• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why would I need to buy time? If you haven't noticed, according to the last vote count there's only 4 votes on me, compared to three on you. I'm not exactly in imminent danger of death here.
Reexamine the situation pal. Two people have expressed interest in voting you but are afraid of majority changing roles.

Claim Nich.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Nich off the top of my head Inferno and I have both said we were willing to vote you but are abstaining from doing so because of the whole 'people needing less votes' thing.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
...how is knowing his stone important?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A nameclaim isn't enough in my book either. A powerful fakeclaim for a scumbag isn't anything new and I know when I hosted games I'd give scum some main characters as fake claim too. You should claim your abilities.

:059:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, fine. I didn't bother to crumb (Didn't even know it was a main character until I checked the wiki), since the role itself isn't that great. I picked time mage for level 2, and my level 1 class is Squire, with a one-shot investigation, and a one-shot "throw stone" ability, that causes the guy I use it on to target me with whatever (first ability he uses) he uses that night.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why would I need to buy time? If you haven't noticed, according to the last vote count there's only 4 votes on me, compared to three on you. I'm not exactly in imminent danger of death here.
lol'd @this post

You are in imminent danger of death. Ryker isn't.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I really don't understand the Stone part either tbh. How are they related to claims? Via flavor?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I have no idea how they're related. Haven't played the games, so maybe it's an in-char joke or something.

Then again, it's not like one associated Ike with census-taking coroner either...

And my investigating ability is literally called investigate.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright, fine. I didn't bother to crumb (Didn't even know it was a main character until I checked the wiki), since the role itself isn't that great. I picked time mage for level 2, and my level 1 class is Squire, with a one-shot investigation, and a one-shot "throw stone" ability, that causes the guy I use it on to target me with whatever (first ability he uses) he uses that night.
So ... you're basically a lightning rod with the abilities of the classes you chose?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Um, I'm basically a 1-shot cop with a 1-shot redirection to self, + time mage level 2 ability.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wow, the stone he has is the one linked to one of the primary antagonists.

Virgo was Wiegraf's stone and allowed him to become Velius.

For the record, Ramza has no Zodiac because you pick his birthday.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So, OS made the main character's stone that of the main villain and made my role a believable fake claim?

Well played, OS, well played.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm really not sure how much value I should give the whole stone / flavor thing. Would probably be more conclusive to look for a way to check if Nich is lying about his abilities or not. And if he can if there's a way to conclude whether it's more likely to be town or scum.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, there would be the possibility to let me live for a night so I can investigate someone, so even if you lynch me D2 I could at least use my ability.

Of course if the FE parallel continues, I'll probably be role blocked. So yeah.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Do not like lack of crumb of any kind.

Do not like that proving his role involves having a player claim an active ability and therefore be susceptible to whatever. Including a basic roleblock.

Do not like his play.

Do not like his approach to claiming.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nich, the problem is that you can't even guarantee any successful night action other than the redirect which remains unconfirmeable ...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not to mention that a scumbag could easily have the same abilities you do in this game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, the problem is that he's played scummy as ****.
Yeah, that too but I'd really like to find out if there's a pro-town benefit of keeping him around and lynch a lurker / inactive instead. I really doubt it though.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yeah, that too but I'd really like to find out if there's a pro-town benefit of keeping him around and lynch a lurker / inactive instead. I really doubt it though.

We could, but then we're just almost certainly going to just have to lynch Nich tomorrow.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We could, but then we're just almost certainly going to just have to lynch Nich tomorrow.
True, true ... I don't see a way to win this game without lynching him. I'm currently considering the risk / reward ratio of keeping him alive and maybe get a clear should he flip town or if there are other ways of getting something out of how claimed powers in case he is town.

Top Bottom