• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, now I want to play the game, but you should have said "spoiler" or something. That was kind of giving away the ending.
How could Lyn possibly be a clone? She is as fast as Shiek with a katana like sword, plus the bow. She would try to get close and dogde attacks while attacking a light speed.
I had no idea who Sigrud was and I already wanted Lyn. Now knowing what Sigrud is like I can understand why people like him, but I still want Lyn.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mind that too much. Too bad there wasn't any dark magic yeah, but thunder, wind, fire and light is good. Plus if you ever get Rhys to a bishop he has a crazy high amount of magic.
I still want to play his game, any possibility of an american rerelease?

GenG

Smash Lord
There is no black magic in PoR, but the magic system focuses on defeating the laguz. White magic doesn't do anything but as for selfdefense for priests.

PoR has the GODLY ability system from FE4 and Thracia 776, while GBA FEs have nothing like that. They are pretty simple compared to previous games, in both plot and gameplay. FE PoR doesn't have the right level design, but in plot and gameplay features was a great improvement. It's understandeable, Fire Emblem arised from a creative crisis because the creator and director of the series leaving Nintendo. I think they are, NOW, on the right track to create a new feeling like the old one,

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
OMG. You're telling me Sigurd's game, the game that Japan has orgasms about, is the PoR Magic System?!?!!?!!? ROFL-COPTER!!!!!

Oh Man, I was even thinking of actually giving him a chance, but I just lost that respect. Phew.....I'm actually tearing...

Lyn has a katana-like blade with the "sheath-involved" attack style. Hiten Mitsurugi is the name from Rurouni Kenshin, probably not the actual one, but you get the idea if you've seen that show. Last time I checked, there weren't many others like her style.

Also, I haven't played Marth's game, but Roy is not Eliwood. I started playing FE6, still not sure where the English in it is, but that's another story. Anyway, from what I can tell, Roy's fighting style is similar to the fencing of people like Eliwood and Eirika, but with a soldier-esque twist to it. He's got the armor and stronger, fiercer, and less fancy attack. That could certainly work well for him.

GenG

Smash Lord
Roy it's not unique (except the fire thing). As I said, he is a Marth rip-off, only way better in stats.
Starts a crappy fencer.
Gets the Sealed Sword, promotes into High Lord.
Becomes a slasher, as he is in Melee, and as Marth did in his games.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
While Lyn could be unique with her speed and all. She would just be a punching bag; with her low defense, light weight, and weak attacks. Ike would be a more solid character b/c he would have average weight, average speed, average defense, and above average power.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Shiek has low weight and few power attacks and she is very good.
SupaSmashBrotha you made Ike sound completely average. Hopefully Nintendo gives him some more thought if they put him in Brawl.

Isn't Eliwood Roy's father? No wonder they seem so similar.
Lyn
Ike
Ephraim
Hector
Black Knight.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"nope, The GBA games had a way way way way way better magic system."

Thats one of the complaints from the GBA games, which is why POR went back to the ORIGINAL style(cept they left out Dark)

FE4/5 was W>T>F>W and L/D>WTF. And the system was loved

GBA games killed it and combined WTF into Anima and....eventually it was changed back to the normal way with FE9.

"Thanks, now I want to play the game, but you should have said "spoiler" or something. That was kind of giving away the ending."

Sorry.....But thats not the ending, thats Sigurds story ending.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Okay so you gave away Sigrud's ending. Thanks.
I never use dark or light magic that much anyway.
Why was Athos forgotten? He hasn't been mentioned recently. Brawl could use some mages. They already have Kid Icarus who is an archer. Why not a mage.
Lyn
Ike
Ephraim
Athos
Hector
Black Knight.

GenG

Smash Lord
Why not a mage.
Well, Zelda is a mage, Ganondorf is a warlock, Ness has psi (MOTHER-esque definition for magic powers)...

One of the average requests, Isaac from Golden Sun, it's what Final Fantasy calls a "geomancer", an earth-based sorcerer.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Miyaka the Lord from F10 is a light mage. Manashima do I honestly give a **** about what the japanese whine about I mean they hate Rare games like Conker but love Tingle and anythig with Pikachu's face slapped on it, if we listened to their complaints we would have nothing but super happy fun time pokemon and tingle party.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Zelda didn't really have good attacks though. For Din's fire you couldn't move, with Narues love it lasted a short time and did little damage (yes I know it is a counter for ranged attacks) and Farore's wind..... well no complaints for that.
Ganondorf is a warlock yes, but in Melee he is a clone or CF. Doesn't count.
Pyschic power isn't the same as magic. Close though.
Conker was disgusting. It tried to hard to funny/gross.
Lyn
Ike
Ephraim
Athos
Hector
Black Knight (or at least a chance to fight him)

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
If any mage is going to be in then it should be Isaac. Camelot has a very close relationship with Nintendo so I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Isaac or any other badass GS character in brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
well camelot was 2nd party for Nintendo and they still are sorta but they also want to make a golf game on the PC, I have played Golden Sun I don't see why it's so great...

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
B/c of its unique djinn system. Golden Sun is definate;y one of my all-time favorite games.

I could've went on and on about why GS is so great but I just don't feel like it.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoyed GS. but isn't that memorable. I already forgot most of the characters.
Wasn't there a sequel? I should try to find that....

Conker was as subtle as a flying mallot.
Miyaka could be good though.
I thought that girls couldn't have light magic. That only monks could, and girls couldn't be monks.
Lucius............

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Okay, calm down...
I am just unsure of Lucius' gender. Maybe it lied on the application to become a monk or something.
Why can there be female bishops but not monks? I would think that the higher post would have the restrictions on it.
But yeah miyaka would be good.
Still prefer Athos though.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Alm from Fire Emblem Gaiden (which "Gaiden" means "side story") might not even have a single chance at entering SSBB as a trophy, because of the title he appeared in is perhaps the least popular Fire Emblem title. However, one or two of the features that Fire Emblem Gaiden has were used in Fire Emblem 9: The Sacred Stones. Read this Wikipedia article.

Before Lyn (or Lyndis), there was Celica, who is the first female Lord of the Fire Emblem franchise. She also appeared in Fire Emblem Gaiden.

And here is the Gaiden and Genealogy of the Holy War commercial ads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYrxUSlSw7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcT-yQ2bxzc

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Personally i'd like to see Ephraim, Lyn, Ike(Combo of Marth and Roy), and Hector. Roy will most likely not be in the game, but Marth probably will be, taking Lyn out. 1 for each weapon is a must for me though.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"Technically, Celica's not of the lord class."

IS itself says thinks of Alm and Celica as lords.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Personally i'd like to see Ephraim, Lyn, Ike(Combo of Marth and Roy), and Hector. Roy will most likely not be in the game, but Marth probably will be, taking Lyn out. 1 for each weapon is a must for me though.
Ike needs to die and Lyn and Marth need to be in with possibly Hector.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The Black Knight of FE9 is a good FE villian, but might I present you with King Zephiel of FE6.

One of the more badass main villians of the FE series, IMO. A bit of a tragic character, though, but he gets the job done nicely. Now I KNOW he ain't happening (but niether is Nergal), but I thought I'd through him out anyways. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow Zephiel looks so less... Impresive on that official art work. I dunno, but in FE6 he gave a far more mighty impression on me. Anyways, yeah Zephiel rocks!
He faked his death and when his father checked him, he killed him.
But he ain't happening indeed.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
But isn't that usually the case with FE official artwork? I mean Hector certainly doesn't look as fierce as he's renowned to be in his official piece... :chuckle:

But yeah... unfortunately there dosen't really seem to be ANY likely contenders for an FE villian in SSBB, save maybe for the Black Knight. Then again, think there might be a chance for Alvis or Julius from FE4?
(Certainly not that LOSER Manfloy... :p )

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Well the only one I have heard of (that would work) is Black Knight. I doubt they would put in a Japanese villain when there is a very good one in Both countries. But I could be wrong, also a little bias. I really want to kill him again.

Kojy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kojyneox
i havent played any of the new FE but i´d love to see Sigurd, Selis, Ayra or even Shannon on Brawl, the are great melee units in FE

They sure deserve a spot there (Specially sigurd)

Creator of Kirby and the Super Smash Bros. series Masahiro Sakurai stated that he had always dreamed of Sigurd being in Super Smash Bros. ever since he created it, although he was not sure if Japanese only characters would be a big hit in other places such as North America, Europe, and Australia. With the success of Marth and Roy in Super Smash Bros. Melee in the aforementioned regions, Sigurd has been rethought about being put in the next installment of Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for Nintendo's Wii.

Kojy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kojyneox

justice

Smash Ace
Eliwood's sword isn't a broadsword. It's just ...a sword. They (Nintendo) seriously NEED to do something with about that weapon. Proportionally, its one of the biggest swords in gaming.

Your **** right though: Ephraim and Hector would pwn.
Do I hear some rivarly for Roy Father versus Son.
I would like to see only a few characters that is Lyn, maybe Ike, Krystal, and maybe some more Link characters. The orginal cast I don't want to go in detail about now.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Eliwood's sword isn't a broadsword. It's just ...a sword. They (Nintendo) seriously NEED to do something with about that weapon. Proportionally, its one of the biggest swords in gaming.

Your **** right though: Ephraim and Hector would pwn.
It's a Rapier a sword that is built for stabbing not cutting.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Japanese FE characters would fill up the Japan only character so if Sigurd gets in that means Takamaru, Sukapon, Stafy, Demiru, Lip and others can't get in, that is the sole reason I am against him.

When Hector gets in he should be in his FE7 apperance, Bowserlick admit it his FE6 look is very unlikely and unrecognisable and ugly, maybe as an alternate costume.

The FE villains the way I see it are.

If
Lyn/Hector/Eliwood: Nergal (Dark Magic)
Roy (if he returns): Zephiel (only because he apperead a little bit in FE7)
Eirika/Ephraim: Lyon (Dark Magic)
Ike/Mikaya: Black Knight (Lances etc.)

Top Bottom