• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
i cant waittt for this =)....whos good that wants a partner for both events o_0..?

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Still say we have Brawl crews, cause Melee Crews looked soo **** fun, but I suck so bad at Melee that I had to miss out on it.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
hooooooooo yeayh

sago brawl teams???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get ready for ganon.

yo. mm my kirby in all 3 smash games

also mm my link in melee

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure i'm going to this., Tink. So i'll team with you in Brawl and possibly melee if you want.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I am pretty sure I have spring break during that weekend, so I am going to try to make it to this. I would prefer Fri/Sat myself, but whatever.

Oshkosh is about a 3 hr drive from the Cities right?

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
But brawl crews would be different, and would suck. Mainly because Brawl singles aren't fun to watch.
That is an opinion. I think they are really fun to watch, especially since most of the people who played Brawl at FBT4 did not all use top tiers, so it is really cool to see the different strategies.

Ulti it takes 5 hours to get from The Twin Cities to Oshkosh.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Here's a list of stuff that I'll be doing tomorrow:

1. Adding Sunday. If we get Sunday added, I have decided that I'm going to make it Friday setup, Saturday Brawl, Sunday Melee. I don't want to force anybody to skip school on Friday if they don't want to.

2. Negotiating prices. With Sunday, we are looking at over $1,000 in venue fees, ouch. But that's because I'm tacking a lot of amenities on for you guys, like over $300 of it is drinks and equipment rentals. The $900+ Pepsi Fund sponsorship that I applied for will be a godsend if we get it, but in the meantime I want to keep costs as low as possible. The staffing fees are the largest offender, so I might as well try to at least talk those down a bit.

3. Fundraiser Monthlies? With such high venue fees, I can look into renting just one room to run one-day Brawl tournies sometime in January and February, and save the extra venue fees for FBT6, or maybe even save some of the pot if people don't mind. Plus, who doesn't like tournies??

4. Sponsorships. GameCrazy was a great resource for setups at HJ4, I'm sure we can get something worked out for FBT6. We're renting out 5 27'' TV's and the huge projector from UWO, so best case scenario would be GC providing a solid 6 extra setups for both days (I doubt they have 6 melee discs, but humor me on this one). I probably wont have time to pursue other sponsorships tomorrow but GC has my priority considering how likely a sponsorship is.

5. Get the website up. Actually Wafles is doing most of this. Thanks Wafles :falco:

Thanks everyone for your interest so far, and I'm going to keep doing everything I can to make this a great tournament :bee:

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Here's a list of stuff that I'll be doing tomorrow:

1. Adding Sunday. If we get Sunday added, I have decided that I'm going to make it Friday setup, Saturday Brawl, Sunday Melee. I don't want to force anybody to skip school on Friday if they don't want to.

2. Negotiating prices. With Sunday, we are looking at over $1,000 in venue fees, ouch. But that's because I'm tacking a lot of amenities on for you guys, like over $300 of it is drinks and equipment rentals. The $900+ Pepsi Fund sponsorship that I applied for will be a godsend if we get it, but in the meantime I want to keep costs as low as possible. The staffing fees are the largest offender, so I might as well try to at least talk those down a bit.

3. Fundraiser Monthlies? With such high venue fees, I can look into renting just one room to run one-day Brawl tournies sometime in January and February, and save the extra venue fees for FBT6, or maybe even save some of the pot if people don't mind. Plus, who doesn't like tournies??

4. Sponsorships. GameCrazy was a great resource for setups at HJ4, I'm sure we can get something worked out for FBT6. We're renting out 5 27'' TV's and the huge projector from UWO, so best case scenario would be GC providing a solid 6 extra setups for both days (I doubt they have 6 melee discs, but humor me on this one). I probably wont have time to pursue other sponsorships tomorrow but GC has my priority considering how likely a sponsorship is.

5. Get the website up. Actually Wafles is doing most of this. Thanks Wafles :falco:

Thanks everyone for your interest so far, and I'm going to keep doing everything I can to make this a great tournament :bee:

Awesome ideas. TVs are always the hardest thing for people to bring, so renting them seems like a great idea.

you should try to have the projector projecting the contents of a TV instead of using it as a tv, that would be better for players. what do you think?

Wafles

Smash Lord
The only complaints i really heard about the projector were during the daytime before we dimmed the lights way down. Otherwise there was no input problems, and it looked and felt fine (I was playing on it a lot during brawl day at fbt4), but if we have an extra tv i see no harm in looping it through there.

Bil

Smash Ace
The only complaints i really heard about the projector were during the daytime before we dimmed the lights way down. Otherwise there was no input problems, and it looked and felt fine (I was playing on it a lot during brawl day at fbt4), but if we have an extra tv i see no harm in looping it through there.
It's true about the projector, I felt like Ray Charles.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
My experience was that it was fine for friendlies, but for the crew battle it was awful to try and play on jungle japes. I had to turn my head to go from watching myself to watching for the fish to watching my opponent (which wasn't effective). I felt handicapped by the hugeness of the display. Not a huge deal, just something that would be nice for the crew battle at least, where we wouldn't need the TV for something else anyway.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
It's possible to set it up like that, but would require either a composite splitter or a TV with output if we want to record the footage as well, so we should be able to do that.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
If I bring my TV (most likely because it's small and high res and I'd only not bring it if there's no room), it has composite output.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I added Sunday, I talked $250 off of the staffing fees, we'll probably get all of the drinks for free, and I was told that the Pepsi Fund has a year's worth of money to give out next semester so I'll "have no problems getting the money". So even though we wont know for SURE whether or not the Pepsi Fund goes through until the middle of February, I'm very optimistic. Today was a good day :)

I'm at school right now so I'll edit the thread to reflect the changes tonight.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Oh ****.

I had to say, you had me pretty **** nervous about the money thing yesterday spikes, but I'm now pretty **** optimistic about it.

Still feel like hosting a small Fudge5 in early Feb or something?

Edit: is damn really that bad of a word?

Zicore

Smash Champion
I know cosmo has a splitter as well, so that would be fun for teams to be playing on two big TV's or something.

Zicore

Smash Champion
put two TV's back to back for teams finals. Not so cramped, and its not so crowded in the back when EVERYONE is trying to watch 1 tv...

Eggz

Smash Hero
Eggz does that mean you are coming to my house LOL?

I hope this all works out cuz I have school n ****t.

Edit: Get the east side of the country to go too LOL if they would go to kansas they will go to this..

the only thing that makes this look bad is that its on a fri-sat instead of sat-sun.
idk i might just go straight there if your gonna ***** and john about school *****

Wafles

Smash Lord
put two TV's back to back for teams finals. Not so cramped, and its not so crowded in the back when EVERYONE is trying to watch 1 tv...
Or we could just use the projector with a TV like we initially said. *facepalm*

Edit: Get the east side of the country to go too LOL if they would go to kansas they will go to this..
When we get the website up and start requiring registration, we'll post this on the EC and Southwest forums. =D

Zicore

Smash Champion
Or we could just use the projector with a TV like we initially said. *facepalm*

When we get the website up and start requiring registration, we'll post this on the EC and Southwest forums. =D
or you can stop being a douche considering it was only a suggestion. They had them at FC, and I thought it was really cool to just be able to talk to your partner and not have the risk of them overhear your strats, givin you are using them like that.

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
not a bad idea if there is a splitter, but the problem is if the matches are recorded like last time, then we couldn't use the splitter and still record, unless we had two.

and i didn't feel wafles was being a douche, just saying that a large screen solves the crowded problem.

but perhaps a screen that big has problems of its own, tho i didn't notice in my falcon vs oldmanandorf money match.

Bil

Smash Ace
Since I also have splitters... We could do back to back TV's, which would be great for communication between teams, AKA whispering and the other team not hearing, AND have it go to the projector. However the brightness in the TV's would get darker and darker, each time being split. Oh wait I'm not coming v_v. I honest to god just wrote out of that thinking i was coming.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yo paul...... relax bro

sago lets do a cave story speedrun mm! like 2 bucks lmao yes. medium ending (no sky dragon, no ballos) i bet ud win probably i gotta get back into shape!!1

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I think the 2 tvs thing is a cool idea, and so is the projector idea, heres how i see it.

2 tv idea: cooler for the people that are playing

projector idea: cooler for the people that are watching

both at same time if even possible: ****

XD

Tink

Smash Hero
i dont like the big projector at all...my eyes are bad, and its way to big for me to focus on it all....idk if im the only one with this problem <_<....but it sux....

also, the 2 TVs are one of the BEST ideas anyone has ever had....and at FC when it was tried, recieved great acclaim so.....defff think its worth doin.

edit: the team talk is soooo awesome with the tvs split....you can actually communicate strategys midgame and not have the other team catching what your saying.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
hey tink, for the projector keep in mind that someone would be bringing a splitter, so you would be able to play by watching the tv, but the crowd can see easier by watching the projector.

IMO 2 tv > projector though, player preference > audience preference. cuz people can watch it on youtube if they just want to watch close up haha.

Edit: Projector for crew stuff for sure though XD

Edit again: hey tink jock this up with kansas give it some hype <3!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
you guys are talking about 2 tvs and projector + tv as if both aren't possible. If someone has a splitter, they could split the signal from 2 tvs (one being mine with composite out) which would allow for composite out to the projector. The two split signals would be the same latency, and the projector would be very slightly lagged i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom