• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter The Darkness: Dark Samus Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Really not trying to think that in depth about this. Chances are, if the Phazon story is continued, it won't be by Sakomoto. And vice versa with the X parasites.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Phazze would be great atmosphere for Dark Samus. I really hope she gets in.

Is she really gone for good? I don't want her to be wiped out of Metroid forever. She could always come back using a new phazon source, or just a whole new energy source.

@ Venus- why u no add me on dat support list? :sadeyes:

:phone:
Fixed! Anyone else want me to add them?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Go ahead and throw me on Venus. I'm not going to be done with this thread for a long time.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
I had this idea of Dark Samus' body being torn open and Metroid Prime (Core) coming out to attack the characters, but that would probably be too gruesome for Super Smash Bros.
I don't think it would be that bad, considering that her body is just armor and phazon, so there wouldn't be any gross stuff. Plus, it'd look pretty darn cool. :bee:

D

Deleted member

Add me in as a Dark supporter.

Pleasantly surprised to see Dark Samus have one of the larger alliances for this game. Thought that it was almost dead before this thread was made, but at least this shows that there are some dedicated supporters out there.

Wish I had much else to add in regards to Dark Samus, but I'll keep checking back to see if I can add anything.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm surprised that people support a cheap knock off of Samus.

...aaaand you haven't even read anything in this thread have you. I don't really "support" DS, and I haven't played any MP other than the first, but even I recognize she and Samus share very little outside their appearance.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
most characters final smash has something to do with what they do normally, so Dark Samus has a large amount of powers to choose from. Since she is also a unexplored character, Sakurai could make her do whatever the hell he wants her to do. She could merge with the Aurora Unit, she could be like Samus in hypermode, she could have the bosses from the leviathan seeds running around attacking people, i even proposed her floating into the middle of the screen and having giant tentacles of phazon flying around and whacking people.
She is made up of phazon, most people dont know what that is, so if he makes a smash that didnt appear in the games, most people will think she has actually done it
Yeah, I gotcha. I would rather have her final smash incorporate phazon as well as using it for most of her attacks. Whatever it will be it will still be bad***. I really like DarkSouls's idea of Dark Samus merging AU 313.

I had this idea of Dark Samus' body being torn open and Metroid Prime (Core) coming out to attack the characters, but that would probably be too gruesome for Super Smash Bros.
Would be cool to see though.

Fixed! Anyone else want me to add them?
Yay!

I'm surprised that people support a cheap knock off of Samus. The same people that complain about clones too...
Lol, wut?

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that people support a cheap knock off of Samus.:phone:
A cheap knockoff!?!?
SA-X is a knockoff of Samus, it is literally a clone of Samus
Dark Samus is something entirely different, if you had played the metroid prime series and metroid fusion, you would know that DS is completely different. Dark Samus stole Samus's Phazon Suit as a base to make her own form, their abilities are worlds apart, DS can fly, turn invisible, make copies of herself, make pillars of phazon, you are wrong on so man levels

Yeah, I gotcha. I would rather have her final smash incorporate phazon as well as using it for most of her attacks. Whatever it will be it will still be bad***.:phone:
When people created the hack for Dark Samus in brawl, they did it while taking the attacks from lucario, with his blue aura appearing on his attacks. So i imagine that they would look like his attacks almost, with blue phazon clouds appearing around her hands and/or feet

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that people support a cheap knock off of Samus. The same people that complain about clones too...
You forgot the :troll: emoticon. :reverse:

Yeah, I gotcha. I would rather have her final smash incorporate phazon as well as using it for most of her attacks. Whatever it will be it will still be bad***.
I like how nobody has suggested the AU 313 merge from Prime 3 as a Final Smash. Probably because it was incredibly anti-climactic and the opposite of bad***.

Seriously, after a great fight with Dark Samus, you're suddenly fighting a giant caterpillar Mother Brain knock-off.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Prime 3 had great boss fights, after all them i was left thinking, holy h*ll that was hard, after the DS fight i was like "Yes, i am good at this game" and then BAM, weird computer thing.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Ignore that guy, he's just another moron who can't read:smirk:

I like how nobody has suggested the AU 313 merge from Prime 3 as a Final Smash. Probably because it was incredibly anti-climactic and the opposite of bad***.
Fixed my previous post. This is a very INTENSELY CLIMATIC & SUPER-AWESOME BAD*** final smash possibility as well. :)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, Phaaze would make sense... Would work better with many of the boss themes in the series.

Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 - Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 3 - Dark Samus
I prefer this Metroid Prime boss theme over that first one, as well as the Prime 2 version of the Dark Samus theme over the Prime 3 one, but other than that, yeah.

Seriously, after a great fight with Dark Samus, you're suddenly fighting a giant caterpillar Mother Brain knock-off.
Yeah, AU 313 was basically a poor man's Mother Brain, and I'd rather have Dark Samus make a Leviathan crash onto the stage as a final smash than for her to have anything to do with that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yes, I'm a moron for trying to avoid generic DARK AND EDGY palette swaps that will blantly be clone material regardless of what ever "powers" are against this claim.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I'm a moron for trying to avoid generic DARK AND EDGY palette swaps that will blantly be clone material regardless of what ever "powers" are against this claim.

Yeah, because Wario was just a generic "dark and edgy" (well...dark, anyway) recolor of Mario who had more of a gladular problem, and he even had the same abilities as Mario in his debut. Look where he is now.

Dark Samus hardly fights or even ACTS like Samus in any way. Mostly because it isn't just a "dark version of Samus". It's the Metroid Prime taking Samus' form.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
You're actually serious? I was giving you too much credit, it seems.

Dark Samus does not fight like Samus. This is clear to even the most casual observer of Metroid Prime 2 or 3. She does not have the Grapple Beam, Bombs, and Screw Attack. She does not have a "zero-suit" form. Her usual method of locomotion is flying.

She is not a DARK AND EDGY palette swap any more than Wolf is, and Wolf got a unique moveset.

If you're going to try at this, at least watch the Dark Samus fights from Metroid Prime 2 and 3. Then get a better argument than "Well, she looks like Samus", because we already have a Captain Falcon clone who doesn't resemble Captain Falcon at all, and a non-Fox clone that looks like a darker and edgier Fox.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

Yes you are a moron, because dark samus is about as different as it can be while still maintaining a humanoid form. if you had played the game, 2 and 3, you would see how wrong you are, go on, right now go on youtube and take about a half hour to watch the DS boss battles, so before you go off on dark and edgy palette swaps, why dont you actually just look past the name Dark Samus

D

Deleted member

We're talking about the same guy that says Mewtwo returning to Smash would be a huge embarassment and that people are too blinded by nostalgia to see otherwise.

You guys are just wasting your time trying to get through to this fool...

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
"Diddy & Dixie will be clones because they're both chimpanzees."

"Charizard & Ridley will be clones because they are both dragons."

"Bowser Jr. will be a clone because he's a mini Bowser."

"Paper Mario will be a clone because he's Mario."

"Mewtwo, Lucario, & Zoroark will be clones because they're humanoid."

Gets annoying doesn't it?

Oh & fix Ganondorf please. That doesn't make sense at all.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
We're talking about the same guy that says Mewtwo returning to Smash would be a huge embarassment and that people are too blinded by nostalgia to see otherwise.

You guys are just wasting your time trying to get through to this fool...
Thats the thing, i have to get through to him, make him see the light, or the dark?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Trying to convince me that Dark Samus wouldn't be a clone would be like trying to convince me that the ocean isn't wet. Logic speaking, not bias speaking of course.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Trying to convince me that Dark Samus wouldn't be a clone would be like trying to convince me that the ocean isn't wet. Logic speaking, not bias speaking of course.

i am guessing you havent played the metroid prime series ever, at all. If you had you would know how wrong you are. Now before you post another comment on how they would be alike, go to youtube and watch the dark samus boss battles.
type in those very words "Dark Samus Boss Battles"
come back in about 20 minutes once you've watched them
ive also noticed that you started a thread on paper mario, wouldnt that be a clone of mario

hey Venus, talk some sense into this moron

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Sure, she might have a kick or a punch that looks similar to Samus, but in no way will she be an exact copy; barely even a semi-clone.

It has already been explained multiple times that Samus & Dark Samus are only clones by appearance & not by ability.

You Smell

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Sure, she might have a kick or a punch that looks similar to Samus, but in no way will she an exact copy; barely even a semi-clone.

It has already been explained multiple times that Samus & Dark Samus are only clones by appearance & not by ability.

You Smell

even though i keep telling him this, he doesnt believe it.
And not as much appearance as just name, the only look a little alike in corruption.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

If it is near impossible to try and convince you that Dark Samus wouldn't be a clone, then why bother debating it with you at all? To me, it's almost like you don't want to be convinced or you are so set in "I'm right, you're wrong mentality" towards Dark Samus that you don't see the possibilities DS can bring to Smash and the Metroid series.

In this thread, we have detailed many ways on how Dark Samus would not be a clone, her importance to both Metroid and Nintendo, move set/game play ideas, and even the possibilities of becoming a clone. We have talked about the Metroid series as a whole, the under representation of the series in Smash, and the competition DS has. While remaining unbiased, I feel that there is plenty of information and logical discussions that help support DS being included in Smash 4. I am guessing you might of glanced through the OP and maybe a post here and there but I doubt you actually read all 13 pages. I don't blame you. I hardly read the entire support thread of a character I marginally support. However, by doing that, you missed out on the real talk that goes on between the fans of the character.

I guess I can write a huge post; summing up everything we have discussed, why you are wrong and I am right, why DS has potential to not be a clone....but I am busy today.

So, let me ask you a question, Habenero. You seem pretty sure Dark Samus will just be a clone and I can see the reasoning behind that. But I am interested in learning why you think so. What are the reasons behind why you think DS will just be a Dark and Edgy clone?

BTW to everyone: Please tone down the flaming. "Moron" isn't a bad word in my book but it is accusatory. I'd hate to see the DS thread become one of those support groups that resorts to name calling and "intelligence bashing" when arguing.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
BTW to everyone: Please tone down the flaming. "Moron" isn't a bad word in my book but it is accusatory. I'd hate to see the DS thread become one of those support groups that resorts to name calling and "intelligence bashing" when arguing.
I am sorry, i just have a severe dislike of anybody that makes assumptions of the simplest things like names,
you could even call Dark Samus, Metroid Prime, that is another name that could clear up confusion

this thread is also getting more views which is good, the only character threads larger are,Ridley(which is good), King K.Rool,Waluigi, Ghirahim, and Krystal, so its gaining views

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For one Dark Samus is... basically a dark Samus. That should be the first clue that Dark Samus won't be an original character by a long shot. Though unlike characters that were clones like Falco, Dark Samus is a bit of an inverted case: having different abilities but being very similar to Samus. But due to the fact that Dark Samus is pretty identical to another character, it's likely that the character will be skipped entirely during development or added as a last minute character to fill in space. If the latter, it will probably be a clone to shave off a lot of development. Kind of in a similar vein to Dr.Mario.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
She doesn't even walk like Samus, or any humanoid character for that matter. Maybe it is just me, but that would be a pretty big give away to me.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
For one Dark Samus is... basically a dark Samus. That should be the first clue that Dark Samus won't be an original character by a long shot. Though unlike characters that were clones like Falco, Dark Samus is a bit of an inverted case: having different abilities but being very similar to Samus. But due to the fact that Dark Samus is pretty identical to another character, it's likely that the character will be skipped entirely during development or added as a last minute character to fill in space. If the latter, it will probably be a clone to shave off a lot of development. Kind of in a similar vein to Dr.Mario.

i am only being polite in respect of this being Venus's thread, but you are still stuck on the image the dark samus is like samus because of the name, it is only named dark samus because they look similar, the abilities are worlds apart, if you wanted a dark clone, you can have dark link. and you sentence contradicts itself, it cant have different abilities and be similar, it can have different abilities and be different, it would be lighter, but stronger and faster. DS is not identical to another character, find another character that stole a phazon power suit and rebuilt their body around it, DS is phazon, she used they phazon to create entire abilities, its not unlike captain falcon and ganondorf, one is faster and one is stronger, but in this case they dont have the same abilities renamed and changed a little, they have different abilities altogether.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute. He made a Paper Mario thread, yet is bashing Dark Samus on name alone?

DAFUQ?

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Tell me, does this look like a Samus clone to you?

They don't move similar, they don't fight similar, they don't behave similar, and their biology is hilariously different. They only look similar, and not even that close.

For one Dark Samus is... basically a dark Samus.
Nope.

You want to know why she's named Dark Samus? It's because Metroid Prime 2 had a "light world, dark world" gimmick. There were dark, ing-possessed versions of all the normal critters in that game. To play up the "duality", they called the Samus-looking creature "Dark Samus." Light world creatures are weak to the dark beam, dark versions are weak to the light beam. Therefore, you'd expect Dark Samus to be weak to the light beam, right?

Wrong. Because she's not a "dark" Samus possessed by the Ing. She's just a monstrous radioactive organism from Tallon IV who traveled through space to find more phazon. She's weak to the dark beam.

That should be the first clue that Dark Samus won't be an original character by a long shot. Though unlike characters that were clones like Falco, Dark Samus is a bit of an inverted case: having different abilities but being very similar to Samus. But due to the fact that Dark Samus is pretty identical to another character, it's likely that the character will be skipped entirely during development or added as a last minute character to fill in space. If the latter, it will probably be a clone to shave off a lot of development. Kind of in a similar vein to Dr.Mario.
Your argument is based upon Dark Samus being "pretty identical" to normal Samus, even though that's blatantly not true.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Wait a minute. He made a Paper Mario thread, yet is bashing Dark Samus on name alone?

DAFUQ?
His argument is that they would be clones because he is basing his thought proccess off of Dark Samus=Samus but Dark. Watch the boss fights, go to Wikitroid, or google Dark Samus and read Wikipedia, and learn that the only thing they share is a name, Dark Samus isn't even a she, she's an it, it's just easier to call it a she.

D

Deleted member

I already know.
I'm questioning his judgement about how he can make a Paper Mario support thread, yet bash Dark Samus by name alone.
That symbolizes hypocracy.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman

You should of posted something like this earlier instead of posting bluntly stating that they will be clones because they look alike. What kind of response did u expect from a Dark Samus support thread?

While I still completely disagree that Dark Samus is just a dark clone, I can understand she could be turned into a clone if she is late in development.

Oh & I think u may have trolling us the whole time since u voted for Dark Samus in that poll thread. GG. :troll:

no wonder u smell bad ur a troll

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
His argument is that they would be clones because he is basing his thought proccess off of Dark Samus=Samus but Dark. Watch the boss fights, go to Wikitroid, or google Dark Samus and read Wikipedia, and learn that the only thing they share is a name, Dark Samus isn't even a she, she's an it, it's just easier to call it a she.

Metroid Wiki, not Wikitroid. Don't support Wikia when there's an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom