• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
you guys are talking about 2 tvs and projector + tv as if both aren't possible. If someone has a splitter, they could split the signal from 2 tvs (one being mine with composite out) which would allow for composite out to the projector. The two split signals would be the same latency, and the projector would be very slightly lagged i think.
Yes, it is possible, but without something that would amplify the signal, it would look worse and worse with each split, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkFd1YxdNG8

We did the 2 TV split for CC4, and it was also fed into a computer, and it looked pretty god**** bad. Imagine how bad it would look split to a 4th source as well. It probably worked better at FC because Bach had a ton of A/V equipment at his disposal.

The best way I can think of to do it would probably be, crews can be a cube into a TV with output, with the output going into Projector+Computer. Teams can just be 2 tv's with one going into a computer, no projector. So we need 2 setups that will be there the entire weekend, that have output. I'm actually guessing the TV's from UWO will work for this -- I'll check next time I'm in.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
so it's down to $750 without the sponsorships?

already sounding better.

Emily, just remember to either A. Not ripoff too many companies at once (lol subway) or B. Take the best deal that isn't a ripoff but is still favors you :p

and for the sake of repetition....BAJA BLAST

Wafles

Smash Lord
so it's down to $750 without the sponsorships?

already sounding better.

Emily, just remember to either A. Not ripoff too many companies at once (lol subway) or B. Take the best deal that isn't a ripoff but is still favors you :p

and for the sake of repetition....BAJA BLAST
The costs are a little tricky, and 750 isn't the exact figure, but yeah, we're at a more reasonable price now.

Who wants to team with me for Brawl? =o

Zicore

Smash Champion
peach/Ganon/Zelda I can do in teams. I can go luigi, but I don't think that would be the best idea.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Just got off the phone with GameCrazy, their manager is very open to providing setups. He said he doesn't have many Wii's due to the holiday season, but once Christmas ends and people start trading them in, he'll lend as many as he has. He guaranteed me at least the store's Wii so I'm gonna throw that on the setup list.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'd definitely be satisfied with 3, anything past that would be great. Max I'd ask for would be 5 because that's how many open TV's we're getting from UWO (not including the projector because there appears to be some preference against having it used as a sole setup).

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Ahhhh nice. It seems like this tournament is going to be even better than the last one, and the last one was fun. :p I never played on the projector, but sometimes if I switch from a small screen to a big screen or vice versa I get screwed up, so I can see that happening. Although, I'm sure if you've played on a projector before it wouldn't be hard, I like having it there.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't even know if I'm going to do doubles this time. I like the idea of the singles at 15$, and I was accompanied by a not so helpful teammate last time. x_x

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
this tournament seems interesting. any chance i could run calibur 4 on friday or whatever day has like nothing going on (i assume fri or sun), if someone brings a set up?

i mean i need a game i can win in...LOL!

but regardless, i've been meaning to come to one of 8teenSPIKES (lol) tournaments...eventually. and this seems like it has a lot of potential to be great.

quaz, u want some company in the car...cause i'd love to go wit yha.

tapion...i'm gonna need someone to talk to at the tournament...lol! but zicore is the king of telling stories...lmfao.

oh ****, am i gonna be kickin it wit da sparrow again...****in epic.

cosimodo (cosmo)...calibur? of course right! :bee:

and then there will be people that meet me for the first time...and I can't wait to here..."OMFG!!!"

tink and big c. u know i can't forget about u ni99as!!! we should kick it hard for sure!

good times to come...

oh and NO DRAGMIRE, i didn't forget about the sexy time crew (you, seifer, and your brother) LOL :p

Wafles

Smash Lord
lol Brawl crews would take up a whole day

Winona should be there, and I know I'll need a teammate for teams
24 Stocks take an hourish, which seems reasonable.

Spikes suggested that we do Brawl Team Crews. I think this idea is amazing, as teams are much better to watch. Brawl singles could get lame, and we don't want lame crews. =)

Also, I'm open to a little SC4 on Friday. I'll have to practice. =)
360 or PS3?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Spikes suggested that we do Brawl Team Crews. I think this idea is amazing, as teams are much better to watch. Brawl singles could get lame, and we don't want lame crews. =)
360 or PS3?
yea, it also means C RAZY counterpicking possibilities :lick: we'll have to figure out a way to make it fair and draft up some rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom