• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, and to think, much of this was triggered by my plan to make a crappy SSE troop playable... Just doing my usual checkup to see if we have discovered anything ground breakingly new, because the workshop has become too crowded for my tastes.

Oh, and Shifter, feel free to clean out all my Machinima project ones. I am still working on them, but they just take up space.
Fortwaffles is adding bones to models.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Finally headed home for spring break, which means finally access to my wii ^^!!!

Will be starting work on Little Mac as soon as i get there ^^, thanks Fortwaffles!

Edit: I just saw the project thread. How ironic, beat to the punch on Little Mac X3

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
once you add bones, do you go and rename all the new ones to match with the model you are using?

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Huh, finally. Got Gray Fox to work on Brawl; been trying to do that since I learned about model swapping back in November. Now, I'm not entirely sure if I want to replace a Alloy with him though. Are Olimar and Mario the two characters that most people are having the most success in swapping?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Huh, finally. Got Gray Fox to work on Brawl; been trying to do that since I learned about model swapping back in November. Now, I'm not entirely sure if I want to replace a Alloy with him though. Are Olimar and Mario the two characters that most people are having the most success in swapping?
Olimar and Pikachu, I believe. Also, don't quite count on it working completely; I finally got Roader to load, but he only shows up when you have a Smash Ball.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Wait, nevermind
I can't load up Gray Fox over Red Alloy when playing in VS mode, only in Training.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I put Tails over Sonic. In Brawlbox, it was fine, but in game...

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Well, at least the game didn't freeze.

And then, for some reason, a blackout happened.

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Well I was trying to put Isaac over Lucario with the bone adder (only for fun) but I have the same problem as Razanak7.

The other thing that happened to me is that when I use any of the Throw moves there is a texture glitch just like the ones produced by the bone deleter, maybe it has something to do with the fact it add bones to the ThrowN chain? Maybe if the bone adder could add bones to another one could fix the problem?

EDIT: Sorry if I can't express me better.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I've officially begun work on Hammer Bro. I'm having trouble adding enough bones to go over Yoshi, which was my intention. I'll probably put him over Popo instead.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I've officially begun work on Hammer Bro. I'm having trouble adding enough bones to go over Yoshi, which was my intention. I'll probably put him over Popo instead.
Good luck I hope you do better then I did

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Is there a way to get the alloys on the character select screen? I downloaded a couple new characters but the only one that is on the select screen is Knuckle Joe (Mario). I tried to install Geno and Naruto, but they replaced Ike and Toon Link. I really would rather not have the new characters replace old ones. Can anyone help me?

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
Mr weegee can you please pm that tails because im tired of the tails texture i have right now the freakin texture glitch so can you please pm that tails please!

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know what causes the game to freeze when model swapping? I'm talking about a freeze that specifically happens after choosing a stage in Versus mode and does that annoying sound.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Good luck I hope you do better then I did
Thankyou ^^!

Well work on the character appears to be going well... unfortunately while i was away at school my sister UPDATED THE WII ><!!! Well you'll all have screenshots once this catastrophy is over

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Awesome ! But it replaces Ike ? It would be better if it replace Marth, cause Grey Fox is a fast character.
=_________=

Who replaces who won't matter eventually. Just be happy you're getting new characters.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
=_________=

Who replaces who won't matter eventually. Just be happy you're getting new characters.
In some cases it matters.. Cloud and Naruto are going on Ike already so Grey Fox should probably be moved to marth just so ike can get some room to breathe

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
just want to update

hoppip is just fine, the attacks is soon finish :3
fixed a bit on solarbeam too x3

anyway, have 3 character more I want to work on

Driblim over ??? (dont know yet but I think over olimar)

Dusknoir over ??? (dont know, maybe luigi or ness)

popperant (present enemy from SSE) over ??? (believe over samus here)

some suggestions over the character they will be replaced? :3

and brawlshifter? if you see this, can you update the OP? :3

Razanak7

Smash Ace
just want to update

hoppip is just fine, the attacks is soon finish :3
fixed a bit on solarbeam too x3

anyway, have 3 character more I want to work on

Driblim over ??? (dont know yet but I think over olimar)

Dusknoir over ??? (dont know, maybe luigi or ness)

popperant (present enemy from SSE) over ??? (believe over samus here)

some suggestions over the character they will be replaced? :3

and brawlshifter? if you see this, can you update the OP? :3
Dusknoir should go over Ganondorf, so he can have the dark graphics and such.

And I suggest Poppant over Toon Link, since he has so many articles for the items, and the sword glow, in case you need it.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
um, for some reason i can't get my model to work. it worked at first, froze, i went to resize it and re-name textures, can't get it to work in game at all now. help?

EDIT:nvm, i fixed it...somehow.

my main concern nao is why it freezes at results screen. do i just need to give it an animation?

EDIT: okay, it only works on norfair. maybe because i have it as a hacked stage?

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Alloys can throw fine, what game are you playing? :/
I thought there were certain things they couldn't do, with grabbing being one of those. Maybe it was grabbing the edge. Soooo, what can't they do again? Shield? I've never used alloys anyway, I'm just asking because it would help new characters who are ported over alloys. But my point is moot apparently.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I thought there were certain things they couldn't do, with grabbing being one of those. Maybe it was grabbing the edge. Soooo, what can't they do again? Shield? I've never used alloys anyway, I'm just asking because it would help new characters who are ported over alloys. But my point is moot apparently.
Alloys can't shield, grab ledges, use specials, taunt, climb ladders, or use items.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
okay, my model only works in norfair, but still freezes at the end of the match. any other stage will freeze without the match starting. is there something i am doing wrong? replaced pika with rotom. i gave it enough bones. i RLY need help. iz there something i did wrong?

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
Can someone please tell me how mr. weegee took tails head and tails off in m and s olympic winter games then put it on sonic, or who ever can do it pm it please!!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Alloys can't shield, grab ledges, use specials, taunt, climb ladders, or use items.
I'm making Yami from TvC / Okami, so maybe putting Yami over an alloy would be a good idea, because a giant ball can't hold items or grab ledges or climb ladders, and a shield wouldn't be necessary, and taunts wouldn't really work. However, Yami comes with 3 forms, so maybe I could put them over the Pokemon of Pokemon Trainer, so when you kill the first form, you fight the second form and so on.

Nevermind now can anyone tell me how to lighten up textures.
I believe it has something to do with the env textures? Try making them all white or all black or something. Or maybe try just lightening up the textures by just brightening them up, maybe that'll work.

Also, I have a problem resizing Yami's first and third forms using Fortwaffles' model resizer. A small black window appears and just disappears instead of going into that "1 out of 59" state. And then it appears on my taskbar, but never closes itself, so I assume that it's still working, but it doesn't work. What should I do?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
YES!!!!

I got his M&SOWG head and tails on!

*tails on sonic picture*
Okay I know you can't get Tails' actual brawl model to work on Sonic but could you at least fix Sonic's body textures so that the shoes look right and his body is the right shade of color. Tails' head is not the same color as Sonic's orange body in that picture.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Okay I know you can't get Tails' actual brawl model to work on Sonic but could you at least fix Sonic's body textures so that the shoes look right and his body is the right shade of color. Tails' head is not the same color as Sonic's orange body in that picture.
Well, Sonic has an env texture that changes depending on the stage, as well as the head having the light/dark problem, so even changing the textures might not help much.

Top Bottom