• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EX Brawl Codeset BETA (Now Taking Community Suggestions)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

I'm still having trouble replacing the image of the character on the CSS. I didn't see what I had to rename the files.. sorry If I'm bothersome with the constant questioning.. I just want my Mods to look Legit.

SCOTU, could you maybe add an Infinate Music Choice option for all stages? I always wanted a different song for the Default Stages and the Character Select Screen.. and when is your Beta going to no longer be a beta? :p

Also, recently my game has been freezing randomly after Matches have ended. As soon as the game ends, it freezes. This doesn't happen often, but the other day it froze like 10 times. This concerns me because I am a Tournament Director and I use my Wii for infinate Replays.. the last thing I need is for the Game to Freeze Mid or End game.

lordhelmet

Smash Master

I'm still having trouble replacing the image of the character on the CSS. I didn't see what I had to rename the files.. sorry If I'm bothersome with the constant questioning.. I just want my Mods to look Legit.

SCOTU, could you maybe add an Infinate Music Choice option for all stages? I always wanted a different song for the Default Stages and the Character Select Screen.. and when is your Beta going to no longer be a beta? :p

Also, recently my game has been freezing randomly after Matches have ended. As soon as the game ends, it freezes. This doesn't happen often, but the other day it froze like 10 times. This concerns me because I am a Tournament Director and I use my Wii for infinate Replays.. the last thing I need is for the Game to Freeze Mid or End game.
As for the freezing, you have a faulty texture somewhere. It should happen after you use the faulty texture, this has happened to me many times before.

I would also love For SCOTU to update this (with the new SD loader) =P

Edit: When you are playing online or in tournaments, it is always a good idea to take out your SD card so the textures wont load, and that way not be able to freeze your Wii. Plus when you take out your SD, everything will work fine!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
just give me a week and a half so i can be done w/ final projects/ exams for the semester. I'll also probably release the new version w/ some textures too.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
...there's a crouch button?

I'm assuming this just makes the normal control editing screen just not have limits, right? i wish i had better access to an SD card reader to test this stuff easier.
If you do have a crappy card reader, download FTPii from wiibrew/homebrew browser and then install filezilla on your PC. You can now access your SD card without a card reader.:)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you do have a crappy card reader, download FTPii from wiibrew/homebrew browser and then install filezilla on your PC. You can now access your SD card without a card reader.:)
ah, well, i got a better card reader. My issue is that to physically access my card reader, I'd have to take out my sound card.

Ahhh Scotu, whens the Finalized Update coming out!!! lol :p
I'm just gonna rebuild it within the next few days and include a ton of ****. however, I've got some family stuff to take care of on sunday, and some site work for the smash lab, but it'll be done by next friday for sure.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Thanks, SCOTU.

I don't really have any requests except for filling in all the directories and the new file replacement.

We need to download a bunch of crap to get CSP's, stages, and items to work though, right?

I actually think that putting in texture hacks would be more of a hassle, because I would probably delete them to keep my library. =P

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Scotu, might I recommend adding in:

* 284DE4B0 0000XXXX
* 4A000000 90180F06
* 14000076 FF00YYYY
* E0000000 80008000

Music codes based on what button you press. Replace XXXX with the Button code, YYYY with the music code.

Also, this CSS:

Yeroc's Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] [17 lines]
* 0668310C 00000030
* 387E006C 3B600000
* 3C808068 38840DE0
* 7CBB20AE 7CA50775
* 41800014 94A30004
* 3B7B0001 2C1B0032
* 4180FFE8 48000038
* 04690338 48000068
* 066900d8 00000008
* 2c170028 41820168
* 02680DE0 0022FFFF
* 06680DE0 00000029
* 00090D0C 0515011A
* 0A071325 1002240E
* 0F140616 1F172903
* 040B1908 23201B5D
* 5E5C1121 18221226
* 27000000 00000000

Custom Random V1 [spunit262] (10 Lines)
* 06685824 0000000C
* 3C608068 7C630214
* 88630E80 00000000
* 046857F0 3AE00028
* 06680E80 00000028
* 00090D0C 0515011A
* 0A071325 1002240E
* 0F140616 1F170304
* 0B190823 201B5D5E
* 5C112118 22122627

Is much better then the one you have on there now. Especially because Snake/Pit/ICs don't randomly freeze up.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
That CCS is good but I think the spacies should be on the far right for the sake of symmetry. Just move regular samus where Falco is and switch ZSS and Falcon.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm just gonna rebuild it within the next few days and include a ton of ****. however, I've got some family stuff to take care of on sunday, and some site work for the smash lab, but it'll be done by next friday for sure.
Awesome man, sounds good. Can't wait :)

...oh wait, that's today? XD

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for the next version! This should really get a sticky.

if you like this project you should really rate the thread MAX Stars so more people see it!

you can rate a thread by clicking on "rate" at the top of the page.

Show your support!

money113

Smash Cadet
hey

If I apply this code, will it delete all the textures that I already have on? And how do you get a music hack? Thanks all!

Also: How can I help with this project? I support ti!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
sorry i've been kinda slacking with this lately; i've got some other **** to deal with (course planning, job hunting, software projects, and backing up all the data on my computer).

@money: it won't overwrite any previous textures. Music hack is done through a file replacement in the ISO.

Thanks for the support guys!

I guess i'll open it up for some community feedback now.

let's devise a codeset to use. Remember, the goal is to have codes that DON'T AFFECT GAMEPLAY, but improve the quality of brawl. Simply suggest codes that do these things here, and we'll come to an agreement on what should make it into this!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
What about using the New Pork City = Wifi Waiting Room code? I don't know of a single person (casual or competitive) that enjoys NPC and though the Wifi Room won't be tourney legal, it's at least a usable stage.

I can't really think of anything else, but that was my thought.

MK26

Smash Master
sorry i've been kinda slacking with this lately; i've got some other **** to deal with (course planning, job hunting, software projects, and backing up all the data on my computer).

@money: it won't overwrite any previous textures. Music hack is done through a file replacement in the ISO.

let's devise a codeset to use. Remember, the goal is to have codes that DON'T AFFECT GAMEPLAY, but improve the quality of brawl. Simply suggest codes that do these things here, and we'll come to an agreement on what should make it into this!
-Infinite Replay Length
-Save Tags in Replays v3
-Default Settings
-Custom Textures (newer code available)
-Unrestricted Pause Camera
-Unrestricted Replay Camera
-Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing
-Unrestricted Colour Choice
-Custom Character Select Screen (mine cuz its better)
-Wifi Waiting Room Replaces NPC (lol) DAMMIT ninja'd

There really isnt much else, unless you want to add in no tripping

EDIT:
-Unlimited Number of Snapshots/Replays (might be 2 separate codes)
-Unlock All Characters/Stages/Trophies/Stickers etc. (again, might be separate codes)

cman

Smash Ace
Isn't this not tournament legal now because the SBR requires a non-hacked wii? Although i suppose you could just ignore that.

ratts

Smash Apprentice

it's ok scotu, life happens.

I might add

vibrant shields
default setting for CPUs to be lvl 9
kupo's faster camera
maybe hazardless bridge of eldin

aren't there also other characters that could be put on the character selections screen? for example

popo
nana
giga bowser
warioman
the fighting alloy team

also there are independant version of the pokemon, is there also independent version of zelda, shiek, samus, zss, or was that just the pokemon.

it'd just be nice to fill the character selection screen with all the characters the game can physically do, and iron out the bugs. also for characters like the alloys we could give them their own portrait because they don't have one yet.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
it's ok scotu, life happens.

I might add

vibrant shields
default setting for CPUs to be lvl 9
kupo's faster camera
maybe hazardless bridge of eldin

aren't there also other characters that could be put on the character selections screen? for example

popo
nana
giga bowser
warioman
the fighting alloy team

also there are independant version of the pokemon, is there also independent version of zelda, shiek, samus, zss, or was that just the pokemon.

it'd just be nice to fill the character selection screen with all the characters the game can physically do, and iron out the bugs. also for characters like the alloys we could give them their own portrait because they don't have one yet.
That would probably require alot of time and effort.. not to mention that is changing the game. Scotu's mod is mainly for Tournament play, and to add characters that aren't technically Tournament legal, would be wrong, wouldn't it?

I don't know, its a good Idea but, probably not for this project.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
- Newest File Replacement
- MK26's CSS
- Default CPU Setting - Lvl 9
- Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing
- Unrestricted Color Choice
- Kupo's Faster Camera

Saltix

Smash Lord
-Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing
-Unrestricted Colour Choice
-Kupo's faster camera (when did this get made?)
-Vibrant Shields (What does this do?)

In addition to everything in the Beta Codeset

ratts

Smash Apprentice
That would probably require alot of time and effort.. not to mention that is changing the game. Scotu's mod is mainly for Tournament play, and to add characters that aren't technically Tournament legal, would be wrong, wouldn't it?

I don't know, its a good Idea but, probably not for this project.
yeah, that's ok, I totally get that stuff I think might be cool might not work for this hack, just picking my brain.

I'm sure Scotu won't take any suggestions that he doesn't feel are appropriate.

I hope I didn't offend you I think we are all just trying to brainstorm what might be good ideas, some of them might be not as good ( I'm trying!) and that's ok, that's how brainstorms work.

-Kupo's faster camera (when did this get made?)
-Vibrant Shields (What does this do?)
Kupo's faster camera came around I believe a month or two ago, he's been working on it for awhile.

Vibrant shields just make the sheilds a deeper stronger color, they really pop out and look pretty.

again Scotu I'm not going to push any of my ideas so if you don't like em that's fine :) just brainstorming all the things we could try to do.

EDIT ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT

I just have a GREAT idea watching THIS video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1g0pqaprdE&e

where it gets to the title screen, you see how he makes it say "super smash clash"

you could make it say "super smash EX" that'd be SWEET!

MK26

Smash Master

ratts

Smash Apprentice
oh, cool, there are so many variations of the CSS that it's hard to choose. As long as it was all the characters that we can have in the game I'm cool with it. I like arranging the characters by game universe also :)

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Hey this EX brawl is pretty cool lol..for some reason i got this to work on my wii but i cant get B+ to work on my wii weird huh?

shanus

Smash Hero
Sometimes it won't let me choose IC's/Snake/whoever is between the two (can't remember ATM)

:/ anyone know why?
Its a bad CSS layout then. The person who made the code must have used blank tiles which is a no-no which causes those bugs.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Then you don't want to use the CSS layout in this codeset.

I was trying it out to see if I could get used to it, since I like how my 3 favorite chars are all in 1 spot. (Pika, Snake, IC's)

Guess it's off to another CSS layout.

Top Bottom