• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters
When I get good enough, I want to make a Samus on Falcon combo video entitled, "Domestic Violence."

I was going to use this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0adb6piQj5Y
haha.

you mean like this? ;)

(no offense or anything, and hope i didn't ruin your song or anything. i just wanted to create something small-scale, and you gave me the opportunity to do it. i was also hoping it could be inspiration that you don't have to wait until you're 'good' to make something fun, as long as you're satisfied with the clips you have. even small mindgames and highlights count, it doesn't matter if you're 'ranked status' or not. nameen? i think you could totally still use this song, too. :hopeful: )

Violence

Smash Lord
Hahaha, what the hell, I can't stop laughing at myself....

Thanks, PC Philip. I also had it in mind to use smaller mindgames instead of gigantic spaceballs Darrell combos.

I still think I'll use this song when I get better and have better clips.

I'm cool with leaving it unlisted, definitely showing it to my friends though.

I think I pissed my pants multiple times
there's piss like everywhere
oh man haha

Hahaha, what the hell, I can't stop laughing at myself....

Thanks, PC Philip. I also had it in mind to use smaller mindgames instead of gigantic spaceballs Darrell combos.

I still think I'll use this song when I get better and have better clips.

I'm cool with leaving it unlisted, definitely showing it to my friends though.
will do brah.

yeah hopefully the song's still good for you and stuff, i should have thought that one a bit more through i suppose. on the other hand, i'd watch and appreciate your video no matter what songs you used.

but yeah thanks/you're welcome, this was really fun to make.
i had some good times, and learned some cool techniques i hadn't done before.

Corigames

Smash Hero
So, the extender is out for the same number of frames as the regular one, can be used to home in on enemies making spotdodge next to worthless against it, reaches roughly 3x as far as the regular one... so what's your excuse for not using it?

McNinja

Smash Ace
I don't use it for 2 main reasons. 1. Sometimes I THINK I did the buttons right for the extender, but when I try to use it, its the normal grappel instead. Then I get Fsmashed. 2. If I do get the buttons right, it makes me want to use the grapple more. Therefore it makes me more predictable. Those are the only real reasons I can come up with.

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you're worried about getting hit while doing the extender inputs, you can do the extender inputs after you die and are on the respawn platform. You'll have invincibility from the respawn which will cover you while you do the extender input.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Likewise, activating it like an accidental Zelda trying to switch back to Sheik (Land a solid punch and immediately try to activate) is a good idea. Not to mention activating it any time you would be filling your charge shot. Think about it, you do it once per life and have it the whole life every time you need it. The charge shot requires 2.5 seconds every time you want to shoot the big one. Get the extender first, then work on charging.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I don't use it for 2 main reasons. 1. Sometimes I THINK I did the buttons right for the extender, but when I try to use it, its the normal grappel instead. Then I get Fsmashed.
I don't use the extender, but I practiced trying to get it out consistently for an hour straight, just so I knew I could do it if I wanted to.*

So, the extender is out for the same number of frames as the regular one, can be used to home in on enemies making spotdodge next to worthless against it, reaches roughly 3x as far as the regular one... so what's your excuse for not using it?
The only safe time you can get extender is during the beginning of a stock and after you use it once, your opponent's always going to know that if you do that in the beginning, that s/he should watch out for it. It just seems like a trick than it does something really useful. I don't really know when you'd grab someone when they're 3x the reach of a regular grab away. I try to do "instinct" grabs too, but I feel like it's just bad samus play to try to grab without the help of shield pressure or jab resets(I guess dairs/utilts too). And yeah, it also makes you want to grab more, which is terrible because samus' grab is barely on par with mediocre.

edit: I'll use it during samus dittos though. surprisingly useful.

Corigames

Smash Hero
"It just seems like a trick than it does something really useful."
It seems like a trick because no one does anything useful with it. It is better in every way to the regular with the exception that you have to activate it once per life. As long as you don't unnecessarily stick your neck out to use/start it, how is it not a practical move?
"I don't really know when you'd grab someone when they're 3x the reach of a regular grab away."
>Stand far enough away that they can't reach you
>If they DJ, send it out
>If they FF, start homing and grab them when they land
>If they try to delay/it goes behind them, wait for it to go by, grab them on the way back.
"it also makes you want to grab more"
That's your problem, not the extender's. That's like saying having a charge shot is bad because you want to use it once you have it. : P

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Didn't know Weak Charge Shots could be so useful in disrupting Marth's advance. Wes taught me something knew!

I only used it occasionally for edgeguarding and pseudo-jab resets but I might do it more often now.
I noticed Darrell using it a lot at Apex and noted that it was different from what I've seen most Samuses do, but it was pretty effective. That stun time is real useful.

standing missile is underused in the marth matchup imo
I'm actually starting to use this more in some of my MUs (including Marth) after seeing HugS apply it (against me) at Apex. WD back>missile. Sure it has lag, but it keeps you grounded and Marth off of you. It seems like it may be a more viable option on FD, since there are no platforms to help you reduce your time in the air for MCs.

Violence

Smash Lord
I have this theory that KirbyKaze is keeping TastyGoldfish locked up in his tower away from us.

Seriously, I have no idea why she doesn't visit the boards, definitely an amazing and impressive Samus.

So many tricks and new ideas...

Does anyone know if her matches were recorded at all?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I have reasons to not keep a woman locked up, though. They take up a lot of space. And between the 16 guys, I'm already low on that.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I have this theory that KirbyKaze is keeping TastyGoldfish locked up in his tower away from us.

Seriously, I have no idea why she doesn't visit the boards, definitely an amazing and impressive Samus.

So many tricks and new ideas...

Does anyone know if her matches were recorded at all?
I think I may have seen her at Apex... Is she of East Asian ethnicity?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I saw her, but I didn't get to see her play. I think she was hanging out w/ ShizWiz or something. My friend saw her play and said she was pretty amazing, so I'm a little upset that I didn't get to see it first-hand. Maybe next time... TastyGoldfish, huh? I'll remember that name.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I saw her, but I didn't get to see her play. I think she was hanging out w/ ShizWiz or something. My friend saw her play and said she was pretty amazing, so I'm a little upset that I didn't get to see it first-hand. Maybe next time... TastyGoldfish, huh? I'll remember that name.
Yea she was a very solid looking samus. Shiz also seemed impressed by her samus.

Also my first post on a phone

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Wow, you already forgot? The time when I had to go against HugS in pools and he asked me whether my main was Samus or Sheik.
No man u r the one with the story wrong. What happened was after u played and lost to hugs he asked which did u main. He asked that b/c u used both against him. U then told him the lie u r a duel main when we both know that infact u r a samus main with a sheik 2nd. So its not like he looked at u and asked which do u main he played u first then asked the question

Top Bottom