• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic... Rap... BATTLES OF HISTORY!!! OVER GUESS WHICH SIDE WON

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I haven't posted yet, as you can see
Can anyone tell me where my vote should be?

:phone:

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Knowing meta for newer players lets me delve into interactions and how they may or do react with others.

It helps get me a picture of what to expect from them and how they might interact with others in this game.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
As for your question, proper use is to get reactions early out of people and then see who is reacting good or bad to it and if so the intent.

btw i claim dayvig who do i shoot? Thinking about Marshy or Sosk/Kantrip hydra.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So what exactly is "faking suspicion" and actual scumhunting? It seems like we have different views about it.
Hmmm. If you were town, and so were actually looking for scum, I can see why you'd question people who you thought were suspicious.
But if you were scum, you'd have no reason to be suspicious of people- you'd know whether or not someone was scum. But you'd still have to pretend as though you were suspicious of people, in order to blend in with the town.

I'm not saying you can always tell when a player is genuinely looking for scum. But what I am saying is that yes, you could be asking questions of players even though you weren't suspicious of them at all- but you'd typically only do this as scum.

I'm hoping that all makes sense. Do you still think we have different views about it?
Also, I've realised you didn't really answer my question, so please:
Do you think Ran's play so far is suspicious?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Are you gonna keep rhyming like ****ing Dr. Seuss?
I think your skills need better timin'.
but for now give Ran's scum *** the noose
and for town we shall say L'chaim

Ran, answer me this, if you wish,
What do you think of infernos flavor fish?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Omg the suspense :chuckle: Shirley I think you should give us reasoning first ol' chum before you shoot on a whim.

Also how do you feel Kary has interacted with everyone in light of his/her experience so far? (considering this was something you wanted to know).

Well..I can tell you that the way Kary reacted to your call-out was more interesting than anything else, and I wanted to use it as a means of pursuit. (S)he had a very good reaction, and I was quite content with her responses.

This is basically the bulk of it, I wanted to pressure him/her into a situation where he/she would respond and I could get a tell of how he/she did. I can go further into detail with my perspective if you want.

I also really liked her motivation to pressure Ranmaru for voting Gheb, even though he's V/LA. I don't agree with the premise of the vote but it screamed to me that he/she is looking more into things, instead of just fluffling posts with unwarranted comments like in his/her newbie game.

...since when did you start capitalizing everything?

:awesome:

In all seriousness what do you mean by the "premise of the vote"? Is there something I'm not seeing with regards to Ran's vote on Gheb that I should be convinced by? I wouldn't mind you going into detailz when you can plz.

@Kary: can I ask quickly?... what was the utility in asking Ran to provide reasoning on Gheb? Why were you interested in Ran's reasons specifically and not other players' reasons for their votes on the same page?

I agree with peeps I'd like Ran to go into more detail concerning his thoughts on inferno/potentially dark horse considering the word "distancing" he used there.

but for now give Ran's scum *** the noose
well, if you think he's scum then... where's your vote?

:grin:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Kary: can I ask quickly?... what was the utility in asking Ran to provide reasoning on Gheb? Why were you interested in Ran's reasons specifically and not other players' reasons for their votes on the same page?
Just wanted to get Ran talking a bit... wondered whether there was any particular particular reason for choosing Gheb. Thought it was a bit unusual to vote someone who you know won't respond, or even react- you could say I thought it was the least random of the RVS votes. Other than that, you've got to start somewhere.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Ok, guys, I'm really sorry, I was caught up with these SATs and shiznit (I did pretty damn well). I'll actually post now! :D

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
As for your question, proper use is to get reactions early out of people and then see who is reacting good or bad to it and if so the intent.

I find your claim to be a bit suspicious. Can you elaborate on why you think Marshy or Sosk/Kantrip should be lynched/killed?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Katafei said:
In all seriousness what do you mean by the "premise of the vote"? Is there something I'm not seeing with regards to Ran's vote on Gheb that I should be convinced by? I wouldn't mind you going into detailz when you can plz.
More on Kary's side of voting Ranmaru. I don't see any problem with Ranmaru yet, but I like the action he/she too.

Kary, what do you think of Ranmaru currently?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
EBWOP: he/she made*

I cannot grammar.
Kary, are you a boy or a girl?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmmm, Ranmaru- still null obviously.

All I will say is he seems to have posted several times without saying a lot, and I don't know where he was going with the couple of questions he did have. Like... did he really want me to read Inferno off one post? Not really feeling any effort to get out of RVS, basically. Make of that what you will.
Since then, nothing more really. He justified finding Inferno's vote strange essentially by saying it was a feeling he had, which I am more or less ok with. I don't see what he was getting at, but it doesn't bother me just yet.

I'm a boy who's really not bothered about gendered pronouns on the internet, but I appreciate you trying to be accommoddating.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@Kary
As I read everything, you're honestly the only one I can say is really leaning town for me right now. You're being very objective, and looking for legitimate reasoning before pointing fingers. Everyone else is pretty null; some people still haven't posted much at all either, so yea.

Purple

Hi guys!

lol dayvig question. I love it. You should ask someone in specific.

I still got no answer, but I do like why you choose Marshy / Sosk.

@Kary - not to take away from your question, but why do you care about Town reads?

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Marshy is borderline unreadable for me. I can only get a read on him from the actions of others with relation to him rather than his own actions more often than not. There are a few times where he will gun ho and lynch and hit scum to get himself cleared in a sense but i dislike his mentality of lynch first and never ask for a claim. I do not want to fight this if he gets steam for a wagon.

Sosk/Kantrip is because they challenged our power. I will not stand for this and demand a battle of the immortals because their can be only one!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
both of those are silly. just shoot scum

gargaglione why do you believe sherlocks claim to be suspicious?

purple what did you mean by "I still got no answer but I do like why you choose marshy / Sosk"?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I recommend people to ignore the dayvig claim. Im 99% sure its a bluff especially coming from a hydra with RR in it. Only reason it isn't 100% is due to another game currently going on that im not sure I can talk about (especially since im not actually in that game).

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You kidding me?

By telling people to ignore it, you're essentially giving noobscum a free pass, a they don't feel like they have to respond to the daykill.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You kidding me?

By telling people to ignore it, you're essentially giving noobscum a free pass, a they don't feel like they have to respond to the daykill.
I decided to break back into rhyme
To tell you a gambit like that is a waste of time
How do you think it will catch noob scum?
Even in my first game I wasn't that dumb.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
There's always a possibility that someone could trip up on it. Coupled with its very little loss, I don't see why you would want to tell people to ignore it.

Just because you "weren't that dumb" doesn't mean that other people aren't.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Dark Horse: if you're here, please answer both my questions in #86

@Kary - not to take away from your question, but why do you care about Town reads?
I'm not particularly concerned about town reads, but I wanted a bit more content from Gargaglione. I could have asked for scum reads but I felt like it is a little too early for that. I could equally have asked a question about RVS, posting habits etc. but I'm less interested in that. Asking for a town read with reasons gives me something to work with.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Do you still think we have different views about it?
Yes, because you have made no distinction between "looking like suspecting" and "suspecting"

Do you think Ran's play so far is suspicious?
Would I question something that I don't find suspicious?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also:

You kidding me?

There's always a possibility that someone could trip up on it. Coupled with its very little loss, I don't see why you would want to tell people to ignore it.
It seems like you think Sherlock's dayvig claim will only trip up newbie scum. Surely it might trip up any newbie player? Please explain your reasoning here.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Why would it trip up any newbie?

Let's say X is scumbuds with marshy. After X sees that hound wants to dayvig marshy, he could try an attempt to freak out over hound, and chainsaw

Town has no reason to do that, as they don't have partners who are on the gauntlet (Unless there's stuff like masons, but I wouldn't bet on that)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yes, because you have made no distinction between "looking like suspecting" and "suspecting"

Would I question something that I don't find suspicious?
It's like we're going in circles.
this is the gist of it:

LOOKS LIKE SUSPECTING ---> SCUM PLAY OR TOWN PULLING GAMBITS
SUSPECTING --> NORMAL TOWN PLAY

and, YES IF YOU WERE PLAYING AS SCUM

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why would it trip up any newbie?

Let's say X is scumbuds with marshy. After X sees that hound wants to dayvig marshy, he could try an attempt to freak out over hound, and chainsaw

Town has no reason to do that, as they don't have partners who are on the gauntlet (Unless there's stuff like masons, but I wouldn't bet on that)
I don't see why newbie town might not freak out about sherlock playing fast and loose- they still have reason to be concerned about other players who may be town. In fact I think a response like 'WAIT WAIT DON'T SHOOT ANYONE' is absolutely null.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm done arguing with you about the whole "suspicion play"

I don't see why newbie town might not freak out about sherlock playing fast and loose- they still have reason to be concerned about other players who may be town. In fact I think a response like 'WAIT WAIT DON'T SHOOT ANYONE' is absolutely null.
Touché

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmmm. In fairness, there are a bunch of reasons why you might question someone without being supicious of them. You might be confused by some aspect their play, or just want more content from them- and still think they were town. Or, as I said before, you could be mafia.

But, I still find it strange that you didn't want to give a straight answer to a pretty simple question- whether or not you were suspicious of Ranmaru, and I can't see a good reason why you wouldn't.

Vote: Dark Horse

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
But, I still find it strange that you didn't want to give a straight answer to a pretty simple question- whether or not you were suspicious of Ranmaru, and I can't see a good reason why you wouldn't.
When I kept asking that, the question was pretty much rhetorical: the question pointed out a hole in his logic, which I found to be suspicious. If you were to answer yes (which I thought you would). I could point out how then the answer should be obvious, and, as such, point out that it was a bad question.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So rather than answering my question, bad though it may have been, you wanted me to answer a rhetorical question. Hmm. And then you were going to tell me it was a stupid question. So town.

And I didn't see many holes in Ran's logic, because there really wasn't a lot of logic in his post at all- he said that it was a feeling he had, twice. I'm not trying to defend Ran, but to say you're calling him out on bad logic seems like a stretch.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It's not like it seemed like a gut read. And even if it's just something little, there's still the fact that he thought it was more important than other votes.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote Dark Horse

[glow]What twisted logic he applies to the subject at hand!
Calling fire when there's not even the scent of smoke!
Where's the merit in pointing fingers and pretend,
That somebody some 'unwritten' rule supposedly broke?

Why would the evil one be loud about it when he can settle such matters behind closed doors?
Why are you raising false alarms so blatantly and already start to incite fallacious wars?!?[/glow]

:059:

Top Bottom