• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

McNinja

Smash Ace
Why not just add in her power bomb from "the other m"? Have it kill all opponents on screen in one hit. That's balanced, right?

:phone:

sequence break - turns out she didn't need power bombs after all. she also skipped varia suit, which is why fire attacks still deal percent damage.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Just make her like she is in Melee except with better usage of the Charge Shot and missiles. Like, let her run around while she charges the shot (Or at least in the air like Mewtwo, Shiek, and DK can). Shorten the animation time of missiles to increase spam-ability. Make it so that DownB works like ForwardB's homing missiles and super missiles for regular bombs and power bombs.
Something else cool would be the ability to point the grapple beam in a direction aside from straight forward, a new Upsmash, and some small buff (more priority, damage, speed, or etc)

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd be happy if they just improved her upsmash (give us something else entirely, preferably a kill move) and gave her a faster grab. And by faster I mean it should grab faster and have less end-lag.

I love the idea of bringing in a bunch of abilities from other Metroid games though. Samus has so many abilities to work with.

I was really disappointed Samus wasn't in the 2nd demo.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. :)

Samus wasn't ready for demo 2, unfortunately, but she had a small amount of stuff changed from melee: less endlag on missiles (you can SHDM now), Zair has 20fr of landing lag instead of Melee's 30(?), Zair actually has a good hitbox on it now, usmash isn't bad anymore as it actually linhks into the rest of the hitboxes, etc.
(SHDM might be a bit too good, but idk yet)

Just some tiny changes, but help make her better overall. +1 to aerial charging btw

I was really disappointed Samus wasn't in the 2nd demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk&t=158
(also 2:00, heh)

MonkUnit are you on the dev team or something? Either way, the people doing Project M are doing an amazing, incredible job. I was planning on posting something about it somewhere, but... it's just so, so good.

Also if anything this just means they're spending more time to perfect Samus to how they want her to be.

Violence

Smash Lord
I think a charge system would be really sweet.

You get to charge as you run around.

You can spend this charge on:

A normal charge shot.

A Power Bomb which deals a wide area of repeating, low pecentage damage, like a large ZSS shot.

A shinespark for recovery or fast movement that deals damage similar to a Fox illusion.

Haha, don't get me wrong. The main reason I'm disappointed is because I'm so looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with Samus. The project's looking fantastic and I am very happy about the 2nd demo.
haha, i figured you had positive intentions... but i thought of that video anyway.. :p

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There is only information on the characters in Demo 2 on the site. You could get you or someone else from LI to apply, but now that demo 2 is out, we're not looking for a lot of playtesters. We're more interested in people who can code stuff.

abcool

Smash Ace
I've been following P:M since it started and seen a few vids of Monk and cmart etc. Playing Samus and she looks pretty decent to me. They made sure her Up-B isn't affected like is i in anything pass 1.0 Version of Melee and made a few moves like Up-smash usable in combos and so on. I think the grapple as less lag at the end and she can still SWD. Although i think the project M team should widen the input frames 38-42 instead of 41-42. It was really hard to be consistent with in Melee and it should be easier IMO in Project M.

With regard to (SHDM) I think it might be OP if it hadn't been for the fact that Samus missiles are so easy to destroy this should make them a lot more useful than just for baiting. In the vids her bomb jumps look really slow compared to melee in terms of when you actually connect the 2 bombs and bounce that part still seems brawlish, but i know that is WIP. Other than that she looks really decent. I just hope you guys can work out a few kinks here and there and it should be GREAT! Already enjoying it as it is.

As for my main i am using Wario mostly. I feel he reminds me of Samus in how his metagame revolves around shoulder bash similar to how everything with Samus should lead into charge shot. If you guys haven't tried P:M you should it's REALLY fresh. You may have problems adjusting to the 1 frame difference in terms of wavedashing, but it's only really noticable with Melee top tiers and even then you get used to it.

If any of you guys decide to get into P:M we should play online, if it's not to laggy just for laughs.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, her bomb jumping are currently more like Brawl's bomb jumping, but we'll get to that when we cross that bridge along with everything else.
For now, people can enjoy the cast of demo 2. :D

I never though of Wario that way, lol. Also, wifi is bad regardless of connection.

abcool

Smash Ace
I never really played on wifi. Because i like the c-stick buffer and the L-trigger differences between hard press and light presses. If it's bad then nvm.

I feel besides Peach he is the closest thing to my playstyle with Samus. The Shoulder bash requires some odd setups because the longer it is out the stronger it is. Samus has to have so many right reads to land hits because she gets punished hard for mistakes and so does Wario my god Wolf shield pressure is soo stupid!! After you get hit in the air call that stock over lol Anyway, his kill moves are shoulder bash, ftilt and i guess fthrow, as for aerials bair and dair(Never use dair other than shield pressure) Dair is about tricks though rather than guaranteed pressure. Fsmash is terrible if it misses or if shielded.

Dsmash is good to set up for tech chases, overall he suffers the same weaknesses as Samus without a great recovery to compensate, BUT he has better finishers so my kinda character for now until Samus is done in the kitchen. XD

The biggest similarity between the 2 imo, is they can't deal with shield happy opponents. An most of the game is either having good reads or just being super tricky, which is the way i play smash. Other than that they are different in aerials mobility and range.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Working on it :)
Took Angel to 1 stock both games. He barely beat me, but, damn, his Yoshi is cool. He totally deserved it.

I'd just like to take this moment to direct everyone's attention to the SuPeRbRaNdNeW Barwl tier list version 7, the first one since a year ago...

And direct you to my favorite character's position: Oh, directly below meta knight? Yeah, who put all their money on Olimar when the game came out, what.

So I'll celebrate by linking to my minute-and-a-half combo video that came out just a few months after the game did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtD85z-1GZ0

Just sayin', I know how to pick 'em.
LUCAS FOR P:M.

JUST SAYIN

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
The music video for the song in your combo vid confuses me. The dude that's "singing" doesn't really look like he matches the person who's singing. Unless it's supposed to be like that, in which case, hilarious.

Violence

Smash Lord
Corey: What little I know about the Yoshi matchup:

You can't cc his fair. His rolls are actually pretty decent against you, but you can grab him at the end of it, which is usually your best option if he's in shield.

Best aerials to use agaisnt him is uair, and then fair until high percents, because multi hits interrupt his super armored double jump. If he's above you, uair is just such an amazing move because if it connects and interrupts his double jump, he's probably dead. Bait air dodges, because that's pretty much his only recovery technique. Grapple recover low if possible and wall jump, because he can ledge stall with down b's and this will get around it.

Anyways, that's what I've picked up in my small Yoshi experience from playing HMW's Yoshi, which is pretty legit. Dunno much else.

Adict

Smash Cadet
ive known angel for about 14 years now lol. he has quite literally never once mained anyone except yoshi the entire 11 or so years hes played lol.

i samus as a secondary and use mine on em all the time. i quite enjoy the mu lol

Violence

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm so terrible... I just realized last night that the reason I suck at wd->utilt is because I'm doing it completely wrong. You don't have to press the control stick up lightly at all...

When you're in your wavedash slidy animation, there's a part where you're crouched on the ground, sliding. At this point, even if you slam the control stick upward, you won't jump. Thus, you can just wd forward, quickly roll your stick upwards to utilt or uangle'd ftilt, and hit a to do an easy wd utilt.

WD turnaround utilts are so much easier now... why has this taken me so long to figure out...

Violence

Smash Lord
Also, Plup, can you give us a bit of a rundown on how you use missiles for zoning, along with a bit of a guide on how to most effectively spam them on each stage, and how you practiced them? I'm still having trouble with my soft and hard missiles, and I screw up a short hop every now and then.

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
just go to pokemon stadium and practice 'phannas ultimate missile drill.' i try to do that for at least 1/2 hour every morning (although i had to spend a few months breaking in a new controller to do it efficiently). it really teaches you such great control on your missile spamming capabilities.

Violence

Smash Lord
Yes, but that's not that easy to do on DL64 or Battlefield, the platforms are too high...

And yet Plup can still do it.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
The easiest way i found to missile cancel on DL64 or Battlefield: I press up on the control stick for the first jump, and then y (or x) for the second jump. That's the easiest way for me to get the quick double jump. Then Missile, drop down missile, and repeat. I read this method somewhere and i've always done it that way since (it seems to work well for me).

As for getting homing missiles vs. smash missiles, it's kind of a finesse thing. Although, i think the quick double jump makes getting the missile you want a lot easier.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm so terrible... I just realized last night that the reason I suck at wd->utilt is because I'm doing it completely wrong. You don't have to press the control stick up lightly at all...

When you're in your wavedash slidy animation, there's a part where you're crouched on the ground, sliding. At this point, even if you slam the control stick upward, you won't jump. Thus, you can just wd forward, quickly roll your stick upwards to utilt or uangle'd ftilt, and hit a to do an easy wd utilt.

WD turnaround utilts are so much easier now... why has this taken me so long to figure out...
Don't forget that you can supposedly do the same thing for jab canceling ;P

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
so i'm really getting the timing of SH > homing missile onto the lower platforms of battlefield. does anyone know if its possible to SH > smash missile onto them as well?

Top Bottom