• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Heyyy, I'm looking forward to that new GF.

Your updated Lyn is already pretty awesome, and Gray Fox is so much fun to play with. :D

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
WOO! One of my projects is actually nearing completion! Giga Bowser. :3

Now, all he needs isto have certain bones re-linked, since he freezes when grabbing, picking up heavy items, his hurtboxes are tiny, he's invisible when he should be in his shell, and he has no shield, making him defenseless. A little help?

Also, I need to add and redo some animations, but his moveset is pretty much done!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
This is for characters who can't be grabbed without freezing?

Oh, and btw, Giga Bowser V1 released on KCMM! :3

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hmm, so you figured out Wheelie's problem then. could you please explain what you did to fix that?

mariodk

Smash Ace
i am going to work on that Kid goku over Luigi but first i want him over Diddy Kong since he dont will be used at all for Project: DragonBrawl
Mario
Luigi
DK.(Shadow over DK,)
and Sonic
will be used in Project: Dragonbrawl
SMBZ vs. Dragonball vs. main chars. in SSBB like Pokemons (only 1st gen. lucario will be Kid buu) Kirby chars. too maybe and the rest reminding after vertexs/movesets/imports is done

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's fine then, i was just wondering. and if you need another project to test it on, the Toad project that Gemini and i worked on had the same problem.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Yeay! finally!
2 glitch fixes in the fix of one!

Freeze at Grabbed : Fixed

Jigglypuff using grab on wheelie! it's super effective!

jigglypuff used Down throw on toad! it's super effective!

Freeze when Grabbing : Fixed

Wheelie used Up throw on jigglypuff! it's super effective!

Toad used Up throw on jigglypuff! it's super effective!

I will write a tutorial soon
but I can't explain ;A; it's difficult

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
WHOA!!! Now there's hope for Giga Bowser yet! (He freezes when grabbing) Strangely, DASH grab works fine though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I made new portraits for Gray Fox.

Alt Pose

Now for some useless trivia.
The pose on top is pose he makes for The Twin Snakes and the one on the bottom is based off of art from the PSX Metal Gear Solid.

Filler, but it's something.

Friedslick6

Smash Cadet
Oh man, you know what would make a great alternate costume for Gray Fox? Pepsi Man.
These portraits look proffessional, though. Nice one.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, I need a little help here, please.

I decided to tackle two Castlevania Judgment characters as side projects for when I want a break from Tabuu and Giga Bowser.

I extracted their models and textures, put them into Brres files (ModelData[0] and TextureData[0] since the characters and textures come in the same Brres.) They work just fine in BrawlBox, but they freeze after I select a stage. Are they not hexed, or perhaps corrupted? I haven't the foggiest clue.

The characters are Maria over Peach and Dracula over Pit.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
one of two possibilities (without looking at them, anyways).

1) lack of bones, since Peach has 103, and Pit has 91. did you add in bones at all (if needed)?

2) going over the file size limit. it does occasionally happen with model swaps, and you'd just need change the texture format of the textures so they take less space (CMPR format usually drops it the most).

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
one of two possibilities (without looking at them, anyways).

1) lack of bones, since Peach has 103, and Pit has 91. did you add in bones at all (if needed)?

2) going over the file size limit. it does occasionally happen with model swaps, and you'd just need change the texture format of the textures so they take less space (CMPR format usually drops it the most).
it might be also

3) bad bone tree, Peach and Pit has facepattern and eye yellow before the TransN bone.

I really need to write a tutorial but dont know where to beginD:

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Maria and Drac have a LOT of bones.

A list of potential issues:

1. The models need to be scaled. About 10.55 times their original size. Brawl wise, 11X is slightly too big.

2. The bone trees are unique and may need the moveset.pac completely Tabuu'd, hurtboxes/bonerefs and all.

3. File size. These models have more bones and more stuff than Brawl models as well as a lot of reflective textures.

File size is why I didn't make my character project Simon Belmont. Vertexes can make the character look like his old self anyway. :p

That can go for the whole roster actually.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
it might be also

3) bad bone tree, Peach and Pit has facepattern and eye yellow before the TransN bone.

I really need to write a tutorial but dont know where to beginD:
Here's a good way to start writing a tutorial, just start writing out information you know on things and group them together. Once you have most of it done, you just have to rewrite it a little to be a bit more of a how to. :)

:phone:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Here's a good way to start writing a tutorial, just start writing out information you know on things and group them together. Once you have most of it done, you just have to rewrite it a little to be a bit more of a how to. :)

:phone:
Well, I can try.

The reason to "Freeze when grab" and "Freeze at grabbed" Glitch
The problem that are causing is because you model has a very bad bone tree and are NOT simile to the model you have replace.
this might be a rel/tabuu related thing but I haven't found it :c

lets look on a few models bone tree.

This is model on Olimar, Pikachu and Pit.
as you see on Olimar, he has no bones before TransN and it makes his bonetree go to "1"
On Pikachu, you see he has his YellowEyeN before TransN and make his Bonetree go to "2"
and on Pit, he has both YellowEyeN AND FacePattern and make his Bonetree go to "3"

Lets say, If I replace a model with it's bonetree with "1" over olimar, it will NOT freeze when grabbed and grabbing (but I think you need to set where the ThrowN are in Tabuu anyway)
But if I replace it with a bonetree with "2" OR HIGHER, it will freeze when grab and grabbing.
it's same on everyone, it need to be THE SAME to fix the glitch.
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3

also, if ANY BODYPART bone are before the "real" TransN bone, It will be in the middle of the stage!

how to fix is you need your models bonetree. it's pretty big on that and dont know how to write D:
this is some example on fixes I mean.

Toad over Yoshi with his bonetree "1"

Wheelie fix over "Lucas" with his bonetree "2"

Petey Piranha fix over Pit with his bonetree "3"
read the note

well, this is a beginning.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hey Pikazz, is there something else you're doing than just moving the bones a bit? i've tried replicating what the pictures show, but it still freezes. i'm testing this with Toad, and it looks like all you did was make the HaveN be a child bone of the TransN. is there something else i may have missed?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Interesting... very interesting.

I wonder...
?
you must do roader!
hey Pikazz, is there something else you're doing than just moving the bones a bit? i've tried replicating what the pictures show, but it still freezes. i'm testing this with Toad, and it looks like all you did was make the HaveN be a child bone of the TransN. is there something else i may have missed?
I forgot to say, you can't move the bones in brawlbox. you have to hex the "parent" "child" "next" and "previous" bones in the bones to make it work :c

you need to use TheShyGuys BoneTreeEditor (limited) or hex them manually like I did. it's so hard to tell exactly how to hex them manually, it's time consuming and hard if you know know what you are doing D:

if someone finding this "thing" in rels or in tabuu/Fit___.pac, please tell me! that could be much easier to edit than this.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can help with that.
What bone is this directly related to?

HipN? Trans? TopN?

All 3 of those have bonerefs.

In fact, TopN has like 2 bonerefs.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You do know that the section labeled(Smash Ball Bones?) has bonerefs that should be changed too right? There's references to TopN, HipN, and several bones.

Try that section as well then try again.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
You do know that the section labeled(Smash Ball Bones?) has bonerefs that should be changed too right? There's references to TopN, HipN, and several bones.

Try that section as well then try again.
that's the smashball "aura" goes to D:
and I dont find the TransN cause I bet it must be TransN or a TopN Childbone D:
(not the TopN itself)

Top Bottom