• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FF6 Mafia - GAME OVER! Mafia wins!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
We should get that ability claim from Seph before he's lynched. If he really flips hated townie with an ability, that claim will be an important clue to how the game is balanced. Which means L-2, because it only takes one person who didn't read the vote count to screw up L-1 before we hear a claim.
Vote: Nabe

@X1: Do you have a posting restriction? And if so, do you have to vote every post?
You know, i'm starting to think X1 has a posting restriction where he has to vote every post...
Don't give him the opportunity to live, btw. Scum attempting to stall out.
He's scum stalling obv.
You. =/
As if the parroting weren't bad enough, the posts you're parroting are on the same page as you. No attempt at even changing the wording. You're just letting your flag fly.

#HBC | Nabe

Guys don't ****ing lynch seph he's actually strago.
a) Why do you state that he's Strago like a fact? He made a claim, and it's either the truth or a lie.

b) His claim means he needs to go. Claimed hated townies can't make it to lylo, or else town loses.

Example: 5 players left, 2 scum, one SephMasa, two other townies. Scum both vote for SethMasa and win the game. Simple math.

Scum isn't going to kill him for us. He's either scum himself and made a bad fakeclaim, or he's what he claims, and scum isn't going to kill a hated townie claim for us. They know we need to waste a lynch.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
a) Why do you state that he's Strago like a fact? He made a claim, and it's either the truth or a lie.
It's the truth. I'll bet you all the money in my pocket he's Strago.

Should we lynch him now just because he's hated?

#HBC | Nabe

Should we lynch him now just because he's hated?
Yes. It's Day 1, and we know we need to waste a lynch on Seph. There is literally no better time. If you don't understand why this is true, say, "I don't understand why this is true."

No, I'm town. MK would you like me to claim?
=/ What is this even.

@MK: GSL = GLG + BSL? That's either a silly typo or a great acronym for people who support a GLG/BSL romance.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
No, I get becuase he's hated he can be lynched at l-1 meaning that if him, one other townie, and scum are alive on the last day then town loses because scum can just quick lynch him unless he and the other townie manage to lynch the scum before the scum even votes.

Do you support a romance with me and BSL?

#HBC | Nabe

No, I get becuase he's hated he can be lynched at l-1 meaning that if him, one other townie, and scum are alive on the last day then town loses because scum can just quick lynch him unless he and the other townie manage to lynch the scum before the scum even votes.
Then why are you arguing anything to the contrary? Do you also understand why Day 1 is the ideal time to waste a lynch?

Do you support a romance with me and BSL?
I supported Nabe/GLG up until right now when you started talking.
It's a bit like Draco/Hermione.
p.s. you're Hermione.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Because I don't think we need to go to lylo to win this game. I do understand today is the best day to waste a lynch.
Don't worry Nabe you and I are enemies.

In fact its more along the lines of you and bsl are draco/hermoine and I'm harry potter.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
J (2) - MOD, MOD
Dark Horse (2) - RocketPSIence, J,
X1-12 (1) - Sephiroths Masamune,
BSL (2) - giraffelasergun, Tandora,
Nabe (2) - Zen, Nabe
Meta-Kirby (1) - Xatres
Sephiroths Masamune (6) - Swiss, Vanderzant, X1-12, Meta-Kirby, Dark Horse, BSL

Not voting: Cello_Marl, InferiorityComplex,

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch
A deadline has been set for Tuesday, November 23rd at 3 p.m., EST.

Life

Smash Hero
/confused

So is Cello confirmed town? That's quite a foundation to build from.

Getting kicked off the comp, good night all.

#HBC | Nabe

Because I don't think we need to go to lylo to win this game.
This is a stupid assumption to make. Why take the chance?

If he's going, it needs to be today. It's not like a claimed miller where we hmm and hah every day about whether they get lynched or we let them go to LyLo. A claimed hated townie is lynched when they claim.

In fact its more along the lines of you and bsl are draco/hermoine and I'm harry potter.
A man can be vigged for that in my country.

@MK: Flavour aside, what do you think about this LyLo issue?

M.K

Level 55
Ask anyone, I don't even really pay attention to LyLo/MyLo until we are in that situation and I realize we are in LyLo/MyLo, then I become more cautious overall. Our job is to kill scum. Doing so, it won't matter what day we are in, we'll win the game. Kill scum, no matter what.

Is that the situation you are referring to? I mean, we're in D1 in a 16 person game....I don't think we're anywhere near that. O.o

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I don't like how Nabe is pushing for someone who may be town as D1 lynch in preparation of lylo. Wasn't a big fan of it when Cello mentioned it before, but at least he was wanting to keep a guy alive until then.

Now is not the time to be worried about Lylo. Now is the time to be worried about grabbing a scum player if possible.

I took my vote off Seph because I had doubts about him being scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
grrr i'm so annoyed. I have not been able to post that often in this game. I should be able to do a real post tomorrow I guess. I have been reading and someone is just screaming scum in my head.

Unvote
Vote: BSL

Until I can post more substancial stuff; Listen to the lovely X1-12 and Tandora.

Kupo!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
/sadface. i would ask why, but tandora might get mad at me. :awesome:

and you said youll post tomorrow. it can wait ;).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea fml i hate posting in this game. ;_;

*goes to sit in emo corner alone so he doesn't do anymore stupid stuff*

I mean seriously that has to be a record in one Day....T~T
Kupo!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
J has broken a posting restriction and has received a punishment.

J (3) - MOD, MOD, MOD
Dark Horse (1) - RocketPSIence,
X1-12 (1) - Sephiroths Masamune,
BSL (3) - giraffelasergun, Tandora, J,
Nabe (2) - Zen, Nabe
Meta-Kirby (1) - Xatres
Sephiroths Masamune (6) - Swiss, Vanderzant, X1-12, Meta-Kirby, Dark Horse, BSL

Not voting: Cello_Marl, InferiorityComplex,

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch
A deadline has been set for Tuesday, November 23rd at 3 p.m., EST.

M.K

Level 55
J and Tandora, explain why you aren't voting for Seph. Tanny, there should be no doubts. If you're willing to trust me (hard, yeah, but I assure he's scum) then we can D1 scum nab, which is on some new level ishhh.
J explain how you missed your post restriction in #661.

#HBC | Nabe

I don't like how Nabe is pushing for someone who may be town as D1 lynch in preparation of lylo.
But do you see how at some point, leaving him alive is going to become a problem? We can't afford to waffle over him as an issue every day. More below.

Now is not the time to be worried about Lylo. Now is the time to be worried about grabbing a scum player if possible.
Nah. Now is the time when town is hurt the least by a mislynch and can afford to get a liability out of the way. And he could be scum, so he fits your reasoning too.

Here's what happens Day 2 when we leave Seph alive:
"Should we lynch him yet?"
"Nah, we'll do it tomorrow."

And so on. It's exactly the same as do-we-or-don't-we claimed miller situations, in that we'll argue every day and it will distract from scumhunting, except in this case, we also know for a fact he's harmful to leave alive.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Find it interesting that Seph didn't full claim. Looks like he's given up and just hopes to stall. Someone tell me the significance of the character Strago, I have no idea about FF6. Still want him dead.

GLG dislike how you responded to his claim for reasons mentioned.

MK I like your aggressiveness but why you so sure all of a sudden? Is it flavour? Meta?

Wanna see what Nabe thought of Seph before the claim. Seems like an opportunist.

I'd like to get some thoughts from Xatres/Zen, but we shouldn't get distracted from this lynch.

Sorry for short posts, have a screaming headache.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@J: We need to know what you think of Nabe's alignment. Just tell us if you think he's town or not. It's very important.

@MK: I'm not Strago, nor do I know who is Strago. That actually was random.

@Vanderzant: Strago is a Blue mage, which means he probably absorbs powers that target him. MK probably thinks I fake-breadcrumbed Gau, and am actually Strago.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Unless MK actually is Strago and SephMasa decided to claim someone that wasn't his own character, in which case SephMasa deserves every bit of death that he's about to receive. Thank God Mentos isn't in this game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
itouch post just to answer a few things.

MK, do you have any reason to believe Seph is mafia besides flavor? BSL i believe is scum and i would love to point out why but can't at the current moment. Also why ask how I missed it? I'm just a moron and it slipped my mind when I made that tiny post. Really i'm just a moron with a useless restriction. Why is OS so mean? ;_; Kupo!

Cello, Nabe I believe is leaning on the scummy side for me. How could my opinion be of such dire importance?

Kupo!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
That's surprising. I thought you two were in a masonry.

Nabe is now suspicious for wanting to kill SephMasa for being hated when J has been effectively hated for a MUCH longer period of time. And J actually got his THIRD mod vote DURING the time that Nabe was saying SephMasa would be a good candidate for D1.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm going back to fill in a bunch of gaps I missed because I was interested in current events.

About Shadow's role, during the game he pops in and out of the party. Like, a lot. He's actually probably a Commuter of some sort. That being said, RPSI and Zen, if either of you are personally aware of any reason why I shouldn't target you, now is the time to say so.

Oh, DH actually did say that D1 hammering him kills people in #474. Why were people confused about that after then?

We're the 14 heroes from the game, plus 2 more. That's why attempting to use the flavor of "s/he's a hero!" is useless. Scum using a claim "provided" by someone else that's wrong would be stupid, since it would surely belong to someone else. GLG, DH, stop talking about that. It's a worthless avenue of information.

@GLG and DH: It's pretty obvious that you two won't be able to get along. I'm going to investigate one of you so the other knows you are town, ok? So drop it for now.

@GLG: You're Relm, Strago's granddaughter, which is why you know SephMasa is Strago. I'm assuming you are masons/neighbors. Check to see if your role PM EXPLICITLY states that you are aware that he is town. If not, we're lynching him. Besides, think about it; masons are strong enough without having any powers. Most roles so far have been restricted in same way. What's the likelihood that your partner would have a power on TOP of knowing for a fact that you are town? Same for you if you have a power.

@Nabe: Tanny is SephMasa's partner. That's why he lumped her in with Vand, me, and Swiss. Obscure our characteristics.

@BSL: Tan is scum, and DH is town, but those facts don't have anything to do with each other. Or at least, I didn't need to consider them to come to my conclusions.

If there are three mafia, it's definitely Tandora, SephMasa and RPSI. If four, it's probably...I dunno. The three mentioned for sure. Zen maybe?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If SephMasa gets lynched before I get back from work, think about a J/Nabe independent group.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Cello, I was saying that because there wouldn't be two roleblockers in the same faction.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
J and Tandora, explain why you aren't voting for Seph. Tanny, there should be no doubts. If you're willing to trust me (hard, yeah, but I assure he's scum) then we can D1 scum nab, which is on some new level ishhh.
J explain how you missed your post restriction in #661.
BSL is a much stronger scum target to me because he's doing classic scum play - not much actual contribution, johns, and "I'll post more later". The fact he did the exact same play recently only adds to my suspicions. I wanted to emphasis that by voting for him.

Additionally, Seph's play isn't great, but it doesn't reek of scum to me. He may be hesitant about giving information because he recently got his hand burned on giving away too much information. I see this as a player learning curve more than a scum play.

Also, his appeal to me of "Why aren't you playing more like you are in another game?" feels like a frustrated town statement more than a manipulative scum statement. I need to see more of Seph before I can feel comfortable lynching him.

@BSL: Tan is scum, and DH is town, but those facts don't have anything to do with each other. Or at least, I didn't need to consider them to come to my conclusions.

If there are three mafia, it's definitely Tandora, SephMasa and RPSI. If four, it's probably...I dunno. The three mentioned for sure. Zen maybe?
*eye twitch*

Sounds like you don't trust me any more. Fine. Use your own eyes, then decide.

M.K

Level 55
I do have great reason to suspect that the character of Strago is indeed mafia. Since Seph claimed Strago, I know he's scum.

Plain and simple.

Swiss

Smash Lord
No need to ask that question, Tan. If was going to tell us, he would have.

If he flips town - we net ourselves an MK lynch.

If he flips scum - we net ourselves a scum and treat it as null on MK.

He has 'Great' reason and 'knows'. It's good enough for me.

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe is now suspicious for wanting to kill SephMasa for being hated when J has been effectively hated for a MUCH longer period of time. And J actually got his THIRD mod vote DURING the time that Nabe was saying SephMasa would be a good candidate for D1.
J not sticking to his posting restriction isn't the same as Seph being hated townie. I would assume that those mod votes will be off of J toMorrow. And if it got down to LyLo I'd trust him to be more careful with his restriction, whereas Seph can't control the fact that he takes one less vote to lynch.

As it is, J is
a) playing well
b) not really a danger.

Cello, say town could make two lynches today instead of one. Since you're not voting, would you push Seph and a second player (who?), Seph and a No Lynch, or two different players entirely?

Top Bottom