• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Kojy, on current affairs and pop culture, Wikipedia is insanely unreliable. People just post whatever they want there and hope it does something.

The Black Knight and the new bad guy from FEWii are the only two who actually have a chance. Although Lyon would be so much more bad*ss. Mind you, the chances of even those two are incredibly slim, so don't get your hopes too high.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, I'm gonna bump this thread because I had this strange idea today when I woke up.

First I'll tell ya'll how I got to this idea. Yesterday night, I went out with some friends of mines and I drank alot. I saw all strange things, as tigers in the disco and lantarns looking like giraffes. I woke up at a strange house which apperantly was of my friend's cousin. When I walked out the door I was still a lil bit dizzy. Then I saw a man cycling by holding a shove and it looked alot like a paladin to me... O_O; Dunno why though but I though it really was a man riding a horse, my friend who apperantly didn't drank as much told me it was a man riding a bike however... But the strangest thing was... I could see a whole FE related moveset suiting for Brawl! ._.

So here's how it goes: the character would be a FE character who carries a Lance and rides a horse. Because the horse is pretty big, the Paladin character would be rather heavy, probarly as heavy as Melee Ganondorf.

The horse should be able to charge speed while running. Some moves could be excuted better with full charged speed because the long lag after some moves wouldn't be as bothersome. When the horse would have full charged speed, it would run as fast as Sheik/Pikachu and Yoshi, perhaps slower... But rather uncontrolable since it would take a while to stop the horse from running. The charging wouldn't take much time, and it's basically almost unnoticable since it would take 3~4 seconds to get full speed.
The horse could also be used in some attacks, like the Forward Tilt attack could be a donkey kick.

I would prefer the Lance over the Sword for the Paladin character. There are 3 sort of weapons in Fire Emblem, the Sword, The Axe and the Lance. But I don't need to explain that to you all. The weapon triangle is one of the main things which makes Fire Emblem unique, and I would love to see a character representing the Lance in Smash Bros.

The actuall character being the Paladin still remains a unknown thing for me, as there are many to choose from. However, I wouldn't pick a Cavalier you get at the beginning of the game... I'd rather have Sigurd or Ephraim for this, Eliwood is also possible... But I'd rather not have him because people would confuse him with Roy, also Eliwood's main weapon is the Sword not the Lance. (Sigurd's is to IIRC but he's mainly protretted with a Lance, so it wouldn't mather as much...)

Now here comes a more intressting feature of the character... Sigurd/Ephraim/Oscar/Sain/Jeigan/whoever would be able to go UNMOUNTED!
This could work by 2 things:
1) The Horse has cetrain stamina. I would think 50~60% would be reasonable. Also note that ALL the moves should be aimed directly at the horse. If the Horse's % is over it's stamina... It would get blasted of the stage at high speed or just vanish. ._. This could work cuz this is Super Smash Bros. after all.
2) By recovering back to the stage. (I'll explain that one later.)

This could be some possible B moves:

B: Javelin. The Paladin/promoted Lord throws a throwing spear. The move takes a while to excute, and it couldn't be spammed... This is basically an useless move when you don't have a speed charge, but if your at full speed, the spear would travel much further. The damage would be around 11%~13%.

>B: Lance Thrust. Bascially, this move would be excuted much like how the FE Cavalier attacks with the lance. It would be a rather strong attack, with a sweetspot. The sweetspot would be much like Marth's... On the point of the blade, which in this case is also on the point of the lance. The move takes a while to get to the fullest range though. It would do around 18% damage with rather good knockback.

^B: Pegasus Call. Errr... Well this is impossible in the Fire Emblem games since the Pegasus Knight and the Social Knights are way diffrent classes, but hear me out. When the character uses this move, he calls a Pegasus to let it fly back to the stage... The horse disapears when you do this though. It would be a pretty good recovery move, and as I explained earlier... This is also a way to make your character unmounted, you do this by haning on the edge however if you want to stay mounted just return to the stage where your horse is waiting for you. Ofcoarse an experiened player wouldn't LET the horse wait for you... So thats why the horse would be invincable (sp?) when your off the stage. It would be intressting because it would also represent the Pegasi in Fire Emblem. The Pegasus would fly of the stage just as fast as it magically appeares.

vB: Spear Swing. The move would be excuted like how the Generals, Armor Knights, Cavaliers and unpromoted Ephraim Cricital with the Lance. Good range, good speed, coffers both sides, good knockback if sweetspotted... but VERY hard to do so. This could also be the character's Down Smash, but Down B works aswel.

The Ariel Moves are always excuted unmounted, and the Paladin would jump of his horse, but I won't go further into that one. =)

And while I 100% know this won't happen, it sure would be cool, and intressting... :)
I hope you guys like the idea and will give feedback on this since it took a long time to make this post. ^^

~DDK

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong. It is deffinitly interesting and it would be an interesting concept but I would rather they stuck with a Lord. I wouldnt be mad if a paladin made it in though.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They could use Elincia if you want a horse charcter I suppose. What is the legal age to drink where your at last I saw your just 16?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
16 is the limit in my country atleast. ^^

Zombie, there are Lord's who ride horses to. Also there where some Paladins who did have a rather important role in the Fire Emblem games. Eliwood was portraited as a Paladin to in FE6, and in FE7 his promotion makes him mounted to. Ephraim, the first Lord who mains the Lance gets a mounted promotion to...

And we ofcoarse always have Sigurd. :D

zombie7775

Smash Lord
16 is the limit in my country atleast. ^^

Zombie, there are Lord's who ride horses to. Also there where some Paladins who did have a rather important role in the Fire Emblem games. Eliwood was portraited as a Paladin to in FE6, and in FE7 his promotion makes him mounted to. Ephraim, the first Lord who mains the Lance gets a mounted promotion to...

And we ofcoarse always have Sigurd. :D
Im not saying its a bad idea cause i did know that some paladins had a big role. Im just saying it is an interesting Idea.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Drinking at any age. I think Perrysburg would be one big hangover if they could drink here at any age. :laugh:

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Drinking at any age. I think Perrysburg would be one big hangover if they could drink here at any age. :laugh:
I didn't get a hangover from the apple wine incident. That was a good day it got me through Geometry sophmore year, well one day atleast. It was good soup it had an alcohol broth which the teacher never tried because she was allergic to something in it or she would have noticed I'm sure. That was the only soup I drank the brothand went back for more. 4 times to be exact. Thank you to a certain Russian friend of mine for not cooking the alcohol out.:)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Dweller look at our school and tell me how many of them would never think about drinking if they could legally.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I think they will either put Ike, or Sothe in for the Daein stage... I hate Ike soo much :(. He is annoying.

Hector would be pwnage... He would just go "GRAH! I CRUSH U!"

They might add 1 or 2 charries from FE... *wants sigurd in*

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I think they will either put Ike, or Sothe in for the Daein stage... I hate Ike soo much :(. He is annoying.

Hector would be pwnage... He would just go "GRAH! I CRUSH U!"

They might add 1 or 2 charries from FE... *wants sigurd in*
Lyn all the way, I hate both Ike and Soothe and I don't believe that is the Daein flag. Check Marth's anime it seems more like that flag to me, so it may be Marth's stage.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Its a zelda stage, look at the TP videos, rather play the game when it comes out in 6 or so days, youll see that its a TP stage.

Also they wouldnt add a stage for acharacter who doesnt exist in the game yet

GenG

Smash Lord
Its a zelda stage, look at the TP videos, rather play the game when it comes out in 6 or so days, youll see that its a TP stage.

Also they wouldnt add a stage for acharacter who doesnt exist in the game yet
There is no such castle in the videos I've seen. You are refering to the Hyrule Castle,
which is sieged too
but it's in the middle of a city. And they won't match in style, palette and background.

A character that doesn't exist in the game? What about Yoshi's Island? Everybody assumed Yoshi will be when saw the stage. I'm confident that this castle stage is the one from FE1 chapter 20 and FE3 chapter 19 (although they changed the whole setup for the stage in FE3).

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yay! Anti-Ike Support!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't mind Marth being in it, just don't put Ike in as well. Blue is NOT THE ONLY FE REP HAIR COLOR. There is also RED and more recently being repped is TEAL[green].

NO MORE BLUE HAIRED FREAKS

Also: MORE VULNERARIES PLEASE!
[If Vuln's are Joy Juice, then what is Elixir's? Everclear? O.o]

GenG

Smash Lord
When it comes to Fire emblem, hair color doesn't matter. I can put it this way too:

I won't mind Marth being in it, just don't put Roy or Eliwood as well. Royalty IS NOT THE ONLY FE LORD STATUS. There is also MERCENARIES and more recently being repped is THIEF.

See? :laugh:

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
When it comes to Fire emblem, hair color doesn't matter. I can put it this way too:

I won't mind Marth being in it, just don't put Roy or Eliwood as well. Royalty IS NOT THE ONLY FE LORD STATUS. There is also MERCENARIES and more recently being repped is THIEF.

See? :laugh:
It has not been confirmed that Sothe is the the lord of FE10, it is speculated that Mikaya the light mage will be the lord.

FE character that are a lord(main character) will be picked over less important characters (Boyd, Lex, Raven, Dieck, Garcia, etc...)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I agree it will probably be a lord but they could throw everyone a curve by adding someone else.

GenG

Smash Lord
Hair color only matters in FE in one way. It shows a rough outline of bloodline. In some cases of course. Not all.
Yes, usually the blue hair was reserved for the main character/s, but they messed with this in FE6 and recovered it for Path of Radiance. I don't care about "traditions" either, not like these people which are making a fuss over the righty Link in the Wii version of Zelda TP.

It has not been confirmed that Sothe is the the lord of FE10, it is speculated that Mikaya the light mage will be the lord.
I didn't knew about that, I just thought that both were lords, much like Ephraim and Eirika in TSS or your average trio in FE7. I'm looking forward to GoD, as a sequel for one of the best 4 Fire Emblem I've ever played.

Kirby knight said:
FE character that are a lord(main character) will be picked over less important characters (Boyd, Lex, Raven, Dieck, Garcia, etc...)
It's pretty obvious that the picks are limited to lords only due to the nature of the series. But these picks won't be conditioned by trivial things like the hair color... Or the social status. I just expect both Marth and Ike to be in, I don't really care about anyone else.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Regarding TBD's earlier comment, I think that flag is indeed from FE1/FE3 (the crest of Macedonia, I beleive) and NOT that of Daein from FE9 - in fact it's been PROVEN that it is not Daein's crest upon close-up inspection, but I guess it hasn't sunk in yet. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any images to support that claim, as there is a shamefully insufficient amount of media available for FE1/FE3... Is anyone able to verify that?

GenG

Smash Lord
The_Basement has a point.

The two chapters made are masterfully adaptations from the game, it's a shame they dropped the series.

I'm going to check out the two manga volumes I have, and see if the flag pops somewhere else.

Top Bottom