• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not sure about Red Ryu. He seem to be making pretty "safe" statements a lot of the time. He was also sort of staying in the background most of D1 (but then again, so did a lot of players). I could see him being scum if you're town.

I don't have a solid town read on OS. I didn't want either of you two lynched, but I liked his D2 play more than yours, so I voted you.
So, to answer your question, I've never really "disliked" OS to the point where I would want to lynch him, but I've never really had a town read on him either.
Deff looking at him if you're town though.

Not sure what to make of that claim.

Zen town = OS, mb Nich, mb Red Ryu
Zen scum = X1, Ran
Then why did you put me at L-1 when we still had time? That didn't seem like an I-just-want-to-lynch vote. You could have waited, yet you simply put me at l-1 and left.

What do you mean by "look at"? You should be looking at everybody all the time. Have you simply been ignoring them?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm back, looking to make post but have meetings at work for a while. You'll get content before twilighti s over.

When is twilight over?

Rajam

Smash Champion
X1 quick question before you replace out:

How familiar are you with Fire Emblem PoR flavor? How familiar are you with the game, mechanics, characters; have you played it, how many times, and how many do you remember if the answer is yes?

Please stay a few minutes after you answer this, since I want to make you some questions based on your responses that would need to be responded asap. I'll be here all day so I should make you the questions as soon as you answer the ones here

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why do you choose to ignore what I just said about OS despite me asking you to respond to it for the second time.
Because you are creating an storm in a tiny glass of water. So what if OS didn't follow his indy read on Cdubs? I don't know how that leads to OS being scum

And by the way you said you had more reasons to believe OS is scum other than the no-follow on Cdubs. I got to post 1609 and the only thing you said besides this was that OS could be scum creating a fake disconnection with Cdubs, but you need a flip to actually base your case on this. Like 90% of your case on OS is because of this incident of OS not pursuing his indy read on Cdubs, which is irrelevant imo since I don't see how that would lead to OS scum; that's why I mostly ignored it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think Ryu definitely shouldn't have hammered. We still had an entire day.

That said, I'm not willing to call that purely a scum move. It could have just been a hasty decision made in the heat of the moment. OS's post fueled that decision.

I'm with Rajam on the whole OS/X1 thing.

I was under the impression indy-hunting was a mafia focus, not town? Unless it's SK, but we're more likely looking at an abductor. Why does mentioning a possibility that someone might be indy make someone scum?

The fact that OS suggested he could be indy is slightly scummy, but I'd argue that there were bigger fish to fry than hunting for a possible abductor.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
wow just noticed Zen got lynched... :mad088: Did you actually thought his claim was fake RR? Fakeclaiming that kind of ability is really dangerous if some town used soemthing on Zen N1; that would ruin him... That ability has to be true; do you think zen could be scum with that same ability?
Yes, I did.

This play makes no sense, he tried directing PR roles towards him like it's suppose to free up or clear others. Look what could have happened if it was scum, they could have easily jumped onto the cop claim saying, "I was doing what Zen told me to" While this is going on Scum could drag us on a goose chase while they work on making town as confused as possible.

Then flip the situation to a town who did something to him, if a doc did, doc would be boned hardcore. If a cop did, well we got a cop claimed D2, but puts them in great danger when he have no clue if he had good roles.

Bus/taxi kind of role? immediately puts them as risk.

Not trusting this in terms of how he played it and how sketch this sound when considering everything that could go wrong.

Also I have no clue if this is legitimate because no one did target him last night, his plan is sketch, the way he put it out is sketch, he has nothing to prove it's other than possible crumbs.

That's why I voted on him.

Town, I'm not upset, but I am disappointed. Why not OS? Why not Ran even?

Ryu, bad hammer. Please post a full scum/town list like Raj. Explanations where you feel they're necessary.
I wanted Ran or X1, but neither were going to happen, we were at a GLG or Nich situation again, and after than claim Zen looked far more scummy than OS ever did.

I'll work on a list later.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ryu perhaps one day your brain cells will expand further than hurp a derp.

A PR targeting me n1 was very unlikely. Doc would not protect someone directing them away from them. Cop if there was one would not likely do it either because of my claims. Even if the cop did investigate me and I lived, I would not out them upon knowing they couldn't vote as I would still be alive so I know they didn't aim to NK me and Nich was roleblocked so I know they did not likely aim to roleblock me. If I was targeted by a cop and was NKed and flipped, One scum would be outed and one person would be clear. That's a fair exchange to me.

Just because any combination of roles could be in the game, that does not mean that one should just sit back and do nothing. I was using the role the best why I thought I could. Quite interesting that you bring up the busdriver though.

My role was easily confirmable by Raz. He simply needed to send me a note. If scum killed him to prevent confirmation of my role, then they would simply be getting rid of him for us.

Your reasoning that it was a bad plan so lynch him is worse than any plan one could construe. I explained this before that you should lynch someone because of their alignment, not because you dislike how they play. You simply described things that could go wrong with my strategy, but fail to consider that all of it was out of town intent.

Ryu, who do you think scum is upon my town flip? You will drop x1, surely?
Who is it that you thought could be scumbuddies with me and x1? Or did you think we were the only two?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Zen: *making 1602*

Random kid sitting next to Zen at the library: "That's such bad forum mafia."

Zen: "What O_O?

O_o"

Kid: "Nich-ohlas is obv scum"

Zen: "O_o"

Kid: "Claiming roleblocked on that role"

Zen: "O_o"
I laughed at this.

I'm doing laundry after work and will have time for a post then. I get off work at 4:30 est, for those counting.

Still think Zen is scum, his lynch was the correct play. Very curious of CDubs defense of Zen, as it basically said "lynching Zen was the wrong move" followed by re-emphasizing everything I said that was wrong with Zen's claim. Zen's role is a scum role that cannot be used effectively for pro-town purposes, especially how Zen was playing.

Will go into detail later. Want to hear more from Raziek, he's been gone all Day. Want to hear more from FF, I don't remember a single post of his from D2.

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1 quick question before you replace out:

How familiar are you with Fire Emblem PoR flavor? How familiar are you with the game, mechanics, characters; have you played it, how many times, and how many do you remember if the answer is yes?

Please stay a few minutes after you answer this, since I want to make you some questions based on your responses that would need to be responded asap. I'll be here all day so I should make you the questions as soon as you answer the ones here
Never played the game

Because you are creating an storm in a tiny glass of water. So what if OS didn't follow his indy read on Cdubs? I don't know how that leads to OS being scum

And by the way you said you had more reasons to believe OS is scum other than the no-follow on Cdubs. I got to post 1609 and the only thing you said besides this was that OS could be scum creating a fake disconnection with Cdubs, but you need a flip to actually base your case on this. Like 90% of your case on OS is because of this incident of OS not pursuing his indy read on Cdubs, which is irrelevant imo since I don't see how that would lead to OS scum; that's why I mostly ignored it.
so you missed this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12197035&postcount=1598

and I reminded you about it in #1604, because you responded to the above post, just not the bit about OS.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Never played the game
Thank you for your responses, that would be all. Will address your other points in a few moments.

---

BeatStick, same question to you now:

And same indications:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have a minute, so I'll answer that question even though I haven't been asked. (Yet?)

I know Fire Emblem inside and out. All the story/backstory for 7, 8, 9 and 10. Have played it MANY times, on all difficulties.

Rajam

Smash Champion

lynch OS!!!

So Zen is town

I've heard of stunner before

I may be confused, but In the past, FF has told me about the stunner. I believe it was a xivii set up. I believe it was the first time he had seen it. I thought, though I may be remembering poorly, that OS was in that set up.

Os refers to this role as voteblocker in #1641

OS knows these are very different things.

Allow me to agree with OS on at least one point however. Zen's plan was super full of holes. I'm curious as to who was role blocked if not him (assuming there is a roleblocker in this game". But, Zen's idea seemed almost clever. The "I'll see who targets me and night and grill the **** out of them" plan is awesome, except

1. BREADCRUMB WAY TO VAGUE!!! I don't think anyone is capable of picking out this role from what you said. If you got NK'd, we learn nothing.

2. So lets say 1 person targets you. What if that person is doctor? So what then. What the **** happens. You "OMG CLAIM NOW YOU TARGETED ME". No great way to separate scum from non scum, especially since if scum NK's you, again we learn nothing

3. What if there was a vote blocker in the game. Some one comes up vote blocked. And you say "OMG YOU TARGETED ME WHAT ARE YOU", well wouldn't your face be red later.

Conclusion. A. ZEN'S PLAN WAS AWFUL B. zen is town. This does not sound like a scum plan. This feels like the worst scum story ever. OS should be able to see this.

FF, please try and post before twilight

So what we have here, is OS leading the blind. Rage at things. OS reeks of scum. I don't think he would honestly conclude that ZEN is scum from this claim. I think OS is scum taking advantage of 3 things
1. Zen did some really really dumb things that allow one to justify pushing for his lynch
2. Most people in this town do not seem as capable as him. It seems like most other players are taking what OS says at face value because they have gotten some town read on him because it looks like he is scum hunting. After the "oh, OS is scumhunting" light has turned on, it looks like people are pre-reading his posts, assuming he is town.
3. Half of the people on the OS wagon are foaming at the mouth. Perhaps people are thinking "OMG those people are idiots and clearly this is not the right play". Just to clarify, this line of logic is AWFUL. Many a time I have seen an idiot or two scare people away from the right wagon
I don't understand why people seem to be ignoring what he has done. I think some players are really not paying attention to my posts (RYU I am looking at you).

Zen WILL come up town. OS is scum. I cannot stress this enough. I really hope FF posts before twilight ends.

ZEN and GLG. Please talk about who on your wagons looked scummiest to you. I know that typically the people being wagaoned have the best reads on their wagoners.
Another post to take into account, specially if Zen flips town. I highlighted what I agree the most. I have to recognize that I somewhat fall into point 2... (with players like Luxor and BeatStick as well, that's why I'll rethink everything if Zen flips scum). But yeah Zen breadcrumbs were awful, and Cdubs has a point saying that OS accused of scummy something that seems most likely dumb. If Zen flips town I'm willing to hear a lot more to X1 reads (or his replacement's)

And FF has less posts than Xiivi lol that guy needs to post, hopefully before Night Phase

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Rajam
Never played the game. Characters I know about are Marth, Roy, and Ike. That's it.
ok thanks for the response, that would be all. Would like to ask the same to FF but I guess he won't appear today, and I want to say what was the point of all this before the lynch post

Raziek if you are around here I'd like to make you some questions. Let me know when you're around here

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
X1, I haven't seen you say anything about Rajam.

X1-12

Smash Champion
omg I used a hypothetical, I must be scum.

Half way through long post btw guys

@Zen: answer the previous question based on interactions instead of scumreads plz

Rajam

Smash Champion
lol if you're trying to see an scum team with me and OS at least don't include Ranmaru; it's like saying you and OS are both scum

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well you did ask me who is OS' scumbuddies were and I did say Rajam.

as I said, long post coming soon.
Oh right. That's fine, but did you say anything about him before?

Seems Rajam is offended to be "aligned" with me.

Also, I never said anything about you using a hypothetical.

Really though, I don't think you should replace out. ;-;

Rajam

Smash Champion
omg I used a hypothetical, I must be scum.
Oh true true, and you never used an hypothetical to create a case and calling someone scum?

About your 1598, look for yourself:

"Its clear from circumstances that all he was trying to do is appear as though he is scumhunting even when he is not, he probably wanted to save CDubs for later so he could spread his thin scumhunting out as long as it could."

isn't that a whole hypothetical as well?

Look, I don't think you're scum, and I'm not saying OS is town, not unless Zen flips scum at least; all I'm saying is that your case is terrible because you created an storm from nothing and I don't see how your case proves OS is scum. Zen flipping town would raise OS to scum level, but not your case; there're other reasons, like OS saying D1 "its glg or Nich but not Nich", what Cdubs said about OS calling what Zen did scum instead of dumb, but I doubt OS semi-pursue on Cdubs would mean anything

X1-12

Smash Champion
Why did you ignore the part about the way OS defended himself?

I'm writing a large post, that post will be explained ok?

Rajam

Smash Champion
RAZIEK:

1. Just answer yes or no. You can give details in another post:

Would you say these claims, flavorwise, correspond (fit)?

Jill - Vanilla
Mist - Reviver
Ike - Coroner and (the other thing Nich claimed)
Ranulf - Whisperer
Volke - Stunner

2. What was Volke role in FE PoR? (like, which was his "job"?)

3. Do you remember which kind of role or "job" had the stun ability?

GO!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
RAZIEK:

1. Just answer yes or no. You can give details in another post:

Would you say these claims, flavorwise, correspond (fit)?

Jill - Vanilla
Mist - Reviver
Ike - Coroner and (the other thing Nich claimed)
Ranulf - Whisperer
Volke - Stunner

2. What was Volke role in FE PoR? (like, which was his "job"?)

3. Do you remember which kind of role or "job" had the stun ability?

GO!
Jill - yes.
Mist - Most definitely.
Ranulf - Yes.
Volke - Yes.
Ike - Seems dubious at best, but somewhat plausible.

2. Volke was an assassin, originally hired as a Theif by Ike, later revealed to actually be an assassin.

3. Pegasus Knights and Dracoknights (Like Jill) had stun. However, Volke also had Silencer, which was an instant kill ability.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Thank you for your responses.

I'm leaving to home now, will explain the point of this in like half an hour when I'm there (Xiivi don't close the thread until then please ._.)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Now for clarification:

Jill fits, because she doesn't really have any other notable ability. (And GLG is confirmed)
Mist was a healer, and is very closely linked to Jill, which leads me to believe the two of them MAY HAVE BEEN LINKED.
Ranulf is a spy for the Gallian government, who drops by Ike's group time to time to give them information. Fits perfectly.
Volke I already explained.
Ike as Census taker makes sense to me, he's the leader of the group. Coroner doesn't make sense to me for him.

Stun was an ability that activated on attacking another unit. Did triple damage and forced them to skip their next turn if they survived.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Question is: If Zen was scum, why would he openly use Volke as a claim char? I myself remember Volke.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Adding on to Ike, I would think Soren would be the more likely Coroner/Census Taker, as he was the one always keeping track of the group's resources. He provided the post-battle casualty reports, things like that.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why did you ignore the part about the way OS defended himself?

I'm writing a large post, that post will be explained ok?
"Using false data, strawmanning, lies and intentional misrepresentation of my points?"

I have yet to check the data

I have no idea what strawmanning is

Lies and intentional misrepresentation could be an exaggeration depending if the time data is false or not.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thank you for your responses.

I'm leaving to home now, will explain the point of this in like half an hour when I'm there (Xiivi don't close the thread until then please ._.)
Raj, if you get a sec. Who would you see in a scumteam with Ran/OS

@Ran: save that kinda stuff for after Zen flips at least

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think it's highly unlikely Volke is scum, and I believe Zen's claim. I believe he'll flip town.

Volke worked for whoever paid him, but he always kept his word. I don't see him working in tandem with others, and unless for some reason we're not going to learn his role, Zen has no reason to lie about it.

Top Bottom