• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Blasphemy. Ganon will smite you all for your insolence.
Yeah, in Melee.

I'm disapointed he uses hand to hand attacks and not his sword, thankfully, we got a code and a PSA. One thing I noticed: I have never heard of Ganon using his fists in a Zelda game. Ever. Even though I haven't played one.
It's a shame. His default textures suck in Brawl.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
TR where would I find the recolor files? I added the CSP's and everything else. Btw whoever did those and the icons nice job *thumbs up* it looked really good. Anyway im about to go test him now after I add everything. TOAD FINALLY CAN HOLD ITEMS!!! Hows everyone else doing? Goroh, Lyn?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
The recolors will come out when Tabuu is released on BrawlVault. ;)
Ok. Welp I suppose ill go test him out now.

CSP's crashed my game. It dinit even get to the start

EDIT: Tabuu froze when he tried to walk. Was that already dealt with or is it still a problem?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ok. Welp I suppose ill go test him out now.

CSP's crashed my game. It dinit even get to the start

EDIT: Tabuu froze when he tried to walk. Was that already dealt with or is it still a problem?
Weird, they don't crash on my game. *shrug*

I still have problems with it too. kangaroogreen said Tabuu couldn't crash, but he still does for me.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
TR where would I find the recolor files? I added the CSP's and everything else. Btw whoever did those and the icons nice job *thumbs up* it looked really good. Anyway im about to go test him now after I add everything. TOAD FINALLY CAN HOLD ITEMS!!! Hows everyone else doing? Goroh, Lyn?
Goroh's still chugging along. I'm having Snoopy tutor me in the ways of model fixin' so I don't have to keep bugging him. :embarrass:

Still need to fix the TransN glitch, and I haven't received word from him, unfortunately. Would anybody be willing to give me a detailed description as to how to fit it through Tabuu?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
oops, i knew there was something i forgot to do. Gamma, does Tabuu work for you? all you have to do to fix the TransN is this.

open the FitCharacter.pac file in Tabuu, and go to this spot; FitCharacter/MiscData[0] > Sections > data > Misc > BoneRef > and the first 5 that show are the ones you'll want to change. Tabuu will probably say 'No Model Ref Loaded', but that's okay. they're always the same references that go in the same order, and the first 5 are ThrowN, HipN, XRotN, YRotN, TransN. click them and change the BoneIndex number in the right window to match the new model, and then right click them in left window and click 'Open Hex View'. in the 'As Int' entry bar at the bottom of the new window, change the number to be the same as the number in the right window (you don't want different linkings going on). once those are changed, save the file, and you're good. you're most likely going to need to change the hurtboxes as well, and they're in the same Misc as the BoneRef is, and they're changed in the exact same manner, except that hurtboxes have 5 entries you can change, but the important one to change is the BoneIndex. just choose bones that seem good to put hurtboxes on, like one on the hip, one in each arm and leg, one for the head.

Gamma, that should help with the next 2 steps, bone and hurtbox re-linking.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
oops, i knew there was something i forgot to do. Gamma, does Tabuu work for you? all you have to do to fix the TransN is this.

open the FitCharacter.pac file in Tabuu, and go to this spot; FitCharacter/MiscData[0] > Sections > data > Misc > BoneRef > and the first 5 that show are the ones you'll want to change. Tabuu will probably say 'No Model Ref Loaded', but that's okay. they're always the same references that go in the same order, and the first 5 are ThrowN, HipN, XRotN, YRotN, TransN. click them and change the BoneIndex number in the right window to match the new model, and then right click them in left window and click 'Open Hex View'. in the 'As Int' entry bar at the bottom of the new window, change the number to be the same as the number in the right window (you don't want different linkings going on). once those are changed, save the file, and you're good. you're most likely going to need to change the hurtboxes as well, and they're in the same Misc as the BoneRef is, and they're changed in the exact same manner, except that hurtboxes have 5 entries you can change, but the important one to change is the BoneIndex. just choose bones that seem good to put hurtboxes on, like one on the hip, one in each arm and leg, one for the head.

Gamma, that should help with the next 2 steps, bone and hurtbox re-linking.
Heheh, thanks Snoop. Tabuu doesn't work on my laptop because of the .NET framework or something, but it DOES work on my desktop, which is what I'm using.

And I did finally see this in your guide finally, I just skipped over it for some odd reason. :awesome:

Thanks for all of your help!

TEASER VIDEO

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@GRWhy is he freezing up on you?
What action did you do that caused the game to freeze?
Down B? Side B?

@KG: Tell me moar about the disappearing problem.
If it's related to Eye Yellow and/or the Smash ball, it's already been solved.
Alternatively, you can use Tabu's Model Dsplay section to change the references and solve your problem.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Alternatively, you can use Tabu's Model Dsplay section to change the references and solve your problem.
No longer a problem, I was just trying to hex edit the model and I already added extabones. :laugh:

Anyways, This is the result.

P.S. Piks is god teir in model making.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Hey, that's one epic looking Falcon model. That Piks, I tell ya. He's a god. XD

I will make more animations for Tabuu tonight and try to fix his walking.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
@GRWhy is he freezing up on you?
What action did you do that caused the game to freeze?
Down B? Side B?

It's not input-related, it just freezes randomly at the character selection screen. I think I may have messed something up....

I'm just gonna re-do the whole thing real quick.

~~~EDIT~~~
Had nothing to do with the Fighter.pac

Maybe the MotionEtc...

Yeah, it was the MotionEtc. Glad to fix that bit of nonsense. :laugh:

Last thing to fix is the freezes-when-you-try-to-pick-up-items glitch. Is that fixable yet? Or do you still need more original bones?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Hey, that's one epic looking Falcon model. That Piks, I tell ya. He's a god. XD
Wrong.

Viewtiful Joe(Captain Falcon)
Wrong.

What the Duster?
Whose model was the base for this???
Thank you!
Someone who actually has played mother 3. :bee:

It's Duster from Mother 3 for the people who don't know.

And the base model was little mac, that's why I posted it in here. I go it working without a single glitch.
Also, he's going to be a captain F clone unless someone wants something else.

Last thing to fix is the freezes-when-you-try-to-pick-up-items glitch. Is that fixable yet? Or do you still need more original bones?
Yep, Pikazz found out how.
You just need to edit the item holding bone in hex.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I can also say that about this character, and her structure looks very easy to work with besides the lack of finger bones.

If no one has picked her up, well it looks like I have another character to work with until the clone engine comes out.....

I'll just make animations and costumes for now......
LYN! I was so let down when she was revealled as an assist trophy instead of a character. Glad someone is finally picking it up.

I also vote Link since I don't use Zero anyway.
Link has Saki though, but putting Lyn over Marth would make Fire Emblem cross-over battles complicated. :/

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
LYN! I was so let down when she was revealled as an assist trophy instead of a character. Glad someone is finally picking it up.

Link has Saki though, but putting Lyn over Marth would make Fire Emblem cross-over battles complicated. :/
Last I checked, TOON Link was the one to have Saki.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Working on Professor Layton :cool:

All the info you need is here.

This just the first of many new character projects I plan on helping develop. Masked Man, Louie, Mii, and Giegue are all coming up next in that order.

No longer a problem, I was just trying to hex edit the model and I already added extabones. :laugh:

Anyways, This is the result.
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae69/kangaroogreen/Brawl/Untitled-34.png

P.S. Piks is god teir in model making.
Pik sent you the Duster model? Welp, you beat me to it

If anyone's wondering, Duster was made over Little Mac

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I haven;t played Mother3.... yet.
I want to finish Earthbound first.

Life got the best of me today although I'm feeling better.
All I was able to get done were her standing, crouching, Falling, and Jumping animations.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, will someone please take a look at Tabuu's MotionEtc file? He won't stop crashing when walking and it's bugging me. I've tried and tried, looked at the frames for his animations (they have 50 each) and I'm officially stumped. Pretty please?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Eeeeehhhhhh? This is an interesting development.
"After that I began work again, but alas, more problems arose.
Problems like compatible characters to replace, and bone count, etc.
Thanks to the bone adding program, I overcame this part.
I was set back for various other reasons but I recently came to port over TOON LINK.
That's where the real work began."

From, the Saki thread.

Top Bottom