• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Fine. I'll come at you with the same intensity you've come at me. Expect a proper response this evening.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
meet me in DG it's goin' down
meet me in the thread it's goin' down
meet me in the game it's goin' down
anywhere you meet me guaranteed to go down

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Fine. I'll come at you with the same intensity you've come at me. Expect a proper response this evening.
Maaaaan, we really don't have time for that >_>;; You should just post this thing up ASAP.

it's not that I'm being inactive or anything. I just don't know who to really vote for atm.

There's Omni, who's just been acting suspicious. I don't like how he spams 'I'm town' in several of his recent post. Just because you say you're town, doesn't mean you're town (even if you're using it as an opinion). Actions speak louder then words. Also, still don't like his claim even if it is a one time use (Before, I thought you could use it more then once).

I found some level of scumminess from Blazer, but I feel uncertain about Gheb. He just seems really cornered and is even willing to put himself off as a lynch. I hate when people that. Makes me wonder what kind of sneaky roles or conditions they have =/ Aside from that, I don't really find anything scummy from Gheb, but I'm not letting him off the hook...especially due to Blazer's actions.

As far as Ronike, I don't really see anything of suspiciousness in terms of him (at least, as of yet).

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
do not vote gheb yet. i want to see scumni's response. deadline is today and gheb's at -1

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like to hear some other people's opinions about my points regarding Handorin. IMO he's the most scummy player so far. Ronike being scum only makes sense if Hando flips scum too imo.

"As far as Ronike, I don't really see anything of suspiciousness in terms of him (at least, as of yet)."

I agree with this. There are more scummy players around and it doesn't make a lot of sense for Omni to pressure him like that.

:059:

Omni

BRoomer
I'm in class. Can't make a good post. If you guys wanna' lynch Gheb, go for it. It seems like I'm by myself in my belief that Gheb is town.

I don't like it when I don't see anyone step in. When something seems obvious, it usually isn't. My post is mainly a response to Ronike as to why I have been finding him scummy; more personal between him and I.

@Marshy: Since when did I become scumni? I'm tempted to ignore you.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
@Marshy: Since when did I become scumni? I'm tempted to ignore you.
i like how you earlier said you weren't claiming to be some mafia god and are now ignoring legit accusations against you. my last post just explained your name. is this high and mighty attitude your new shtick? are you able to deliver the post by the end of the day or not?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omni, I really don't want to mention it again because it makes me look like a freaking martyr but since you don't seem to understand:

Me surviving this MIGHT have some bad consequences since Blazer's and my own illogical behaviour places a big question mark upon my allignment and it will only be cleared if I'm lynched. I already revealed my role but vanilla isn't a strong claim because lynching a vanilla D1 is NOT a bad thing for town. In fact since mislynching D1 happens all the time (unless mafia massivley screws up) you might as well take a vanilla - that way you know for sure that you won't lynch a power role - Mafia will NK our strongest player anyways.

However, as long as I'm alive there are more questions than town can handle right now. Just look at the current situation: The whole gameplay is completely split into two fractions becaus due to my behaviour nobody knows what's really up. You not trying to lynch me makes you seem really scummy, especially since you focus on Ronike way too much, despite him only being really suspicious if Hando flips scum.
The most scummy players are imo Handorin, followed by Ronike or Omni (Ronike if Hando flips scum and Omni if not).

Omni

BRoomer
As far as Ronike, I don't really see anything of suspiciousness in terms of him (at least, as of yet).
Go back and read the reason why I initially put my vote on Ronike. Tell me what you think. Again, when I made my argument the only person who commented (and agreed on it) was Mentos. I don't know where the Hell he is now.

Omni

BRoomer
@Gheb: Why would I look scummy if Hando flips town? Have my implications on him thus far not been justified? None of my accusations of anyone came out of thin air nor had weak explanations like nearly all of Hando's votes.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ninja'd

@Gheb: Why would I look scummy if Hando flips town? Have my implications on him thus far not been justified? None of my accusations of anyone came out of thin air nor had weak explanations like nearly all of Hando's votes.
What makes you look scummy is you not voting for me. No matter how scummy Ronike is ... there's no point in NOT lynching me when I'm a burden to town. I explained many times why it's best for town to lynch me.

What I'm saying: Ronike is only more suspicous to me than you if Hando flips scum (which imo confirms that Ron is scum too). Otherwise you're acting more scummy. I honestly don't have a clue what you're up to...

Omni

BRoomer
i like how you earlier said you weren't claiming to be some mafia god and are now ignoring legit accusations against you. my last post just explained your name. is this high and mighty attitude your new shtick? are you able to deliver the post by the end of the day or not?
It's not that, Marshy. Your role so far in this game doesn't suit well with me. You don't say much and when you do, it's normally because you're asking a question from someone else. I view you as a lurker/observer more than the active, dominant scum hunter I normally see you play.

I think you're amazing at Mafia and I think you very good at manipulating. Your nonchalant attitude rubs off on me as if you were the high and mighty one. That's my perception of you.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So... Is it agreed that we are going to hammer Gheb? We are just waiting on the Omni post, aye? Can we agree that whoever should vote at 11 o'clock, just to be safe?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's not that, Marshy. Your role so far in this game doesn't suit well with me. You don't say much and when you do, it's normally because you're asking a question from someone else. I view you as a lurker/observer more than the active, dominant scum hunter I normally see you play.
what do you mean "it's not that"? what are you metagaming off of?

Omni

BRoomer
what do you mean "it's not that"? what are you metagaming off of?
"It's not that" as in I'm not trying to swing my **** around. I accept the fact that I'm still new at Mafia and in no way do I think I am exceptional nor experienced.

I play this game for one reason and one reason only: it's fun. I don't care about winning or losing, I just enjoy the arguing. Omni, you are the kind of person that makes this game not fun anymore. You think too much of yourself, you don't listen to arguments from anyone, and you are just have way too much tunnel vision to play this game very well.
Thanks for your life story; didn't ask for it. Unlike you, I do care about winning or losing. If I cared only about arguing then my main objective would be to come in here and stir up WIFOM's and pick a side and argue in an attempt to persuade people to believe in things I don't even think are true.

You say that I think too much of myself, but you're not even here to win. You realize that beating Mafia is a team effort? Hypocrisy at its finest. What's worse than having an endgame with a person who never cared about winning or losing? Oh yeah. Scum.

First off, I disagree that he is most likely town, but I've already said why several times (which you conveniently seem to keep skimming over). But let's put that aside for a moment and pretend he is likely town. We can't know for sure, and like he said, if we leave him alive we have a giant question mark for the rest of the game that honestly doesn't do too much for us. He's new to SWF, so he doesn't bring as much strength in argument to the table (no offense Gheb, but from my perspective a large portion of the scumtells come from experience in OUR mafia games) and he is a vanilla townie, so he doesn't bring any night strength either. I'd much rather eliminate someone who will be of little help and we are certain we won't lose a power role than take a crap shot with someone else and maybe lose our doc or cop. And with no lynch, we just gave the mafia/indy a free kill leaving us exactly where we left off: next to no where. If Gheb flips mafia, we have learned you prolly aren't telling the truth, and if he flips town, we can look at all of us who voted for him and can trust you more. Anything is better than no lynch IMO.
I never "conveniently" skimmed over anything; I don't agree with your reasons. It is funny that you ready to buy Gheb's "Lynch Me For the Greater Good" concept. If you want to talk about bringing strength to the table, why wouldn't you go for someone who is inactive or hasn't done anything of substance? Under you concept of useful/uselessness, you should be targeting a player like Chill or Hando. Huge question mark? I think so.

We are not certain of anything, Ronike. Gheb could be town, Gheb could be Indie, Gheb could be Mafia. Stop working under the pretense that it is confirmed that what Gheb has said is 100% confirmed and moving under the absolute that removing the "weakest" link is the best idea in this situation.

If Gheb flips Mafia, I will be very surprised. I read into Blazer+Gheb's comments and all I could interpret from it was cornered and inexperienced Town. When a scum member is cornered, they can take their time and discuss with their buddies how to approach the hurdle, but when I see Blazer stumbling around like a helpless idiot I can't help but see he isn't a part of the Mafia.

You're right. I don't agree with a no lynch. I'd rather have you or Hando lynched.

So, I'm linked to Hando because I pointed out you twisted Hando's words and that I thought at the time you were insulting Hando, which I have since realized was a misreading on my part and said as much? Really? Cause that's the only actual involvement I have had with Hando. Well unless you count that we are both voting on Gheb, but there are plenty of other people in that boat as well. In addition, if he and I really were scum together, don't you think he would defend me instead of throwing a major FOS on me? I like how you both conveniently overlook that fact.
Almost WIFOM except: If you were scum together and I have already pointed out the connection between you two, Hando would probably NOT defend you since it would be an "obvious" scumtell to defend you.

And now you're trying to control the Vig too? Let them do what they want without your biased input.
Did you just say "biased input"? Do you not realize that all of our inputs are equally as biased? My favorable decision is just as bias as your favorable decision so keep your pokes at insulting me to yourself, or at least be more educated about it. And so what if I'm trying to control the Vig. They don't have to do what I say and they know this. You're overreacting.

Just another example of your tunnel vision. Blazer was incredibly scummy, the fact that you don't notice that shows me that you could not have possibly carefully read Blazer's posts in detail which = skimming which = scummy. And I'm glad you are "not uncomfortable with the day ending on a Blazer/Gheb lynch." Learn to proofread. kthx.
You're doing it again. Assuming that I haven't read because my interpretation of Blazer's post is different from your angle. From here, the difference in our views puts me in the "lazy and scummy" section rather then the "different point of view" section. It is interesting that you keep focusing on my tunnel vision, yet all you have done so far is tell me how scummy I look because I derived a different conclusion from Blazer's behavior.

Good job at continuing to insult me. You do a fine job at "arguing" and "having fun" and "playing the game of Mafia" while you nitpick about people's grammar. Douche bag.

Yay for tunnelvision, though this time the variety where you can't see the broad picture. We had 5 or 6 inactives at that time. Why couldn't some of the scum be them? By the time they got active again, the Blazer hate was already at full strength, so defending him would have been suicide for a mafia member, and it was too late really to tell him to stop. And at any rate, there are 2 people "jumping on the Ronike bandwagon," and they do seem to be trying to divert attention. Why aren't more people doing it? I dunno, maybe because I have explained why I am doing what I am doing, and people don't find me as suspicious as certain others. I think its pretty obvious really...
Nothing is "obvious" and the fact that you keep throwing little phrases like that shows that you're not really thinking on the right plane level. Gheb isn't "obviously" the right choice; you aren't "obviously" scum. Every action starts and moves along a chain of thought process and it is up to us to determine how A links with B as accurately as possible. We also work under the notion that the Mafia will lie and control how we view that chain.

There were 5 to 6 inactives but as said before they were inactive. I made my conclusion based on people who were active. Both you and Hando were under my radar for several reasons and the fact that both you and Hando participated in the same manner in regards to Gheb and I is one of them.

More people probably aren't jumping on the bandwagon because of the suspicion I drew due to Kevin's grilling and the bandwagoned that accompanied him. That's understandable and I would be suspicious if people were to begin to trust me easily after my claim.

Um, actually Kevin's giant post which contained all of Blazer's post was the first vote of this bandwagon. Vs. you, with all your "Let's jump on the Ronike train Choo Choo" posts. Its a tad bit different. Kevin started that after his giant post. Sorry, try again.
Very immature. Quantity =/= quality. Hey, but thanks for your sarcasm. It makes the game fun! </sarcasm>

Like I have said, perhaps people don't think I am scummy just because you have posted "Let's ride the Ronike train!" Or perhaps they think I am the lesser of the evils. Or maybe, like your last statement basically says, everyone in the town besides you and Gheb are scum. Because that is what you are saying. No one has bandwagoned me because scum won't bandwagon scum budies, which since no one has bandwagoned me, everyone must be mafia. Does that even make sense? Think some please.
You're not thinking things through if you're seriously taking what I suggested to be that cut and dry. I think it is important to mention that no one has bandwagoned you considering every other bandwagon has produced violent results. Hey, surprise. You end yet another post with a "You're dumb and I'm better than you," poke. Great tactic.

For both you and Gheb I have stated my reasons multiple times. Don't
A) Lump me with Hando who has yet to explain any of his reasons really.
B) Say that I haven't or that my reasoning is weak. Just because you don't agree with my reasoning doesn't mean it is weak.
You are not "lumped" with Hando; there is a connection. A tie. When you came into the game, THIS was your first post. You carefully dissected my post and derived that I was trying to be arrogant, that my claim wasn't too believable by attempting to metagame, and coming in to Hando's defense by speaking for him. This is what you said.

What you didn't say or chose to ignore was my valid point toward Hando, any and all points I made to Kevin, and mainly how your entire post was made in an attempt to ONLY incriminate me. Not only were you inaccurate in your dissecting, but it was only further shown that your own tunnel vision led you to interpreting everything that was said incorrectly. The problem with your post, as well, was the fact that you chose to ignore everything that I said that had a point and you also chose to ignore any suspicious behavior that was portrayed by other players.

Again, your tunnelvision is amazing, as is your naivety. Yes, everyone except for scum unvote, cause that will totally happen :dizzy:.
You keep stressing my tunnel vision, but I believe you are only stressing it because I have kept my eyes locked on you ever since you made that silly post after my grill on Hando. If you hadn't noticed I have been all over the place and examining and commenting on all the players unlike you who was only focused on me and now Gheb.

You are the strangest player I have ever played with... I honestly think this is some convoluted mafia strategy though.
What?

I mean honestly, you went from "Lynch me, here's why:" to "Really though, you should lynch Hando." The only logical reason I can see for this is that you are trying to establish yourself as trustworthy town so you can influence the rest of the town into lynching Hando. I don't know, but there is certainly a giant contradiction in your post.
I have never said just lynch Hando. You have a habit of putting words in peoples' mouths. I want you lynched, but I would be fine with a Hando lynch over a Gheb lynch, is what I said. There are no contradictions in my post and I have been speaking quite clearly.[/QUOTE]

There is everyone's food for thought.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
considering dropping hammah but wanna see if ronike can respond. leaving soon and won't be here around deadline. anyone who will be? otherwise i'm doing it before i leave

Omni

BRoomer
Please do not drop the hammer. I want my response to Ronike to be viewed by everyone so that they can reply (including you).

If by whatever time the decision to lynch Gheb is still in place by the majority I will personally hammer him. Just don't end the day preemptively.

Ronike

Smash Ace
As much as I regret this, I simply don't have the time to go thru and pick apart your post before the deadline. What I want to do requires far more time than I have, even if I didn't have a math quiz tomorrow that I am nowhere near prepared for. However, a few quick things:

A) The last two quotes were directed at Gheb, not you. Which is why they seem strange and like things you have never said. It's cause you never said them.
B) Thanks for calling me a douche bag and the like. I suppose I kind of deserved it for being mean, but chill out man. Scum has lost plenty a time by overreacting... Not that I ever did <_< >_> (see trigun mafia)
C) The way I play is by basically focusing on one player, but I do keep my eyes open to others. I did see your posts about Kevin, but the thing is, I have played a lot of games with Kevin, and his style was the same as his normal town one after the first few posts.
D) I love that my "first post" as quoted by you, begins with an unvote. That wasn't my first post, I had a few before that going after Kevin a little bit.
E) What I meant by "I don't care about winning or losing" is that I honestly don't mind losing that much. We got our ***** handed to us in BI mafia, but that was possibly the most fun mafia game I have ever partaken in. You know why? Cause the arguments with Tom were epic. And I would pay money for you to find a vet that doesn't think I'm strong endgame material. Cause although I don't mind losing, I do play to win.
F) You do conveniently skip things.
See, that's how you would have dealt with that were the situation reversed. I would actually go through, find examples, show explicitly where you have done it, if I had the time. But I don't. So that will have to wait.
G) After careful consideration, tunnelvision was perhaps the wrong term. What I meant by it is you cannot see the broad picture (as exampled by you not looking at the inactives), and you don't look ahead (Gheb).
H) For the you vs. Kevin thing, it's not just that Kevin quoted all of Blazer's posts, its that he also showed why he thought Blazer was scummy from all the things that he said. You really haven't done that, at least not anything memorable besides my "defense of Hando" (non-existent) and my inactivity, which I obviously am not.

At any rate, this is what I've got for now. Tomorrow (as in in-game), I'll be back to continue the quote war, and maybe even get the other players to see how scummy you are! Feel free to respond to this Omni, but I'm not gonna argue too much more anymore tonite. I'm down for a Gheb hammer if y'all are.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omni, I didn't read your post but to me it seems like you're defending me a lot. You say you'd be surprised if I flip scum. But what if I do? Your going to look really dumb then for arguing Ronike through all this.

There's no point in going after Ronike like that. You won't accomplish anything and lynching me > NL, no matter if I'm town or scum. If I'm scum you gotta lynch me, if I'm town I'm being way too dangerous for town right now (and possibly in the future) to let me live. Pressuring Ronike, not voting me (when time is really short and I'M L-1) makes you look scummy yourself.

Seriously, I'm mostly likely to die. Since I will be confirmed to be vanilla then you'll see that the loss won't be too big. Just don't pressure Ronike like that. Hando is the man to fear...he's coasting, BWing and arguing poorly ... I already pointed out how he was suspicious (I'll post a link to the post why he's scum imo in the next post) and how him = Maf prolly means that Ron = Maf too.

Go for Hando and see if he flips scum or not. If he does then you should def. go for Ronike but no earlier than that. If Hando doesn't flip scum...then I guess Omni would be my next target.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, I can't believe how can ignore the facts like that: If you decide to not lynch me and I flip scum you're screwed for being the only one at that point to even consider defending me...just hammer me to confirm my allignment and you're safe + you lose virtually nothing. Then you can scumhunt for realz

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
To be honest I think Ronike is one of the stronger players in Dgames regardless of alignment.

*shrugs* I grill him hard but time and time again he proves that he is a **** good player, I would never underestimate him just because he's had bad days. Look at me in BIM, big deal we all have off games. I know Ronike plays to win so you really can't play that angle Omni.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I've changed my mind. We should let Omni hammer. more time that way.

And <3 you too Kev.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im still sitting extremely uncomfortably with Omni. His claim was fishy to me as he seemed to add stuff later on when people questioned. These additions were of the type that made his role an easier set up and much harder to prove as false. Also in his adendum he added more insults which he seems to be doing this entire game. Where he fails in actual debating skills he insults the other player to make them feel emotionally defeated.

However now is not the time to debate his scumminess. Gheb is pretty obviously the best lynch for today however I never feel comfortable being hammer. If I see more people posting their opinion on the matter I would be more secure in my hammer.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Please don't hold it against Omni for calling me a douche bag and the like. I goaded him into it by basically doing the same in my post.

... I really need to do HW...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If I see more people posting their opinion on the matter I would be more secure in my hammer.
Are you kidding?

I'm @ L -1 right now and Omni already said he'd hammer me if it comes down to it. Seriously, it's just about who of you guys decide to hammer me now.

Omni

BRoomer
See now I'm just getting pissed with Gheb.

If you are town there is no reason why you should be conceding to being lynched. You aren't playing the game correctly at all. You're not even TRYING. You're just accepting the fact that Blazer was in a bad situation and you can't do **** about it. That really pisses me off that we got stuck with someone like you as a replacement. There have been plenty of Mafia games where people are replaced and come in bad situations and explain things as clearly as possible and move on. This lynch is practically ending on you because you refuse to participate in playing the game. Ugh, the attitude of giving up and not wanting to win pisses me off especially since I consider fellow town members a part of my "team".

*Temple rub.* I need to calm down.

I still don't understand why you think I should be the "next target" if Hando flips Town. My points on him were valid and in your same post you seem to agree that he is acting equally as scummy.

Man, you're on your own, dude. I swear if you're town and you still couldn't fight back after someone finally gave you support then.... ugh... very annoyed at the lack of willpower to fight back = accepting D1 mislynch.

And why are you suggesting that you could flip Mafia if you are claiming you are Vanilla? And do not say I am ignoring people when you clearly didn't read my above post.

unvote

@Kevin: I don't know how Ronike plays Mafia except for Bad Idea, which was great. All I could take from this game was that he was just playing for fun which just pissed me off more in general. Since both you and him have established that was a misunderstanding, I can understand that I was off tangent in my attitude toward him.

@Omis: Was that post addressed to my situation 50 posts ago? I have never been openly insulting except in the beginning of the game with my posts with Chill. Are you really updated on everything that's occuring?

Omni

BRoomer
Oh, and if I die and I somehow was able to know who killed me, I'll send a flower to that person the next day. If not, I can choose not to send a flower the following day.

Omis

my friends were skinny

Good job at continuing to insult me. You do a fine job at "arguing" and "having fun" and "playing the game of Mafia" while you nitpick about people's grammar. Douche bag.
My bad I forget that douchebag is a compliment. You just act extremely scathing in everything you say. And not even in a constructive way like Kevin can be but just in a rude attacking way.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omni, do you seriously not understand that I would've remained a problem for town as long as I'm alive? The truth is that a town player should NOT be in a position where he makes the rest of the town second-guess themselves. At this point it doesn't matter if I'm town or scum - if you're really a town member you should be worried about my behaviour. The only thing that happens is that I'll continue to steal the spotlight from the scummy players and that's not what I want. Get rid of me and thus of every unsolved question (and there where a lot of them) so you can focus on what's important - going after scum.

Omni, I'm not saying that Handorin flipping town is the reason you should be lynched. You just happen to be the 2nd most suspicous player to me right now (after Hando himself). The only way Ronike will be more suspicious than you is if Hando flips scum. But that's just imo and I'm doomed now so it's w/e.

Omni

BRoomer
My insult was based on Ronike literally acting like a jerk. Lol. Ronike already commented on this.

Outside of that and my early game frustration with Chill, I haven't really insulted anyone so crudely.

@Gheb: I'm done with you man. Really dislike how you came into this game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
See now I'm just getting pissed with Gheb.

If you are town there is no reason why you should be conceding to being lynched. You aren't playing the game correctly at all. You're not even TRYING. You're just accepting the fact that Blazer was in a bad situation and you can't do **** about it. That really pisses me off that we got stuck with someone like you as a replacement. There have been plenty of Mafia games where people are replaced and come in bad situations and explain things as clearly as possible and move on. This lynch is practically ending on you because you refuse to participate in playing the game. Ugh, the attitude of giving up and not wanting to win pisses me off especially since I consider fellow town members a part of my "team".

*Temple rub.* I need to calm down.

I still don't understand why you think I should be the "next target" if Hando flips Town. My points on him were valid and in your same post you seem to agree that he is acting equally as scummy.

Man, you're on your own, dude. I swear if you're town and you still couldn't fight back after someone finally gave you support then.... ugh... very annoyed at the lack of willpower to fight back = accepting D1 mislynch.

And why are you suggesting that you could flip Mafia if you are claiming you are Vanilla? And do not say I am ignoring people when you clearly didn't read my above post.

[
I agree with everything in this post.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
GRRRRR by the time I got caught up the hammer was already dropped. Since Tom isn't on(least on AIM) we're in twilight for a bit, but not long enough to get anything up. Just a quick post to say that I still FoS Ronike to some extent(as well as Omni, although not as much since I believe his claim at the moment), and still think Riddle is a good choice to look at tomorrow. Sorry again for my inactivity today, I haven't been home long enough this week to keep solid posting up, I'll make sure to do better for D2

Top Bottom