• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European Online SSB64 tourney, 24 January 2009 Singles done!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Hey btw, where are all those european smashers? I never find anyone on european servers D:

WIDL

We Are Born
OK, I'll get my controller in a few days now, but I've never tried SSB64 with controller on a computer, so, I bet I'll have to practice. A lot! =P

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Update: since there is a new alz.ath, I figured that server would be best to meet or play on, it shouldn't be too far for most smashers and lots of people play p2p anyway. I don't know if they have a maximum user limit or something, but for now the server to meet is alz.ath:

me said:
Online location: a European server, probably alz.ath (94.23.10.207:27888 , French server). If you have any problems joining that server to chat (you can play somewhere else if you want), contact me via this board, email, msn or whatever. Check this thread to see the most up to date info.
Edit: the time for the tournament is moved one hour ahead due to personal reasons (can't be there at 11:00). That means, you can sign up at 12 o' clock, and we will start as soon as possible then. Be there at 12 o'clock max though. These times are in GMT+1. Of course you can just go online before 12:00 to practice.

So in short: be in alz.ath at 12:00, preferably sooner to see if you have no problems joining alz.ath. If you do have problems, add me on msn (laurensbliek[at]hotmail.com) or post in this topic.

Branzillo

Smash Rookie
I think that my connection will sucks on that day.
If i will not lag i'll play and i'll be teamed with Seretur.
Can we play the team matches before the 1v1 plz?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I quoted that above and it's in the first post as well.

alz.ath: 94.23.10.207:27888

Oh and if alz.ath is unavailable saturday, or not everybody can join there, or if there are other problems, we'll just use EGX to meet: 69.90.34.14
Theres an important thing that should know about, alz.ath.cx is one of those european servers that uses old version of Kaillera server system.
This does mean they dont support LAN connection and they are not quite fast in Excellent connection.
If you check out the Master Servers List, there's a column that shouws the version of each server. Almost all European servers use old versions, besides some WEOL.pl servers.
I contacted some server hosters for the WEOL.pl server from France (lowest ping), that hs the newest version of Kaillera server system. The same that EGX uses, and supports LAN connection which allows fast 4 players matches. The problem is, SSB64 is not allowed to play there.
THe european players we shoul do a petition for this game being allowed there so we could play 2 vs 2 fast.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Theres an important thing that should know about, alz.ath.cx is one of those european servers that uses old version of Kaillera server system.
This does mean they dont support LAN connection and they are not quite fast in Excellent connection.
If you check out the Master Servers List, there's a column that shouws the version of each server. Almost all European servers use old versions, besides some WEOL.pl servers.
I contacted some server hosters for the WEOL.pl server from France (lowest ping), that hs the newest version of Kaillera server system. The same that EGX uses, and supports LAN connection which allows fast 4 players matches. The problem is, SSB64 is not allowed to play there.
THe european players we shoul do a petition for this game being allowed there so we could play 2 vs 2 fast.
What, the server host said you’re NOT ALLOWED to play smash? WTF …that’s stupid
It’d be funny if EGX did this with all games BUT Smash64…

NixxxoN

Smash Master
You enter the server and you can't load any game besides WEOL. That simply sucks. I know the WEOL servers are sponsored by people interested in this game and this community but, still pretty bad. WEOL is a virus expanded in all european servers

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Heh, that would be cool, or maybe just the n64 stuff.
God weapon for other fighters
EGX for everything non-Godweapon (like ssb64)

also, good luck hosting the tourney

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You enter the server and you can't load any game besides WEOL. That simply sucks. I know the WEOL servers are sponsored by people interested in this game and this community but, still pretty bad. WEOL is a virus expanded in all european servers
makes sense why theres a few people with those WEOL name, perma banned from EGX

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Yeah I know you can't load non-WEOL games at that server. If that's the only server with the newer system, then we can use alz.ath as well. Unless you could ask the host if we're allowed to play ssb64 one day on WEOL... could you ask if he can make an exception for 1 day and let us play there? He'd have to change one program line in a file if I'm correct.

Branzillo doubles and singles will be at the same time, just be there at 12:00 and I'll try to make both brackets as soon as possible. After that it's up to the players to choose what to do first.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yeah I know you can't load non-WEOL games at that server. If that's the only server with the newer system, then we can use alz.ath as well. Unless you could ask the host if we're allowed to play ssb64 one day on WEOL... could you ask if he can make an exception for 1 day and let us play there? He'd have to change one program line in a file if I'm correct.
I think the server owner site is www.c3l.pl. They are polish, but they have the server in France, that explains the low ping. Use http://translate.google.com to translate the site. I sent them an e-mail asking for playing SSB there.
Perhaps you should help me with the cause too.

Edit: I just noticed... you think we can do both singles and doubles within ONE day?????? WTF if so, I dont see this being successful but we will see...

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I think the server owner site is www.c3l.pl. They are polish, but they have the server in France, that explains the low ping. Use http://translate.google.com to translate the site. I sent them an e-mail asking for playing SSB there.
Perhaps you should help me with the cause too.

Edit: I just noticed... you think we can do both singles and doubles within ONE day?????? WTF if so, I dont see this being successful but we will see...
When I run melee tournaments I can do three events within one day. I just run singles and doubles at the same time. Don't know if online will make it go faster or slower, but I might need some help from people making sure people keep playing their matches and don't disappear or something... maybe you can help with that?

Site doesn't work for me...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
When I run melee tournaments I can do three events within one day. I just run singles and doubles at the same time. Don't know if online will make it go faster or slower, but I might need some help from people making sure people keep playing their matches and don't disappear or something... maybe you can help with that?

Site doesn't work for me...
Just a suggestion. Maybe we could do it within Saturday and Sunday? I say it because usually people who like party arent available saturday evening/saturday night. And if this lasts for several hours... well you know. People will go away.

Omg the c3L.PL site stopped working LOL. The main site is www.WEOL.PL

kashin

Smash Rookie
well, the tourney started 2 minutes ago.
If it's okay i would like to join the Singles battles aswell (I'm already signed in as Planned in teams)

Also, i don't know how to coordinate myself? Who are we supposed to fight and how are we supposed to contact them? Get on msn lawrence!

kashin

Smash Rookie
Oh really, i guess we're 1 day ahead then. My bad.
Sign me up for the single players aswell.

craiigg

Smash Lord
im still in this, we need confirmation on where to meet

for the record im just gonna play really gay and win k i'll use the lawrence card =D

WIDL

We Are Born
Just so you know, I'm still in, but I'm not sure if my settings is completely right. I can perfectly use my controller and such, but it's the netplay-thingie I'm not sure of. Can anyone link/write me a good/short guide? (w.e, you know what I mean)

And, 12 AM GMT+1, is that like 12 o'clock in the morning in Norway, or eleven.. or one? Me and the time zones. Always best friends.

But, guide anyone? I'm not sure if netplay works for me, or is it just the servers? If I remember correctly, I could not start any games, and I could not join any.

Halp?

BTW. Navntøsen won't be joining, he hasn't got any controller, so, that means I won't be joining teams.

Please, remember to answer all my questions. :p

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
So how's it going to start tomorrow?
How are we communicating, how is the turney organised?

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
The tourney will start in 12 and a half hours from now. For Norway that is mid day (12:00) as well I guess. With 12 AM I mean 12:00, not 24:00 or 0:00. Look outside lol, if you see only darkness then you are 12 hours too early or too late. And if you live in England/Portugal then be there at 11:00 in the morning. With there I mean alz.ath, the ip is in the first post.

Everything you need is in the first post of this thread, and if something changes check the latest posts in this thread (or just the first post, I'll try to update that as well).

Wiidl, add me on msn: laurensbliek[at]hotmail.com then I'll help you play online. As long as you can join alz.ath, there's no worries, then your opponent or anyone else can explain to you how to play.

I will be making a chat room on alz.ath. Join the chat room and tell me you're there and I'll tell you who your opponent is when everybody has signed up. If you are too late you can't play.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Almost forgot:
I don't know about you guys, but we (german ssb64 players) experienced heavy connection errors a few months ago. We're using a new .dll since then, but it's a little buggy: When entering a server, you can't see any open games/chatrooms. I just don't want to go to alz.ath.cz (?) and get unnoticed, because I can't enter the chatroom because I don't see it.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Almost forgot:
I don't know about you guys, but we (german ssb64 players) experienced heavy connection errors a few months ago. We're using a new .dll since then, but it's a little buggy: When entering a server, you can't see any open games/chatrooms. I just don't want to go to alz.ath.cz (?) and get unnoticed, because I can't enter the chatroom because I don't see it.
Add me on msn if you have problems, laurensbliek[at]hotmail.com

Oh you're there already, never mind.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Law if you see this i have to forfeit, I beat Kashin and everyone before that 2-0 but im giving Mad the win cause I cant play now i dont have time

Can you put on the results that i forfeit? =s

Top Bottom