• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
eh...?
It's just another option aside from nair, bair, dair, ball, uair, fair, missile, hell you could zap em if you want.

I guess if you really want them to go one way vs another you're better off not laying the bomb cause they could DI and end up over the stage rather than off it, but if you're just trying to rack up % without tech chasing/using your ball then it's a good option

I use it if I'm not trying to ball a fast faller, and they totally **** up their DI (rare)
I definitely have a hard time incorporating Samus's bombs into my gameplay. Any tips? It seems It has to be out of a throw or Uptilt because It definitley doesn't work as an approach.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Bomb nair is fun as the occasional mixup. Normally they'll be expecting the nair and DIing up, so both moves will hit. Then if you see them expecting bomb nair and DIing down or away, you can just nair and they'll be ****ed.

Pi

Smash Hero
I definitely have a hard time incorporating Samus's bombs into my gameplay. Any tips? It seems It has to be out of a throw or Uptilt because It definitley doesn't work as an approach.
well the bomb nair only works if you catch them really low
approaching on the same level you're not going to be able to get it
unless they DI up? I'm not sure, but probably not
Like under a platform or something, out of a dair/utilt/upthrow sets up nicely so yea that's primarily where you are gonna get the bomb nair
for now I've only really been bombing near the edge, either to edge guard or to try and get around them. I've had bombs lead into smashes/utilts on the stage though so there's definitely room to work with them but you are vulnerable for so long, yea it's intimidating trying to hit a ball as small as samus is when she bombs, but once people get some confidence on you it's not a problem.
At winterfest me and a friend did a teams match w/ mango and another one of my friends and he knee'd me out of my morph ball form ;|, off stage too.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
well the bomb nair only works if you catch them really low
approaching on the same level you're not going to be able to get it
unless they DI up? I'm not sure, but probably not
Like under a platform or something, out of a dair/utilt/upthrow sets up nicely so yea that's primarily where you are gonna get the bomb nair
for now I've only really been bombing near the edge, either to edge guard or to try and get around them. I've had bombs lead into smashes/utilts on the stage though so there's definitely room to work with them but you are vulnerable for so long, yea it's intimidating trying to hit a ball as small as samus is when she bombs, but once people get some confidence on you it's not a problem.
At winterfest me and a friend did a teams match w/ mango and another one of my friends and he knee'd me out of my morph ball form ;|, off stage too.
Thanks. But would Bomb>Dair acutally work? I don't really know the startup frames of the dair vs. the bomb's hitstun...

Rat

Smash Lord
Short answer:
No

Long Answer:
If you are Wes you can get it work. Otherwise you fail.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Anyone have good tips for playing against Falcon? I get Uair/Nair n64 style combo ***** until I'm at death %'s...

I hear that down and away DI is best, but I could really use any and all tips about this matchup in general.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Anyone have good tips for playing against Falcon? I get Uair/Nair n64 style combo ***** until I'm at death %'s...

I hear that down and away DI is best, but I could really use any and all tips about this matchup in general.
All you need to do is get him off the stage and he's screwed =P
He's really not that hard. I have an easier time with falcon than just about every other matchup.

Pi

Smash Hero
Your short hop puts you in a great position to nair him out of his short hop
if he's approaching w/ nairs a lot, and beating you
crouch cancel a few and dsmash him and get him off stage
then he'll feel like **** as you cover all his options
if he knows how to combo you it's gonna be a fight
remember to tech smartly and save your jump!!
it's very easy to lose it in this matchup, and it makes getting out of combo's very hard
his downthrow, if you di right (down away) you can either trade or interupt his would be aerial.
try not to get caught into to many side B's
he can't really follow them up
but it is rather annoying
just shield them and wd out to stuff
can't grab em (****in lame right?)
try to recover low so he can't go gimp you with an up air
work your missiles, he is fast, but he doesn't have very reliable way to eat through missiles (nothing like marth at least), so you'll probably be able to get him to shield.
When you're working his shield, don't dtilt (even if he doesn't punish you, he can), jab it, f tilt it, lay a bomb on it, grab him if you're confident

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
@edgehog The problem he's having is that he can't control the stage; the advice you're giving is assuming he controls the stage.

@bomber guy
i'm not as good as other people but

in my experience you have to be patient, cuz they will pressure the **** out of you with nairs and gentlemans lol
try not to get grabbed
if they space a nair badly in front of you, you can catch them with up-b
if they nair past you, you can chase after them with a tilt
i like perfect wd back ->upangled ftilt to counter him trying to rush you
grabs if you can (NOT OBVIOUS ONES lol)
if you're getting upair combod, you're probably on a platform, so i would recommend light shielding when your on platforms and they're underneath you. you're either going to just get pushed off, or moved, and you can probably drop through and do whatever or wavedash away from the platform and get back on the ground
poking their shield is amazing and you can punish anything they do out of it pretty much
if you're getting combod by upairs you can DI away i think and try to spam a nair out of it lol (my falcon friend told me this so i dunno maybe?)
CC works well on everything at low percentages except stomp, so you can either dtilt/smash
at mid and higher percentages you should not be careful not to CC knees, lol

then yeah work on your edgeguarding if you haven't
make sure to work on things one by one though because that's the best way imo

that's about all i know lol i guess

Pi

Smash Hero
You can also chain Dtilts at certain %'s forget which ones
but your focus in this match should be to get him off the stage
because once you've done that
it's pretty easy to take a stock, if not the stock then you can rack up mad damage.

Watty

Smash Lord
so if any1 has watched any of my vids i down air ALOT its a good move so alot of ppl shield when im doing it and try and shield grab me, so to mix it up u fast fall bomb the shield than come down with the down air.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help with the Falcon matchup. I was mainly just looking for tips on how to not die so easily and how to punish his approach more effectively. I'll have an easier time getting him offstage if I can get those things down and we pretty much **** his recovery since it's so abysmal if he has to go to the ledge.

Pi

Smash Hero
Im switching mains to Jigglypuff starting January 1st, 2010.
Way ahead of you.
I'll see you guys in brackets at Genesis 2.0

here's a drawing of what's going to happen:

Some things to note:
1) While this is on FD, any other state would result in a far worse defeat.
2) Notice the stocks, and %'s. While I have both 4 stocks, and 0% (a JV 5), on your last stock I decide to toy with you, getting you to 999% before predicting a jump with my fully charged shot, blasting you off at the speed of light to complete the JV 5 stock.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
why would you guys even joke about such a TERRIBLE character

high tier?

more like sigh tier

s'all i had lol

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion

Some things to note:
2) Notice the stocks, and %'s. While I have both 4 stocks, and 0% (a JV 5), on your last stock I decide to toy with you, getting you to 999% before predicting a jump with my fully charged shot, blasting you off at the speed of light to complete the JV 5 stock.
I like this drawing. It depicts well the Samus vs. Jigglypuff matchup. Where did you go to school to become an artist!?:confused:

xbombr

Smash Ace

Some things to note:
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

Rat

Smash Lord
Here are some pictures of what I'm going to do to Samus! It will give a good sense of how I will **** your faces.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Rat if you've really switched to Jiggs, you know I have to mm you now right?
When's the next MW tourney between Memphis and Chicago? Or for that matter are you going to pound?

Rat

Smash Lord
I don't think i'm going to pound. I can't really justify spending $300 for a tournament when I don't have a job. =( (college is also expensive.)

But lol I'm not actually switching to Jiggz. I just think the current discussing around jiggz amazingness is hilarious for some reason.

My current plan is to use only jiggs next tournament that kels is in so when I fight him he picks Fox instead of that stupid ******* shiek. Then switch back to Samus. I'm pretty sure that plan is not going to work at all. But it's something.

And to be honest even though winning with samus is impossible I love playing her so **** much. <333333333

@bigblueballs
That sounds like it hurts.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Pretty much impossible to combo, controls you with projectiles way better than you can do to him, even harder to get back down than vs Marth (stupid uair/utilt), touching his shield is ****ing dangerous at all times, his sex kick > yours, and he lives longer than you.
Like all of Samus' matchups, impossible.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wow you sound like Scar now.........

"Samus vs mewtwo is ~50/50
Samus vs marth is 10/90
Samus vs link is 0/100"

Top Bottom