• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
It's during gameplay. Does having a lot of edited characters at once make the Wii more likely to freeze?

I'm not using Brawl+

Seriously. It's the lasers. When the Great Fox fires it's multi-lasers, the game freezes after you hear the third one.

Are you guys playing with stage freeze codes on?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I found a bug with my Lightning Wisp form >< If you have your side-B fully charged, and you hit someone with a fully charged down-B (burying them), then the game will lock up.

Leon89

Smash Cadet
i found a glich with your version leafbarrett. i am using BBrawl standard, and when i swaped to the fire it left the graphics in place while the character moves around invisible except for 4 sparkles. and i can't change into any other form i get stuck invisible

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
i found a glich with your version leafbarrett. i am using BBrawl standard, and when i swaped to the fire it left the graphics in place while the character moves around invisible except for 4 sparkles. and i can't change into any other form i get stuck invisible
Hmm... that's weird... :( I don't use BBrawl, so I never would have caught that... I don't know why it would do that ><

Leon89

Smash Cadet
i would edit it my self but i don't know right now how to change the settings of those graphics, if i knew how to, i could see if i could fix it.

edit: well i've got the smash attacks program working, i'm just wondering where do i edit where the taunts happen

Eldiran

Smash Lord
It's during gameplay. Does having a lot of edited characters at once make the Wii more likely to freeze?

I'm not using Brawl+

Seriously. It's the lasers. When the Great Fox fires it's multi-lasers, the game freezes after you hear the third one.

Are you guys playing with stage freeze codes on?
Sorry I took forever to respond; nope, I'm not using stage freeze codes. Some stages are slowed, as per BBrawl, but none are frozen. Corneria in particular runs normally.

I'd really like to solve as many glitches with Wisp as possible. Does this crash still happen, and does it happen anywhere else?

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I don't currently have access to a Wii and can't try him out, but in the video, did Wisp kkill IC's at 32% with an Uair? Little OP... I could be wrong, but those ICs were definitely ***** in the last video.(@pictochat)

Gonna try him out as soon as i find a Wii...

NNID
Budget_Player
Wisp is pretty cool. A few comments though.

I am having a lot of trouble figuring out where I am, what my charge level is (this is a large gripe), and what direction I'm facing.
Killing is an absolute nightmare. Gimping? I can't figure out what to use. (Brawl+). Tornado seems pretty useless...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses

I am having a lot of trouble figuring out where I am, what my charge level is (this is a large gripe), and what direction I'm facing.
Killing is an absolute nightmare. Gimping? I can't figure out what to use. (Brawl+). Tornado seems pretty useless...
Fair/Bair is pretty good for gimping. It's a bit like Jigglypuff WOP.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I don't currently have access to a Wii and can't try him out, but in the video, did Wisp kkill IC's at 32% with an Uair? Little OP... I could be wrong, but those ICs were definitely ***** in the last video.(@pictochat)

Gonna try him out as soon as i find a Wii...
No worries; in the description of that video it's stated that the gravity was changed to make it look cooler. Wisp is more likely to kill at 132% with Uair.

Thanks. Unfortunately those are a lot of problems that are just inherent in Wisp. I recommend changing to a darker form (like fire or darkness) when on lighter stages to help keep track of yourself. Telling your facing can also be difficult, but there's not really a solution for that. For the charge level, it should be easy to tell which is charge level 1, but I confess I am also sometimes confused if I am level 2 or fully charged. Just remember that fully charged has you almost totally covered in electricity.

Also, note that when you gain a new charge it makes a 'ding!' sound.

Killing is supposed to be hard with Wisp. You're primarily stuck either getting lucky with Usmash and Fsmash, gimping from onstage with Tornado/Earthquake/Dsmash, or gimping offstage with Fair/Bair/Nair. All but gimping offstage requires very precise timing and luck though.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I actually have one very small improvement to add yet, but I'm waiting for more bug reports/criticisms to post my final version. But naturally anytime something big goes wrong with Wisp I'll make a new version (assuming I can fix it).

@Budget Player: Yep, it's true. I'm definitely leaning toward the safe side of the balance spectrum still.

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I've been using Wisp a bit in Brawl, playing with fairly skilled people (Lee Martin included, he even played her some :] ) and we all agreed the only thing keeping her from being balanced and worthy of consistent play is that she blends into stages way too well. She so small and so long as you pick a color close to the current background and keep moving in the air, it's way too good of a camouflage.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
So, I've been using Wisp a bit in Brawl, playing with fairly skilled people (Lee Martin included, he even played her some :] ) and we all agreed the only thing keeping her from being balanced and worthy of consistent play is that she blends into stages way too well. She so small and so long as you pick a color close to the current background and keep moving in the air, it's way too good of a camouflage.
I'm glad you and your friends are enjoying her! I don't know who Lee Martin is, I'm kinda out of the loop on the Brawl scene :/

Heheh, are you implying that Wisp is too good? I know it's a pain to keep track of him, but Wisp should still be crappy enough to be weak -- unless you're playing Brawl+, in which case I can't make any authoritative statements. Then again, I'm not exactly a tournament player, so perhaps I made Wisp decent without knowing it.

I totally agree with you that eliminating that would be necessary to make Wisp really worthwhile to play with though. I wish there was a way I could; I'm open to suggestions. For now just tell your friends not to be jerks and choose visible colors :p

Sudai

Stuff here
I was actually being the jerk picking unseeable colors for a while. XD

I'm honestly not sure what more you can do to make her more visible since I don't know PSA at all atm, but I'm learning it (making a character, figure that's the best way. lol) so maybe I'll find something eventually. I doubt it if you couldn't find it though.

As for her actual gameplay, she has three points that she's really good with. She has an -amazing- momentum cancel. Despite being Jiggly's weight, I was living to 180-190% consistently.

The next thing is her DAir edge guard. It's -good-. Even if someone air dodges is, if you do it right, you'll hit them coming out of the air dodge.

Lastly, her NAir is pretty good. If you predict where the hit will send them, you can string a few NAirs** into U/F/BAir. If NAir were a better move, I could see this needing toning, but as it stands, I can't land NAir on anyone with decent range aside from punishing laggy moves OoS or punishing poorly spaced whiffs.

**I always got at least 1 more NAir, sometimes as many as 4-5, but I'm pretty sure those were bad DI. With bad DI it's possible to combo someone from the middle of FD to carry someone to the deathzone starting at 0%. lol. How often will Bad DI happen for 30 seconds though? :p

So yeah, some metagame stuff for her. Nothing broken, I don't think

Yeah, Dair combos into itself reeeaaally easily at low %(B+).

You can do the reverse ledgegrab glitch with DSmash if you time it right.

USmash's charge either
a-Shouldn't be there. Opponents can DI out of it and then won't get hit by the actuall move.
or
b- Should trap them.
Just some thoughts.

Nordavind

Smash Rookie
Hi, I tried to install it but it doesn't look to work on PAL versions :/
Could you make a PAL version of Wisp ?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
So yeah, some metagame stuff for her. Nothing broken, I don't think
Excellent, this is exactly the kind of stuff I want to hear. Everything seems to be working about as well as I'd hoped from the sound of it, but I wasn't expecting a momentum cancel (not used to using that technique). I assume you're either using Neutral B, uair or dair?

Yeah, Dair combos into itself reeeaaally easily at low %(B+).

You can do the reverse ledgegrab glitch with DSmash if you time it right.

USmash's charge either
a-Shouldn't be there. Opponents can DI out of it and then won't get hit by the actuall move.
or
b- Should trap them.
Just some thoughts.
Forgive my 'noob'ishness, but what is the reverse ledgegrab glitch?

I understand what you're saying with Usmash. I may change the shocks to disallow any DI.

Hi, I tried to install it but it doesn't look to work on PAL versions :/
Could you make a PAL version of Wisp ?
If there is a File Replacement code for PAL, then Wisp should work fine. I think some other PAL users got it work earlier in this thread...

Sudai

Stuff here
I assume you're either using Neutral B, uair or dair?
NAir > Neutral B is broken for momentum cancels. It's as good as GnW's Bucket Braking if not better. Not that I'm complaining, I think living a really long time really helps balance out the relative suck of some of her weaker areas.

Oh, and DAir momentum cancels excellently as well, I mostly use it for surprise counter attacks though since you don't get the downward momentum when you use it to momentum cancel so you can just make a horizontal line of fire essentially, but it stops you almost as well as NAir > Neutral B does if people are feeling lazy. :o

Reverse ledgegrab is this glitch the Marios found out, whre if you use his cape RIGHT when someone is going to LG, they get reversed and grab at some invisible ledge in the air.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Sorry I took forever to respond; nope, I'm not using stage freeze codes. Some stages are slowed, as per BBrawl, but none are frozen. Corneria in particular runs normally.

I'd really like to solve as many glitches with Wisp as possible. Does this crash still happen, and does it happen anywhere else?
It still happens. I tried again and it happened right after the 3rd laser of the Great Fox, again.

I have had some freezes on other stages, but I never know what the cause is.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
NAir > Neutral B is broken for momentum cancels. It's as good as GnW's Bucket Braking if not better. Not that I'm complaining, I think living a really long time really helps balance out the relative suck of some of her weaker areas.

Oh, and DAir momentum cancels excellently as well, I mostly use it for surprise counter attacks though since you don't get the downward momentum when you use it to momentum cancel so you can just make a horizontal line of fire essentially, but it stops you almost as well as NAir > Neutral B does if people are feeling lazy. :o
Very nice, I'll have to remember all that. Thanks for the in-depth info.

Reverse ledgegrab is this glitch the Marios found out, whre if you use his cape RIGHT when someone is going to LG, they get reversed and grab at some invisible ledge in the air.
Ahh, gotcha. Makes sense since it's the same exact effect as the cape.

It still happens. I tried again and it happened right after the 3rd laser of the Great Fox, again.

I have had some freezes on other stages, but I never know what the cause is.
Man, that's a real bummer. I have no idea why that would happen. Thanks for reporting it though. Let me know if it crashes anywhere else.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I only read page one and watched the vids. Where have I been!??!?!? This is GOLD!

EDIT: So I've been playtesting. Didn't to too much irregular stuff, but didn't find any new bugs. Just finished reading through the whole thread as well.

DownB is so pointless right now. That is probably my one and only complaint. I can't even use an uncharged DownB to follow up a trip for 4 percent. I think I would cut down the time of it somewhat. All three charges will still never feasibly connect, and charge 2 will trip always, so it's good, but still super hard to land. Charge time should be cut a lot. It's really that bad. It's gotta be like 80 frames because to OHKO the Target tests still takes 1.2 seconds. It seems like uncharged is roughtly 80 frames, second stage is roughly 130, and third is 250. Now, I'm not trying to argue that a move as devestating as fully charged DownB should be easy to land, but at this rate, even uncharged downB is impossible to land. 80 frames for a whooping 4 damage. It needs to get cut dramatically(keep in mind Ike's Fsmash comes out frame 29), so that the first hit is frame 50, the second hit is frame 100, and the third 150 or so. You can't even cancel the charges once you commit, so it really just makes it an awful move at this speed.

NeutralB is probably the best move. It trips, deals good damage, starts a true combo, and flowers the opponent. Awesome move. Dsmash is really good too. Jab also trips fairly reliably, and a lot of Wisps moves cause tripping due to angle, giving her a chance vs Heavy characters that it wouldn't normally be able to kill. I just get sad when I can't use even the first charge of downB to tack on +4.

The grab is good. Wisp does not need to grab opponents directly in front of her. The jab is good, and retreating options are good. Aerials out of shield and NeutralB seem to solve this, though I need to play more to confirm.

Overall, I struggled to beat a level 9 Jin, which I already knew would be a bad MU. I like Wisp a lot, and play on doing a complete SSE run through with her. Does anyone know how stickers affect PSA Characters?

That's all my grips for now. I can deal with Wisps weaknesses with cleverness. It's fun to play as. I just want a DownB that works.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
im going to assume you guys know that when you shield, the shield itself looks like its barely going down, but b4 you know it your shield broke for holding it out too long.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
im going to assume you guys know that when you shield, the shield itself looks like its barely going down, but b4 you know it your shield broke for holding it out too long.
Yep, that's a known problem. Making Jiggly invisible makes the shield invisible, so I had to generate a fake one that doesn't reflect the size properly.

I only read page one and watched the vids. Where have I been!??!?!? This is GOLD!

That's all my grips for now. I can deal with Wisps weaknesses with cleverness. It's fun to play as. I just want a DownB that works.
Thanks for the feedback, and for showing interest! Did you know Down B generates a large spike hitbox around Wisp when unleashing the charge? It also increases in size with each charge. That gives it some possible (but admittedly difficult to time) edgeguarding uses, and also leaves you slightly less vulnerable. However, yes, Down B is still a poor move. I can accept Wisp having one or two poor moves. I'll defintely look into improving it further though, especially if the spike is still totally useless. I should hope though, that at the very least, Down B provides incentive for spammers to approach, even if it never hits them.

I'm glad to hear Neutral B and Dsmash are useful. It's also reassuring to hear the grab is workable. I'm surprised you could stand against a Jin at all. No offense to his creator, but from what I've seen, he seems absurdly powerful ._.

Let me know how that SSE run goes -- I haven't tried anything with SSE and PSA myself. Thanks again!

I think Ftilt angle allows for a guarenteed jablock by looking at it.
How do you mean? The angle sort of flings the foe over Wisp's shoulder.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yep, that's a known problem. Making Jiggly invisible makes the shield invisible, so I had to generate a fake one that doesn't reflect the size properly.

Thanks for the feedback, and for showing interest! Did you know Down B generates a large spike hitbox around Wisp when unleashing the charge? It also increases in size with each charge. That gives it some possible (but admittedly difficult to time) edgeguarding uses, and also leaves you slightly less vulnerable. However, yes, Down B is still a poor move. I can accept Wisp having one or two poor moves. I'll defintely look into improving it further though, especially if the spike is still totally useless. I should hope though, that at the very least, Down B provides incentive for spammers to approach, even if it never hits them.

I'm glad to hear Neutral B and Dsmash are useful. It's also reassuring to hear the grab is workable. I'm surprised you could stand against a Jin at all. No offense to his creator, but from what I've seen, he seems absurdly powerful ._.

Let me know how that SSE run goes -- I haven't tried anything with SSE and PSA myself. Thanks again!
I've been advising the creator in ways to balance Jin, he's not as powerful as you think, but he definitely solidly beats Wisp. I'm just smarter than the level 9 CPU (it was still a close match)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
How do you mean? The angle sort of flings the foe over Wisp's shoulder.
Seeing as the wisp is so small, if the foe is flinged over the shoulder he's almost immediatly on the ground right after hitstun. easy jablock. Even if not it seems like it can combo into another Ftilt.

BKonch

Smash Rookie
soo... i feel kinda dumb...
but where do i put .pac files on my sd card?

lolspyftw

Smash Rookie
I love how Wisp plays. I just wish I could play her.

Do I need a file replacement code? I'm using vBrawl. If so, where could I get it?
And where do I put the .PAC file?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've been advising the creator in ways to balance Jin, he's not as powerful as you think, but he definitely solidly beats Wisp. I'm just smarter than the level 9 CPU (it was still a close match)
Ah, that's good to hear. Maybe I'll give him another shot then.

soo... i feel kinda dumb...
but where do i put .pac files on my sd card?
The .pac file goes in: \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin
on your SD card.

I love how Wisp plays. I just wish I could play her.

Do I need a file replacement code? I'm using vBrawl. If so, where could I get it?
And where do I put the .PAC file?
You do need the File Replacement code. If you don't mind using Balanced Brawl, installing that will allow you to use it. Alternately, you could swipe just the File Replacement code from BBrawl's codeset. If you still need help lemme know.

Side-b uncharged is a jab lock. It's not that much of a problem unless you have a Turbo button...
Try using it on a CPU -- I'm pretty sure it isn't a lock, since the CPUs can always escape. If you're talking about Brawl+, I can't say anything on that, except that someone else using B+ has said it isn't a lock.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There are people who can press 13.1 time per second (cough me)
So who gives a ratass about the turbo button?

I think his normal jab jablocks too.

Sudai

Stuff here
13 presses per second isn't much. It took 14 per second to do a perfect rising tornado with Doc and I know at least 5 people within crew, excluding myself, that can do it. Should probably take it out if it really is a jab lock. That said, I don't think it is a jab lock. I've mashed as fast as I could, and I can do the Doc tornado perfect, and people could still get out.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
13 presses per second isn't much. It took 14 per second to do a perfect rising tornado with Doc and I know at least 5 people within crew, excluding myself, that can do it. Should probably take it out if it really is a jab lock. That said, I don't think it is a jab lock. I've mashed as fast as I could, and I can do the Doc tornado perfect, and people could still get out.
Exactly this.

Times pressed is never an argument.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/506039 could you try getting a highscore at domination here? :D

BKonch

Smash Rookie
i'm using brawl+. it works perfectly fine until i try to add wisp, and i get this message:
"codes error: too many codes
1325 lines found, 425 lines allowed"
everything looks like it still works like regular b+, but there is no change added from the code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom