• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of Summer Tourney! Chicago, IL (September 18, 2010)

Zhftn

Smash Rookie
So wait, is this going to be at noon or at a later time? Dark Kakashi, weren't you going to try to change that? I'm sorry to be selfish, but me and my friends really wanted to go to this, and there is absolutely no way we can be there at 12.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
the reason why the Smash tourney needs to be at Noon is becasue we have to manage space and (possible) attendance. usually Smash tournaments start at 11AM but we're trying to give OOS folks time to show up. eventhough, that doesn't really apply to Smash (this time) since most of the players will be local.

you're given a little over a week's notice. so i'd plan accordingly. if u can't make it at Noon (for Smash), then hopefully we'll see you eventually...later that day or at another tournament.

but Brawl is starting at Noon sharp. we have a lot of tournaments to run that day, and Smash being ran at Noon and on time is essential to make sure the REST of the tournaments are successful.

hope u understand this.

...this is also why we're ONLY RUNNING BRAWL SINGLES AND NOT BRAWL DOUBLES at this tournament.

Zhftn

Smash Rookie
Ah. I understand then. But that really sucks :/ Oh well, i suppose we'll have to go to another tournament, then.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Depending on how late Webster starts Brawl, but he usually starts it as early as possible. Since we won't be having doubles Brawl should go by a lot faster so it could probably be started later, but the other games would have to be considered as well since they'd take up some potential setups and some Brawl players.

Zhftn

Smash Rookie
So there's still a chance that me and the others will be coming to the tournament. We'll reach a decision Sunday. If we're going to it, we'll be preregistering by Monday.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
hopefully a decent amount of people come out to this or join up for it

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
you can't switch another tourney with brawl? I can't make it if it's at 12pm. My class get's out at 12pm.. 1pm would be nice.

If brawl started at like 1pm (preferably 1:30) I would come if not, no biggie. I probably won't go then, I wouldn't be able to make it in time trying to find a ride (parents or otherwise) after coming home from school.

Sadface.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
So wait, is this going to be at noon or at a later time? Dark Kakashi, weren't you going to try to change that? I'm sorry to be selfish, but me and my friends really wanted to go to this, and there is absolutely no way we can be there at 12.
So there's still a chance that me and the others will be coming to the tournament. We'll reach a decision Sunday. If we're going to it, we'll be preregistering by Monday.

I think Webster explained it so I don't need to response. But for the sake in order to run everything else on time and actually have time to run everything, we must follow this schedule. I am sorry if it inconvenience you, but I am looking at the bigger picture since there are many people planing to show up and not just for 1 event.

I truly hope you can make it though, should be a fun event overall. Anyone that has been to End of Summer tourneys seem to always have fun! Is a good event for locals to take up a game competitively. ^_^

People better come to this. Otherwise I'll be upset if I come and one of the only Brawlers there... :/
But if more people enter, the chances of you getting Top 3 and making some money go down dramatically. >_>

How late are we expecting brawl to run?
Brawl should start at 12PM and should be ending depending on the turn out on about 2-4PM. Casuals will be played later if people want to play however. I am still working on assigning casual areas/times.

hopefully a decent amount of people come out to this or join up for it
Should be a fun event, turnout is truly depending on the locals, since I don't expect out of state players to show up for this, since it not a big event for Brawl. But I am sure a good chunk of locals would show up since I know there are a few that just want to play the game. So maybe a good 16+ would be a good estimate. Don't expect 40+ though. >_>;

you can't switch another tourney with brawl? I can't make it if it's at 12pm. My class get's out at 12pm.. 1pm would be nice.

If brawl started at like 1pm (preferably 1:30) I would come if not, no biggie. I probably won't go then, I wouldn't be able to make it in time trying to find a ride (parents or otherwise) after coming home from school.

Sadface.
I know how you feel, but this schedule is what I made that would serve me best for the overall tournament. If only a select few games were been run then I would not have a problem, hell if the pre reg list for the other games was not as big as it is right now I would not have mind switching times. But since they are I have to accommodate for everyone. So I am sorry if you can't make it. Truly I wish you could and others as well. I will however be working to get a Smash exclusive event going on sometime in November or December for the locals and give them enough time to get ready for that one. Maybe in November. ^_^

i'll be there.
<3

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Actually I will just appear for friendlies :) and to hang out. No need for me to enter tourney~ I don't think I'd go anywhere anyway!!

So I am up for friendlies and such, sorry for that posting inconvenience! I want to have a blast at this!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I am adding a second block for Casual Play. It will be at 4PM for those wanting to play Causals of any game. So if you miss the Casual block of 10Am-12PM there will be another one later in the day. Hope that helps some people out that just want to hang out. ^_^

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
After spending vastly more at SiiS than I wanted to, I have to decide between Norm's tournament and this. Should probably take me off Pre-reg because of it.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
With less than a week to go I think I can get accurate posts about system donations.

With that said, who is going to bring a Full Set Up (TV+System+Game)? The more we have for any given game the quicker that event will run and the sooner Casuals can be played for that game.

As far as TvC and HDR and Melty go I realistically only need 2 Set Ups at most for those events. Since the Potential turnout for those based on Pre reg is not that big.

I do however will need 4+ Full Set Ups for SSF4, Tekken 6, Blazblue, and Brawl. This will hopefully make those events run quicker and if so we can finish on time and have more time for free play or whatever Money Matches you guys want to do.

As a reminder, Tournament Matches take precedent over Casual/Money Matches, so if there is any of those going on, you will be asked to please stop the match and let the tournament match go on. There are designated times for Casual play, the other times will be if a given event is done early enough were we only need 1-2 Set ups for the rest of the tourney matches and then the others can be open up for Casual Play.

Remember if you bring a Full Set Up your Venue Fee will be waived.

If you are planing on bring one to help with the tournaments been run please post up your name and what you plan to bring so I can post that in the Main Post.

Your cooperation with System Donations will make this event run so much faster and give you much more free time to play with your fellow players that came from all over the Midwest! ^_^

***** Added a Set Ups List to the Main Post! ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Super Smash Brothers 64 will run at 4PM on the Nintendo 64. I highly recommend you bring your own controller since I know some of you will not like the ones I do have to lend to people. and no, you can not use my N64 controller. =p

Super Smash Brothers 64 will be a tourney for $5! ^_^

I also added Super Smash Brothers to the Pre Reg list. Should be a very fun game. And would be nice to see if I can manage to add it to the Live Stream! <3

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Super Smash Brothers 64 will run at 4PM on the Nintendo 64. I highly recommend you bring your own controller since I know some of you will not like the ones I do have to lend to people. and no, you can not use my N64 controller. =p

Super Smash Brothers 64 will be a tourney for $5! ^_^

I also added Super Smash Brothers to the Pre Reg list. Should be a very fun game. And would be nice to see if I can manage to add it to the Live Stream! <3
guess i should dig out my n64 and practice a little.. wish i had better controllers though because i wore them out playing smash64 lol

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I know what you mean Norm. Same here. I have the system and game but my controllers are like.... >_>;;;;;

Hence me saying to bring your own controllers because I will just give you a broken one if you ask me for one. =p

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Commentary list:

Filler:

Digimonemperor
J-Money
HeroicLegacy

T6:

Tick
Chi Holi & Andre

SSF4:

:( (no one yet)

TVC:

Frankie G
RaYzYrbYrn

HDR:

Slayer_KFK

Brawl:

Dajayman

MBAA:

:( (no one yet)

Rev3:

Akatsuki

BBCS:

HeroicLegacy

Again we're looking for about 2 - 3 people per section (game) to provide commentary. So if you'd like to be added to the list, just post up.

Scythe

Smash Master
Having jared as commentator is a surefire way to get people to exit out of the stream

no trollmo

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Commentary list:

"forced by webster" - is not really forced, but asked lol.

Filler:

Digimonemperor
J-Money
HeroicLegacy
The Arkayne
Frankie G
dark kakashi

T6:

Sluch (forced by webster)
Nappy jin (forced by webster)
Tick
Chi Holi & Andre

SSF4:

digimonemporer (well someone has to make fun of this game :p )
The Arkayne
Phoenix24x
tactics (forced by webster)
fLoE (forced by webster)

TVC:

Frankie G
RaYzYrbYrn
auhsojsivart (forced by webster)

HDR:

Slayer_KFK
royalphlush (forced by webster)
J-Money (forced by webster)

Brawl:

Dajayman
Oro (forced by webster, and someone has to make fun of Brawl lol)

MBAA:

benothebeno
schnets
kobayashi (forced by webster)
necrossis (forced by webster)

Rev3:

Akatsuki
killah j (forced by webster)
killtz (forced by webster)
dark sasuke (forced by webster)

BBCS:

HeroicLegacy
Frankie G
Phoenix24x

Again we're looking for about 2 - 3 people per section (game) to provide commentary. So if you'd like to be added to the list, just post up.

Top Bottom