• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
It's not PSA. I'm animating now, so I didn't touch PSA yet.
No, some things that the base character starts out with in PSA contradict with things with the new model.

Edit: O.o wait, what are you talking about? The down throw works fine. Same with all the other moves.

I even tried my hardest to crash the game with him and couldn't. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No, some things that the base character starts out with in PSA contradict with things with the new model.

Edit: O.o wait, what are you talking about? The down throw works fine. Same with all the other moves.

I even tried my hardest to crash the game with him and couldn't. :)
...Unless I used the old FitGanonMotionEtc.pac.

I'll try it with the one you edited.

Sorry, green, it freezes for me. :[

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Gamma, all you need to do to fix Goroh's model disappearance is to hex his BodyM bone index to something else. open Goroh's model in a hex editor and go to Offset 1218 (it should be a 2) and change it (to 3). don't mess with the hierarchy changer, even if you get it right and the way you want, once you insert it back into the .pac/.pcs file, it will revert to the way it was. i probably should take that out of my guide.
That's the thing though, over Ganon, his BodyM bone is 1, which is why he's disappearing.

I took the model and put it through hex. I found the bone at 120C, and I was 100% sure it was the BodyM, and changed it to 2, Ganon's TransN.

Unless... do you hex it BEFORE you replace the model? (Dear God, please don't be the case...)

Also, Goroh may be over Wario now, as he has the walking glitch over Ganon, and Wario has the same TransN number as Goroh. Unless there's an easy fix to that.

Ah, well, thanks again Snoopy! :bee:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That's the thing though, over Ganon, his BodyM bone is 1, which is why he's disappearing.

I took the model and put it through hex. I found the bone at 120C, and I was 100% sure it was the BodyM, and changed it to 2, Ganon's TransN.

Unless... do you hex it BEFORE you replace the model? (Dear God, please don't be the case...)

Also, Goroh may be over Wario now, as he has the walking glitch over Ganon, and Wario has the same TransN number as Goroh. Unless there's an easy fix to that.

Ah, well, thanks again Snoopy! :bee:
Wario Overalls has 58 bones I think and Wario Biker has 70-odd. I'll play him if you make him there. :]

Oh, btw, where are the Enemy characters (not the bosses) stored? I'm not sure where to look.

Brawl's files have such descriptive names and all. >.>

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Wario Overalls has 58 bones I think and Wario Biker has 70-odd. I'll play him if you make him there. :]
The WarioWare costume has seventy.. eight? I'm pretty sure. I just exported the model from over Ganon and added five bones. :laugh:

And it's actually pretty funny to play with him over Wario. Though I REALLY want to get him over Ganon. :ohwell:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
The WarioWare costume has seventy.. eight? I'm pretty sure. I just exported the model from over Ganon and added five bones. :laugh:

And it's actually pretty funny to play with him over Wario. Though I REALLY want to get him over Ganon. :ohwell:
Oh? Any reason why you want him over anyone else?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Oh? Any reason why you want him over anyone else?
Well, it's out of pettiness, really. And laziness. ;)

Basically, I wanted Goroh to have similar stats to Ganon. Weight and speed and whatnot. I don't really like tinkering with PSA, so this would minimalize the amount of work I'd have to do. :laugh:

Also, I really wanted to have his voice for added effect. Out of all the characters, Ganon's voice is the most similar to Goroh's, so I wanted to take advantage of that. Wario comes next closest though.

Both pointless reasons, honestly, but over Ganon it just seemed... right. :colorful:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Same thing with Tabuu. For some reason, his voice fits too, I think. And TBH, I based my choice on the SSE, where Tabuu beats Ganondorf. Now he takes his place in VS mode. :D

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Same thing with Tabuu. For some reason, his voice fits too, I think. And TBH, I based my choice on the SSE, where Tabuu beats Ganondorf. Now he takes his place in VS mode. :D
Tabuu has a voice? :laugh: I'm sure there are ways around the whole voice thing, like making a sound pack or something.

Not something I'll be doing though. I can't even get Riivolution to work. :ohwell:

And I know how to adjust all those stats via PSA, it just takes some experimenting...

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Gamma, the TransN glitch can easily be fixed with Tabuu (the program). as for the BodyM bone, i'm assuming you already added in bones to get Goroh's model working in game, but you have to hex the BodyM to a different index before adding bones. for some reason, the bone adding program makes it so any change you make to the bone structure after adding bones won't show up. another option would be to use Tabuu to change the model visibility (it doesn't require hexing the model, nor having to re-do it like you'll have to if you do the first option).

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Gamma, the TransN glitch can easily be fixed with Tabuu (the program). as for the BodyM bone, i'm assuming you already added in bones to get Goroh's model working in game, but you have to hex the BodyM to a different index before adding bones. for some reason, the bone adding program makes it so any change you make to the bone structure after adding bones won't show up. another option would be to use Tabuu to change the model visibility (it doesn't require hexing the model, nor having to re-do it like you'll have to if you do the first option).
Mmk, according to your advice, here's my plan of action:

1. Extract the model/textures from the BRRES
  2. Hex the BodyM bone to 3
  3. Add 45 bones
  4. Use Tabuu to change the TransN bone to match Ganon's
  5. Place over Ganon as usual

Am I doing it right?

Eternal Yoshi said the visibility can be changed via Tabuu, and it had something to do with the Entries... but exactly WHAT do I do? What needs to be changed? And to what?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yep, just make sure you also change the HipN and ThrowN BoneRef's as well (and you could do the XRotN and YRotN too, since Goroh has them). that way you will avoid the throwing and being thrown glitches, as well as having a properly working shield.

with changing visibility in Tabuu, this is the spot you go to; FitCharacter/MiscData[0] > Sections > data > Model Display > Hidden > (at this point some characters may have more than 1) Entry > Entry > EyeYellowM (is what it might say, it might also say no model ref loaded). click it, and on the right side it should show BoneIndex as 1. change it to something else (i don't think it matters what), and then right click the part that changes red in the left window and click 'Open Hex View', and change it to the same number there (in the 'As Int' part). and that should be it.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
yep, just make sure you also change the HipN and ThrowN BoneRef's as well (and you could do the XRotN and YRotN too, since Goroh has them). that way you will avoid the throwing and being thrown glitches, as well as having a properly working shield.

with changing visibility in Tabuu, this is the spot you go to; FitCharacter/MiscData[0] > Sections > data > Model Display > Hidden > (at this point some characters may have more than 1) Entry > Entry > EyeYellowM (is what it might say, it might also say no model ref loaded). click it, and on the right side it should show BoneIndex as 1. change it to something else (i don't think it matters what), and then right click the part that changes red in the left window and click 'Open Hex View', and change it to the same number there (in the 'As Int' part). and that should be it.
Surprisingly, Goroh does not have the grabbed/thrown glitches at all, he has the HipN and everything, so is it still necessary to change them?

And in Tabuu, it does say "no model ref loaded," so just change it to whatever then?

... mmk, I'll give it a shot. ;)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
even when Goroh is over Ganondorf? hmm, if there isn't a problem, then you probably don't have to, but you probably should anyways (my opinion), or at least the ThrowN because that will fix the shield.

and as long as it's the visibility thing in Tabuu, then yes, change it. once you start changing BoneRefs, there's a lot of them, but in my guide i show which ones are which, because they'll be the same references for all characters.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
even when Goroh is over Ganondorf? hmm, if there isn't a problem, then you probably don't have to, but you probably should anyways (my opinion), or at least the ThrowN because that will fix the shield.

and as long as it's the visibility thing in Tabuu, then yes, change it. once you start changing BoneRefs, there's a lot of them, but in my guide i show which ones are which, because they'll be the same references for all characters.
Odd isn't it? Considering I've been hit by nothing but roadblocks as of yet. :laugh: Unfortunately, he has the item glitch, dunno if that's fixable yet.

But yeah, I'll fix those. Should I just change the appropriate refrences to match those of Ganon's? Change Goroh's XRotN to match Ganon's for example.

And does Tabuu open model files? I can't check, Tabuu doesn't even work on my laptop. :ohwell: How would I go about fixing the TransN thang?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Odd isn't it? Considering I've been hit by nothing but roadblocks as of yet. :laugh: Unfortunately, he has the item glitch, dunno if that's fixable yet.

But yeah, I'll fix those. Should I just change the appropriate refrences to match those of Ganon's? Change Goroh's XRotN to match Ganon's for example.

And does Tabuu open model files? I can't check, Tabuu doesn't even work on my laptop. :ohwell: How would I go about fixing the TransN thang?
Item glitch IS fixable now.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Heheh, thanks. :awesome: And you fixed the wonky walk-glitch, I presume?
No, kangaroogreen did.

WalkMiddle is still a problem (I have 50 frames now), and his walk is spectacularly fast (I want that though, I want him to be floaty, light, and fast and maybe stronger to make up for those crippling weaknesses).

I have an idea for his DTilt but have yet to animate it.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
No, kangaroogreen did.

WalkMiddle is still a problem (I have 50 frames now), and his walk is spectacularly fast (I want that though, I want him to be floaty, light, and fast and maybe stronger to make up for those crippling weaknesses).

I have an idea for his DTilt but have yet to animate it.
Ah.

In my opinion, I feel it more important to do the movement animations first. I dunno, it makes more sense to me. :lol: If a character can't move, how can they fight?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I make em all as the ideas come, that's purty much all.
Shoot, I can't do that. :laugh:

I follow a pattern: Come up with the ideas, get the model working, movement animations, attack animations, PSA work, the rest of the miscellaneous animations, re-colors, CSP's, and the rest of the little goodies.

... unfortunately, I haven't really gotten that far with Mew yet. :|

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Shoot, I can't do that. :laugh:

I follow a pattern: Come up with the ideas, get the model working, movement animations, attack animations, PSA work, the rest of the miscellaneous animations, re-colors, CSP's, and the rest of the little goodies.

... unfortunately, I haven't really gotten that far with Mew yet. :|
I'm not touching PSA until I finish the animations and they all work.

Well, the recolors are done and working, the CSPs are being made, etc. But I did the swap and animations myself.

Have you played as him yet? ^^

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I'm not touching PSA until I finish the animations and they all work.

Well, the recolors are done and working, the CSPs are being made, etc. But I did the swap and animations myself.

Have you played as him yet? ^^
Hm, not yet...

I have time right now though... the link is somewhere in the previous posts, yes?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yep. ^^

I'm proud of his shield animation, as simple as it is.

I'm gonna animate his GuardLoop (I think it's that) a bit more, though.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Yep. ^^

I'm proud of his shield animation, as simple as it is.

I'm gonna animate his GuardLoop (I think it's that) a bit more, though.
Yeah, found it. (post 297)

Testing......... now.

My my, Tabuu's a big boy isn't he? Is all his junk supposed to be hanging out? :laugh:

And I keep doing the WalkSlow.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, found it. (post 297)

Testing......... now.

My my, Tabuu's a big boy isn't he? Is all his junk supposed to be hanging out? :laugh:

And I keep doing the WalkSlow.
Yes, it's part of his model. I had to shrink it down to make it disappear.

What? o.O

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, the item holding glitch is finally fixable, but it requires some hexing skill. basically, in Tabuu, go to FitCharacter/MiscData[0] > Sections > data > UnknownO > and look at the offsets and values for the 0000 and 0001. then open the FitCharacter.pac in a hex editor and go to that offset. at about that offset (it can be a little off because of how Tabuu displays offsets, it doesn't include the Header data at the top), you should see 3 of the value number from 0000 and 5 of 0001 grouped very close together. the 0000 is the HaveN that holds items, and the 0001 is the HandN of the hand that the HaveN connects to. change them to match the new model, and make sure that the 2 bones are named correctly. and that should fix the item holding glitch.

with changing the bone references, make them match Goroh's model. the first 5 references are ThrowN, HipN, XRotN, YRotN, and TransN, in that order, and are the only ones i change. the X/YRotN bones aren't necessary, but if a model has them, then it can help with animating, and then changing the references for them are good. but really, just the ThrowN, HipN and TransN references are needed.

and i think Tabuu can open model files, i'm just unsure how. and if your computer can't open Tabuu, it's better to ask someone for help. it's almost impossible to find anything in there without the help of Tabuu, because it shows the data offsets that would take a long time to find otherwise.

Top Bottom