• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
All right, how exactly do you guys know how many times a second you can press a button? ._.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
So can someone explain how to correctly add Wisp, or refer me, please :)!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Referring to earlier responses:

The .pac file goes in: \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin
on your SD card.

You do need the File Replacement code. If you don't mind using Balanced Brawl, installing that will allow you to use it. Alternately, you could swipe just the File Replacement code from BBrawl's codeset. If you still need help lemme know.

BKonch

Smash Rookie
i need some help. if i give someone the entire contents of my sd card, could they look through it and tell me what's wrong with it?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Someone asked me to report how much dummy data this characters .pac file contains.

Its a lot.
Basically, every time you edit an action, PSA fills the area the action used to be with 0xFADEF00D, and adds the action at the end of the action list. As a result, the more you edit a file, the more of this dummy data gets inserted into your .pac files.

Wisp 1.0 contains 10,971 instances of 0xFADEFOOD, for a total of about 42kb of useless data :D

Eldiran

Smash Lord
i need some help. if i give someone the entire contents of my sd card, could they look through it and tell me what's wrong with it?
I could try, but I can't guarantee anything. Personally I recommend redoing your codeset from scratch (like, reinstalling B+ or BBrawl or whatever) because just adding a .pac file can in no way increase your number of lines of code. (That was your problem, right?)

I have a question... can I instead replace Meta Knight with this?
I'm afraid not, no. (You could always get Balanced Brawl though, that fixes Metaknight up good. /shameless advertising)

Someone asked me to report how much dummy data this characters .pac file contains.

Its a lot.
Basically, every time you edit an action, PSA fills the area the action used to be with 0xFADEF00D, and adds the action at the end of the action list. As a result, the more you edit a file, the more of this dummy data gets inserted into your .pac files.

Wisp 1.0 contains 10,971 instances of 0xFADEFOOD, for a total of about 42kb of useless data :D
Sweet :D That means I edited 10,971 things.

That seems odd though. I totally was able to reduce my filesize on my next project by reducing the number of commands. By like 3kb, but regardless.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid not, no. (You could always get Balanced Brawl though, that fixes Metaknight up good. /shameless advertising)
Trust me, I only play BBrawl these days, it was just, if I had to choose, I want Meta Knight gone instead of Jiggz. Also: Everytime Wisp dies, God kills a Meta Knight would be so much sweeter.
I haven't gotten to play around with Wisp yet, but... the one thing I've noticed from Wisp videos... Wisp isn't exactly heavy in the "Kill Move" department... is he? (she? it?)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Sweet :D That means I edited 10,971 things.

That seems odd though. I totally was able to reduce my filesize on my next project by reducing the number of commands. By like 3kb, but regardless.

Sorta. Lets say you have an Action that has 20 events. Each event takes up 8 bytes, and each parameter is i think 8 bytes as well. Every time you change the size of that action, you would end up having +20*8 bytes of 0xFADEF00D. I haven't done tests on changing actions in-place, but hopefully PSA is smart enough to figure that it doesn't need to move the action if its the same size.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Trust me, I only play BBrawl these days, it was just, if I had to choose, I want Meta Knight gone instead of Jiggz. Also: Everytime Wisp dies, God kills a Meta Knight would be so much sweeter.
I haven't gotten to play around with Wisp yet, but... the one thing I've noticed from Wisp videos... Wisp isn't exactly heavy in the "Kill Move" department... is he? (she? it?)
Ah, I gotcha. It's true.

And nope, Wisp is very bad at killing. Gimping is supposed to be its modus operandi. It's honestly not very powerful, which kind of balances the fact that it's very hard to predict what an enemy Wisp is doing.

Sorta. Lets say you have an Action that has 20 events. Each event takes up 8 bytes, and each parameter is i think 8 bytes as well. Every time you change the size of that action, you would end up having +20*8 bytes of 0xFADEF00D. I haven't done tests on changing actions in-place, but hopefully PSA is smart enough to figure that it doesn't need to move the action if its the same size.
Ah, I think I see. So if you don't increase the number of actions, it doesn't push it to another location (and resulting in leaving the previous one empty). Makes sense.

Sudai

Stuff here
Wisp kill combo when you get desperate: DTaunt > (Dash Dance >)FSmash. Eld made it so gimping is the best way to kill with her (I like to think Wisp is a she. :]) like he tried to do, so that's still a better option, but if you absolutely need to kill and your DAir/UAir are decayed, that's always something nice to throw in. ;]

Dash dancing helps you charge your side-b (another good kill move) and you can stutter step > FSmash out of that. Plus that gives you a reason to be on the ground if your opponent knows how Wisp's side-b charges. If you want to make it even less predictable, you should switch colors once they get around 80% every stock so they'll never really know if it's coming.

BKonch

Smash Rookie
I could try, but I can't guarantee anything. Personally I recommend redoing your codeset from scratch (like, reinstalling B+ or BBrawl or whatever) because just adding a .pac file can in no way increase your number of lines of code. (That was your problem, right?)
doing that and changing the name worked perfectly! thanks

Eldiran

Smash Lord
lol yeah

also, wisp is '' broken '' on btt. the hitbox is... umm... big. ia there any way too make it like grabs, and only affect characters?
What's btt? To answer your question, I'm afraid I don't know how to do that (or if it's possible). In the meantime Wisp can have fun toying with stage hazards, to make up for the lack of items.

Are you going to make another version of wisp, even if no bugs are found?
I have made one very small improvement, but I'm waiting for more bug reports/balance fixes to post it. So, yes, but nothing major.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
If you're playing as Wisp, you shouldn't be looking at Wisp. She should be hurting your opponent's eyes. :p
You should never look at your character =O
You should know what you are doing and where you are, so there is no need for looking at your own character...

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What's btt? To answer your question, I'm afraid I don't know how to do that (or if it's possible). In the meantime Wisp can have fun toying with stage hazards, to make up for the lack of items.

I have made one very small improvement, but I'm waiting for more bug reports/balance fixes to post it. So, yes, but nothing major.
BTT = break the targets

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
You should never look at your character =O
You should know what you are doing and where you are, so there is no need for looking at your own character...
I'm sorry I'm not exactly familiar with a character that I just started using within the last 24 hours...

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
A word of advice to any aspiring Wisp mains, turn tap jump off and Dash Dance whenever your opponent isn't near you. You can literally max out you over B in the time it takes them to respawn.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice

how do i make all wisp's colors show up different for each player,
it doesnt matter how many times i read the pgs here i cant find the answer,
please let me in on how to use a different color wisp then the blue one.

thanx

Eldiran

Smash Lord
how do i make all wisp's colors show up different for each player,
it doesnt matter how many times i read the pgs here i cant find the answer,
please let me in on how to use a different color wisp then the blue one.

thanx
Each taunt corresponds to a color. Press up taunt for aura, down taunt for darkness. Side taunt while facing right for fire, and side taunt while facing left for ice.

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
I got a question that's Wisp related, but applies to all SA Characters. If Jigglypuff was made invisible, and drawn over to create Wisp, could the same thing be done to Marth's head to make Roy, or to modify Toon Link to look more like Geno?

Sudai

Stuff here
Invisibility isn't all or nothing. I'm not personally sure how to go about it but there was a thread that showcased making certain parts of a character invisible. There was a faceless Mario in the thread if that helps anyone remember/find it. :x

Eldiran

Smash Lord
True, but that's rather specific; from my tests, the only reason you can take off Mario's head is because it has an alternate form in the first place (hatless Mario). Similarly, Link's shield can be removed from existence, because it has the alternate form of being on Link's back.

I attempted to invisify Jigglypuff using that method, but because he had no form changes, it didn't do anything (except crash).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom