• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 8/6/11 Will You Leave Your Chao...Forever?

AfroQT

Smash Master

Your Wiis have NO TRIPPING ON THEM.

Which isn't legit.
What isn't legit about no tripping?

Honestly i don't see why more people don't have the no tripping hack. As competitive players, i don't see how anyone can justify tripping being positive at all. Matches can be decided by a completely random occurrence that no player can control, at best one player can try to use it to their advantage.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR

Honestly i don't see why more people don't have the no tripping hack. As competitive players, i don't see how anyone can justify tripping being positive at all. Matches can be decided by a completely random occurrence that no player can control, at best one player can try to use it to their advantage.
This is a true statement.

SWFL might show.
Naples and FGCU players.
i can bring a wii

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This is a true statement.

SWFL might show.
Naples and FGCU players.
i can bring a wii
if you bring a Wii, please turn No Tripping off.

I know it isn't competitive to keep tripping on, but it's at least consistent with the rest of the Wiis here.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
chaz. i will make u proud. nuff said. ":3

btw that dfear/xaltis after doubles pic reminds me more of me being mad at xaltis and draggin him then us being pist after a loss xD

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Cmon Afro even you know this. Tripping makes a different in matches.

Ex: When you go to punish me in friendlys and you trip and I hit you for it.

And the Ed vs Snipa match in the crew war.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey everyone and anyone. Seemingly i need to crash at Tommy G's place on saturday....
But as far as i know he doesn't know. And i dont have his number. So someone should give him my number. Dfear, Joey Xaltis and Sei know my number.

Guys gimme the hookup :D

Friendship!

Toneh

Smash Lord
The only way you could do no tripping is if every wii had the code.

There's a way to run codes without hacked wii's. I tried it out it works, I just can't get past the gecko screen bc I use a hard drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7fk96wCGw&fmt=18

I updated the code folder with just the important stuff. Add these to the SD card

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7ppfzqh40z0bjr
-Save replays past 3 min
-Save Tags in Replays
-3 Stock/8 Min/TA On
-Allow More Than 1000 Replays/Stages/Snapshots

This one has the same codes + no tripping
http://www.mediafire.com/?jbsgb9y60gofnbe

Xaltis

Smash Hero
The only way you could do no tripping is if every wii had the code.

There's a way to run codes without hacked wii's. I tried it out it works, I just can't get past the gecko screen bc I use a hard drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7fk96wCGw&fmt=18

I updated the code folder with just the important stuff. Add these to the SD card

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7ppfzqh40z0bjr
-Save replays past 3 min
-Save Tags in Replays
-3 Stock/8 Min/TA On
-Allow More Than 1000 Replays/Stages/Snapshots

This one has the same codes + no tripping
http://www.mediafire.com/?jbsgb9y60gofnbe
You see I could download that code. IF I didn't already have "THE PERFECT BRAWL CODE" that I made.

AfroQT

Smash Master

Cmon Afro even you know this. Tripping makes a different in matches.

Ex: When you go to punish me in friendlys and you trip and I hit you for it.

And the Ed vs Snipa match in the crew war.
You completely missed the point of my post.
Tripping in no way adds any type of positive competitive value to the game. What tripping does do is take away competitive value from brawl.

"But Afro, how does it take away competitive value from the game?"

By adding a completely random occurrence that neither player controls and is enough of a disadvantage/advantage to decide a game you are promoting luck. We enter tournaments to find out who is the most skilled player, and reward said player. When matches are being thrown (or even altered at all) by a random occurrence you encounter situations where the better player does not win.

If you have a hacked wii, you should put no tripping on it. Over 70% of the people who supply Wii's for tournament already have their Wii hacked. It would be so easy to put no tripping on them, and honestly it would be for the best.

Rofl but who cares we all know that isn't going to happen why did i even post this rofl.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You completely missed the point of my post.
Tripping in no way adds any type of positive competitive value to the game. What tripping does do is take away competitive value from brawl.

"But Afro, how does it take away competitive value from the game?"

By adding a completely random occurrence that neither player controls and is enough of a disadvantage/advantage to decide a game you are promoting luck. We enter tournaments to find out who is the most skilled player, and reward said player. When matches are being thrown (or even altered at all) by a random occurrence you encounter situations where the better player does not win.

If you have a hacked wii, you should put no tripping on it. Over 70% of the people who supply Wii's for tournament already have their Wii hacked. It would be so easy to put no tripping on them, and honestly it would be for the best.

Rofl but who cares we all know that isn't going to happen why did i even post this rofl.
OH OK. I mean if EVERYONE in FL was ok with it. Then it could happen. I know what you mean now.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I hate tripping too, but it is not completely random.
Yes it is? What type of post is this.
It is a completely random chance. You can attempt to reduce your chances of tripping by not dashing as much, but that doesn't take away from it being random.

Albert.

Smash Master
You can also succeed at not tripping at all, by not-dashing.

Obviously this is unfair to a lot of characters in a lot of situations, but the national consensus is to keep tripping on for various reasons. (probably #1 being that not enough percentage of peoples' Wii's are hacked)

Now most of our little tourneys down here are based on the national consensus, (rules-wise) if only to provide practice for those players that actually attend those tourneys.

Another thing- A good portion of the community plays on WiFi and people having various game-play-affecting hacks and trying to play vs each other with differing hacks DOES NOT end well.

AfroQT

Smash Master
You can also succeed at not tripping at all, by not-dashing.

Obviously this is unfair to a lot of characters in a lot of situations, but the national consensus is to keep tripping on for various reasons. (probably #1 being that not enough percentage of peoples' Wii's are hacked)

Now most of our little tourneys down here are based on the national consensus, (rules-wise) if only to provide practice for those players that actually attend those tourneys.

Another thing- A good portion of the community plays on WiFi and people having various game-play-affecting hacks and trying to play vs each other with differing hacks DOES NOT end well.
By greatly hindering your character, yes you can never trip. That doesn't make tripping any less random and in that case you have to hope that your opponent trips more often and in situations you can benefit from, otherwise you're simply limiting yourself greatly. Even if you do decide to never dash, you don't know if you're helping yourself out at all, because there is no way to predict if you would or would not trip into a terrible situation if you were dashing. At best all you can do is hope.

Don't know what florida tournaments you attend, but 70% sometimes more of the Wii's brought to tournaments are hacked. You can also put no tripping on any Wii with an SD Card as Radix said. It definitely wouldn't be that hard to apply to tournaments at all.

And if you play on Wifi just take out your SD card lol.

Toneh

Smash Lord
The SD card trick is also just temporary. The codes are gone as soon as you reset the wii. The only thing you have to do is delete your custom stages for it to work.

Someone bring an SD card with the files from the 1st link so every wii can save replays. We can use the 2nd link if everyone wants to do no tripping.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Afro, I get the point you are trying to make. However, why would we play with different standards than other, and more importantly BIGGER tournaments that don't have it? If no tripping was on at Pound or WHOBO3, fine! I would GLADLY agree to that, I won't trip during my CGs :3.

However, the consistency is the problem. If every tournament had it standard, I would be MORE in favor of it than I am of allowing tripping.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
So Esam since I haven't seen any requests for a side tournament I recommend Random Singles and Doubles
Sergio and Bonesaw are going so you know Serg will enter as well as myself. Do it!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If there is time, Chaz.
if there is time.

Also, I'm sick, and i'm STILL going to **** people up.

Top Bottom