• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthly tournaments 12/11/10 Dastrn's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Xaltis you really are overreacting man.
No one has said anything to offend you , you don't needa come down on people like that over textures.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I meant it as "I'm going to say it one more time and never again" kinda thing.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I already said you win, don't make me repeat myself.
DO NOT MAKE SHAKY REPEAT HIMSELF, FOR THE GREAT LORD DRUG DEALER NESS WILL BRING DOWN PAIN UPON YOU. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR PAIN NONE THE LIKES OF THE WORLD HAVE EVER SEEN. XALTIS YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR COLOR CODED CRIMES, FOR NESS LORD KEEPER OF THE HEAVENS WILL SEE TO IT THAT YOU ARE PROPERLY PUNISHED.

May he have mercy on your soul.

And my boi xaltis is about to do some werk on *****s over some textures better watch out the next time you see him you know they modeled all of falco's attacks after xaltis right? just sayin.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
DO NOT MAKE SHAKY REPEAT HIMSELF, FOR THE GREAT LORD DRUG DEALER NESS WILL BRING DOWN PAIN UPON YOU. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR PAIN NONE THE LIKES OF THE WORLD HAVE EVER SEEN. XALTIS YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR COLOR CODED CRIMES, FOR NESS LORD KEEPER OF THE HEAVENS WILL SEE TO IT THAT YOU ARE PROPERLY PUNISHED.

May he have mercy on your soul.

And my boi xaltis is about to do some werk on *****s over some textures better watch out the next time you see him you know they modeled all of falco's attacks after xaltis right? just sayin.
Of course! You don't think they just made up fox/falco's up B by themselves did you?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Listen Xaltis. I don't give a **** if you like your character textures/if they are color coded. If I'm focusing on one player and I hit him off the level and somebody is above me (me being Pikachu/thunder happy) and I can't tell that its snake because his color is different, that is your fault. To avoid those circumstances, I request that you will take the textures off or your wii WILL be the friendly wii (assuming we have enough).

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
lol my falco was sexy u crazy as ****, tho i was bad at brawl player by certain standards.

and yea i sucked wit marth lol i dnt kno how to play.

but i guarentee u ima much more solid player in brawl than the majority of yall lol.

but u still gay for lettin sailor moon talk for u.

maybe its time to put project smash into effect.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Listen Xaltis. I don't give a **** if you like your character textures/if they are color coded. If I'm focusing on one player and I hit him off the level and somebody is above me (me being Pikachu/thunder happy) and I can't tell that its snake because his color is different, that is your fault. To avoid those circumstances, I request that you will take the textures off or your wii WILL be the friendly wii (assuming we have enough).
haha your people skills are fukkin paffethic hahahahaha

Maybe what you should say is "for MY tournament will you please remove your sd card for tournament matches".

Sounds like your telling him he has to remove them RIGHT NOW OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY.

You kids suck at this **** i swear.

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
This is a good idea. I like your logic <3
I don't mind textures on the characters too much, but if it really is bothering people then I agree with Esam.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I don't give a ****, if you don't give a **** about what I like, you just don't like my stuff cause its better and I create stages/songs, you just don't like me for some reason or w/e I don't know why, if it was anyone else you would be fine with it!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol @ sailor moon texture wars

so, imma try my hardest to get to this ZP (i tried pretty hard with final justice the day before last time). Id also like to stay there until sunday to play mad friendlies with peoples, if no one from CFL is willing to stay overnight/through sunday, i'll probably just try to come alone by train or something (since driving alone is ~ train alone)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol @ sailor moon texture wars

so, imma try my hardest to get to this ZP (i tried pretty hard with final justice the day before last time). Id also like to stay there until sunday to play mad friendlies with peoples, if no one from CFL is willing to stay overnight/through sunday, i'll probably just try to come alone by train or something (since driving alone is ~ train alone)
u could even stay at xaltis/my place

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
]I don't give a ****, if you don't give a **** about what I like, you just don't like my stuff cause its better and I create stages/songs, you just don't like me for some reason or w/e I don't know why, if it was anyone else you would be fine with it!
1. Esam doesn't have a problem with you. I've personally had a problem with texture hacks since the beginning. They're fun to look at, but it gets annoying.

2. You're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. No one said textures sucked. They're interesting and innovative. In a tournament setting however; a setting where you need to put all of your focus into a match(reading the opponent, figuring out what mixups to use, etc.) they're all really distracting. It's all distracting no matter what texture it is, not because it's a bad texture, but because it's different from the normal stage colors. We should be focusing on our match and not how pretty/cool everything looks.

3. It's not that we don't care about what you like. It's more of it's an unnecessary inhibitor to our competitive minds. It's frustrating.

4. "Better" is a subjective word.

5. Just because you put a lot of work into something doesn't mean it's going to be liked by everyone.

6. If you think I'm doing this to side against you, I'm not. I don't like textures, but I have nothing against those who do.

Edit: I've got an idea of something you can do that'll make everyone happy. You'd need to buy video recording stuff or borrow Joey's.
Have people play on your wii with infinite replay and no textures.(Idc about songs) Then when they're done, have them save it. When you get home, put the textures in, record the replays with the textures, and upload them to youtube. I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
1. Esam doesn't have a problem with you. I've personally had a problem with texture hacks since the beginning. They're fun to look at, but it gets annoying.

2. You're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. No one said textures sucked. They're interesting and innovative. In a tournament setting however; a setting where you need to put all of your focus into a match(reading the opponent, figuring out what mixups to use, etc.) they're all really distracting. It's all distracting no matter what texture it is, not because it's a bad texture, but because it's different from the normal stage colors. We should be focusing on our match and not how pretty/cool everything looks.

3. It's not that we don't care about what you like. It's more of it's an unnecessary inhibitor to our competitive minds. It's frustrating.

4. "Better" is a subjective word.

5. Just because you put a lot of work into something doesn't mean it's going to be liked by everyone.

6. If you think I'm doing this to side against you, I'm not. I don't like textures, but I have nothing against those who do.
I know i'm sorry Esam, I just don't think when I get angry... and your right Tommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom