• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo Lineup Reveal Jan. 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
The lineup for this years Evo will be revealed on January 8th. Heres hoping for Melee.
here are the results for the facebook poll for what games people wanted at Evo. Melee surprised everyone with gaining like 3000+ votes in 48 hours if that

EVO 2013 Poll Top Twelve

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee – 6,333 votes

2. King of Fighters XIII – 3,442 votes

3. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 3,401 votes

4. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ver. 2012 – 3,225 votes

5. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – 2,641 votes

6. Persona 4 Arena – 2,483 votes

7. Guilty Gear Accent Core +R – 2,243 votes

8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl – 1,964 votes

9. SoulCalibur V – 1,711 votes

10. Dead or Alive 5 – 1,509 votes

11. Divekick – 1,263 votes

12. Mortal Kombat – 1,190 votes

:phone:

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Just saying, League of Legends was on there as well. Mario Party 2 got more votes.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
There's a difference between the IRL FGC and the internet FGC, most of the hate is just front page and stream monsters. Melee 07 was great and it probably would've come back if Brawl didn't ruin everything in 08.

Hax

Smash Champion
as doubtful as it seems i can't imagine why they'd put any game on this poll if they weren't serious about adding it to the roster (esp when it wins by such a large margin)

here's hoping

Landry

Smash Ace
as doubtful as it seems i can't imagine why they'd put any game on this poll if they weren't serious about adding it to the roster (esp when it wins by such a large margin)

here's hoping
It was a FB poll that people could add suggestions too. I'm pretty sure Mario Party 2 garnered a fair amount of votes.

so idk

Twinkles

Smash Lord
hard to say if u don't know what to expect from the evo crew

if they aren't anti-smash people and can look past the fact that it's an old-*** game that can only be played on old-*** tv's, maybe there's a chance

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
i bet the EVO crew has at least considered the possibility of melee. we as a community would definitely make it worth their time, and a lot of FGC guys i know think melee's a legit fighter, so we have a slim shot.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
What if they put Melee back but pull a Brawl 08 and troll us all with items?

Atlus8

Smash Master
Real talk!

Do I think Melee has a chance at getting in the lineup?! Yes! Here's why!

No other 10+ year old fighting game can still bring over 300+ attendance to a tournament! I can only guarantee four games at this moment to being in the EVO lineup: AE2012, UMvC3, TTT2, and KOFXIII!

I haven't seen much of Mortal Kombat after EVO last year, let alone Soul Calibur V, so I it's a safe bet to say we won't see them at this years lineup! Also, as good as finals were for MK and SCV, it didn't really bring in the attendance I thought it would have! Both games didn't break 300!

Other games such as Skullgirls, DOA5, P4A and VF5 don't seem to have a strong committed community like Melee! The tournament attendance for those games greatly declined shortly after two months, which is a shame because they are good games!

The only other game I see, aside from Melee, that could make it into the lineup is GGAC+R! The GG community has already proven that they can get their **** together when they need to! I think it was back in 2008 when GG didn't make the line-up, so the community responded by having a huge side tournament that eventual got the game back in 2009!

I can't think of a reason why Melee couldn't make it into the lineup! Anyone who thinks the lack of CRT TVs would affect the decision of getting Melee in should be slapped in the face! FGC looks down at us?! Please! People say the darndest things on the internet! The stream monsters you see on a livestream are continuously hating on any game that is playing! When we had our smash setup at the last two EVOs, people sure as hell weren't harassing us or making BS comments! People passed by and even watched a couple of games!

The one thing that has me worried are the rule set for the game! I just hope the EVO organizers would open up to ours instead of making their own!

If not the official lineup, then Melee could get the generosity that was given to VF5 when top three played it out on the main stage! Hell, I would be happy with that as well!

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
It has a chance, but common sense seems to have been absent since the release of a certain unholy and vile game that will be not mentioned by name.

And just for fun, someone probably spiked the votes artificially as an excuse to exclude SSBM.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
well aside from mario party and silly ****. melee has a giant community and well known as a competitive game. anyone whose gone to apex knows this. the fact that its number one on the poll by almost double the votes 2nd place has wont be ignored.
it'll be there

hax play me at apex i want falcon dittos
:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hopefully Smash will be given a chance this year w/ Smash 4 on the horizon. I hope Melee & Brawl will be on the lineup.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind RoM5 and NEC XIII. Both times the FGC gave us a chance, we ****ed it up big time. Here's hoping anyways, but...

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Keep in mind RoM5 and NEC XIII. Both times the FGC gave us a chance, we ****ed it up big time. Here's hoping anyways, but...
RoM had people talking about the community. Same with NEC.

Both in negative lights.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
What if they put Melee back but pull a Brawl 08 and troll us all with items?

I have to say if Melee somehow made it in that would be likely to happen. The EVO crew often has a mindset of "if it's in the game then it's meant to be there". It's much easier for them as organizers to just say "items on, and all stages legal so go for it" than to try and monitor and follow rules as it's not a problem with any other EVO games aside from how many games in a set.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Following that scenario, marvel players would have auto super jump on..which they turn off.

I don't think a ruleset would be too much of a problem. Worry about that if they say Melee is in.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I think the only reason they had items on in Brawl was to test them, as it was a new game at the time. I'm pretty sure they had banned stages, though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Following that scenario, marvel players would have auto super jump on..which they turn off.

I don't think a ruleset would be too much of a problem. Worry about that if they say Melee is in.

Is that even a thing in UMVC3? Like, I could be totally wrong, but I never even knew that thing existed in the first place.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
KoF in 2nd is cool.

I'm not expecting a miracle but it'd be a treat if Melee made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom