• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Freezes are usually from trying to attach something like a hitbox or article to a bone that doesn't exist.
Alloys dont have articles, but it was probably a hitbox problem. Thats done in psa i guess?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Wait no, not hitboxes. Grab boxes and being grabbed if they don't have the right bones. To fix it you use PSA for collisions, BrawlBox for bones. I haven't actually fixed this problem because I haven't put much time into making a character yet but it should work.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Wait no, not hitboxes. Grab boxes and being grabbed if they don't have the right bones. To fix it you use PSA for collisions, BrawlBox for bones. I haven't actually fixed this problem because I haven't put much time into making a character yet but it should work.
Turns out it was the grab lol Well now we know the animal crossers work reasonably well. I dont have the time, but someone should take over and get one playable.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
****, gone for two days and already like 7 more pages are added.

im trying to get a groudon going with a edited bowser moveset anyone wanna help?
cuz idk how to do the bone thing
ive heard its somewhere in this thread but im to lazy to read the whole thing either give me a link or tutorial?
The guide is in the first paragraph of the OP. (If you are too lazy to find it, then you are far too lazy to take on this project.)

For the final time you guys, and listen, NONE OF THE SONIC CHARACTERS WORK.
Jesus Christ, someone add this to the OP! I know you guys are drooling Silver fanboys, but he WON'T WORK. Okay?
Good idea to add it to the OP, I'm getting a little annoyed at people constantly asking about that too.

If you swap over olimar you'll have to deal with his pikmin. Pick someone without shenanigans like tethers and junk.
Pikmin can be easily taken away with PSA. (Or BrawlBox [or Hex Workshop].)

Put it in the OP. Sonic characters can't be swapped in yet - not enough bones. Or just link this. It basically shows who can and can't be swapped in so far.
I'm going to add that they can't be done, and sometime soon I'm going to make an important threads section in the OP and I'll put yours there.

almost done with my Kakashi PSA, model, and animation hacks. texture was already made. i guess I need 6 more diff versions of Kakashi textures for team battles? guess i might need help with that part. also, ill need someone to make a vid of it. this is just a post to give you a heads up that im almost done.
-S
Who is Kakashi (in Brawl) and who does he replace?

Not sure if it's been asked before, but can PSA's be made from the models of trophies?

~:bowser:
Trophies have far too few bones, they won't be playable for a long time.

****Knuckle Joe Update****

Version 0.3

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2yjmtlzzjf

Fixed plenty of animations :D​
Great! Updating.

@Everyone: I didn't quote them because there are far too many, but nice job on all of your characters so far. They look great!

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
I'll take the animal crosser!
i would have claimed him a few weeks ago, but i've been having some laptop issues. it's all good now.
i've been watching this thread for a while, and it's really interesting some of the characters coming out.
yes, i'm a bit newer to this, but i've been studying and watching tutorials about brawlbox and psa so when my laptop was done i could get right into it when it was ready. i've got quite a few ideas on how he will work. but for now, i got dibs on him.

humble

Smash Ace
Just curious AMKalmar, you seem to know a lot about how to get things to work, and seem knowledgeable overall, however a quick scan of the first post shows you aren't actually model swapping anyone; do you plan to do so at some point, or are you just being very helpful around here?

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing Snoopy. Want the files of what i have so far? Its just the model and a few animations but it might save you some work.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I'll take the animal crosser!
i would have claimed him a few weeks ago, but i've been having some laptop issues. it's all good now.
i've been watching this thread for a while, and it's really interesting some of the characters coming out.
yes, i'm a bit newer to this, but i've been studying and watching tutorials about brawlbox and psa so when my laptop was done i could get right into it when it was ready. i've got quite a few ideas on how he will work. but for now, i got dibs on him.
Alright. Who does he replace. By the way, is his name actually Animal Crosser?

Here is a video of some of Dialga's animations in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3IXCyuzx0s

Can you put it in the first post?
Sure.

If noone is doing it then I should do Palkia. He's always been underrated.
Alright. Who does he replace?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Actually, haven't thought of that. If I do make Palkia, it'll be over Pikachu, if his bones let me to.

If time permits today, I can get started on swapping the models and maybe some of the animations.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Aw... Pikachu? Really? Pika's my lil' Smash bud...

Nah, that's alright. No matter who Palkia's over, it'll upset someone. If both Dialga and Palkia are completed... Man, talk about your epic battle! The sheer fabrics of time and space would implode, and as we lose time and space, the Distortion world would gain it! Arceus would need to end the feud on earth once again... And that worked out so well the first time...

AND WHERE WOULD DEOXYS LIVE!?!?!?!? 0o0

Nnnyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh *brain asplodes*

[/supirpokerant]

Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza would be SICK if they had enough bones.... Hmm... *runs to the Idea Cave*

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Actually, if I learn how to properly edit vertices, I might make Giratina after I'm done with Palkia.

But right now I currently have Palkia and a model swap of the Lakitu assist on my plate.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
@ brawlshifter, i havent decided on an actual name yet, and i will test which character will be best, so when i figure that out, i will let you know, but most likely an alloy or olimar.

@Xaranid, sure, i'll take what you got.

i have a good moveset worked out in my mind, if i can get certain files to work from city folk (i'm also modding animal crossing a bit).

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
As far as i know, no models from other games work yet :/ Ill pm you what i got as soon as i can.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Good to see that progress on Dialga is comming along and working.

I haven't worked on Dugtrio the past few days, so nothing new for him, but there will be soon!
[HYPE]

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Meowth looks like he might work for somebody. I'm now looking a for a suitable placement for him.

Edit: Change of plans. Sign me up for Groudon over Olimar... If I can fix the random crashes.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
I am going to try an attempt to make Saki playable, right now I replaced him over Red Alloy and I fixed his waiting, turning, and jumping animation....I'm trying to get walking and running working and if someone can show me how to add B moves to an alloy (Trying to make him use B to shoot like fox's blaster) and a thread on how to use PSA i will gradually appreciate it...

humble

Smash Ace
I am going to try an attempt to make Saki playable, right now I replaced him over Red Alloy and I fixed his waiting, turning, and jumping animation....I'm trying to get walking and running working and if someone can show me how to add B moves to an alloy (Trying to make him use B to shoot like fox's blaster) and a thread on how to use PSA i will gradually appreciate it...
It isn't possible currently.

LSDX

Wah!
Too much work on Pokemon being done, I want to see more results from characters like Isaac and Little Mac.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is quite **** awesome! Im just waiting for a stable version of Meta Ridley and news on normal Ridley.

Hyperstar96

Smash Rookie
I used those Alloy codes, and now my game freezes whenever I do My Music for Battlefield. It also freezes almost every time I play on Battlefield. Can somebody tell me why this is happening? Btw, I only have one BRSTM on that stage, and it works fine.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
As far as i know, no models from other games work yet :/ Ill pm you what i got as soon as i can.
TMNT: Smash Up uses a lot of the same formats as Brawl, as it came from some of Brawl's developers. Why WOULDN'T they start with a format they worked with for so long?

I've wanted to try to put Casey Jones on Ike... that would be amazing.

If only I could find a copy of the game...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Meowth looks like he might work for somebody. I'm now looking a for a suitable placement for him.

Edit: Change of plans. Sign me up for Groudon over Olimar... If I can fix the random crashes.
Groundon probably crashes because the animation is calling for either the wrong bone or a bone that doesn't exist. Olimar is picking up the Pikmin in his SB, right? I would look into that to see what bones in his hand are being used to pick them up.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
good and bad news for hoppip

the good is almost all the animations before the attack animations is done.
the bad is all the bones is in the leafs and tail so it is a bit hard to make animations that are different for the other of his animations D: (mean body, legs and arms)

I used those Alloy codes, and now my game freezes whenever I do My Music for Battlefield. It also freezes almost every time I play on Battlefield. Can somebody tell me why this is happening? Btw, I only have one BRSTM on that stage, and it works fine.
that happend for me too o.o only in "my music"
with and without gecko D:

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been gone a long time...

Just coming back to let you know that I'm gonna be resuming where I left off with the Devil!

Oh ok, well thanks for telling me...hope we can add B moves to Alloys soon....
I'm gonna try to do that the same way I did taunts. Should be easy!

humble

Smash Ace
*follows weegee*

Oh, and I think you guys should post some more screenies, so we can all stare in awe at your projects. Pokemon or not, any new character is a new character, so I look forward to it regardless.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
SCREENIES!! NOW! and videos. That would also be nice.

Yea, can't wait for the devil. And boy, you sure sound confident, Weegee. I HOPE TO GOD YOU SUCCEEED.

....BIG WORDS LOL

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
*follows weegee*
Actually, I'm also gonna do work in KC:MM, too. You should check your replies.

Yea, can't wait for the devil. And boy, you sure sound confident, Weegee. I HOPE TO GOD YOU SUCCEEED.

....BIG WORDS LOL
Why, yes, I am more confident. After my time away, I gained quite a bit of PSA and Brawlbox skill, and am able to do work much better than before.

I NEED to succeed. It is definitely needed for Alloys to have specials.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Your Devil is awesome. If he could dodge and block, I'd say that he's OP for sure. FThrow and DTilt are the best attacks ever

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Alright then! Just hanging around seeing what everyone is up to. I still owe you guys a beta... Oh well.

Anyways, I was just thinking with my genius mind, has anyone figured out a way to extract and replace bones... -_-

Seriously, I don't know why this hasn't occurred to any of us as far as I know, but if we can figure it out (Or possibly request it in the next BrawlBox), then pretty much all of our model breakages will be over...

I had the thought a while ago, I just never brought it up. But for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, let me explain in simple terms. I will be using Knuckles as an example because he sucks and has no bones.

Knuckles (Knuckles Bones) > Sonic = Failure
-This is because Knuckles doesn't have the correct bone IDs, and cannot successfully go on top of Sonic. I am pretty sure we have a good description somewhere about how this works.

Knuckles (Sonic's Bones) > Sonic = Possible Win!
-Well obviously Sonic can use his own bones... It would just be like throwing a costume on him to make him look like Knuckles. And of course with our skills, we could fix the model up so that it looks normal, make animations, PSA, etc, bam, new character. In theory (in my theory anyways) we could theoretically put anything on top of anyone. I might just be crazy though, and the bones might super not line up do to the sudden polygon swap or something, and this only occurred to me as I finished writing this.

Regardless, it is worth a shot, and I am going to be trying it. Let me know if you have any info.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Time for another huge *** post!

Okay.

There is a PSA Guide thread.

Its because the codes I put in the OP don't have everything needed, I knew I should have put up my own instead of those ones. I'll do that sometime soon, but right now you need those music fix codes.

TMNT: Smash Up uses a lot of the same formats as Brawl, as it came from some of Brawl's developers. Why WOULDN'T they start with a format they worked with for so long?

I've wanted to try to put Casey Jones on Ike... that would be amazing.

If only I could find a copy of the game...
Models from other games do not work, even if they have the same format.

Knuckles (Knuckles Bones) > Sonic = Failure
-This is because Knuckles doesn't have the correct bone IDs, and cannot successfully go on top of Sonic. I am pretty sure we have a good description somewhere about how this works.

Knuckles (Sonic's Bones) > Sonic = Possible Win!
-Well obviously Sonic can use his own bones... It would just be like throwing a costume on him to make him look like Knuckles. And of course with our skills, we could fix the model up so that it looks normal, make animations, PSA, etc, bam, new character. In theory (in my theory anyways) we could theoretically put anything on top of anyone. I might just be crazy though, and the bones might super not line up do to the sudden polygon swap or something, and this only occurred to me as I finished writing this.
I don't know if you know this, but BigSharkZ has been doing a lot of this. (E.g. Tetra out of Toon Link.)

Top Bottom