• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey OS, will you let me know if there was a coherent case on me this time? Because honestly I think my play was fine if not spectacular, and that this is Fire Emblem remix.

Let me give my last words then.

1. Ryker is an idiot and/or scum. If you guys let him live I'll be rather annoyed, and if you let him direct the game I'll be extremely mad at you come post game. Seriously, if all my town flip gets is "Oh well, he was scummy anyways, NOW LETS LYNCH T-BLOCKS SLOT" I'm going to be furious. (Fun fact: I'm not sure if I'd rather Ryker be scum as a confirmation of my read, or if I'd rather him be town so I get to yell at him post game for being an idiot. Hard choice.)

2. If I had to pick one scum on my wagon aside from Ryker, that would be Nickel. I mean come on, the guy does nothing, shows up near the end of the day, claims to have read anything, and basically just hops onto my wagon? Even if you hate everything I've done this game, you have to admit that that's the definition of lurking sheeping hide-in-the-background scum. Excellent vig fodder, IMO.

3. Secondary scum reads would be Gheb/Lego, for reasons stated previously. I don't trust either of them, and still haven't seen Lego's proof of scum hunting.

4. Finally, if town pulls this out somehow, I'll be downright amazed. This looks to be an interesting setup, pity we couldn't get some vets to play as well. Would have reduced my frustration level considerably.

@Gheb
I have a proposition for you. We lynch Nickel today, let me live for a bit longer, use some sort of redirecting thing to prevent myself from being role blocked, and I do an investigation. Then you guys lynch me the following day, and that way you have a clear or maybe even a scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wtf, you suggest using redirect AND investigate in the same Night phase? Calling BS on that.

:059:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
@Gheb: I can respect that logic, but there is just a preposterous amount of **** that could go wrong in a game as night action heavy as this one.

Also, Nich that proposition is incredibly silly

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
No Gheb he wants someone ELSE to some how keep him from being role blocked.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Wtf, you suggest using redirect AND investigate in the same Night phase? Calling BS on that.

Not what I meant. Basically, someone else does a bus driver style ability to prevent myself from getting role blocked, and I do my investigation.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And I don't get why the **** you're still after Nickel. I thought the whole crap about you being suspicious of him was just to lure me into your glorious trap?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
And I don't get why the **** you're still after Nickel. I thought the whole crap about you being suspicious of him was just to lure me into your glorious trap?

Did you read my posts? Because I've explained this.

One last time, the original vote on Nickel was to pressure him for scum hunting and to generate discussion.

This vote on Nickel is because how much later into D1, he still hasn't scum hunted (despite posting and claiming to be completely caught up), which means we can assume he's not going to do it any time soon. At least with Rajam/Red Ryu/etc they might give us something once they catch up (which they'll be able to do during N1).

Also, if you assume I'm town (which will become apparent after my flip if not sooner), doesn't his vote on me look like scum slipping onto an easy wagon?

Really dig the points made by Gheb and Glyph wrt to Nich pretty much going to have to be the lynch sooner or later. Also dig Ryker's post about how sketchy everything about nich's claim is. It all conveniently falls into a category of stuff that could be of scum's use as well as towns.

Still down for his lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man wtf your posts are so bad, like seriously in your mind everbody seems to have the worst intentions all the time. You have such a destructive attitude towards everything, no wonder you're always stuck in your tunnels and wrong reads.
At this rate it hardly matters who votes you and who not because your lynch is virtually sealed unless you can give us some good reason to keep you alive / make pro-town use of your ability that we can actually rely on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Which reminds me about Gova's question from earlier ... I think at a certain point there's hardly any use in not bussing a scummate. If you look at how early Nich was pressured and how he never adequately managed to weasel his way out of this lynch ... his assumed scummates would've easily realized that anything other than bussing makes them look bad. It's not an unlikely scenario for a bus to take place in.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Gheb
I have a proposition for you. We lynch Nickel today, let me live for a bit longer, use some sort of redirecting thing to prevent myself from being role blocked, and I do an investigation. Then you guys lynch me the following day, and that way you have a clear or maybe even a scum.
Do you have any probable reason to think this role exists?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man wtf your posts are so bad, like seriously in your mind everbody seems to have the worst intentions all the time. You have such a destructive attitude towards everything, no wonder you're always stuck in your tunnels and wrong reads.
At this rate it hardly matters who votes you and who not because your lynch is virtually sealed unless you can give us some good reason to keep you alive / make pro-town use of your ability that we can actually rely on.

That's all @ Nich btw.

Would really like to hear some alternative plans as well. Like, who do people think are Nich's scummates and what are we doing if he flips town?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

Honestly, aside from my night action, I can't think of one. Nobody listens to a word I have to say, and nobody seems to be about to any time soon. (I'm betting half the game didn't even read my response to Ryker's long case.) I've tried everything I can think of, and I can't influence anything by argument, reason, or my vote.

I'm betting myself that when D2 dawns, my reads will be forgotten, my flip will be brushed off as "He was scummy anyway", and you + Ryker will go after T-block's slot, do the exact same thing to him, and basically repeat the process until town loses.

You're welcome to prove me wrong about town's prospects, but let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm betting myself that when D2 dawns, my reads will be forgotten, my flip will be brushed off as "He was scummy anyway", and you + Ryker will go after T-block's slot, do the exact same thing to him, and basically repeat the process until town loses.

You're welcome to prove me wrong about town's prospects, but let's just say I'm not holding my breath.
Gheb_01;14074319like seriously in your mind everbody seems to have the worst intentions all the time. You have such a destructive attitude towards everything said:
Kinda proving my point here. It's not like I'm unable to question myself or my reads it's just that atm I see no reason to do so and you haven't given us any reason.

And yeah I will look into the T-Block slot for sure. If you have a reason to think he's so town then you might as well post it so we can look back on it in case you flip scum but you can't expect me to find him not suspicious just because you yourself don't.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I DO NOT like Kantrip/T-Block on either Nich flip.

I sincerely think Rajam is a jester and I will be highly dismayed if he doesn't die tonight.

If Nich scum, then Nickel town, but not vice versa.

I like Legolas on the whole. Lean town.

RR's joining Nich's wagon is null. It's waaaaay late.

Inferno looks disgusting, but I've never played a game I didn't find him disgusting.

I like Raz. Haters gonna hate.

If I could pick one man to investigate, it would be Glyph. I love him to death, but he is so meeeeeeeeeh most of the game. Saw points I really liked and really despised.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Messed up quote tags -.-

I'm OK with that @Lego. These people are all on my cop / vig list so I can see where you're coming from. Was there a particular reason to not name Seph in that bunch though or did you just forget about him?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If that's the case, you should didn't leave solid enough reads. There's no shortage of players here good enough to pick up on solid reasoning even if there are some terrible ones.

You're just AtEing at this point in an attempt to look like the dying townie.

Then again, I haven't been into this game too much. G3S has been taking literally all my time and Sword being constantly busy or having issues with this and that kinda demotivated me too.

However, I plan to raise the bar on d2.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OP confirms that a jester could be in the game but I don't see why Rajam of all people is supposed to be it. His catch-up posts generally leave a rather trollish impression in like any game ever. That alone makes him a good vig shot but why he's supposed to be jester is beyond me.

Sword actually came to the conclusion of Jester on his own while reading. It's believable to some degree, then again, it could also be Rajam just screwing around. We'll have to feel it out some more i m o. Vig would be preferred.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Random thought: At the moment we have six playerslots that qualify as inactive (Seph, Red Ryu, Rajam, Gova, Nickel has no presence, and T-block's replacement isn't caught up). If town is to have any chance, you guys should probably work on reducing that number.

And as to why I'm so negative about this town, it's pretty much because I don't trust any player in this town to be competent at this point. Even in my worst games, at least SOMEONE has agreed with me, noticed "Hey, even if he's tunneling and a few of his points are bad, this bit here is legitimate." In this game, aside from T-block who's gone now, NOBODY's done that. Sure, you can say it's my fault and all that, but I'm not buying it unless an actual good player reads this game and explains to me what I did wrong.

(I'm planning on going to EE/OS for critique as soon as I die, so I'll probably figure out what on earth happened soon enough.)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sword actually came to the conclusion of Jester on his own while reading. It's believable to some degree, then again, it could also be Rajam just screwing around. We'll have to feel it out some more i m o. Vig would be preferred.
Interesting. Not a huge issue though since Rajam is first-rate vig fodder

And as to why I'm so negative about this town, it's pretty much because I don't trust any player in this town to be competent at this point.
No, you're always like this tbh.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
OP confirms that a jester could be in the game but I don't see why Rajam of all people is supposed to be it. His catch-up posts generally leave a rather trollish impression in like any game ever. That alone makes him a good vig shot but why he's supposed to be jester is beyond me.

Because his catch-up posts don't generally read as trolling. They read as a legitimate attempt to play the game through a means that is just unviable.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Seriously, he's actively trying to piss us off, but Nich jumped up and begged to be lynched.

Look where he seriously tries to get me to come at him.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I think Nich as at L-1 so this is a good time to tell everyone that, much like Ryker, I need to be on the lynch wagon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, that could easily be the case.

Nich, your last post also shows that you're still falling for the age-old "agreeing = on my side" fallacy. Get that out of your head already.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I won't feel bad losing to a jester because it's a ******* role and it's not my fault it's included, but I have no reason not to hope for a vig first.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
No, you're always like this tbh.

And the last two games I turned out to be right. Nabe was indeed scum in Time Travelers, and the Frozen/Raziek wagons were indeed ******** in Megaman X. Yeah, I tend to call a lot of people out on being idiots, but at least in recent memory I've usually been right.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nich, your last post also shows that you're still falling for the age-old "agreeing = on my side" fallacy. Get that out of your head already.

Eh, it's not so much agreeing with me as having good points in general and non-scummy play.

Considering that probably about 75% of all points made relate to my play this game, I can see how you'd get that impression though.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I just looked at the previous votecount and added the votes I recently saw. Guess I was wrong. I'm going to go ahead and put him at L-1.

Vote: Nicholas1024

Top Bottom