• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
plup also only has 1 tourney of data... considering players start ~1200, the fact that he went up over 150 points from a few sets says a lot.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Guys, my Samus is ****ty. I'm doppin off the Samus boards for a while.
I'll be back sometime when I feel like I deserve it. Peace.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Guys, my Samus is ****ty. I'm doppin off the Samus boards for a while.
I'll be back sometime when I feel like I deserve it. Peace.
Okay, your Samus is way better than my Samus, and I'm still posting on these boards. Come on, I love your posts. Samus hiakus? Priceless. Made my day.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Usually the only time I stop lurking to comment on the Samus boards is to give advice. When you go to your first regional in 5 years and place dead last... it kinda makes you wonder what kind of advice you're giving. I figure it's probably best that I stay away from talking until I start getting better placements to back it up.

It's not about shame, it's about integrity. Well, maybe it's a little about shame...

McNinja

Smash Ace
Usually the only time I stop lurking to comment on the Samus boards is to give advice. When you go to your first regional in 5 years and place dead last... it kinda makes you wonder what kind of advice you're giving. I figure it's probably best that I stay away from talking until I start getting better placements to back it up.

It's not about shame, it's about integrity. Well, maybe it's a little about shame...
Don't worry, if it makes you feel better I just came in dead last at a tournament as well. No shame in losing. As some wise man once said, "you learn nothing in victory, but you learn 1000 things in defeat".

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Hey guys, is there a way of punishing a well-placed Gentleman from Falcon OOS, what about the multi-punch version OOS?

Oh and Cyr loves his Bair.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to change my name but not pay for premium. So they banned me and I created a new account but never used it, so I asked if they would let me have this one back and ban the one that I wasn't using instead.

To answer your question about, why so long? College has been eating my time, or I would have attempted to get un-banned sooner.

Violence

Smash Lord
What in holy merciful **** is this pool:

Corey, I would've lost to Forward, J666(though I think I know the Link matchup pretty well, I don't think I can beat him just yet), Okami, Johnny, and Tai. I have no idea who Smurfy is.

Seriously, don't get down on yourself. This pool is nuts.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Everyone keeps telling me that, but it's hard to not be dissapointed by utter defeat like that. 0-2 with everyone except some random guy that didn't even know the rules and only played DK. SmurfyEXE is a NM Link player. This pool was 2Links, 2 Sheiks, S2J's Falcon, Tai's Marth, and that guy. Got destroyed.

Violence

Smash Lord
Seriously, you're getting too hard on yourself. Played vs a bunch of better players, and even got matches recorded. Now it's improvement time.

I'm honestly really happy that Bladewise JV 4 stocked me last time we played, it exposed a lot of the naivete in my understanding of the matchup and spacing in general vs Peach.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Who is Cyr?
Cyr is a really good French Samus. Or at least, he's one of the best players in France, and he happens to play Samus. It's really hard to tell how good he is, tho, since he almost only ever plays French players.

For context, though, he's beaten Baxon the last two times they've played, and he's beaten Remen and Zgetto, though not recently.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I do kinda wish my match with Smurfy was recorded. When I played him, I was so pissed at losing to Okami as bad as I did that I didn't even want to play. So, I took his Link to FD and just stood in one spot. I jabbed his boomerang, grabbed his bombs, and dodged his arrows while just standing there. I lost, but I thought it was pretty funny after I was done brooding.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info Ph00t.

@Cori: rofl, at least he wasn't playing YL. Good YL players are faster and better projectile spammers than Link imo.

Violence

Smash Lord

So... what if we started using this as close range shield pressure when behind them? Multiple hits, gigantic hitbox covers their jump options, and it hits at the corner of their shield to stab. If you hit with the end of this, it pops them up to be combo'd.

Good idea? Bad idea?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
It's probably still a bad idea to use usmash because of it's extreme disadvantage against shields. I'm sure that people would be able to consistently attack/WD OOS to get away from usmash and leave Samus vulnerable. Also, if you don't poke with the last hit, the last hit has a -24 frame advantage.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
How is the priority of u-smash? Is it high at all? Because with that huge collision circle at the tip of her hand it could be advantageous to use against peoples SH aerials if timed right. If it's not that high of priority, then.....my gosh that move is terrible.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Check out the cooldown frames on usmash.

That's why it's not a good move to use really ever.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
The only time usmash is ever really good is when you use it by accident on a Spacie and it gets them with that last hit, so it pops them up for a combo. Then you can be like, "I totally planned that kill!" :awesome:

ThePrime is on that list twice lol
It's also not really that accurate imo
plup is 18th on that list lmao
Really? I'm not really seeing any of this on that list. I only saw ThePrime once, and Plup was 8th.

Hey guys, is there a way of punishing a well-placed Gentleman from Falcon OOS, what about the multi-punch version OOS?
WD oos>jab? UpB oos? I don't know, it seems like the gentleman is pretty safe for Falcon when done right. As for the multi-punch version, I think utilt, fsmash, dtilt and some other things should be able to beat that out, but I'm just guessing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I say shieldgrab after the knee/uair/whatever and CC the first jab into a dsmash. Plus it'd be hilarious if falcon was going to dashdance instead of jabbing.

Violence

Smash Lord
Dsmash after the second jab, imo. You have to understand how the gentleman works.

It's easiest to do the gentleman by making the first two jabs very close together, have a small gap, press and hold A again, and then buffer a move out of that knee.

It's easiest to CC and dsmash after the second jab during this small gap. Anyway, keep mashing so that if they do the knee to quickly, they may just enter the rapid jab combo and eat a dsmash anyway.

In Shield, Shield SDI toward Falcon, and then you can either Up BooSh(I love saying up boosh), or you can wavedash behind them and turn around utilt, ftilt, or run away.

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
so i was just wondering. does anyone know the minimum amount of damage that fox/falco/falcon need to be at to stay airborne long enough after being hit by a Dtilt so that you can hit them with a second one before they can tech to avoid it?

guess who wants to be a lucas/ness/toon link main now

also guess who played project m for the first time yesterday

seriously, everyone, project m is so much fun. you should really check it out if you get a chance. it's comparable to the excitement of discovering n64 smash all over again (or melee) yet paired with the thrill of melee complexity and speed. ahhhhh.

McNinja

Smash Ace
What do you think Samus should get in P:M to make her balanced? I was thinking something with her grab. Maybe start out with extender and let it grab people in the air?

Geist

Smash Master
Missiles with nice shield pressure properties and a faster grapple
also her zair should either cancel on land or be lcancelable or something.

and shinesparking, and space jump x2 w/screw attack, and easier SWD by three frames, and ice beam (w/mid-air freeze so you can grapple recovery off them as well), and wave beam (charge shot travels through projectiles and walls) and plasma beam (charge shot travels through multiple opponents), and her taunt calls in an air strike with her ship.

i'd say that balances her to out what she should be a bit.

Top Bottom