• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That is entirely false. They are synonymous and on the wiki it pretty clearly says "Effect: Doom" beside my ability in this game.
They are synonymous, however each game either calls them one or the other and I'm simply stating what is true. I can already see the little red letters next to Split Punch in my head.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah so my role PM actually does say it "causes Death Sentence", but the wiki says "Effect: Doom". I'd assume T-block crumbed 'doomed' because it was something he could slip into his sentence. None of it really meant much to me except for "Split Punch", the actual name of the action. The rest is just assumed interchangeable Final Fantasy condition lingo to me.

Either way I was roleblocked.

So Ryker, besides me, who do you most want lynched? An inactive? Another scumpick?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryker your terrible at everything, quit life please

Dislike Kantrip more than anyone, gonna quite when I'm not going to bed/writing a program.

Not certain on Ryker v Gheb but

@Rajam: don't use that as reasoning, it screams past game salt. And I should know better seeing as how I was in MMX and replaced into his slot in another game after him pushing off himself got a cop lynched.

Use his current play, not past meta unless you show a pattern.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah so my role PM actually does say it "causes Death Sentence", but the wiki says "Effect: Doom". I'd assume T-block crumbed 'doomed' because it was something he could slip into his sentence. None of it really meant much to me except for "Split Punch", the actual name of the action. The rest is just assumed interchangeable Final Fantasy condition lingo to me.
Character claim. You've already put it down to one of two central characters.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
God, I hate you soooooo much.

No, not right now. You're pretty much the last person who's questions I want to answer at the moment. I really owe you nothing and you really don't gain too much from hearing them although you do let them know that the game's afoot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
**** I hate Kantrip. This game is a stinking hole of depravity.

Gova, I need scum picks three of them because I think that's the number of scum we're dealing with. I want them in order with reasons included. Please do not make me have to go digging at you. A dialogue is much more helpful at this stage than an interrogation.

Sang, you're replacing the second worst slot left alive in the game. Second only to Rajam. I'm going to need a lot of hard stances. I really don't care if you've read the game or not, I can't afford to let you hide behind that excuse because I'll never get a solid opinion out of you if you decide to go with the flow after a flow has been established. Seph already lurked through one day phase. Your slot lurking through one and a half simply can't happen. I want to know what you're thinking right now.

Rajam, you need to be current by the end of February 21st whether that means you are caught up or not or, so help me God, you will be blacklisted from any sort of mafia game I ever host or anyone I can convince to listen to me ever hosts. You are a complete detriment to the game and I'm having an extremely hard time believing that you aren't intentionally trolling it with your cavalier attitude and complete and total lack of anything relevant.

Inferno, I've read every post in the game that you've made. You being scum is a distinct possibility and you're more than leaning scum at the moment. I'm currently considering lynching you as opposed to Kantrip because there's interaction between you and T-Block that I do not think stands a chance of being SvS. Why should I lynch Kantrip over you?

Red Ryu, I remember nothing from your slot other than soft echoes of what others had already said. I reread the damn game eleven times when making that Nich case and you made even less impression on the game than Seph even though you've had more than triple his posts. Why is that?

Lego, scum picks. Now. I don't care about hydra johns. I want scum picks and the thought process leading up to scum picks.

Gheb, I don't want jack **** from you right now. Your job is to going to happen primarily in mid day. You're going to be my ****ing best friend and you're going to help me sort through what I'm looking at. You're going to help me screw my head on straight for when you're not here tomorrow. For now, I do want your opinion on the possibility of a Day 2 mass claim. Give me a pros/cons list regardless of your stance on the matter. I want to see the analysis that leads to the conclusion. It would help me a lot to get a second opinion. Please.

Orbo, you had a lot of armor because I thought for goddamn sure that Nich was scum. I've seen a lot of noob town reads coming from your slot earlier, but it's like you're aggressively doing nothing. Take a stand. I want to know what you're thinking. Right now, you're definitely lower on my priorities list. If you're not explaining where you're looking and, you know, actively looking, then you're going to slip farther from the current null position you're holding.

GLife, stay classy. You know I love you, but I can't read you if you don't step out. I need specific reads from you. I'm trying to finish making sense of the crossword that is GLife, so give me some hints. What do you make of Raz's claim? What are the implications and your read on his slot? If one of Inferno and Kantrip has to die, who is it? Why? Help me out on the mass claim call. What's the right decision? I need you to mix it up. I can't afford to have side-liner GLife in a game with side-liner Gova, Sang, Orbo, and Inferno.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All right, we can not vote in the Execution either.

I don't see how mini derps are part of my meta especially w.r.t FL mafia :/ Elaborate there please?

Also, I voted to show I was voteblocked because I wouldn't show up in the following vote-count.

Besides that, we are not down for Kantrip last time we talked. So that's pretty much non valid.
We got a hint tonight saying that Glyph is not trustworthy and that we would do well to seek his death. Don't know what we're going to do with that.

Is it weird that with everything going on I'd love to talk to Sword first? Last time I checked, he wanted to push you today, Gheb. I, however, slightly disagreed and said we'd have to talk about it after the night actions. Now is after the night actions.
1.) So basically you still have nothing new / helpful to offer other than a questionable note you supposedly received? Still don't like.

2.) "Mini-derps" is basially the same accusation I had against you in F&L, where you didn't make one particular "mistake" that outed you as scum but just a mass of inconsistencies that added up to something bigger than just the sum of all these little inconsistencies taken together.

3.) When will we be able to actually take your posts at face value? All this time I'm just hearing things like "gotta talk with Sword about it first", "gotta reconsider things with him first" or "didn't get to talk to him yet". How long are we supposed to tolerate this?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, I want to know, broad terms, what you're packing. Let's get this inevitable discussion out of the way.
Now for some fun.

If there's a PROTECTIVE that targeted Gheb, he should speak up, but only AFTER Gheb confirms whether or not he has an ability that can be defined as SELF-PRESERVATIONAL. That's the word I want for any role that fits that description.

Failure to adhere to this post results in DEATH.
If that's what your first post is referring to then I confirm that I have such an ability.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For now, I do want your opinion on the possibility of a Day 2 mass claim. Give me a pros/cons list regardless of your stance on the matter. I want to see the analysis that leads to the conclusion. It would help me a lot to get a second opinion. Please.
Let's see ...

There are 4 aspects to our roles as far as I can tell - the role we were given, the character, the class and that stone we received. Depending on what you want to achieve with the massclaim there are different ways to handle it so I'm not sure how to answer this question. I can see some sort of massclaim potentially working toDay but I don't think a mass full claim would do us any good yet ... then again I'm not even sure if that's the kind of claim you were talking about.
Am I right in the assumption that you mainly care about claiming abilities toDay [aka role + class] ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mainly. Characters can easily be a big thing too. Stones mean little to me. It could turn into something, but it's not a big thing.

I'm mainly talking about the logistics of a traditional mass claim. I'll talk about it after I've had a chance to get an unbiased opinion.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Can you elaborate on your Gheb null?
Gheb null since I don't fully understand his intentions D1 regarding Nich. He was the first player clashing with him, with the vote/attack Nich did on Orbo as one of the main reasons, which I consider a terrible point (due to how early the whole situation was, and I think it extended too far). Gheb started to drop that in the middle of D1, but then again he came back to lynch Nich without adding much newer scummy reasons than the ones offered at the very beginning, and mostly just used Nich's bad play as a reason to re-join the lynch (although morally Gheb was always on that lynch). My doubt is if the reasons to finally lynch Nich (bad play + initial reasons) are honest or scummy. If I'd have to destabilize the null balance towards one side, I'd probably pick town though. Gheb doesn't raises flags other than my doubt on his intentions regarding Nich, and I think he brought good points against Lego

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When I think of the risk / reward ratio I doubt it's worth it toDay...

Cons:
- Mafia will learn about most of our abilities and can use some of their own abilities to counter it somehow
- I also assume mafia has plenty of room for legitimate fake claims
- Ability claims can be ambiguous and like in Nich's case it might not give a good hint at alignment
- With that in mind some claims need to confirmed before they are credible so even then it might be useful only by D3, if at all.

Pros:
- Gives us a chance to verify / falsify Raziek's results [but confirmation will possibly only happen D3 or after]
- Gives us something to compare Kantrip's claim with, which might help our decision to lynch him or not
- Might put a scumbag under pressure if he's caught in a contradiction

I think overall ... we offer a lot more to the mafia than we should for the little we gain. Most of the stuff we gain from mass claiming our abilities is either not that conclusive or is something we can gain through "regular" gameplay sooner or later. I'm not for it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rajam, when did I "let go off Nich"? I always suspected him - openly so - during D1 ... it's just that I didn't spend the whole day tunneling the living hell out of him and considered other options. That doesn't mean that he was not high up in my lynch pool.

And it's possible that his read on Nickel has merit but not the way he presented it. And the way he turned around to accuse me because of some trap that "was his plan from the very beginning" was just straight-up impossible to believe. Yeah, I could've pressured him when everybody else did but I'm usually not the kind of player to add stuff onto a point that has been hammered home about three times before that. My points were clear, Nich never convincingly refuted them and his answers were questionable. It's people like Gova, Raz or Lego who sheeped the Nich wagon that need to be looked into harder.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Whoa just looked at Rajam's reads more closely as I tend to skim his stuff.

Rajam, I need you to try to elaborate a bit on a lot of your reads, as they are very different to most people's and I don't quite understand your thoughts. Could you explain your read on:
Legolas, Glyph, Gheb, Seph(Sang), and myself?
Lego: Main point against him is that I feel he hasn't done anything to open discussion in new ways; just goes with the flow. More of a feeling than concrete points

Glyph: Coherent play, nothing he has said/done has called my attention

Gheb: explained above

Seph: Little posts he made I think he was assertive and honest expressing his reads. Main point against him is obviously his activity level.

T-block / Kantrip: Read based almost exclusively by T-block's play. Besides the fact that nothing he did called my attention is an scummy sense, I think his clashes with almost the full cast plus open, assertive play are the reasons why I consider the slot town. Now with the claim, I think you're SK at worst (very low chances of flipping mafia considering what I said about T-block's play), and considering that, plus the uncertainty about whether you're some sort of town vig or indy SK, I think we should look elsewhere toDay and aim at pinning mafia instead of an indy. I think it wouldn't be much of good news if we kill SK toDay, considering that that probably indicates we'll be left against three mafia, which aren't good numbers for town

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
When I think of the risk / reward ratio I doubt it's worth it toDay...

Cons:
- Mafia will learn about most of our abilities and can use some of their own abilities to counter it somehow
- I also assume mafia has plenty of room for legitimate fake claims
- Ability claims can be ambiguous and like in Nich's case it might not give a good hint at alignment
- With that in mind some claims need to confirmed before they are credible so even then it might be useful only by D3, if at all.

Pros:
- Gives us a chance to verify / falsify Raziek's results [but confirmation will possibly only happen D3 or after]
- Gives us something to compare Kantrip's claim with, which might help our decision to lynch him or not
- Might put a scumbag under pressure if he's caught in a contradiction

I think overall ... we offer a lot more to the mafia than we should for the little we gain. Most of the stuff we gain from mass claiming our abilities is either not that conclusive or is something we can gain through "regular" gameplay sooner or later. I'm not for it.

You've missed a couple Pros.

-We lock the claims in and scum have to continue to produce with them. Prevents claims that would be feasible as more set-up information is revealed through flips, claims, and Maf PRs.
-May nail a scumbag through CC.
-May nail a scumbag through set-up speculation.
-You and I would be here to make use of it instead of one or none of us.

There's also two more I can think of ready at hand, but mentioning them would all but invalidate them, so I'll refrain.

The biggest con is the first you've mentioned. I had begun to consider the option as the go-to route until I read the Chemist level one ability that mentions re-directors and made me realize how much a bus driver would destroy all of my plans.

Alright, make sense of Raz's claim with me. Go through the town and scum thought process for reacting to my call-out in thread. What would you do as town and as scum? What do you think Raz would do as both?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Rajam, when did I "let go off Nich"? I always suspected him - openly so - during D1 ... it's just that I didn't spend the whole day tunneling the living hell out of him and considered other options. That doesn't mean that he was not high up in my lynch pool.

And it's possible that his read on Nickel has merit but not the way he presented it. And the way he turned around to accuse me because of some trap that "was his plan from the very beginning" was just straight-up impossible to believe. Yeah, I could've pressured him when everybody else did but I'm usually not the kind of player to add stuff onto a point that has been hammered home about three times before that. My points were clear, Nich never convincingly refuted them and his answers were questionable. It's people like Gova, Raz or Lego who sheeped the Nich wagon that need to be looked into harder.

You never left Nich. I'm not even accusing you of tunneling; I know you looked elsewhere too. When I said you re-joined the wagon later, I meant through vote, since at some point you left that vote-wagon to avoid an early lynch, but I'm aware you were always on Nich. I'm not questioning that, but your reasons as a whole (the sum of early, middle and final reasons) to finally lynch Nich. I think this quote is a good explanation though, I know keeping "old" points all the time isn't scummy since I do that all the time. Not accusing your reasons just because they were "early", but instead evaluating if those initial reasons are actually good enough to finally decide on the lynch.

Mmmm move Gheb to town-lean read actually. I think what happened now, with the rest of the players having to pick between him and Ryker also helps in that town read.

I also agree on Gova + Lego as people to look. I think Raziek will most likely flip town but if you want to pressure him, then be my guest.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xonar scum read #1

Gova

Instead of constructing a nice case like Raziek, let's just say that he hasn't done anything. I have yet to see a single hard stance from him or a single post that even attempts true scumhunting.

Having read all his posts, he seems to be actively 'faking' content. Sidelining. Fencesitting. All that stuff.

Ryker, do me a favor, reread the game with Glyph and Gova buddies in mind. (spoilers; Glyph might be next, gonna read him)

Also, entertain the idea of two scum teams, like I'm doing.

w.r.t Kantrip

His play at the end of last day does not look like scum at all. It looks like the good old honest townKantrip. Not to mention, scumKantrip is REALLY agreeable. At least, that's what little birdy told me. Kantrip makes me like the slot.

more coming once I finish more rereads and iso's.

Xonar scum read #1

Gova

Instead of constructing a nice case like Raziek, let's just say that he hasn't done anything. I have yet to see a single hard stance from him or a single post that even attempts true scumhunting.

Having read all his posts, he seems to be actively 'faking' content. Sidelining. Fencesitting. All that stuff.

Ryker, do me a favor, reread the game with Glyph and Gova buddies in mind. (spoilers; Glyph might be next, gonna read him)

w.r.t Kantrip

His play at the end of last day does not look like scum at all. It looks like the good old honest townKantrip. Not to mention, scumKantrip is REALLY agreeable. At least, that's what little birdy told me. Kantrip makes me like the slot.

quoting to point out hydra.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Enjoy your mod vote.

I've already got one pick as a buddy should Gova flip scum and it's not Glyph, actually. I forget why though. I'll have to look it up. However, I completely disagree with you saying he's done nothing at all resembling scumhunting. He's side-lined for sure, but I definitely remember him stepping forward to address T-Block early in the game if nothing else. That alone disproves your absolute. But really though, all that is useless for determining his alignment seeing as he did the same damn thing as a VT in Hentai Mafia. He sat on his *** until he was converted then he sat on his *** some more. It's why I'm going to force him out here this day or die trying. I'm perfectly willing to give him a free pass for being a piece of ornamental furniture on Day One and force him to stay in the game from here on out to decide if he needs to go. It's not like there's a shortage of walking liabilities.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Xonar scum read #1

Gova

w.r.t Kantrip

Consider #417 though. Gova and Glyph aren't scummates

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rajam, I may owe you an apology. I actually think I may be wrapping my head around how your thought processes work.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I have a town read on you for now. The biggest thing here is that you're clearly motivated to play this game which I've only seen you do as town. Most of the games you were scum you just coasted and lurked to victory and let town take themselves apart. I mean you could be motivated to play as scum but I think it's unlikely given your history. Things you have called Nich out such as exaggeration/contradiction things I can agree with whereas other things such as the initial-bring-the-game-out-of-RVS-accusation. I think that only serves as a purpose to get reads and get opinions for other though I do understand how it could be used as a fallback for scum of the accusation backfires. There's no way to tell which would be the case for that point.

As for Nich, my read is conflicted because I have no scum-play of his to compare too other than the time he replaced into FF9 but I'm not sure how accurately depict his scum play seeing as how he was told to just coast/lurk. The fact that I also had to ask multiple times whether or not he agreed with T-Blocks accusation also didn't sit well with me. I find it that when you have to keep rephrasing/asking questions is a slight indication that someone is scum or at least hiding somerthing. At this point I'm not opposed to his lynch and need to be on it but there's nothing I can say for certain that makes me go "yeah this guy is definitely scum."
Why is that whole post pretty much based around meta? Meta that I largely disagree with btw, if reading Ryker was as easy as saying 'look he is playing this time' he wouldn't win games.
Well, until we get flips and stuff that's all I have to go on. Either way, I consider it a pretty significant factor at least wrt Ryker.
Second quote is #417

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
As for two scum teams. I don't see it. I don't see it from a flavor stand-point. I don't see it from a set-up standpoint. I don't see it from the way night actions played out. It just doesn't line up in sooooo many ways. Sell me on it if you want me to buy into a multi maf scare.

Mafia and indy or indy team? Sure. No two mafias. I really doubt there's two factional kills going around in this set-up unless one is an SK, especially with the Pick Your Poison elements.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Second quote is #417
Reaaaaaaaaaal easy to say that as SvS. The exchange is null in setting up the comparison. Glyph isn't taking a strong stance in rebuking Gova. From a SvS perspective, it's token interaction with little commitment. From a TvT or TvS scenario, it's a correction from Glyph on a statement he found false.

Enjoy your mod vote.

I've already got one pick as a buddy should Gova flip scum and it's not Glyph, actually. I forget why though. I'll have to look it up. However, I completely disagree with you saying he's done nothing at all resembling scumhunting. He's side-lined for sure, but I definitely remember him stepping forward to address T-Block early in the game if nothing else. That alone disproves your absolute. But really though, all that is useless for determining his alignment seeing as he did the same damn thing as a VT in Hentai Mafia. He sat on his *** until he was converted then he sat on his *** some more. It's why I'm going to force him out here this day or die trying. I'm perfectly willing to give him a free pass for being a piece of ornamental furniture on Day One and force him to stay in the game from here on out to decide if he needs to go. It's not like there's a shortage of walking liabilities.
Right so it fits his meta from two sides. Ugh. Also, I don't remember him really addressing T-Block.

As for two scum teams. I don't see it. I don't see it from a flavor stand-point. I don't see it from a set-up standpoint. I don't see it from the way night actions played out. It just doesn't line up in sooooo many ways. Sell me on it if you want me to buy into a multi maf scare.

Mafia and indy or indy team? Sure. No two mafias. I really doubt there's two factional kills going around in this set-up unless one is an SK, especially with the Pick Your Poison elements.
I was raising the possibility because I was thinking about FL and the night kill mechanics. But yeah, there is no evidence at all. Just raising the possibility, seeing as you've read this game 11+ times and have a better view on it than me.

Reaaaaaaaaaal easy to say that as SvS. The exchange is null in setting up the comparison. Glyph isn't taking a strong stance in rebuking Gova. From a SvS perspective, it's token interaction with little commitment. From a TvT or TvS scenario, it's a correction from Glyph on a statement he found false.
Read as SvS to me. Not enough evidence to support though. Still reading Glyph, don't like Glyph so far. (page 1 of his post history)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Doesn't add up with F&L. This is almost certainly one man's ability. It constitutes an entirely new lynch with an abundance of defensive abilities pointing to the existence of a night kill.

It read as SvS to you almost certainly because you were reading it with SvS in mind. It could easily be SvS, but that's because it's really ****ing null.

Rajam

Smash Champion
All right, we can not vote in the Execution either.

I don't see how mini derps are part of my meta especially w.r.t FL mafia :/ Elaborate there please?

Also, I voted to show I was voteblocked because I wouldn't show up in the following vote-count.

Besides that, we are not down for Kantrip last time we talked. So that's pretty much non valid.
We got a hint tonight saying that Glyph is not trustworthy and that we would do well to seek his death. Don't know what we're going to do with that.

Is it weird that with everything going on I'd love to talk to Sword first? Last time I checked, he wanted to push you today, Gheb. I, however, slightly disagreed and said we'd have to talk about it after the night actions. Now is after the night actions.
Could you detail that a little more? Is the source "anonymous", non-specified, mod-confirmed... ?

We can't excute vote but I think we should side against Gheb since we pretty much have to pick between Ryker and Gheb at this point, and honestly while I can see Gheb as town I just think that out of the two Gheb is more likely to flip scum
PM from Swords. Agreed on this largely. Will read more into Gheb after this one is done and multiple others are too.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ryker sucks at mafia
**** I hate Kantrip. This game is a stinking hole of depravity.
Orbo, you had a lot of armor because I thought for goddamn sure that Nich was scum. I've seen a lot of noob town reads coming from your slot earlier, but it's like you're aggressively doing nothing. Take a stand. I want to know what you're thinking. Right now, you're definitely lower on my priorities list. If you're not explaining where you're looking and, you know, actively looking, then you're going to slip farther from the current null position you're holding.
Who I'm Looking at:
Glyph-I'm starting to like him a bit more considering his later posts, but not enough to offset my initial reaction from that "lynch a weak link before we even care what faction they are".
Lego-Not posting much content(pot calling kettle black i know) except to say that he needs to talk with swords. Did not like how he accepted Rajam's D1 no-vote thing and turned around to vote him in the same post.
Seph's slot is null, but will look at it when sang posts.
Ryker town lean.
Gheb town lean, which complicates things because i really dont wanna execute either of you but don't wanna lose both of you.
Kantrip because of T-blocks play, and his whole doom thing. But that's closer to null than anything

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Execute Vote:
Gheb - Ryker
Ryker - Gheb

Standard Vote Count:
Kantrip - Ryker
Legolas - MOD, MOD
Inferno - Rajam

Not voting: Raziek, Legolas, Orbo, Inferno, Kantrip, Gova, Red Ryu, Sangfroid Warrior, Glyph, Gheb

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday, Feb. 29th at 3 p.m. EST

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday, Feb. 29th at 3 p.m. EST

Not voting: Raziek, Legolas, Ryker, Orbo, Inferno, Kantrip, Gova, Red Ryu, Rajam, Sangfroid Warrior, Glyph, Gheb

Insulted: Raziek, Legolas, Ryker, Orbo, Inferno, Kantrip, Gova, Red Ryu, Rajam, Sangfroid Warrior, Glyph, Gheb

If I missed anything send me a PM with a link to the post.

My incentive for reading Glyph was not the note I got tonight, but the defensiveness in his reaction.

Let's start with the first post he makes

vote: Rajam

I want to kill off at LEAST one 'liability' player. Not necessarily today, willing to mill around until something better comes up. If someone can make good stuff happen tonight, that would be divine.
I don't like this at all. Setting himself up for an easy lynch. (1)

Next three posts are fluff.

Then this one;

I think Gheb's an *******, but probably town. Disagree with the Nich scum read, he seems more frustrated town than cornered scum to me.

Haven't come across anything I'd deem significant enough to push for scum yet, only little things that could come into play later. For now I still stand by my previous stance of picking off a bad player.
Soooo he has no scum picks. Cool?
If Gheb flips scum at the end of today, I'll keep this in mind. The town read on Nich is something I understand, so nothing there. I could (over)analyze this into trying to get credit once Nich flips town, but that's way too weak for a post this early in the game. It is interesting how he goes back on this town read with a Nich 'vig'.

However, once Raziek asked him for more concrete stances, he posted this.

One fluff post.

BUT THEN

Inconsistency!

Let's lynch a bad player! Like Rajam :)

BUT WAIT, Rajam isn't just bad, he is also scum! I suddenly have a really convenient scum read!

Another fluff post.
And another one.
Calling out Nich on being mean to Ryker?
Asking Nich what he'd do if good people would replace in and want to lynch Nich.

Switch to T-Block. No explanation. Mhm. Not opportunistic at all, because opportunistic would be a Nich vote. Could fit the whole Nich is frustrated town thing. but then

'Vigs' Nich. Who was a frustrated town read.

Liked your reactions decently enough until that last line. Seems too much like you're trying to look like town who's been killed imo. Plus looking back a bit, the part about calling me intelligent if it was fake, which was certainly appreciated, but seems out of place considering I just killed you.

In a nutshell, you seem really okay with being dead. All that passion and anger I saw with you arguing with not one hour ago just evaporated. You're not coming across as bitter at being killed, you're coming across as someone who needs to look town in the off chance its a gambit.

But alas, its not. Feeling good about the call.
Well, I like this post. However,

Asking people to claim out of no where usually doesn't go over well in my experience heh.

And to ensure what I want to happen, happens. Why drag it out, especially when the whole conversation was being choked by Ryker v Nich.

But it looks like you've been considering the circumstances of my shot a lot. I still see a lot of scum thought process in your post. If I were to be shot under these circumstances and was town, I'd just feel like 'oh damn well i guess Glyph bought into that dumb case against me'. But you're still very focused on how I handled the whole thing, and whether or not it makes sense if its real. Dats self-preservation, yo.

Also you used a winkyface and winkyfaces are always scumtells (only partially joking on that)
Here he makes the definitive switch from frustTown to Scum. I think the reasons for it are very weak. He stood by frustratedTown, and I see how Nick's behavior fits that read still. This switch looks opportunistic.

Post w.r.t the other person confirming it.
Elaboration on shot.
Post asking elaboration from Nich on something vague.
Fluff.
Fluff.
Rajam call-out.
Weird Inferno and Rajam call-out.
Fluff.

Then another post that's somewhat good.
The thing that bothers me is how he's going after T-Block/Nich (without good reasoning, by the by) yet has this to say about Raziek. It feels like opening doors just in case. Man, it's not even scumhunting.

417 I will not comment on.
Fluff.
Sorta elaboration for RR.

Red Ruy does a good call out in asking what changed between the shot and frustrated town read. Which Glyph responds to by saying "The argument between Ryker and Nich. The only thing that happened during that time.".
Which isn't elaboration at all.
So Red Ruy continues "Ok, then why was he a town read before the argument?"
To which he says "Because that's the feel I got before then."
Cop. Out. Red Flag. all that stuff.

Then he sorta fluffs and fortifies his scumNich. Didn't like the transition from start to this point at all.
Fluff w.r.t metaRyker on Nich.

This he will need to talk more about. In his next post.

Parrot Ryker (not a bad thing, the case was solid.)
Asking Claim.
The above two in one post.
Asking Gova if he thinks Nich is town. Gova made it clear on multiple occasions that it's a conflicted read.
I count this as fluff.
Fluff (516 now)
Fluff.
StonequestionFluff.
VoteNich.
Fluff.
Fluff.
Fluff.

Raz hasn't done anything really worth thinking is wrong, but hasn't really done anything great either. Just busy from what I gather.

I like Legolas, Gheb, and Ryker. Gheb is the strongest town read for me, I've liked the way he's been looking at things like the Nich lynch. Ryker I don't see bending over backwards so hard just for a mislynch as scum. Legolas I don't really know I just think he's an alright guy.

Nickleback and Inferno could be pretty much anything in the world and I would be none the wiser at this point. Inferno has a habit of showing up and saying 'yeah! that is how i feel also!' and then vanishing again. Could be scum taking the path of least resistance or just town who doesn't have a voice of their own. Nickleback is just bleh.

Rajam is like ten thousand Nicklebacks (band or player).

T-block slot is kinda scummy I guess? I see the 'fake'ness of his posts that was referred to.

Reaaaally don't like Gova, especially upon a Nich scum flip. Very 'voice of reason'-esque in the way he handles the subject, while still toeing the line between calling him town or scum. Gova, with the amount of material that has been presented at this point I find it very difficult to see you not forming ANY kind of read on Nich.

RR lump in with them inactive bunch.

Its a bit hectic but its what's on my mind
The thing I don't like about this post is how he doesn't seem to make that hard of stances. His only strong thing is GhebTown. Ryker/Lego town is weak. The rest is weak. The only thing strong would be Gova on NichScum, but guess what Nich flipped? Yeah.

Fluff, but good chart.
Fluff.
Fluff.
Fluff.
Asking Kantrip why Nich is town and in the post afterwards who we'd have to look at otherwise. Yes, I like.
Gova callout?
Which he concedes.
Pushing to end the day. Fluff.
Answering question who he doesn't want in endgame. All bad players. Fluff.
Nich's reflect plan is still very unsound as the only way for it to be practical is to force a claim. Keep in mind that if a player is reflected an even number of times then nothing happens at all, and considering Priest is a pretty powerful power I would not be surprised to see several people picking it.

So unless we get someone to claim Priest (which guess what, is essentially like asking the doc to claim D1 for a one-shot cop) then there is way too many things that could go wrong. And on top of that, we don't know if Nich is telling the truth about his claim! If he's scum, then we're just giving him a night to use whatever power best benefits his faction and then doing his best to create havoc amongst the town.

Seriously, stop entertaining the idea that leaving him alive overnight for a very unlikely cop result is a reasonable course of action, especially considering his play.
I don't even know what to think of this. :glare: He doesn't really say anything in essence.

RazCallout.
Another one.
Fluff.
Fluff.
You got a hint saying I should be killed. But didn't think it was worth sharing until after pressure was on you. AND you're 'not sure what to do with it'.

Rykerimage.png

:phone:
Now this is what made me investigate into Glyph. Pretty darn defensive over something that's insignificant.
Then Ryker Insult.

All with all, the case can be summed up like this;

- The way he handled Nich was scummy.
- The way he handled scumpicks was scummy [main point: Raz].
- Has hardly made good stances.
- Has hardly made effort to scumhunt.
- Lotsa fluff. Even though the jokes made it not a ****fest to read.
- The disgusting cop out when Red Ruy confronted him on Nich.

I promised to look at Inferno and might do so but I'm honestly really dead after doing this lol
Also my first read through of the game, go me. Might have to mill some things.

Top Bottom