• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Honestly you can't say Riddle is playing with a townie vibe at all, look at his entire last post.

Some scum "ask me questions" with a big old pile of WIFOM on top of it.

Yum yum my favorite kind.
Nah, I disagree. The WIFOM argument is legit. What? You don't see that?

Interesting, Kevin.

I also don't like how you're throwing out, "Riddle is kinda' scummy" without asking Riddle any questions directly. It's like a, "Hey, look over there. That guy's suspicious," in an attempt to take away attention from yourself. Not to mention you normally follow up your suspicions with a vote followed by an interrogation.

Omni

BRoomer
The lynch list was obviously a semi-joke post in attempt to stimulate this thread. Things are moving very slowly.

@Ronike: You're still lurking? You keep saying that you plan to respond to my post but you still haven't up to this point.

Discussion isn't being made. People need to talk. Otherwise, the deadline is going to come without learning anything new. Don't get touchy when I put you on my hit list; it's just to bring you back in which has worked.

But yeah, let's not listen to Omni who believed Gheb was town and has been pointing a huge finger at the lurker known as Hando the entire game.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
And tell us what this "good stuff" is that we received from Gheb's death.
nearly everyone commented on him and he was suspicious. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bandwagon

can we lynch omni already? vig if you're out there do us a favor and kill him

what were you metagaming off of? unvote riddle vote omni

But yeah, let's not listen to Omni who believed Gheb was town and has been pointing a huge finger at the lurker known as Hando the entire game.
scumbags would know that gheb was a town player. even if you're town townies are lynched here on d1 all the time. saying "the guy about to be lynched will probably be town" when there's a huge line of games that just show that's probably the case doesn't make you anymore credible

i do want hando to die though

chill i was pressuring mentos to deliver on explaining why he fos'd ronike and has no issue with omni

jungle i don't think you've done a pro-town thing all game. you're just coasting

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy, what do you think of Hando comparing himself to MegaMafia? As in coasting

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

I also don't like how you're throwing out, "Riddle is kinda' scummy" without asking Riddle any questions directly.
You don't have to ask questions to someone you think is scummy. As long as they give some form of reason (which he has done now), then their claim is valid.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nah, I disagree. The WIFOM argument is legit. What? You don't see that?

Interesting, Kevin.

I also don't like how you're throwing out, "Riddle is kinda' scummy" without asking Riddle any questions directly. It's like a, "Hey, look over there. That guy's suspicious," in an attempt to take away attention from yourself. Not to mention you normally follow up your suspicions with a vote followed by an interrogation.
Well i have the vote on him so we're half way there.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You guys act like I'm playing with something to prove, I'm playing to enjoy myself rofl.

Riddle is acting scummy go look through his posts and do your own work.

I vote based on what I believe.

You guys can't GUILT trip me into playing "better"

I led a lynch on a townie I'm trying to tone it done and just vote bandwagons that I can stand behind. Without posting a huge post that everyone automatically sucks down.

Quit life.
No one is trying to "guilt" you into doing anything. I play mafia to enjoy it as well. You know what I enjoy? Winning.

With your current playstyle you're not helping us at all. IF you died tonight and flipped town what would we have to go on? All you've done is vote,vote,vote without any explanation. Killing you would be just as well as killing an inactive. Without showing us your thought process you're dead weight as a town member. If we were to follow your .."idea" by lynching out weak members so we can have a powerful end game team you'd be the first to go.

If we're just going to go with random votes and bandwagons why not follow Omni's list?

Let's just lynch Omis, Hando, Kevin, and Ronike in that order.

Maybe with a bit of Marshy in the mix.
Even if it's a joke, who cares right? As long as I'm enjoying myself it doesn't matter.
chill i was pressuring mentos to deliver on explaining why he fos'd ronike and has no issue with omni
Then you need to give an explanation as well. If you just place a vote and nothing else it doesn't tell us a thing. Even a simple "mentos why did you FOS Ronike for X while ignoring Omni for X"? If you just vote for me what does that tell me? Was there a question you wanted answered? Did I say something wrong? That's what we're going for. We need substance behind these votes.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
New font color. I'm tired of looking like Omni.

@Ronike and Kevin. Unless you give me more to go on there is no way I can defend myself. I have already explained that the oops moments were truly and honestly mistakes and unless you believe that I'm a really, really poor player than I don't see how someone making a mistake tells anything about their allignment. I would like to think that I have shown that I'm not usually an idiot and so I think the mistakes are honestly a null-tell.

Scumddle (seriously what an awful name) would not be stupid enough to be thinking logicaly and ask a question like that expecting an answer, so why would he do it? There is absolutely no reason so the only explanation is I'm an idiot (could apply to either town or mafia) or I wasn't thinking properly and made a mistake (could also apply to scum or town) so I don't get where you are picking up any scum-tells.
Can you say WIFOM much? Just because you are an intelligent poster doesn't mean if you were a rookie scum you wouldn't make mistakes. If smart scum never made mistakes, town could never win. Just realize the "I'm too smart to do that" line points me more to the fact that you're trying to avoid giving solid reasons for things. Not only that, but you made the mistakes, and the reason I find them suspicious is because you are generally intelligent in your posts, which makes it strange.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No one is trying to "guilt" you into doing anything. I play mafia to enjoy it as well. You know what I enjoy? Winning.

With your current playstyle you're not helping us at all. IF you died tonight and flipped town what would we have to go on? All you've done is vote,vote,vote without any explanation. Killing you would be just as well as killing an inactive. Without showing us your thought process you're dead weight as a town member. If we were to follow your .."idea" by lynching out weak members so we can have a powerful end game team you'd be the first to go.

If we're just going to go with random votes and bandwagons why not follow Omni's list?

Even if it's a joke, who cares right? As long as I'm enjoying myself it doesn't matter.

Then you need to give an explanation as well. If you just place a vote and nothing else it doesn't tell us a thing. Even a simple "mentos why did you FOS Ronike for X while ignoring Omni for X"? If you just vote for me what does that tell me? Was there a question you wanted answered? Did I say something wrong? That's what we're going for. We need substance behind these votes.

You realize I explained why I voted him and then Mentosman said basically the exact same thing.

Honestly you guys keep pressuring me for no apparent reason then for me to spoonfeed the game to you it seems. But if I try and form a huge post and you guys latch onto it, I can't scumhunt you guys period.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
fair enough i'll do that from here on out

and jungle start posting more content. my perception of you this game is voicing suspicion of people without voting, prodding inactives without asking them questions, and posting stuff that gets us nowhere that looks like you're posting just to be right which i consider a scumtell. i haven't you seen as very dominant as town before but you're not doing town any favors
Marshy, what do you think of Hando comparing himself to MegaMafia? As in coasting
still really want him dead. his "i don't like to be active in the discussion" is garbage. town hando played well in hpmafia and he should always play like that as town. he was active and posting content which is partly why we killed him there. there's a lot to discuss here and his being useless with all the content means something's up

Handorin

Smash Hero
I was town in HP for all of one day. I would almost say my activity slightly dropped when I became mafia, but that does not help my case much.

Rule #1: I'm always mafia
Sleepover: Mafia Godmother
HP Mafia: Mafia recruited Doc
Normal Mafia: Warlock, but I actually helped town and faked on mafia. Go me.
BIM: Mafia GF
Spidermafia: Politician, decided to go with mafia

Riddle

Smash Lord
Honestly you can't say Riddle is playing with a townie vibe at all, look at his entire last post.

Some scum "ask me questions" with a big old pile of WIFOM on top of it.

Yum yum my favorite kind.
I honestly don't know how you expect me to defend myself. The only accusation against me is that the 'mistakes' I made weren't actually mistakes at all. While I know that they were I can't prove this to you and th only way to argue it is WIFOM. I fully agree that my entire argument was WIFOM, but its really my only option with these accusations leveled against me. Give me something more solid to defend myself against and I won't resort to WIFOM.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You realize I explained why I voted him and then Mentosman said basically the exact same thing.

Honestly you guys keep pressuring me for no apparent reason then for me to spoonfeed the game to you it seems. But if I try and form a huge post and you guys latch onto it, I can't scumhunt you guys period.
Not really. You gave us a single sentence saying that Riddle is scummy. You never said why you voted for mentonsman or Hando. Or the other half dozen people you've voted for.

My reasoning has been quite clear. To say that I'm voting you because you aren't spoon feeding us is completely false. I voted for you because you're not giving us any reason for your actions. This benefits no one but the mafia. I'm not looking to you asking "oh please Kevin tell me what to do".

Haha, Handorin you just told us that it's ok to lynch you.

unvote: Kevin

Omni

BRoomer
I'm really glad Chill is more active.

@Chill: Who are your main suspects at the moment?

If we're going to mislynch, I don't want it to be someone who is actively scumhunting and/or stirring up discussion.

In terms of players who are active but don't really contribute: Hando, Jungle, and Omis.

I really don't see why town WOULDN'T be actively participating in scumhunting. Someone tell me if there's a good reason for this.

What does everyone think of the 3 players I mentioned above? I believe those 3 are the play, but I can't determine who should take priority.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Can you say WIFOM much? Just because you are an intelligent poster doesn't mean if you were a rookie scum you wouldn't make mistakes. If smart scum never made mistakes, town could never win. Just realize the "I'm too smart to do that" line points me more to the fact that you're trying to avoid giving solid reasons for things. Not only that, but you made the mistakes, and the reason I find them suspicious is because you are generally intelligent in your posts, which makes it strange.
I am honestly sorry I made some stupid mistakes as not only does it not help me but it hurts town. I can do nothing to atone for these mistakes and I'm no longer going to try. Unless you give me something more to go on I have no idea how to go about defending myself.

I do not know how to defend against that accusation without WIFOM so sorry if you are not satisfied by my response.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Marshy, as you have stated, I've never been a very vocal player. However, I do question those that I have suspicion on. Right now, my vote is on Omis, and I've asked him several questions which he has not answered yet.

What do you mean by posting stuff that gets us nowhere? Honestly I haven't really made a useless post in this game for a while now.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I like how you are currnetly doing the same thing and ignored me asking you why you are suspicious of me. I like how I bet you will ignore this too.
Marshy, as you have stated, I've never been a very vocal player. However, I do question those that I have suspicion on. Right now, my vote is on Omis, and I've asked him several questions which he has not answered yet.
Where are these several questions? I saw two and both of those I answered.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ugh, sorry I've been inactive guys...not that ya seemed to notice XD

Not sure if anyone cares, but I would like to say my piece in several things

I feel that both Riddle and Omis make excellent vote candidates. Riddle for his curiosity of Omni's use of the power and Omis opinion about why scum killed Mcfox. Honestly, I don't know why gave an opinion like that. I'm pretty sure scum wouldn't mind at all for an inactive to not come to the game for awhile. Both answers they gave were pretty scummy.

Riddles, you should really try to explain your actions as to why you would even ask something like that to Omni. You also should give a **** good reason why we shouldn't lynch you. >>

Not much in agreement to Chill's arguement over KevinM. Just want to say that I don't really find KevinM really suspicious and him being dead weight to town is also something I don't agree with.

Not sure what to say about Omni. Marshy brought up some good arguments about Omni. Gotta look into that a bit more I guess.

Omni

BRoomer
I like how you are currnetly doing the same thing and ignored me asking you why you are suspicious of me. I like how I bet you will ignore this too.
I mainly wanted you to speak up since you I nearly forgot you were in the game. You've been coasting so I asked for you to speak up. Here's what you had to say:

There really isnt much to say. Hando seems a bit suspicious but honestly he is playing the game just like I am so I cant really say anything about it. Most of the problems of day 2 have been quarbling over Kevin's playstyle, which while I dislike it, is just indicative of the way he normally acts. I still dislike the play of Omni as usual mostly for acting semi ignorant of others opinions.
I rubbed this off calling it "fluff". Allow me to break it down for you:

"There really isn't much to say."

Uhm, there is a lot to be said. Mainly suspicions based on Gheb flipping town and the actions that were made by everyone yesterday that led up to it. You should always be asking questions or trying to stir up discussion; conversation is essential.

"Hando seems a bit suspicious but honestly he is playing the game just like I am so I can't really say anything about it."

How does Hando seem suspicious? Suspicious in the fact that he's coasting just like you? So you can't say anything about it because it makes you look suspicious as well? Elaborate for us.

"Most of the problems of day 2 have been quarbling over Kevin's playstyle, which I dislike, is just indicative of the way he normally acts."
Then throw this kind of opinion during the discussion when the problem arises so that we can move on and talk about something of more importance.

"I still dislike play of Omni as usual mostly for acting semi ignorant of others opinions."

So are you saying I am the play, or are you just saying you don't like how I'm playing. I won't argue with you in terms of me being "ignorant of others opinions" since we'll both disagree.

So notice how after all of your silence you come up with a post that really doesn't tell us ANYTHING. This is why I've put you in the same category as both Hando and Junglefever.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ugh, sorry I've been inactive guys...not that ya seemed to notice XD

Not sure if anyone cares, but I would like to say my piece in several things

I feel that both Riddle and Omis make excellent vote candidates. Riddle for his curiosity of Omni's use of the power and Omis opinion about why scum killed Mcfox. Honestly, I don't know why gave an opinion like that. I'm pretty sure scum wouldn't mind at all for an inactive to not come to the game for awhile. Both answers they gave were pretty scummy.

Riddles, you should really try to explain your actions as to why you would even ask something like that to Omni. You also should give a **** good reason why we shouldn't lynch you. >>

Not much in agreement to Chill's arguement over KevinM. Just want to say that I don't really find KevinM really suspicious and him being dead weight to town is also something I don't agree with.

Not sure what to say about Omni. Marshy brought up some good arguments about Omni. Gotta look into that a bit more I guess.

The think with Omni was an honest-to-god mistake. I was somewhat suspicious of Omni and I just made a stupid assumption that that would somehow validate Omni's claim or something. I posted it without thinking and upon re-reading later regretted it. However, it is impossible to take back and didn't cause any real harm anyways. Of course I care about being lynched. It would hurt town and I would much rather lynch scum, however I don't know how I should go about defending myself.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Stop passing it off as a mistake, and start at least trying to defend yourself. I think a vote on you is sufficient until you mount some defense.

Vote:Riddle

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The think with Omni was an honest-to-god mistake. I was somewhat suspicious of Omni and I just made a stupid assumption that that would somehow validate Omni's claim or something. I posted it without thinking and upon re-reading later regretted it. However, it is impossible to take back and didn't cause any real harm anyways. Of course I care about being lynched. It would hurt town and I would much rather lynch scum, however I don't know how I should go about defending myself.
Saying this only solifies that you can't actually make a defense for what you did. =/

Riddle

Smash Lord
Stop passing it off as a mistake, and start at least trying to defend yourself. I think a vote on you is sufficient until you mount some defense.

Vote:Riddle
I fully agree what I did was scummy, but I honestly don't know how you expect me to defend myself. The reason I asked Omni that question was this, I was pretty suspicious of Omni, because of the previous day and thought he was likely lying about his claim. I thought if he claimed to use or not use his power (this is where the mistake comes in) than we could figure out that he was lying and lynch him. However, that's obviously faulty logic and the question would have (if answered) given much more information to scum than town.

I'm sorry if my defense isn't enough for you, but it's all I can come up with to defend myself, because there is no good reason for what I did.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Out of my way. I'm going to see my mother.”

17th Vote Count
Riddle (4): Marshy, Mentosman, KevinM, Chaco
Omis (2): Junglefever, Frozenflame

Not voting (7): Omis, Rockin, Omni, Ronike, Riddle, Handorin, Chill

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 27.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I was town in HP for all of one day. I would almost say my activity slightly dropped when I became mafia, but that does not help my case much.

Rule #1: I'm always mafia
Sleepover: Mafia Godmother
HP Mafia: Mafia recruited Doc
Normal Mafia: Warlock, but I actually helped town and faked on mafia. Go me.
BIM: Mafia GF
Spidermafia: Politician, decided to go with mafia
point? just agreeing with me?

what were you metagaming off of? unvote riddle vote omni
ok since i've asked this like 3 times now and haven't gotten an answer my point was that omni has played 1 forum mafia with me before. that was bim where the mechanics are unusual and scumhunting there is pretty different from scumhunting in most games. yet earlier he faulted hando for trying to metagame off of few games when he's doing the same thing here to me. seriously he can die now guys

and tom my vote is on omni
What do you mean by posting stuff that gets us nowhere? Honestly I haven't really made a useless post in this game for a while now.
stuff like:
You don't have to ask questions to someone you think is scummy. As long as they give some form of reason (which he has done now), then their claim is valid.
Riddle twice has had these 'oops guys i'm sorry i really didn't mean what i said in my last post" incidents.
Omis needs to come out and playyyyyy

Seriously.
was what came to mind. but looking back at some of your recent posts i think that image just stuck

Omni

BRoomer
ok since i've asked this like 3 times now and haven't gotten an answer my point was that omni has played 1 forum mafia with me before. that was bim where the mechanics are unusual and scumhunting there is pretty different from scumhunting in most games. yet earlier he faulted hando for trying to metagame off of few games when he's doing the same thing here to me. seriously he can die now guys
I've been ignoring this question because I don't understand how you can't answer yourself.

DG Archive. Specifically studied your play in Batmafia and Totally Normal Mafia.

In regards to Hando, he hasn't seen an example of me play because I haven't been in the DG Archives. My situation doesn't even compare to Hando's situation.

You are a much more aggressive townie in both the games I mentioned above.

And you're starting to become more suspicious to me. You're doing a lot of flip flopping; first you think I'm Scumni. Then you say I am a Doc in a later statement. Later you say you don't know. And now you have a vote on me and want me killed because I've ignored a question that can easily be deduced and thus nullified. The fact that I noticed a difference in your play style was never enough for me to cast a vote on you, but it's always kept you in the back of my mind. To continue, your play with me in Totally Newbie Mafia was very reserved; very similar to your play here.

So I don't mind if you die at a future date. Deal with it. For now, I don't think you take priority.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I've been ignoring this question because I don't understand how you can't answer yourself.

DG Archive. Specifically studied your play in Batmafia and Totally Normal Mafia.
no way of me knowing you checked it. dumb attempt at a "trap" considering not everyone reads through the archive
You are a much more aggressive townie in both the games I mentioned above.
my play was different in those games. i wasn't aggressive in batmafia. that's partly why we ended up lynching the jester

and i AM being aggressive here. i've been on you and jungle for a while now
And you're starting to become more suspicious to me. You're doing a lot of flip flopping; first you think I'm Scumni. Then you say I am a Doc in a later statement. Later you say you don't know. And now you have a vote on me and want me killed because I've ignored a question that can easily be deduced and thus nullified.
the point is to get reads on people for after you die. if you're doc then riddle is probably scum and i'm more confident in lynching hando. if you're scum then i don't have to deal with your dumb posts and suspicions, don't have to worry about scumclaimed doc or silly attempts at trying to clear yourself, etc.

To continue, your play with me in Totally Newbie Mafia was very reserved; very similar to your play here.
no. i'm hinting pretty hard at lynch pools here. i didn't do that in newbie 2

Omni

BRoomer
no way of me knowing you checked it. dumb attempt at a "trap" considering not everyone reads through the archive
It wasn't meant to be a trap. And if I said I metagamed you, checking the DG Archives is the only way I could have done so. My apologies for your lack of deduction skills.

and i AM being aggressive here. i've been on you and jungle for a while now. the point is to get reads on people for after you die. if you're doc then riddle is probably scum and i'm more confident in lynching hando. if you're scum then i don't have to deal with your dumb posts and suspicions, don't have to worry about scumclaimed doc or silly attempts at trying to clear yourself, etc.
You stressed earlier that Gheb's death contained good information to work with yet you haven't worked with any of it. Instead, you're paranoid about my doc claim and you've only pointed out that Jungle has been semi-unhelpful (which you're now unsure about). However, you did bring a decent point about Mentos in regards to D1 activity but you've seem to let that trail go.

I answered your question; you still have your vote on me. If you're keeping it in an attempt to lynch me for information, I think that is a horrible idea considering it will only be a repeat of Gheb's case. Regardless of WIFOM or not, my support toward keeping Gheb alive, my constant scumhunting, my believable claim, the fact that I'm voteblocked, my justified suspicions on Hando/Ronike, the suspicious behavior of Riddle on me, and my attempt to keep discussion alive should be more than enough to keep me from being the D2 play.

If you still think I am the play over players like Hando, Riddle, or Omis then tell me and the rest of us why.

I'm very skeptic of you, but if you really are town I'mma need you to stop tunneling on me with such little weak support. Considering my claim is true it would be ideal to convince everyone to lynch me so that I can't use my powers. This makes me very uncomfortable with you, but moreso Omis and Riddle at the moment.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It wasn't meant to be a trap. And if I said I metagamed you, checking the DG Archives is the only way I could have done so. My apologies for your lack of deduction skills.
no. if you say you metagamed me, i assume you'd be doing it off the games we played together. don't take me being wrong as an opportunity to be an asshat

You stressed earlier that Gheb's death contained good information to work with yet you haven't worked with any of it. Instead, you're paranoid about my doc claim and you've only pointed out that Jungle has been semi-unhelpful (which you're now unsure about). However, you did bring a decent point about Mentos in regards to D1 activity but you've seem to let that trail go.
jungle and mentos are both still in the back of my mind but you're top priority right now because i feel like we lose nothing if you die

my support toward keeping Gheb alive
means nothing. scum defend doomed townies in order to gain credibility often
my constant scumhunting
this is what's giving me the most pause about you. the omis, jungle, and mentos suspicions somewhat line up
my believable claim
no. this is as wrong as you can be. you claimed probable doc which is ideal and acted like it wasn't (you've played dumb as scum before) and you tried to have us believe what you said through wifom (which you've done as scum before). tom had a cult in his last game and you'd be the ideal target. town in hpmafia lost in large part due to everyone failing to be skeptical of hando's doc claim

the fact that I'm voteblocked
too much wifom

my justified suspicions on Hando/Ronike
covered this

the suspicious behavior of Riddle on me
which only applies if you're actually doc which i won't know until you're dead

and my attempt to keep discussion alive
means nothing. you've been active as scum before

i've already said why you can die over anyone else

I'm very skeptic of you, but if you really are town I'mma need you to stop tunneling on me with such little weak support. Considering my claim is true it would be ideal to convince everyone to lynch me so that I can't use my powers.
if you're town i'm going to need you to stop misrepresenting my play in other games to cast suspicion on me, stop acting like we should take you at face value and that you're above suspicion when putting anyone in that position is terrible given hpmafia, safeclaims, and your past play as scum, and stop using wifom so much. rather not have your claim shoved down my throat

Omni

BRoomer
I am being an asshat, Marshy; I apologize.

I really don't think you're scum. I did however want to force responses out of you because no one else was trying to.

There isn't much of anything going on anymore. This has become a really boring game.

Top Bottom