• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe

Smash Master
Great Tournament! Very nicely run Spikes (shoutouts at the results thread when it appears)

no problems with it aside from controllers that were stolen and adding a type of restriction of ICs chaiingrab mid tourney after Lain had arrived (Btw **** Lain but props to him to winning the tourney anyway with DDD)

I'll prolly come to the next one of these.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
It was supposed to be $250 but 28 people who signed up never showed, including all of MN :urg:

congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who actually did show up :hunger: I hope you had fun cause I thought it was a great tournament.
No one from MN showed because every single one of our drivers backed out. And I almost had a ride to this too. I could've met lain, for crying out loud.

Anyway, congrats to lain for winning singles. I don't know how many matches you used your ICs in compared to your D3, but I'm sure you still proved just how tournament-viable they can be.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I don't think he used IC's at all, that I recall. he went D3 and marth the whole time I saw. He played him a couple times in friendlies, but that was it.

Arty

Smash Lord
Is anybody missing a silver Cynic flash drive? I found it wrapped up in my sleeping bag.
So if anyone is missing it PM me, so I can mail it back or something...

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i think lain went ics a few times.. i don't really know i didn't watch i just remember seeing the ics on the projector chain grabbing someone.

anyways people who steal controllers are lame.
and somehow i have an extra AVI cable for the wii... anyone missing one?

some shoutouts:
Tapion: i should have had your pit but i freaking suicided at the end x_x; oh well it was still pretty tough and probably better then ky's pit. (i didn't really mind that you beat me just i hated that i lose because of a suicide to your pit.)

ook: thanks for riding with me so i didn't have to drive by myself the whole way.

hunger: good seeing you again, hope to see you next week at chicago.

lone: you had a pretty good jigglypuff but i'm still surpised you beat kirbycpok considering i won one round with mk against you.

joker: sorry again for getting so upset, it was just annoying having to go from one snake player to another when i didn't know the match up well enough but thanks for the friendlies i think i learned a few things.

raid: thanks for letting me follow you home and lol @ you catching up to me (did you see the police man on the left because i was like.. hmm i hope raid doesn't speed to catch up to me because of him.)

arty: sorry about teams i kinda gave up against quik and scythe and just went mk... also i was tired and wanted a nap.

quik: good job getting second and that time out against lain was great. XD too bad lain was there otherwise you would have gotten 1st most likely.

scythe: good job mind gaming arty into using luigi against you first game and going on to win against him. XD

veggie: good seeing you there, forgot you were going in raid's car.

ficha: good luck with your samus.. i still have yet to play it.

sago: wow i did horrible against you in that mm but i guess that's what i get for not thinking you improved at all. anyways good luck with mk

lain: why do i see you at like every tournament i go to? you drive way to far so you don't have to play anther in ICs dittos in finals. lol

thinkaman: you have a good jigglypuff and dam is it annoying trying to use mk against it.

18spikes/wafles: good job running the tournament it went pretty smooth, wafles i'm glad i could help you with tio.

anyone i missed: sorry this is the first time i've done shoutouts.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Shout-outs:
ook: Congrats on placement and thanks for whooping me.
Quik: One frame victory. Don't care if I lost, that was epic.
Jordan: Team Real Team for life.
Fatboy: That was a helllllla gallant tech on Green Greens.
Grimace: Wish we had a chance to play more than in pools.
Rofa: Thanks for tornadoing me out of air release?

Zicore

Smash Champion
Tourey was too good. Glad to see everyone again. It was awesome hanging out with lain/rofa and everyone.

Someone snagged my melee/mem card. It was in the little tiny TV to the left of the projector along the back wall. If you have it, could you please mail it to me? Its not even mine =/

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So, way too much is going to remain unsaid unless I go ahead and do it for everyone who won't say the things that need to be said.

I think this tournament was run terribly. Some of the organization was complete and utter bs. First of all when we had enough people to run a 64 man bracket why would we not do that? Fine still do pools but do that for seeding purposes. I think people didn't realize the fact that some people drove anywhere from 6-9 hours to come to this for them to get screwed in pools and not make the brackets.

Pools were ridiculous. Of the seven Iowans four got put in pools with other Iowans. But wait wasn't there seven pools? Why the f*ck weren't the Iowans spread out between pools? Ok lets move onto team pools of the three Iowa teams two were put in one pool, when I went to ask to get that switched after they had already moved around other Wisconsin teams I was ignored and basically told to deal with it.

The brackets were even worse in my opinion. Jordan, Kit, and Cook(asc) made the brackets. Jordan played cook first round and the winner played Kit. Come on. They even asked to get it switched and were ignored. I played one of the four Iowans who moved on in my second round. But yet the brackets get switched for Hunger and Tapion and some others that I can't remember right now.

I met some cool people at this tournament but I also met a lot of elitist pricks. I'll remember this about Wisconsin. That's what is awesome about places like Iowa and Missouri and even Minnesota. Everyone from those places are nice people, that don't talk **** during matches, look down on people they may not have "heard" of, or throw **** when they lose. Sure some of us may be sarcastic but we aren't *******s like quite a few of the people I met at this tournament.

I'm so glad that Asc is running the next midwest circuit because that means it won't be run so god awful. I'm sure most of the Wisconsin people won't bother to come despite the fact that we went there but I don't really care. I wasn't really that impressed by what I saw from the Wisconsin people, No Koast had so much more talent it is ridiculous. Unless things are going to be different next time count me and probably all of Iowa out for future events in Wisconsin.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lain: Your IC's were hawt, and from what I saw so was your D3. I couldn't stay to root for you in finals but congrats on 1st. Thanks for friendlying me, keep up the ****.

Rofa: Friendlies in B+ were fun, didn't get to play you in regular singles. Thanks for helping Razor on MK stuff.

Fatty: Fun friendlies in B+, and also good set in doubles. Glad you enjoyed the setup.

Missouri: Less than three you all. Thanks for cheering me up after I didn't make it out of pools. Also congrats to Jordan and Kit on their placings in doubles, your team is the realest lol.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
When the full Brackets rankings are posted I'll update the circuit points accordingly in the main MWC-W thread.

(Congratulations Eighteenspikes on the tourney going relatively smoothely, we'll be in touch)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
So, way too much is going to remain unsaid unless I go ahead and do it for everyone who won't say the things that need to be said.

I think this tournament was run terribly. Some of the organization was complete and utter bs. First of all when we had enough people to run a 64 man bracket why would we not do that? Fine still do pools but do that for seeding purposes. I think people didn't realize the fact that some people drove anywhere from 6-9 hours to come to this for them to get screwed in pools and not make the brackets.

Pools were ridiculous. Of the seven Iowans four got put in pools with other Iowans. But wait wasn't there seven pools? Why the f*ck weren't the Iowans spread out between pools? Ok lets move onto team pools of the three Iowa teams two were put in one pool, when I went to ask to get that switched after they had already moved around other Wisconsin teams I was ignored and basically told to deal with it.

The brackets were even worse in my opinion. Jordan, Kit, and Cook(asc) made the brackets. Jordan played cook first round and the winner played Kit. Come on. They even asked to get it switched and were ignored. I played one of the four Iowans who moved on in my second round. But yet the brackets get switched for Hunger and Tapion and some others that I can't remember right now.

I met some cool people at this tournament but I also met a lot of elitist pricks. I'll remember this about Wisconsin. That's what is awesome about places like Iowa and Missouri and even Minnesota. Everyone from those places are nice people, that don't talk **** during matches, look down on people they may not have "heard" of, or throw **** when they lose. Sure some of us may be sarcastic but we aren't *******s like quite a few of the people I met at this tournament.

I'm so glad that Asc is running the next midwest circuit because that means it won't be run so god awful. I'm sure most of the Wisconsin people won't bother to come despite the fact that we went there but I don't really care. I wasn't really that impressed by what I saw from the Wisconsin people, No Koast had so much more talent it is ridiculous. Unless things are going to be different next time count me and probably all of Iowa out for future events in Wisconsin.
Wow.

lrn2TO WI

Chexr

Smash Ace
I think people didn't realize the fact that some people drove anywhere from 6-9 hours
lmao 6-9 hours thats it? We drove 20 hours through a blizzard to flatzone and only 20 people showed up. I dont want to ever see anyone complain about driving ever again.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Are you serious? Because You have to be kidding me. ASC told me himself he was from MO, not IA. I just checked his location, and it said MO. This tournament was run excellently. Seriously, MO and IA both came 2 HOURS late, and we had to hold up pools for them. 2 freaking hours. I left the venue at 1:30 Am because we had to wait for you guys to get here, when you came 2 hours late. Seriously. In my pool. I had one IA guy, 1 MO guy, and the rest were WI and IL. Quit your whining seriously. In my teams pool, I had either 1 or 2 IA teams, and 2 WI teams, and an IL team. Remember, we had only 4 pools, so we can't possibly split up all the teams perfectly. Spikes and Wafles worked their butts off getting a sponsor for the tourney, and making sure everything was done correctly. I saw no complaints from everyone, very easy for someone to talk smack on the internet, but if you had such a problem with it, I would have seen it easily at the tourney.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Are you serious? Because You have to be kidding me. ASC told me himself he was from MO, not IA. I just checked his location, and it said MO. This tournament was run excellently. Seriously, MO and IA both came 2 HOURS late, and we had to hold up pools for them. 2 freaking hours. I left the venue at 1:30 Am because we had to wait for you guys to get here, when you came 2 hours late. Seriously. In my pool. I had one IA guy, 1 MO guy, and the rest were WI and IL. Quit your whining seriously. In my teams pool, I had either 1 or 2 IA teams, and 2 WI teams, and an IL team. Remember, we had only 4 pools, so we can't possibly split up all the teams perfectly. Spikes and Wafles worked their butts off getting a sponsor for the tourney, and making sure everything was done correctly. I saw no complaints from everyone, very easy for someone to talk smack on the internet, but if you had such a problem with it, I would have seen it easily at the tourney.
Razor did complain about it. Also, Iowa woke up at 6AM, left at 7AM, and got there like 6-7 hours before pools. You don't know everything, easy to talk smack on the internet lol.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Razor did complain about it. Also, Iowa woke up at 6AM, left at 7AM, and got there like 6-7 hours before pools. You don't know everything, easy to talk smack on the internet lol.
My apologies about the IA thing, but I do know for sure a group from MO came very very late.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
My apologies about the IA thing, but I do know for sure a group from MO came very very late.
True, but Missouri posted ahead of time that they were coming late and even said that they should start pools without them and have them do their pools matches when they got there. I don't know why we waited up for them unless they really needed their money before assigning them pools or something. Either way it was already known they were going to show up pretty late.

And don't worry about it, we probably got lumped with Missouri a lot.

Scythe

Smash Master
If they started pools later then then they would have been all in the same pool and i think the TOs wanted to avoid that.

EDit: anyways the starting late thing wasn't as big as a problem as the 25 or so people who john'd out from coming.

Wafles

Smash Lord

Wow, are you ****ing serious?

Not everything can go your ****ing way. We had to change around a lot of other ****, and just because not everything worked out in your favor it's not my fault, nor eighteenspikes fault. There were 8 pools of 7-8 people. There were 59 entrants, and if you had to deal with one other iowan in your pool, you could have ****ing got over it.

Stop crying and deal with it. You weren't the most important person at this tournament, just because we didn't do absolutely everything you wanted doesn't mean that you have to throw a hissy fit and cry about it.

Also, if you drove 6-9 hours and didn't make it out of pools, that's not my fault. You wasted a trip to enter a tourney for a game that you're not that good at. We tried to balance the pools as best as possible. Tough ****ing cookies if everything didn't work out in your favor.

Iowa isn't the most important state in the Midwest, don't expect to be treated like it.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Howdee, y'all
Shoutouts

Being the only texas there felt awkward but kinda liked the attention. <3

Pipe: lol matches came close but mostly cause your link threw me off, who uses link?. but you should just drop that low tier character and not get your hands dirty with garbage.

shiva,shave? forgot your name sorry :/ that samus guy with a red shirt: again same thing as pipe.

hunger: your wario is ok but you need to work on it a bit more, too predictable.

blank: you had a mean kiirrby.

MO: was too real for this texas boy

baby joker: yo sanke was ok

everyone else: i forgot i guess you didn't left a big enough impression on texas but thats cause i am used to playing with a lot better players

lmao 6-9 hours thats it? We drove 20 hours through a blizzard to flatzone and only 20 people showed up. I dont want to ever see anyone complain about driving ever again.
Well from texas to iowa was about 17 hours plus 6 from iowa to WI so that was what? 23 hr? My drives > your drives
I say he can complain.

Well guys, I really wanna thank the Iowa folk for the ride. From texas to Iowa was brutal but you guys saved me a 6 hour drive to WI. You Iowa folk were a lot of fun to hang out with.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wow, are you ****ing serious?

Not everything can go your ****ing way. We had to change around a lot of other ****, and just because not everything worked out in your favor it's not my fault, nor eighteenspikes fault. There were 8 pools of 7-8 people. There were 59 entrants, and if you had to deal with one other iowan in your pool, you could have ****ing got over it.

Stop crying and deal with it. You weren't the most important person at this tournament, just because we didn't do absolutely everything you wanted doesn't mean that you have to throw a hissy fit and cry about it.

Also, if you drove 6-9 hours and didn't make it out of pools, that's not my fault. You wasted a trip to enter a tourney for a game that you're not that good at. We tried to balance the pools as best as possible. Tough ****ing cookies if everything didn't work out in your favor.

Iowa isn't the most important state in the Midwest, don't expect to be treated like it.
You're right, Wisconsin must be.

Bone's shoutouts are epiccc.

Wafles

Smash Lord
True, but Missouri posted ahead of time that they were coming late and even said that they should start pools without them and have them do their pools matches when they got there. I don't know why we waited up for them unless they really needed their money before assigning them pools or something. Either way it was already known they were going to show up pretty late.

And don't worry about it, we probably got lumped with Missouri a lot.
We waited for them because there was a terrible lack of communication on who exactly was coming. We were actually expecting two cars to come really late, and only one did.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Well from texas to iowa was about 17 hours plus 6 from iowa to WI so that was what? 23 hr? My drives > your drives
Who would drive from texas to wisconsin lmao thats ridiculous.. I think driving through a blizzard at 4am is still worse though. You got normal weather over there.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman

Hmm. . . . ***** more?

Also, sorry for all the quote replies

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
You're right, Wisconsin must be.

Bone's shoutouts are epiccc.
shut up, you can't make everyone happy and wafles is right if you suck at the game and drive that far you shouldn't complain when you don't make it out of pools. (i learned the hard way that you shouldn't fool around in pools.)

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
shut up, you can't make everyone happy and wafles is right if you suck at the game and drive that far you shouldn't complain when you don't make it out of pools. (i learned the hard way that you shouldn't fool around in pools.)
Pshaw i went dk/diddy in pools *wink*edit me in your shouts

Sago

Smash Lord
I think that this was a beautifuly run tournament. Not only did it have Free Soda, Free Housing, and Free Parking. But it had a 200 dollar out of state bonus. The venue was roomy and we had plenty of setups. My pool at 3 people from madison wisconsin so you cant really complain about that. And a 64 man bracket.....why would anyone do that. If you didnt make it out of pools then its not like you were going to win anyways...go play some friendlies or something. FANTASTIC TOURNAMENT. Iowa steals things from what i've heard alot of people are missing things and i heard them talking about taking controllers. Ill see you at the next circuit event prolly. Ill be the one not *****ing

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is why I quit playing brawl, this is the whole reason why I quit this game, people like you guys. I look at all your registered dates, and they all say 08 and 09. There is no problem signing up that late, but for you guys to say how WI hosts horrible tournies is a joke, you haven't even been around long enough to know anything about how good tournies in WI have been. Seriously, Spikes is a great host. I'd like to see MO or IA get a sponsorship from Pepsi. He took months planning this tourney, had wafles set up a website to help make the transition smoother, and here you guys come in and bash them, and claim how bad this was organzied.

I love how you all complain about pools, yet if we would have went straight to the bracket, you would have complained about not getting enough matches in and that there should have been pools to determine seeding. If spikes would have done pools and a 64-person bracket, this tourney would have taken even longer to run, and you would complain how this tournament was poorly run for time.

I find it funny that razor complained about how the bracket was so hard, when ASC, boneheimer, both got eliminated by WI players, not IA. If these players were so good, why were they losing to WI? Seriously, sago and grimace, TWO WI players, and top ones at taht, had to play eachother very early on. A lot of WI players did.

You guys know nothing of tourney experience, you've been around for barely a year, stuff happens, the tourney isn't always going to go your way, maybe there were a few bad things that could have been fixed, it happens, but for you to rant and complain when you just can't admit that maybe you're not as good as you thought you were? WI took swept teams 1st and 2nd. You can't john about that. You had a MO/IA team in Team Real team in winners finals, so you can't john on how it was unfair that WI rigged the brackets.

I went to Joker thread just to see what some of you were saying, and some of it was complete and utter garbage about how WI purposely sandbagged so others could get in. That's prob the gayest thing I've ever heard. You're making assumptions, on something that has no evidence.

I quit this game for the most part because of people like you. You come into the community, think you run the show, and badmout someone who put SO MUCH TIME into this tourney, and then make huge johns because you had to play someone from your state in a pool.

Good Riddance, Brawl sucks, Melee for life.

lain

Smash Master
I think the tourney was run very well, despite singles pools being played before teams which deterred players from coming back and entering doubles.

Thanks 18spikes and Wafles!!

shoutouts to come. maybe in the results thread if it comes.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace

no koast results:
1: UTD Zac - Game & Watch (split)
2: Dr. Mario Guy - Wario/Diddy(split)
3: Infinity - Meta Knight(split)
4: KY - Pit
5: Holms - Zero Suit Samus/Kirby
5: 8bit - Kirby
7: Bwett - Yoshi
7: Dphat - Marth/Meta Knight
no koast had texas people

FBT6:
Singles (of 59)
1. Lain $475 + $200
2. Quik $240
3. Ook $80
4. Tapion $15
5. Razor
5. Hunger
7. Rofa
7. Grimace
hmm, i dont see any texas (or iowa for that matter 'cept razor, who's tight as hell)

It's a great way to make people want to come to IA isn't it? ffs, dont tell WI they suck (even though they placed higher >_>) and then be like "hey guys, come to Iowa! ^_^"

Dont just start insulting spikes and wafles like that, seriously, that's like being housed by a dude, waking up to fresh homemade pancakes, then emptying the fridge and driving home just to say that the pancakes were burnt, gtfo.

***** more

edit: oh the irony, love ya razor, but i still think you're overreactingby a hell of a lot (see zicore's post for details why)

Zicore

Smash Champion
I say he can complain.
YOUR drive was 23 hours. There's wasn't You can ***** if you want. He can't. 6 hours is nothing. Its ~4 hours from my town to chicago, and I go a lot farther most of the time when I drive. Don't ***** about driving. Only makes you look like a tool beacuse if you were gonna ***** about it, don't go. SIMPLE!!!!

First things first. The curcuit gives points to people in a 32 man bracket, not a 64 man bracket. As much fun as it would be to have a 64 man bracket, it would contridict the curcuit points.

Next, if 4 out of the seven people who came from iowa got put into another pool with another iowan, that means that only 2 pools had 2 iowans. That is not a lot. I KNOW FOR A FACT that WI had loads of people from other parts of WI put into their bracket. Hell, Cosmo and Bil were in the same pool, and they live LITERALLY 2 minutes from eachother. So 2 people had to play eachother in another pool. Cry some more.

As for those 3 random people playing eachother first, thats just how brackets are made. That will happen to at least one person in brackets at any tourney. It happens. It just happened to be you this time. You can't blame WI for this.

Speaking of blaming WI, you shouldn't judge people based off of what happened in a bracket/pool/your mind. **** happens. Eighteen Spikes is one of the best TO's around, and has been doing this for a long time. Quit *****es. Seriously.

One last thing,

If you didn't suck, more of you would have made it out of pools. You can't get "screwed" in pools. How you place is how you place. Only YOU can decide if you make it out. BY PLAYING BETTER! HOLY CRAP! NOVEL CONCEPT! Its actually simple math.

Doing Better + Not Sucking = Better placing.

HOLY **** CRY MOAR PLZ K THANKS!

I heard this tournament was a piece of shit.
But its Brawl combined with Wisconsin I guess, watcha gonna do? :-P
You are from Nebraska. You are the second most useless state in this country.

You right, people driving for WI tourneys ridiculous.
Punctuation might have helped me here, but reading this, you are saying people going to WI to play smash is rediculous. If so, then why the **** did you come from ****ing TEXAS?!?!

but man, I have to hand it to you. Ridiculous is a big word to be used by someone from Texas. GG I suppose.

People should not *****. What happens happens. Nothing can be modified to fit everyones exact needs. Just because you traveled a little doesn't mean you should all be garunteed a spot in the bracket.

EXTREME SHOUTOUT!

Lain and Rofa were toooooo fun to chill with this weekend. Good **** lain for ******.

SUPER EDIT!: BetterthenBonds9 had the best post ever. You can ***** when you start placing top 8.

And yay to lone. He actually said something cool. And smart. In the same sentance. GG =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom