• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Characters

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
The guy said Fe8 wasnt as popular as FE7 is wrong. In america maybe i dont know, but in Japan FE8 is definately more popular, it took numbers from classics FE games that made it alot more enjoyable(like skills) to them.

FE7 is probably the least liked FE game in japan( well lowest selling GBA FE anyway) they really didnt like the addition of lyns story, being a tutorial and all, and it was alot more simplistic compared to the previous games(fe6 also)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Well... They might not get much support here.... but anyways...

How about those new Fire Emblem 10 characters?

They could represent the new line of the Wii generation characters along with H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Disaster: Day of Crisis guy..... well at least the girl (the guy seems to be Sothe, who was in Fire Emblem 9 for GC). The guy is an assassin and the girl could be a mage. If they both happen to be main characters, they would be the first assasin and mage lords. That's why I think they at least deserve a shot. But i dunno about you guys, thats IMO.

Now from fantasy land to reality land (as some of you might say) I think Lyn, Ike, and Sigurd deserve a spot for Brawl, along with the returning Marth (thats alot of blue heads!). Then they could throw in one of the FE10 characters.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
I think that the guy IS Sothe... problem was he died in my game! lol.

Does anyone know that girls name? If they do the same for FE chars as they did in the last SSB game, then these two are going to be in and maybe another... boo...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
outrunrazgriz said:
I think that the guy IS Sothe... problem was he died in my game! lol.

Does anyone know that girls name? If they do the same for FE chars as they did in the last SSB game, then these two are going to be in and maybe another... boo...
Yes, it has been made official that the guy is Sothe. If you played with him in Path of Radiance, you may have noticed that he was searching for someone, but in the end he didn't find him/her. Also, if you used Sothe in battles and he was defeated, he didn't die but he retreated.

Some people thought that the girl was Illyana, the 2th mage you get. But this is probally fake since only her hair resembles Illyana.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I think she IS Illyana. Probarly because she went to Daein to after PoR together with Sothe. She still is very thin but her eyes are more open now and she wears diffrent clothes.

And Im all for Sothe in Brawl. Even though he couldnt promote I always liked him in FE9. Also I think the thief looks very cool in battle.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well I played Fire Emblem 4 and had Ayra join me. OMG, she kicks @$$! I now know why the Japanese like her so much. Hell, now I really want her in SSBB.

The only unit better than her is Sigurd (who can wipe out a whole army by himself).

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong said:
Well I think she IS Illyana. Probarly because she went to Daein to after PoR together with Sothe. She still is very thin but her eyes are more open now and she wears diffrent clothes.

And Im all for Sothe in Brawl. Even though he couldnt promote I always liked him in FE9. Also I think the thief looks very cool in battle.
I never played FE9 before, but is this Illyana?

Now compare.

If so she doesnt look anything alike, therefore she can't be her. Also if she was Illyana, she supposed to be older, since Sothe is older here.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
NukeA6 said:
Well I played Fire Emblem 4 and had Ayra join me. OMG, she kicks @$$! I now know why the Japanese like her so much. Hell, now I really want her in SSBB.

The only unit better than her is Sigurd (who can wipe out a whole army by himself).
It's true. I just downloaded an English version of FE4 (%80 translated,) and Sigurd is a monster.
But, like Ike, he reminds me as a slightly longer haired version of Marth. The only reason I'd put Sigurd in the game is his ability to use both swords and lances.

But I hate Sothe. Wasn't he and Mist considered the two worst characters in the PoR?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Destruction_King said:
It's true. I just downloaded an English version of FE4 (%80 translated,) and Sigurd is a monster.
But, like Ike, he reminds me as a slightly longer haired version of Marth. The only reason I'd put Sigurd in the game is his ability to use both swords and lances.

But I hate Sothe. Wasn't he and Mist considered the two worst characters in the PoR?
I know Mist is pretty bad... But Sothe? As far as I know Sothe becomes a killer machine when hes a sage. Also with just a Mend Staff he can heal around 45 HP. I think Illyana is far worse then him. I dont per se want him in Brawl but I wouldnt mind.

Ohh and Chido yeah that is Illyana. The only thing what REALLY is diffrent are her eyes. The two characters do have similair clothing style. But that doesnt says much.

Also can someone PM me the link where to download the translated version of FE4?

Player00

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong said:
I know Mist is pretty bad... But Sothe? As far as I know Sothe becomes a killer machine when hes a sage. Also with just a Mend Staff he can heal around 45 HP. I think Illyana is far worse then him. I dont per se want him in Brawl but I wouldnt mind.
He's talking about Sothe, the thief you find on the boat. You're talking about the mage you find in the desert with the extra movement.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong said:

Ohh and Chido yeah that is Illyana. The only thing what REALLY is diffrent are her eyes. The two characters do have similair clothing style. But that doesnt says much.

Also can someone PM me the link where to download the translated version of FE4?
That's Soren, not Sothe.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I didn't even know there WERE translated versions of FE. FE fans must be really desperate for the old FE games. We should start a thread as a sort of petition to ask Nintendo for translated versions of these games.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Pit 42 said:
I didn't even know there WERE translated versions of FE. FE fans must be really desperate for the old FE games. We should start a thread as a sort of petition to ask Nintendo for translated versions of these games.
The translated version I found was on an emulator called ZSNES. And as for Nintendo re-releasing the Fire Emblem games in English, it's very possible that they could be downloaded on the Wii's backlist. There's been a lot of talk about that from people I know.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
That's pretty interesting. If they are eventually availible for download, you can be sure I'll get 'em all.

Also, are there any other Japanese games translated with ZSNES? Like, Mother 1 or something?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Sigurd might be pretty cool. I haven't really played the game he was in. He's in Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu? It'd be nice to play as the guy who put an end to the "sucky leader syndrome" in the FE games.

When I think about it, Sothe might be a character in Brawl to help promote FE Wii. Just a thought.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Pit 42 said:
That's pretty interesting. If they are eventually availible for download, you can be sure I'll get 'em all.

Also, are there any other Japanese games translated with ZSNES? Like, Mother 1 or something?

I'm not sure. To tell the truth, the only reason FE4 was translated is because ZSNES made an english patch for it. The game's roughly 80% translated, so if you can find the patch, then I guess so. See what you can find.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
I can email FE4, the emulator(not zsnes, that sucks, i use snes9x) and a patch if anyone wants to play Fe4

Also I have FE3(marths game) with book 1 fully translated, (book 2 0%)
Have FE5 which hass no story tranlsation, but menus/items/names and classes are.

Just send me you Email address

Also yes Sigurd is a monster, but wait till you get Celice(sigurds son)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Manashima said:
I can email FE4, the emulator(not zsnes, that sucks, i use snes9x) and a patch if anyone wants to play Fe4

Also I have FE3(marths game) with book 1 fully translated, (book 2 0%)
Have FE5 which hass no story tranlsation, but menus/items/names and classes are.

Just send me you Email address

Also yes Sigurd is a monster, but wait till you get Celice(sigurds son)
Oh, so Celice is in FE 4. I don't know this yet since I'm only in Chapter 2.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
no reason to promote sothes game like roys( i can explain if need be) nintendo wont tell sakurai to put sothe in their this time cause FE is full blown now unlike in roys time

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Manashima said:
no reason to promote sothes game like roys( i can explain if need be) nintendo wont tell sakurai to put sothe in their this time cause FE is full blown now unlike in roys time
I think i know why. Because before Roy's game, there wasn't any new Fire Emblem game for a while since FE5 (like 4-5 years), am i right? I mean they did skipped the whole N64 generation and there wasn't any for the Gameboy Color.

Still I think it would be a nice idea to promote their new characters in this game, specially Sothe, seens he's a returning character. As for the girl, i guess she could the most promoting one, and a good choise since she would be the first mage lord (if she is a main).

And if you think Roy was just the one who promoted FE to the States and Europe, your kinda wrong. Both Marth and Roy did. What Roy promoted was the game that was coming out in Japan.

cu00x19

Smash Apprentice
*Ahem

*coughs* Matthew and Colm both own Jaffar because pre-evies have crap stats with no decent stat growths. And Matthew is blonde. IMO, Roy should stay as he is, add Lyn, Hector, one of the Manaketes as a random helper in one player mode, Lyon shold be a "boss" during the FE Adventure mode, FE style will be used to GET TO him. Battles are fought traditional SSB style (if they add it)-It would be funny as H3LL!

Ex: Bowser, moves up 3, right 1, checks items, uses vulenary! XD Lolz!

Also!
**Lyn.
Special Moves:

Up+b: Her basic attack with the Sol Katti in her Blade Lord form. High Priority.

Down+b: Parries an attack, dodges behind enemy and attacks with two slashes. Mid priority. If her opponent is fast enough, they can powershield the first, maybe second hit.

b: Her crit animation from her Lord form. Must charge for more hits. Low-High priority. Sweet spot the first blow and you get her Blade Lord crit! **Cannot sweet spot in the air.**

Forward+b: Her bow? or something...I dunno. Make it cool and Lyn-esque; Fast and sexy.

Hector...Hmmm. Only Nintendo has the right imagination for his moveset! Just imagine. Press Forward+b (used like Marth's Forward+b) in a pattern and you get rewarded with his Armads crit! Holy 5H17...

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Chidosengan said:
I think i know why. Because before Roy's game, there wasn't any new Fire Emblem game for a while since FE5 (like 4-5 years), am i right? I mean they did skipped the whole N64 generation and there wasn't any for the Gameboy Color.

Still I think it would be a nice idea to promote their new characters in this game, specially Sothe, seens he's a returning character. As for the girl, i guess she could the most promoting one, and a good choise since she would be the first mage lord (if she is a main).

And if you think Roy was just the one who promoted FE to the States and Europe, your kinda wrong. Both Marth and Roy did. What Roy promoted was the game that was coming out in Japan.

Blarg Blarg Blarg.

Roy was in the game as advertisement for his new game, and I'll admit that. But now that Fire Emblem has become more international, we want to see our favorite characters, not plugging something new. Players have become familiar with characters from FE7, 8, and 9, and no offense but Sothe isn't exactly the most popular character. Worldwide fans now have a say in who enters SSBB from the Fire Emblem world, and advertisement would waste a good spot for a deserving character.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Chidosengan said:

Sorta, FE4 was the last mainstream FE realesed in 1996. FE5 was released in 1999 by magazine , then re-released in 2000(yeah PS2 era) on the SNES! it sold poorly becasue of it. Nintendo promoted FE6 because one of there most popular franchises hasnt been played since 1996 by fan majority. So they insisted on roy being featured instead of Sigurd, who came from the final mainstream game FE4.

Now a FE game comes out every year or so, nintendo wont tell sakurai what to do now, hes free to put in anybody he thinks is popular enough instead of promoting so and so game(like FE10.)

Virtually i mean the ONLY reason anybody from FE10 will be in if nintendo tells sakurai to put them in to promote their game, which they wont cause there is no need to do so in FE's current state(mainstream again)

NOJ thought Marth/Roy wouldbe dummied out, but NOA didnt for time most likely, they didnt keep them to "promote" FE in the states, or else FE6 wopuld of been localized before FE7.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Personally, I say they should put in...
Soren:

To cut back on the sword-users and spellcasters are a better choice anyways.

Lethe:

To give us another transforming character.​

OR

Switch out Marth for Ike, dump Roy, and add in The Black Knight as Ike's villian.

The Black Knight

But that's just my personal opinion though.

carter

Smash Rookie
*drool* A spellcaster. I think another transformer kind of character would be fun too, but most of all... I would LOVE to see a spellcaster, if not from FE, then from any other game.

Also, a change of swordsmen would be good too, roy/marth bore me.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Mmm, if there would be a spellcaster in this game, I would pick Nino. My personal favorite and also the strongest I've played with(gotta admit, Ewan can become better but just isn't my type since he is more a child then Nino(If you got Support Rank A between Jaffar and Nino, you'll notice why I don't count Nino as a child)).

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Cool suggestions there Ferro de Lupe, but I doubt Lethe has a big chance, since she is a minor recruit. And I have seen any fandom of her. I give her 20% for uniqueness.

Although Black Knight is a main villain, i don't think he can't make it. I just don't know why, but it doesn't feel like he has a chance. My rating is 10% because more main character deserve it more.

Soren, on the other hand, is also a minor recruit, but is very popular (specially with the girls). I guess he has a moderated chance (about 40-50%) like Arya.

Now for parrothead. Marth is most likely to return. I give him 70%.

Roy was just for promotion, and FE6 didn't sell well. He is most likely to be kicked out. 20% for a return.

I don't know who Alm is so i can't rate.

I guess i should give my picks. Rate them plz!

Lyn:

Marth

Sigurd

New Girl (possible first mage lord):

Ike:

Sothe (possible first assasin lord):

Arkenlog

Smash Rookie
i think they should take out roy, he was just a watered down version of Marth.
keep Marth, add Ike give him his own move set cus i dont ike clones (even though i have not played fe radiance, he looks cool), add lyndis she can be quickest of the bunch( she was cool), and add Hector he'll be most powerful with his axe.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Chidosengan said:
I guess i should give my picks. Rate them plz!

Lyn:

Marth

Sigurd

New Girl (possible first mage lord):

Ike:

Sothe (possible first assasin lord):
Gladly. Lyn, Marth, and Sigurd are good.

I don't know anything about Ike.

No to the new girl and I don't like males who wear belly shirts.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I'll go with your first two Marshigo. Lyn and Marth are deserving. Sigurd is deserving as well, but I'm going to give Soren the edge over Sigurd for two reasons.

1. PoR was released outside of Japan.
2. There are no mages in SSBB yet. Soren would be more interesting to see.

Nothing against Sigurd though.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Meh, I'd rather have Canas over any other mage user(despite his crazy hair that I hate) but I know that's not going to happen.

I think Sigurd has a good chance, and I don't know who Soren is so I can't really say anything about him.

Top Bottom