• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FF6 Mafia - GAME OVER! Mafia wins!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Mimic sounds like a buffed flavour cop.

I visited Tandora simply because she alluded to having a Power role, yet I didn't trust her saying she was town.
Yet she was one of 2 players on your town list in:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11621701&postcount=398

Considering this is an OS game, would you not expect most players to have power roles? And tanny not only alluded, but also claimed her ability.

Are there flavour reasons for your unique facts?

So your role grant protections protection from players you visit in the night. Was being immune to tanny's power a factor in your decision? And does your protection part only work for day abilities only as you implied?

M.K

Level 55
Mimic sounds like a buffed flavour cop.

Yet she was one of 2 players on your town list in:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11621701&postcount=398

Considering this is an OS game, would you not expect most players to have power roles? And tanny not only alluded, but also claimed her ability.

Are there flavour reasons for your unique facts?

So your role grant protections protection from players you visit in the night. Was being immune to tanny's power a factor in your decision? And does your protection part only work for day abilities only as you implied?
That town list was made before the hesitation to vote the player claiming Strago. If you look back, you'll see my clear dislike with her inability or hesitation to switch.

I don't know the meta regarding OS's games. This is like....the 2nd I've played in of his.

As I said earlier, there are no given flavor reasons for my facts. In fact, they just seem random.

It does not specify if my ability works only for the day powers, but it does say that I will be "immune the following day", so I assume it would work for day powers.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Cello, do you think I am Mafia? No, wait, I think you think I'm independent. Why would I go out of my way to expose myself if I wasn't completely sure it would result in a Mafia death? Recall that if I were an independent person, I wouldn't really care what lynch happened (apart from my own). Also, if the Mafia were to all be defeated and the game wouldn't end, it would become MORE clear that there is an independent player in this game. It's not a) beneficial to me b) smart or c) in my best favor as a theoretical independent to push so hard for the Strago lynch.
I am not an independent player, I am town aligned.
Oh wow. You smell like indy. Yes it's obvious you wouldn't do that if you were scum aligned with seph, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't hesitate to lynch what you see to be confirmed scum if you're indy.

How does learning Tannys ability (which she'd already claimed) shed light on her alignment? Did you really think scum would counter claim an ultra powerful roleblock without that actual ability?

I don't think (asssuming your claimed ability is real) you sought to find out Tannys ability. Rather, I think you were trying to get immunity to her roleblock.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Also am I reeeaaallly reaching here or did you just turn on stealth mode (aka you don't appear in the online users list) today?

@Cello/Zen: I think MK is indy. I don't think he was scum aligned with seph, I don't think he'd make up that he had mod confirmation if he was scum buddies with him. Could be multiple factions also. Is lynching him toDay worth it? We can make him target who we want, and try to hit other scum...

Also, would a vig claiming they killed Tanny last night clear MK in your eyes? I don't think that'd be smart, but it's possible regardless.

M.K

Level 55
Also am I reeeaaallly reaching here or did you just turn on stealth mode (aka you don't appear in the online users list) today?
That's for Poke Center reasons. I'm a mod there and I wanted to become Invisible so I wouldn't be bombarded with Elite Four challenges whenever I logged on.

I can assure you that I have no killing powers. Whoever else targeted Tandora was the one who caused Tanny's death.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Yeah, I was thinking X1 was Gogo, because of his changing votes and picking up the posting restriction of another character. His restrictions make more sense with Gogo than MK's.

Is it possible that X1 and MK are in a mason group and X1 is letting him use his claim so MK won't get lynched?

I'd ask for MK to prove his claim by using Tandora's ability, but I don't think roleblocking our tracker, cop and doc would be the greatest idea. :/

M.K

Level 55
I'm not going to play this "is too, are not" game with you. I've posed you a challenge; find where I have effectively taken out a scum partner D1 as scum. You have not done so. You spout empty words, and anyone that blindly follows you is acting irrationally.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Cello: Are you planning on telling us the result of your investigation, or is repeating "MK is scum" over and over your way of telling us?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
M-K is Kefka. Cello was right after all. Unless others got special notes? If so then I could be wrong. But Kefka/Indy recieved a bunch of special info in OS' last game. Vandy you don't let the bad guys get away, as I've been told :3. If you aren't town, you die. Simple as that. M-K is the play for toDay.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Stuff from yesterday that I didn't get to adress.
Zen: You're = You are. "You're scummy" & "Your case on Nabe". Irritates me every time I read it. Rich coming from a guy that deliberately trolls with apostrophes, I know.

Why Cello as a play? I don't see justification. Is it because he said you're an idiot?

Vanz, is Nabe playing similar to how you thought I was in Oddworld? Is this scummy in his case?

Zen wrt Nabe, the ends justify the means. 'Course he is buddying me - but I'm obv town so I don't find it suspicious.

Did you mean 'Tomorrow' or 'ToMorrow'? The latter, with the odd capitalisation, referring to in-game days.
Yeah I totally was in a rush at that time. My grammar is pretty bad in general though.

Didn't like Cello because of how he was pushing the DH lynch. He was using points that simply are just a part of how DH plays and I didn't like how he was ignoring what he knew about DH from non-existing game.

I don't know what you're saying in the rest of your post about Nabe. Are you defending him?
I was joking. However, you (@whoever the original point was addressing) shouldn't make statements such as that. Can you read the game mod's mind?
How was that a joke? Like what was it to imply? I thought it clearly showed that you had info on OS. Even if the statement was a joke it still implies that you know OS.
Kind of an odd question, since you can see my name like everyone else and, also like everyone else (save GLG) you know me from what I've said in the thread. So actual reasons for asking, as follows:

a) You're egotown and you think I'm some young **** trying to step on your turf. Cute.
b) You're scum. Check out the phrasing of your question and tell me how that's not an attempt at making me out to look like I should have no say.

Pretty sure it's a), but in the end the result is the same as b). Settle down.
I'm Nabe, nice to meet you.

I'll take this in the form of a full case with quotes, dear.
I've played and know everyone here except you, hence why I asked who you were.

And it shouldn't be too hard to defend against what I already said, but I'll make a full case tomorrow then.

I'm sure you'll provide fantastic insight into why.

Between you and rPSI, who seems to see me as that meta guy, should be an interesting game.

Get on me.
I was fine with an X1 lynched because he had bogus reasoning for wanting to lynch DH, but he's a pretty odd dude in general. I liked him more than you and Cello, but if either of you weren't going to be lynched then I was ok with him. That was my reasoning at the time, but I like them both more a bit more now. You however, I still dislike.
1, so that I can make sure DH is actually lynched.
2, becuase most people are more willing to be in the middle of a wagon then be on the end of it.

@DH: Why is not reading everything=scum?
This makes no sense.. You have just as much chance of making sure he is lynched by voting before L-1 as you do after. Actually waiting to just hammer instead of voting is worse..~.^
DH logged off.

Wow.
>_>
lol.

A claimed hated townie can't be here during lylo and should be gotten rid of as early in the game as possible. You are now D1 lynch, inarguably. So that's cool.

Does town wait for his ability claim, y/n?
Also, how many votes are on him currently?
I didn't like the way you got on this. It looks to me like you were just reasoning with why M-K thought Seph should die from his claim, but you got it wrong not realizing it was because M-K had special info.

-----

Current thoughts.

-Nabe should die soon.
-GLG has been playing weird, but I don't have as much of a read on him as I do with abeN. He's playing more active than what I've seen from him in the past though (where he was scum.) btw GLG what are your current thoughts on DH btw?

-I like Cello and Vandy.

Swiss too..

Also Cello my bad for not replying to you yesterday, but my only answer to you for why you shouldn't investigate me is because it would be a waste, so sorry if you ended up using it on me.

And J why have you been so quiet this game? Is it because of your restriction? I don't like quiet J :c

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Cello: There is more than 1 person left who is mafia. And you are wrong (assuming that by saying "MK is mafia" you are implying him to be the scum buddy of Seph), MK is not aligned with Seph. He's either indy, different mafia, or town.

@Zen: that's interesting, but there are scum other than MK. why aren't you finding them?

@MK: I'll say it again. I can not see from a town perspective why you would want to find out Tannys role, when she had already claimed it, especially considering it was a role that would not confirm her alignment either way.

I can see from a scum perspective why you would target a player with such a role.

@Incom: it strikes me odd you viewed this thread alot today but had nothing to say on MK's claim.

Vote: Meta-Kirby
FoS: InCom

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes yes.

I have more time now that I'm only playing 3 games. And It's thanksgiving break. So I'll be more active.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Cello: Are you planning on telling us the result of your investigation, or is repeating "MK is scum" over and over your way of telling us?
Between the two, the latter.

Uh oh, Vand is here to spoil my fun. I suppose I shouldn't fake-claim that I got a guilty on MK? Maybe a real one would be better. But, Gogo has such nice clothing...

I didn't get roleblocked, however, neither did I get killed. I have Locke to thank for that, I'm assuming. Cops coming out is typically considered a bad move. Why would I be rewarded for this action? That makes no sense. Scum have to have SOME way to counteract my ability. It is either a roleblocker, or a Godfather or Tailor, whether the type that can only conceal allies' alignments or the type that can frame townies as well.

Let's assume for a moment that scum tried to kill me, and that it was their only option to try to stop me. Why? One explanation would be that it would be unreasonable for them to actively try to stop me, i.e. DH is their roleblocker. The other option would be that there is no way for them to interfere with my ability. I'm throwing that right out. It's unreasonable. Surely, they must be able to run interference. They just couldn't do it here due to the circumstances of the game.

If scum had a roleblocker that WASN'T DH, then there is absolutely no reason that they wouldn't have roleblocked me, if only to frame one of Tanny/DH (they didn't know that Tanny would actually get killed). If they only have alignment concealment, then why do we have a Doctor AND a Cop? And a million other PRs to cross check each other?

Now is the time to kill DH. Whoever we choose to "lynch" will hammer DH, who should die if DH didn't lie about his ability. If he did, boo hoo, we killed scum. I won't be too sad about that.

Let's see...InCom, myself, Vand, GLG, RPSI, and Xatres are all town, and Swiss and BSL are close enough. That leaves Zen, closer than the rest by far, along with J/Nabe, MK, X1 and DH. Am I back to X1 being uncertain? Nah, we'll let him be around Zen's area, which makes them good investigation targets. Zen isn't baiting one, and X1 wasn't, so their results should be reliable. We'll have...J lynch DH. That should satisfy Nabe, right? RPSI can kill MK. If he doesn't die, we'll know he's lying.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nabe, that's twice that you've hit "Reply" and didn't say anything. If you have something to say, spit it out.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Tandora.

I didn't want her to set off her mass rolebock.
Tandora's RB was a dayshot. Does your ability extend to a player's Day abilities the following Day as well?

Clarification on my restriction. I have to vote in every post, I also cannot vote the same person twice in a row. I have also now received a NEW restriction where I have to Kupo! in every post, like J did yesterDay
Is there some reason you didn't directly say this yesterday? Also, is your new restriction explicitly the same as J's?

@Nabe: Do you still want to lynch J toDay? What about X1?
Yes on J. Vote: J Best time is today, but it needs to be pre-LyLo obviously. The reasoning is plain, of course. If town thinks we have scum in hand though, I'm in no place to push J on policy toDay, and if this is a quick Day which it's looking like it might be then it's better left til D3. As for X1, I'll get back to you shortly on that if you don't mind.

He thought bsl was scummyish based off of his play in community.
This is the only important thing that was said between you two?

Let's see...InCom, myself, Vand, GLG, RPSI, and Xatres are all town, and Swiss and BSL are close enough. That leaves Zen, closer than the rest by far, along with J/Nabe, MK, X1 and DH. Am I back to X1 being uncertain? Nah, we'll let him be around Zen's area, which makes them good investigation targets. Zen isn't baiting one, and X1 wasn't, so their results should be reliable. We'll have...J lynch DH. That should satisfy Nabe, right? RPSI can kill MK. If he doesn't die, we'll know he's lying.
Is there some reason you say that J lynching DH will satisfy me? And why do you say that rPSI is town when yesterday he was the lynch following Tanny in your own ideal game plan?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I've played and know everyone here except you, hence why I asked who you were.

And it shouldn't be too hard to defend against what I already said, but I'll make a full case tomorrow then.
'kay, that's reasonable. And don't feel like you have to try too hard with that case, mainly I just wanted you to post more.

I didn't like the way you got on this. It looks to me like you were just reasoning with why M-K thought Seph should die from his claim, but you got it wrong not realizing it was because M-K had special info.
I can see how it would look like that. In reality he ninja'd me because I type wicked slow and do other things while on the reply screen.

-Nabe should die soon.
-GLG has been playing weird, but I don't have as much of a read on him as I do with abeN. He's playing more active than what I've seen from him in the past though (where he was scum.)
- Why do you say that?
- You've played more with GLG, and you make sure to say in the quote above that you didn't know me prior to the game. So, why do you say that you have more of a read on me?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Cello: I see, if DH is a mafia roleblocker, he wouldn't of targeted you as you would of received some message saying your investigation failed, which would lead to his lynch. But if he is town, then scum probably have a way to counteract a cop. Good to know.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Skimmed.

Is Cello suspicious of why scum didn't counteract his ability regardless that scum probably targeted him for the kill?

I'll assume I know what result you got and who you investigated.

Re-read first part of D1 - still happy to lynch MK.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nabe said:
If town thinks we have scum in hand though, I'm in no place to push J on policy toDay, and if this is a quick Day which it's looking like it might be then it's better left til D3.
Called it. They'll come up with something toMorrow too. At any rate, this is a low caliber excuse.

Nabe said:
Is there some reason you say that J lynching DH will satisfy me?
Of course there is. Are you not reading the game? Did you forget that, since we hammered scum, DH will supposedly Counter and kill whoever hammers him? J lynching DH kills J.

I investigated RPSI last Night. He's Shadow. Either he killed Tandora last Night, or Gogo faked his signature move and killed Tanny. I strongly doubt the latter, but it is technically possible, so if RPSI denies visiting Tanny, then MK is a liar and a killer.

@RPSI: No matter what I say about you, please don't contradict me. ToDay, at any rate. Also, truthfully, did you kill Tandora last Night? ToNight, kill MK if we don't lynch him in some way, form, or fashion.

The fact that DH "roleblocked" Tandora is a big piece of circumstantial evidence that suggests he actually DID lie about his role and/or is scum. Roleblock the dead girl because she couldn't deny it. Roleblock the person who would have no effect. Roleblock someone that you wouldn't have to explain to why you did it.

@Vand: Yes. However, I'm far more of the opinion that scum had to have some sort of active measure to stop me, or else Cop is simply broken. Let's say I'd come forward and scum has a Godfather. We could go "No Lynch" over and over and over, while I systematically investigate everyone. Scum can't know my first target, so they might as well kill someone random. As long as I aim for people that I don't think are the Doctor, they have to either give us effectively clear people (the Godfather would have to vote with the rest of us to maintain his facade), or only kill my clears, which would get rid of independents for us as well. In a way, a Tailor would be WORSE for scum, since they would have to correctly predict who I would investigate on the Night that I do it. And so, I think DH has to be scum.

@Swiss: I'm still OK with an MK "lynch", as in, MK lynches DH. If DH and he are scummates and MK will not die from the lynch, then MK wouldn't dare activate Tandora's power lest he effectively admit to being scum from its usage. If he would die, then he simply won't lynch DH if ?/3/?, and DH would probably self-hammer. Assuming 11/3/2, then that would finish off his own faction. We'd know if it were 10/4/2 or 11/4/1 from an N2 scum NK.

Here's my proposal. We get DH up to L-1. We cannot expect him to self-vote so that he cannot self-hammer. At that point, DH may kill himself. If he does (and thus is scum), RPSI will kill MK, and I will investigate X1. If I get a guilty result because MK cannot conceal X1's alignment due to RPSI, excellent. If innocent, I will ignore that result and reinvestigate him the following Night, while we lynch J. If DH does NOT kill himself, a scenario I do not anticipate, we will coerce MK into hammering him, giving him 24 hours to do so. If he refuses, we will ask J to hammer DH, and we will take his recalcitrance as an admission of guilt and lynch MK the following Day. Should J refuse to hammer, then there are two possible courses of action. We can either ask X1 to hammer, or we can all unvote DH and lynch MK instead. If we lynch MK, then I will investigate Dark Horse while RPSI shoots X1. With an actual guilty investigation, then J shouldn't be adverse to lynching DH, since he should be under the impression that DH is lying.

@BSL: I want you to track the following people in order of priority: MK, DH, Swiss.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lemme know if there are any mistakes.

J (4) - MOD, MOD, MOD, Nabe
Swiss (1) - X1-12
Meta-Kirby (3) - Swiss, Dark Horse, Vanderzant,

Not Voting - Cello_Marl, InferiorityComplex, Meta-Kirby, BSL, , J, Xatres, Zen, ,RocketPSIence, giraffeslasergun

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Thursday, December 2nd, at 3:00 p.m. EST.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: Tanny and SephMasa should be removed from the Not Voting and MK should have a 3 on his vote number.

Actually, killing MK is more of a concession than anything, although I admit it is partially because I want to be sure that Gogo isn't an alignment concealing role. No other character makes any sense in that regard. I could still see SephMasa/X1/DH/MK and ind(ies), but I'm still much more inclined to believe SephMasa/DH/X1 and J/Nabe. Killing off MK is just insurance.

I'm disappointed in myself for losing sight of X1/DH after my whole scum primer thought novella. That'll teach me to sacrifice my positions for support. (no it won't)

Well, let's start getting votes on Dark Horse.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So you keep saying.

Just think of it the same way I'm thinking of killing MK then, insurance that we're covering all viable possibilities.

Top Bottom