• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
By 'n00b card' I mean I honestly thought nothing of dropping my vote on Beat.

unvote: Beatstick

I'm a little bit too jumpy atm.
If you thought nothing of it, why did you wait until I supported you in that it was a vacuous line of questioning before voting (you literally voted right after my post?). Furthermore, Noob card implies it's a mistake and furthermore that you KNOW it's a mistake, why is your vote still on him then?

Vote: Luxor

Still waiting on X1's reaction.

X1-12

Smash Champion
short version:

Unvote
Vote: Overswarm

I'm very confident OS has previously said that different people play different styles, for example X1 loves to pressure wagon, however then he called me out for doing exactly that.

Nabe was genuine in knowing that I was doing it for pressure, as was Gboy.

Glyph/Luxor also looking scummy iirc.

Beat!

Smash Master
Aaaaand a bit of scum huntin'.

After spending your first post entirely downplaying your ability as a mafia player, you follow up much later with a post that's...well, good. Suspiciously so. Someone who was kinda shaky on mafia terminology and the likes shouldn't have the confidence you show in that post (and others, now that I'm reading back)

So either:

1)You're bipolar, and you had a moodswing from modest to macho-man
2)You lied about how much you know/You're being coached (i.e., the scum option)
3)Some third option that I've probably overlooked

Regardless for now, I'll feel safe with my vote on you.

unvote vote Beatstick
That post was mostly meant as an introduction. I kinda didn't want to say that it was my first game, since it could be considered a noobcard, but as I said, it was an introduction.

Regarding the"moodswing", I thought that sounding confident and actually posting my own thoughts would be way better than spending the game going "I'm a noob, so m

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
short version:

Unvote
Vote: Overswarm

I'm very confident OS has previously said that different people play different styles, for example X1 loves to pressure wagon, however then he called me out for doing exactly that.

Nabe was genuine in knowing that I was doing it for pressure, as was Gboy.

Glyph/Luxor also looking scummy iirc.
Could you respond to gboy's post on you guys' case against him please?

Beat!

Smash Master
Ok, keeping it short:
Glyph, I never said that I was shaky on terminology. I said that I was familiar with almost all terms. But w/e.

You say that my post was good. Does that mean you agree with my reads? If not, could you please post your stances? Also, how would you feel about a Luxor lynch if no one joins your wagon?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
giraffelasergun replaces Gordito

9/16|01.27.10 11:59AM EST

votee|voters
adumbrodeus|Rajam/

frozenflame751|Red Ryu/

Overswarm|giraffelasergun/X1-12/

giraffelasergun|Raziek/Nabe/

X1-12|Nicholas1024/

Zεη|Vult Redux/

Red Ryu|Zεη/

Luxor|BeatStick/adumbrodeus/

Glyph|Glyph/

No Vote|Cdubs1987/frozenflame751/Overswarm/Luxor/

@Mod: Would the activities shown on a players profile be considered technical data? Along with the time.

Like, Last Activity: Replying to thread

or something.
#Mod: No.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
OS: I put gboy on pause because I know he can easily be lynched and that people will think everything he says is scummy. Had someone that could properly defend themselves and sway votes away, I would stay focused on gboy to prevent recall. But I may as well make more of our time since glg is more lynch prone.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
hm well glg replacement isn't so bad.
Really?

Can't say cause I need you to live.

Can you quote where x1 was baiting reactions/slips.
Wait, why did I even click multiquote here and what was this in reference to?
This post is off to a great start.

Ohoh I remember. It really bugs me that you're taking the high road here w.r.t. your stances determining who lives or dies, as if you're running the game. It reminds me of FFVI when I called mafia!you and rPSIndy out for taking the high ground when addressing me (I was new) and you both promptly denied doing so.

Do you really believe the bolded to be true? Do you think that scum would kill Beatstick because you say he's (I can only assume) town? On a different note, why do you say you need him to live?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also I didn't propose a quick lynch to intentionally look scummy. I don't think it's scummy to want to lynch scum. I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't just voting for rvs shenanigans and see who would follow and who would continue to pass it off as a joke despite me showing that I was serious.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Not telling. ♪
This isn't how the game works.
Gord asks you two simple unbiased questions and you should answer them.
Add to that your opinion on Gord's wagon and the people that are on it.

Common practice is a very good reason. That's why Gordito has all those votes.
X1, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you actually think that Gord's post was a "standard scum tell". Swiss commonly starts games with posts just like those; J as well. This and your tendency to gambit for reads was why I assumed you were doing so.

As I've shown above, Luxor, I don't think that X1 was fully behind what he said. Does this cause your opinion on this issue to shift? i.e. is "common practice" still a good reason?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Making lists is in no way a "standard scum tell" it was a ruse to gather the reactions of players.

Nabe in case you didn't get it, when I said I was counting votes that was meant to show you I didn't want him lynched. I haven't paid any attention to gboys posts yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tell you 100% if he is town or scum, the only possibility is that he's replacing out before he posts enough for me to tell but I think he's got enough. Gboy is pretty transparent, especially to me

Beat!

Smash Master
Nabe, would you consider joining the Luxor wagon? He hasn't posted much content, and when confronted by adum after voting me, he immediately unvoted. He even claimed that it was a noobcard. IMO he's the lynch toDay.

Also, do you agree that x1=town?

Luxor

Smash Champion
My meaning in that post was essentially that it can't hurt to jump on the bandwagon, unless that bandwagon says "Lynch Lux" on the side. Piling a number of votes on Gordito did provoke a reaction, as intended. "Common practice" or "going with the flow" did pay off in this case, although I meant the original line somewhat sarcastically.

I can't post so much because I'm in Europe.

Personally, I'd still like to see FF and glg post a bit more.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Overswarm
Regarding my earlier comment about an X1/Zen teamup, I didn't understand at the time why they were going after Gord (especially since X1 was practically begging to be lynched with that "standard tell" stuff.) Now that Zen's filled in his reasoning (a lot of which is meta), I understand where he's coming from, but at the time I just grouped them together.

Anyway, you seem to agree with me regarding X1, so why don't you help me start a wagon?

@X1
I don't like your play up to this point, and the way you claim the standard tell crap was a gambit for getting reads makes me uneasy. (Especially how you say you weren't even paying attention to Gord's posts when he was the center of it!) It feels too much like scum asking for a do-over to me. I want a full explanation from you on just how you determined town/scum from that.

@Zen
I think I'm convinced on gord-scum (the replacement request was really the last straw there). However, before we lynch him I want to check out X1.

X1-12

Smash Champion
*Insert post where I ignore most of Nich's points here*

@Nich are you aware Gboy is replacing out of every game he's in? Also have you ever actually seen someone on this site replace out because they are scum and cornered?

Rajam

Smash Champion
This is a horrible suggestion, smart mods will occasionally make those characters safe-claims for exactly this reason (I seem to remember Xiivi a particularly awesome one, don't remember which one it was off the top of my head). So, since it doesn't absolutely clear anyone, odds are we're just gonna succeed in outing PRs. At the very least you should've suggested name-claiming, but again since it doesn't produce any real clears and assists scum in discerning PRs, I don't see this as a particularly effective strategy.

Works in an open setup though, sometimes.

Regardless, you're probably town, this suggestion strikes me as sincere and the type of mistake town rajam would make. The fact that you suggested full-claiming does give me a bit of pause, but not enough to question my claim because it's the same type of error, not considering the implications of a suggested course of action. Also, townie recklessness.
I don't like this, I mean not the conclusion per se, but the fact that you posted this conclusion instead of keeping it for yourself. Probably after hydra'ing with Edreeses he told you at some point that trying to befriend me is better than accusing me of scum or something like that. It's obvious you wouldn't convince anyone else I'm town with this, which reinforces my argument. I'm keeping my vote by now

Also, I found this breadcrumb:

This is one of the great things about using Fire Emblem for flavour. It's full of characters that can fit many diverse roles and alignments, and also provide many, many safe claims.

Don't mistake that to mean that more central characters are guaranteed to be of expected alignment just because there are plenty of other "minor characters" to assign as safeclaims or non-town roles. If you look to Ronike's old fire emblem game, you'll see right away that some characters that one might expect to have been town aligned just based on flavour turned out to be quite the opposite.

Not sure if your call for a full claim (***uming you mean name claim) is serious, but either way it's a poorly founded suggestion.

And if you were suggesting a full role claim, even more so.
It's also very likely adumbrodeus is ff's buddy too. Don't believe what they say and lynch them.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That it was a gambit from x1 makes me feel a great deal better about X1.

Gboy's response was a null-tell, the initial attitude was a little scummy but it was the RVS timeframe so it was valid if taken as a joke. Later responses were ok. Speed at which the wagon developed suggests he isn't scum, or at least isn't mafia and that there probably were mafia on said wagon.

Don't like Zen at all, looking over the people who sheeped along with the wagon as well.

In general I can see why people would wanna lynch people who post content-less lists, it may not be a standard scumtell but it definitely is usually fake contributing since it gives the appearance of content without actually giving content. That said, this was during RVS and therefore what would otherwise be fake contributing becomes an attempt to start discussion and move us out of RVS. As such there was definitely nothing scummy about doing it at the time he did it.

Though generally wagon leaders don't tend to be scum, gboy is a very easy target and it's easy to pass off when mislynched as his fault for playing badly.

More when I get back from work but atm I'd like Lux or Zen lynched, preferably Zen.

unvote
Vote: Zen

Beat!

Smash Master
Ninja'd.
I'm voting Luxor for that reasoning, more or less. Mainly I'm looking for an answer to the question I've asked him.

How did you come to that decision on X1? What do you think of Adum?
I've mentioned it before, he baited reactions a lot. If he were scum I don't think he would want to risk his scumbuddies slipping because of his own baits.

I don't get this ignoring Nich business though. When he did it early on I figured it was just a joke (coupled with reaction baiting), but now he did it again... could you explain this, x1?

As for adum, not really sure. He's put some pressure here and there, but I need more stances from him before deciding.

@Luxor
You can't post so much because you're in europe?

*Looks at my own location*

??????????????

Lynching you seems like a VERY good idea atm.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote: X1-12

Explain to me how it was a gambit. I don't believe it.

@Raziek

If you had to choose between GorditoBoy/GLG, X1-12, or Zen dying right now, who would you choose?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I agree with Rajam. Adum is too scummy. I don't think it s inrentional, I think he's just bad at scum.

Unvote; Vote: Adum

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Hey so I got my role pm and I've read some of the thread but not all of it and I'll make a post tonight about thoughts.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sorry about all these townie posts in a row, but I can't help that you guys are so slow.

I change my mind. Or rather I'm at a crossroads.

Gords #29 makes me think Gord and Rajam are scumbuddies. Gord asks Adum if he could trust his reads because he is unfamiliar with the BBR players- Rajam & Raz. But Gord played with Rajam in FF6 and when Gord gets to Rajam in his #29 he even shows that he has knowledge of his play. So why then would he speak to adum like he was unfamiliar with Rajam? Distance. And then Gord says he's going to rely on Town-Adum's reads on Rajam. Gord was already making the assumption he would have a town read on Adum. And on top of this, it's clear distancing of responsibility for what ever thoughts he would have to contribute on Rajam, putting all the reasoning in Adums hand.

Vote: glg

Beat!

Smash Master
Zen, you didn't unvote.

I'd like you to help putting pressure on Luxor. If he's town he gotta start posting content, and he doesn't seem vert willing to do so by himself. I don't think you will get a glg wagon going before his post anyway.

Top Bottom