• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
haha this guy

edit:
good news for that one guy that uses dial up still who lives in virginia or somewhere barren of life
i forget your name
you heard of the FCC bringing 100Mbps to EVERYONE?
it's supposed to be either dirt cheap or free
in any case
no longer will you have to suffer through dial up
of course i think the date for that is like 2020 LOL
you can handle another 10 years right

back on topic
samus *****

Pi

Smash Hero
internet down for a while

i'll start practicing shffmc

i'm like...very consistent with hylian lowriders
like 70/80%

i do them all the time in like all my matches lol

use them more than uncharged shots

so i figure if i practice shffmc the way i did HLRers i should be able to get pretty consistent with them

usually i am more patient, and stay more grounded, but i'm also pretty stubborn. i know it's not really a good idea to come down from above a marth with aerials, but it was FD so...

in most cases i'll hit a platform and get back grounded, but here i was trying to vary my FF's to **** up his timing, i've gotten hit like 6 times trying to do that, which by that time my nair didn't push him far enough away to get me back down any how

any way, yea, atm i think i'm more of trying to find something else to bring into the matchup, i know i can always fall back on ftilts, staying grounded, UB out of shield, all the tried and true stuff, but in friendlies (and hell, some times in tourney sets when my mind wanders) i spend a lot of time trying not really 'new' stuff, but more efficient stuff. like instead of spacing ftilts i'll try to get in with something that combo's, or does more damage, or instead of ub out of shield the same thing, wavedash out hit or something.

appreciate the critique

my buddy Sick has a really really good falcon, and he's really smart, not sure when those vids will get up but i'll post em here cause i desperately need advice. tbh he's been 2 and 3 stocking me and i haven't found a way to beat him o.O

that is rather new for me lol

i've got a friend, the brother of the marth who's youtube account that is, who plays jiggs & falco
his falco has been losing to me for the most part for a while

his jiggs it's some where between 60/40 for us

i haven't perfected any approaches for jiggs, i haven't found ways around double bair, i haven't even ironed out why i get punished some times or what my mistakes were, but i do have maybe more than average jiggs experience

some tricks or tips that i would say would be:
light shield if she's poking it so she'll push you far enough away to guarantee a safe wavedash out
-if she's not poking and getting in UB/Nair OoS range then do those, DO THEM!! every time, you need every % T.T
charge up your ball instead of chasing her, it's the one thing she can't out prioritize
when coming back to the stage, watch hugs videos, seriously he's got the idea right, bomb when she's too far to punish you, save your mother ****ing jump, and UB her as soon as you can get her and grab the ledge in the same UB
up angled Ftilts are good, but i haven't worked enough with them, same with Utilts, they're not as good as UA ftilts though, in speed that is, but they'll kill her
the thing about this matchup is...like...the jiggs wants to shield, but you don't want to grab lol
she can rest you out of shield for too many things, so it's actually beneficial for her to shield your mistake so:
1) don't make them, no dash attacking, no downsmashing, no upsmashing (lolwut?inorite.), if you're going to fsmash space that **** (i think it's still restable but it'll be hard)
2) if you're going to grab, don't hesitate, just press Z and close your eyes lol. then downthrow ball that lil *****.

but yea, hbox 3 then 2 stocked me in bracket
so idk

she really is a gay character

also question
dyna is a girl?
it plays samus?
is it any good?

Pi

Smash Hero
read this before watching:

DynaDash (2 weeks ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Yeah, I'm confused about that "barwl" thing.
Well, jokes aside, I hate Brawl so bad I don't even consider it a Smash Bros. game.

she's okay by me.

so, first combo, let me just say, tech chasing with missiles is something i need to devote more attention too.

you can theoretically cover all tech options if you're in a position to missile cancel.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
That video is suuuuper old, I don't think that really showcases my actual skill.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Why yes, with time, a person who is always developing new things is most obliged to improve with time.
So yes, I am a lot better than before.

Pi

Smash Hero
doesn't matter, i judge people based on their opinions on brawl

sigh....
friend said 10$ if i 4 stock him (his falco) next match
i missed the ledge with a grapple at like 120% him 1 stock
got him to 50% with no % taken, but couldnt finish it
UGH I HAD THAT ****
3 stocked him ~.~

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
doesn't matter, i judge people based on their opinions on brawl

sigh....
friend said 10$ if i 4 stock him (his falco) next match
i missed the ledge with a grapple at like 120% him 1 stock
got him to 50% with no % taken, but couldnt finish it
UGH I HAD THAT ****
3 stocked him ~.~
¿How can you 'judge' someone by their opinion on Brawl?
¿what's the basis on that?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
1st: OMFG Dyna Dash still exists! To this day, when I hear "Killer Queen" I think of your combo vid(s).

2nd: I played Cunning Kitsune this weekend at SMYM... I've always talked/thought about how, at a top level, Samus has basically nothing that is safe on block. But fortunately, we don't play Super Theory Bros, so in practice it's not actually that bad. But Cunning... WOW. I'll spare you all the gory details, but the last straw was when he powershielded a spaced forward tilt -> wavedash (NOT wavedash out of shield, powershield -> instant wavedash without the real shield even coming up!) -> shine -> wavedash -> upsmash. Who the **** does that?!

Alukard

Smash Hero
1st: OMFG Dyna Dash still exists! To this day, when I hear "Killer Queen" I think of your combo vid(s).

2nd: I played Cunning Kitsune this weekend at SMYM... I've always talked/thought about how, at a top level, Samus has basically nothing that is safe on block. But fortunately, we don't play Super Theory Bros, so in practice it's not actually that bad. But Cunning... WOW. I'll spare you all the gory details, but the last straw was when he powershielded a spaced forward tilt -> wavedash (NOT wavedash out of shield, powershield -> instant wavedash without the real shield even coming up!) -> shine -> wavedash -> upsmash. Who the **** does that?!
old school pros ... and other super technical peeps

resTy

Smash Champion
This part of the boards has gotten lively again; I like it.

Also, IHSB **** on my buddy, JBM, at SMYM.
Was that set recorded by any chance?
What was the deal with the 3rd match also?
I heard games happened.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
This part of the boards has gotten lively again; I like it.

Also, IHSB **** on my buddy, JBM, at SMYM.
Was that set recorded by any chance?
What was the deal with the 3rd match also?
I heard games happened.
He won pretty handily the first game, and was up in the second to the point where I was pretty sure it was over, but somehow I came back and barely won.
Then the third game I have no idea what happened but I three stocked him. He basically lost all confidence in himself I guess.

Edit: Oh, and it wasn't recorded.

Geist

Smash Master
Brawl makes babies cry.

I don't know what the whole 'girls can't play video games' thing is about. My gf and I wrecked Nevada at 2v2 slayer in Halo 3 for a long time. It was super hot.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo girl gamers are taking over ... and i have no problems with it ... cuz they look good doing it ^_^

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
A girl
A Samus mainer
A Queen fan (i suppose)

Want more?
Only fan of Freddy Mercury and some Queen songs.
Oh, he was a great gay guy

I'm glad people here support girls =)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i think it's been posted before
but can anyone give suggestions as to how to use the instant teleporting upair thing (aerial interrupts) on platforms?

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
No reason not to lol
I've met enough legit gamer girls to completely disreguard the stereotypes. The fragdolls community is amazing.
Well, a reason I left SmashBoards, the competitive scene, the Hub and many other places is because the mistreatment I receive, when people exceed their quasi-sense of humor against me, when they are overly unsupportive and when they are directly hostile towards me, just, because, I am, a girl.

Hopefully it won't repeat again in SmashBoards.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
to be honest i find it hilarious that there exist people that would be condescending to girls or something
i mean REALLY?
i dunno lol
dumb****s haha
i grew up with my mom schooling me in super mario bros

Geist

Smash Master
i think it's been posted before
but can anyone give suggestions as to how to use the instant teleporting upair thing (aerial interrupts) on platforms?
Use Samus's shoulder as a reference. You should snap when her shoulder just reaches above the platform.

Well, a reason I left SmashBoards, the competitive scene, the Hub and many other places is because the mistreatment I receive, when people exceed their quasi-sense of humor against me, when they are overly unsupportive and when they are directly hostile towards me, just, because, I am, a girl.

Hopefully it won't repeat again in SmashBoards.
I would have left too, that's appalling.
I see a lot of girls on smashboards now though, much more than before. I can't imagine that happening again.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Use Samus's shoulder as a reference. You should snap when her shoulder just reaches above the platform.

I would have left too, that's appalling.
I see a lot of girls on smashboards now though, much more than before. I can't imagine that happening again.
Yay =)
That's a relief.

Pi

Smash Hero
basically your distaste for brawl creates a good impression on me.

but d/w, i could always end up hating you at some point

TresChikon

Smash Lord
How do you guys recover against Ganon from high above after getting stomped or something?

I feel like his u-air can just eat all of my bombs and trying to come from the side might get me KOed. Are there any other options I'm not aware of?

Yay =)
That's a relief.
Don't get too comfortable, you might be good at Smash but I'm a champ at Cooking Mama 3. And I'm not about to let some girl top my culinary expertise.

Pi

Smash Hero
I almost always try to go...
**** this is going to sound bad any way I say it

I almost always try to go under him.

That is
If he always tries to come out and get you.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
recovering as low as humanly possible is the best

you could always try to dair his uair lol but that's not gonna go well most likely

better idea
don't get hit

Top Bottom