• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Honestly, that was a really dumb move on my part. Really sorry, I didn't think hard enough about that one. I neglected to consider that we still had a roleblocker in play. Here's hoping it's Ran? :(

Apologizing in advance to everyone for playing a really bad game, I feel like an idiot.

As for using my ability tonight, I had planned on sending a message to GLG (since OS is fairly likely to die, if not Ryu) just to confirm that I used my ability.

It does basically nothing, but if my role had any one-choice per night restrictions, it would at least show I wasn't doing something else.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It does basically nothing, but if my role had any one-choice per night restrictions, it would at least show I wasn't doing something else.
He found another way to say "trust me, I'm town".

If your role did have any "one choice per night" restrictions, you'd have more than one ability.

It'd also mean you would simply be telling us, and we'd have to believe you.

What made you say that, Raz?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Night 4 begins.

[collapse=Death Scene]After the awkward event Jill witnessed, she couldn't help but feel the tide was turning against the mercenary group. She stayed close the Elincia, however much to her dismay, she soon lost track of her comrade. The hours dragged on for the day, and she managed to hold her own. However, once she returned to the base, she found news that Elincia had not returned.

Immediately Jill set out to find the missing princess. The rain poured harder than before, and she felt a grave sickness overwhelm her. She spent hours looking, only to finally find a journal in the severed hand of the princess. Jill returned and relayed the terrible news to the others. She cried herself to sleep that night, once again declaring she would not stop until revenge was found.[/collapse]

Ranmaru,
Elincia, Mercenary Journal has been lynched!

The deadline for Night 4 is 03.13.11 11:59PM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Final Scene

[collapse=Final Scene]Jill slept uneasy that night. She tossed and turned, nightmares of Elincia's murder playing through her mind in a multitude of ways. As the lightning rages outside, the sound of thunder kept Jill going in and out of sleep. Eventually she stood up to look outside. There she saw some figures moving conspicuously towards the mercenary base. She immediately grabbed her battle gear and prepared to join Ike who has been taking watch.

Jill got herself ready as soon as she could, and went to the rooms of a few others to get enough force to prevent the possible ambush. First she awoke Soren and then Ranulf as well. The three headed towards the post where Ike was to be standing guard. However, when they got there he was no where to be found.

"Where could he be?" Jill asked.

"Ike wouldn't leave his post without a reason. Something must have happened." Soren replied.

"Quiet, I think I hear something." Ranulf told the others. "This way."

Ranulf took off in one direction and the others quickly followed him. Ranulf started to go at a more frantic pace once it seemed like they were getting closer. Jill reasoned his hearing must have been better in this weather and Ike needed their help. She wouldn't be more right.

After a turn in the woods, the group found themselves in a clearing. There Jill stopped in horror. She saw Ike standing surrounded by three enemies, obviously critically wounded. Suddenly from her side a fire blast hurled by. She turned to see Soren had already launched and attack. It came in direct contact with one of the enemies, knocking one of the enemies to the ground. However, with that enemy not obstructing the view, it became clear Ike had already been mortally wounded.

The the figure of another one of the enemies came into focus, and Jill soon recognized it as her own father.

"Father!" Jill yelled out.

"Do not greet me as such on the battlefield." Shiharam ordered back to his daughter in a harsh tone. "On this field we are enemies."

The other two figures came into focus as well. There was Petrine as well as Bertram. The three Daein foes immediately started to attack the remaining mercenaries.

Jill fought as hard as she could, however it soon became apparent that her and the remaining mercenaries were no match for her father and his allies.

Once again, Jill found herself on the brink of death. However this time she could see her father as she laid battered and beaten on the battlefield.

He gave her a smile before turning away coldly. She knew she had made him proud, however her chapter had ended.[/collapse]

Nicholas1024, Ike, Mercenary Census Taker Coroner has been murdered!

Rajam, Soren, Mercenary Sealer has died in the final confrontation!

giraffelasergun, Ranulf, Mercenary Agent has died in the final confrontation!

Raziek, Jill, Vanilla Mercenary has died in the final confrontation!

BeatStick, Bertram, Daein Unlynchable Encryptor has survived the final confrontation!

Red Ryu, Petrine, Daein Roleblocker Spy has survived the final confrontation!

Overswarm, Shiharam, Daein Bulletproof Janitor has survived the final confrontation!

BeatStick, Red Ryu, Overswarm, and Nabe, Daeins have won!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
[collapse=Roles]

[collapse=Fire! replacing X1-12]

“I get antsy if I don't train every day... Kiyaaaa! Haaaaaa! Whew!”

Role:
Titania, Vanilla Mercenary

Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=giraffelasergun replacing Gordito]

“When I joined you, I acted on my own accord. For the first time. I chose what I thought was a righteous path. Even if my decision forced me to face my own father... It's too late to change things now. That's why... I'm here.”

Role:
Jill, Vanilla Mercenary

Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!

[collapse=Luxor]

“Yaaawn... Boy, I'm bushed. Hey, partner, you tired? How's a nap sound? You want to rest your wings a bit?”

Role: Haar, Vanilla Mercenary

[collapse=Ranmaru replacing Glyph]

“I will be strong, Lucia...”

Role:
Elincia, Mercenary Journal

Abilities: At the time of your death, your journal will be published by the game moderator in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/Xa7BXYYFwYuY . You may write one 250-word entry during each phase that you are alive (Day and Night). Each entry must be in the style of your character role, if these are not written this way, they will be rewritten this way by the game moderator. A N0 pre-game entry has been written in this style for your guidance. Because you must stay in character you may not use the actual names of any players (including hints towards their names); you are however free to use the names of any characters in the Fire Emblem universe you hail from. Please send all journal entries to the game moderator via PM using the command "Write: Page X"; it will be assumed the first 250 words after this command are your journal entry.

[collapse=Zεη]

“He's a dubious character at best but at least his motives are clear. Everything begins and ends in gold, he'll be easy to control.”

Role:
Volke, Mercenary Stunner

Abilities: Any players that target you directly with a command during the Night phase will be vote-blocked the following Day phase.

[collapse=adumbrodeus]

“No offense, Tormod, but thieves are loners. I can't have you tagging along, snapping twigs and making lots of noise!”

Role:
Sothe, Mercenary Unlynchable Vigilite

Abilities: Once during the game, in the event that you are lynched, the lynch will fail and the game will continue into Night phase. One night you may send me the command "Blank: NAME". This player will be targeted with a non-lethal action. One night, after you have used the previous command successfully, you may send me the command "Bullet: NAME". This player will be targeted with a lethal action. You may not target yourself with either command.

[collapse=Nicholas1024]

“In every battle that mattered in my life, I've always been the one left standing, no matter how slim my chances. This battle means more than any of the others, because it's for the life of every person that I've ever cared about. I will win this fight.”

Role:
Ike, Mercenary Census Taker Coroner

Abilities: Once during the game you may send me the command "Census: NAME", targeting a player who has previously been lynched, during the Night phase. You will receive a ratio of "Mercenary:Non-Mercenary" in the form of "X:Y" as a result regarding the alignments of all players on that lynch; your sanity is not guaranteed. In addition, once during the game on a Night phase you did not use the previous command, you may use the command "Reveal: NAME", targeting a dead player whose role had not previously been revealed by the game moderator. The player's role will be revealed to you.

[collapse=Rajam]

“Curse you! Why can't you leave me be?! I don't have any friends, Ike! I don't have anyone else!”

Role:
Soren, Mercenary Sealer

Abilities: Thrice during the game you may target one player by sending me the command "Seal: Player" at any time. This player will be sealed until a complete phase loop is completed (an example phase loop would be: Day 2-Twilight 2-Night 2-Day 3). The player will be unaffected by all other commands, be unable to vote, post in the game thread, communicate with any players, or count toward any win conditions until the player is unsealed. You may not target the same player with this command more than once. No more than one player can be sealed at a time. You may target yourself.

[collapse=Raziek]

“Thrown around by Skrimir, cornered by General Zelgius, and now this. Can someone tell me why I always seem to pull the short straw?”

Role:
Ranulf, Mercenary Agent

Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Note: NAME". Anything included after the command will be sent to the targeted player as an anonymous message. You may target yourself.

[collapse=Vult Redux]

“I call it Mist's Magical Meatloaf! It's chock full of stuff that's good for you, especially when you're sick. You look real sad and you never eat, so I thought this would make you feel better.

Role:
Mist, Mercenary Reviver

Abilities: Once you may send me the command "Revive: NAME" during the Night phase, where the targeted player has been confirmed by the game moderator to be dead. This player will be brought back to life at the start of the next Day phase. In addition, once you may send me the command "Resurrect: NAME" during the Night phase, where the targeted player has been confirmed by the game moderator to be dead. This player will be brought back to life a the start of the next Day phase and you will die the Night phase you use the action.

[collapse=BeatStick]

"...Perisssh.... ....Perisssssh...."

Role: Bertram, Daein Unlynchable Encryptor
Partners: Red Ryu, Petrine, Daein Roleblocker Spy; Overswarm, Shiharam, Daein Bulletproof Janitor; Nabe, Bryce, Daein Manipulator
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners at any time in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/LpQJp5Tttq79 . If you use any other method of written communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you or a partner may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action. Once during the game, in the event that you are lynched, the lynch will fail and the game will continue into Night phase. Once during the Twilight phase you may choose to have the moderator not reveal the role of a player targeted for a lynch by using the command "Encrypt: NAME".
Roles Not Present: Absorber, Cop, Copycat, FBI Agent, Grave Digger, Gunsmith, Lightning Rod, Miller, Nexus, Patriot, Redirector
Characters Not Present: Boyd, Devdan, Janaff, Lethe, Makalov, Maurim, Mia, Nephenee, Tanith, Reyson
Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse=Red Ryu]

“Listen up, dogs! There will be no retreating today! We stop Crimea's advance here! We will not allow them to gain the comforts of their homeland! Any who do not fight to the death will face my lance!”

Role: Petrine, Daein Roleblocker Spy
Partners: BeatStick, Bertram, Daein Unlynchable Encryptor; Overswarm, Shiharam, Daein Bulletproof Janitor; Nabe, Bryce, Daein Manipulator
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners at any time in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/LpQJp5Tttq79 . If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you or a partner may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action. Each night you may send me the command "Memo: NAME". Anything included after the command will be sent to the targeted player as an anonymous message. You may target yourself. Thrice during the game you may send me the command "Halt: NAME" during the Night phase. All actions used on that night by that player will fail. You may target yourself.
Roles Not Present: Absorber, Cop, Copycat, FBI Agent, Grave Digger, Gunsmith, Lightning Rod, Miller, Nexus, Patriot, Redirector
Characters Not Present: Boyd, Devdan, Janaff, Lethe, Makalov, Maurim, Mia, Nephenee, Tanith, Reyson
Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse=Overswarm]

“We meet as enemies. There are no pleasantries to exchange. Ready your weapon, soldier of Crimea!”

Role: Shiharam, Daein Bulletproof Janitor
Partners: Red Ryu, Petrine, Daein Roleblocker Spy; BeatStick, Bertram, Daein Unlynchable Encryptor; Nabe, Bryce, Daein Manipulator
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners at any time in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/LpQJp5Tttq79 . If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you or a partner may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action. Any lethal actions that target you will fail. Once during the game during the Night phase you may choose to have the moderator not reveal the role of a player targeted for a lethal action by your faction by using the command "Janitor: NAME".
Characters Not Present:
Boyd, Devdan, Janaff, Lethe, Makalov, Maurim, Mia, Nephenee, Tanith, Reyson

[collapse=Nabe]

“...It appears that further conversation would only be a waste of time. Though even if His Majesty desires it not, I will remain and protect him. I cannot allow the legacy of Daein to end here!”

Role: Bryce, Daein Manipulator
Partners: Red Ryu, Petrine, Daein Roleblocker Spy; Overswarm, Shiharam, Daein Bulletproof Janitor; BeatStick, Bertram, Daein Unlynchable Encryptor
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners at any time in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/LpQJp5Tttq79 . If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you or a partner may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action. Thrice during the game during the Day phase you may target a player using the command "Manipulate: NAME1|NAME2". If that player uses a command during the following Twilight or Night phase that targets another player, you will be told the player originally targeted and the command will instead target the second player in your command. You may not target yourself unless you are NAME2. NAME2 does not have to be a living player, but must be a player who is able to be targeted by basic game mechanics at the time. The two players involved in the command must be different. If the command used results in an active ability targeting a target that is incorrect; the action will fail to resolve.

[collapse=Cdubs1987]

“You? Cut me down? Heee... Good. If you possess the strength to do so, then so be it.”

Role: Ashnard, Mad King Bulletproof Serial Killer Voyeur Reporter
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted for a lethal action. Any lethal actions that target you will fail. Thrice you may send me the command "View: NAME". You will be told all Action(s) OR None that targeted that player. You may target yourself. Thrice you may send me the command "Document: NAME". You will be told if this player is Not Home OR Home. You may target yourself. You may not use both commands on the same night.
Roles Not Present: Doctor, Jail Keeper, Martyr, Switch
Characters Not Present: Ena, Ilyana, Oscar, Rolf, Ulki

[collapse=frozenflame751]

“I trust you know who you face: Zelgius, commander of this army. If you are not worthy of fighting me, then you are only wasting my time.”

Role: Zelgius, Black Knight Bulletproof Abductor Enabler Motivator
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Capture: NAME". The player will be unaffected by all other commands, be unable to vote, post in the game thread, communicate with any players, or count toward any win conditions unless you die. Any lethal actions that target you will fail. Twice, on odd-numbered nights you may send me the command "Assist: NAME". If that player has an active ability, that player will be able to use that ability twice during the following night. Twice, on even-numbered nights you send me the command "Induce: NAME". If that player has an active ability, that player will be immune from any actions that prevent active abilities that night. You may target yourself.
Roles Not Present: Dancer, Gambler, Tracker, Watcher
Characters Not Present: Gatrie, Lucia, Naesala, Nasir, Rhys

[/collapse]

Rajam

Smash Champion
:(

I'll check roles later, but I didn't feel town played bad. I found the setup very anti-town with all those ??? flips, 4 mafia (+2 indies), and so we hardly were able to make connections, and also it turned the game in a very Night-actions-based game with the lack of flips+connections

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The numbers were balanced, Rajam ... 10 vs 2 vs 4 is OK in a game for 16 players. Just from skimming over the roles my first impression was that it's balanced against the town however. I might look deeper into it and give my feedback [not having read anything of the game itself].

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This was a lot of fun. It was a little difficult for us to change direction completely; originally I was supposed to die D3 and Nabe was supposed to gain town trust from my flip, and Beatstick and Red Ryu were supposed to be totally separate from us. Then Nabe was abducted and I already had all the attention on me o_o

You'll receive my giant ego post later

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
woooooooooooooooow. I only read 2 pages of this game, the ones near where the Zen mislynch took place, and I called OS/RR scum team so easily.

ggs scum, looked like a solid win. Yay bean**** :)

If thats your mvp, OS, congratz on gold dice!

Am I the only one who thinks Janitor is an OP scum PR? Along with bus driver?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
woooooooooooooooow. I only read 2 pages of this game, the ones near where the Zen mislynch took place, and I called OS/RR scum team so easily.

ggs scum, looked like a solid win. Yay bean**** :)

If thats your mvp, OS, congratz on gold dice!

Am I the only one who thinks Janitor is an OP scum PR? Along with bus driver?
It was a one-time use Janitor. I prefer Corpse-eaters myself, where they can janitor one person and then reveal them later if they want to janitor again so that they can only janitor on odd numbered nights and there is an extra reveal on even numbered nights.

It also wasn't exact bus driver; seems to be slightly different and more difficult for scum, but we didn't get to use it much anyway XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dat OS meatriding. Kid does one thing right and all the new people are on his nuts.

Sounds almost like me actually :awesome:

Starcraft needs to happen now.

:059:

Beat!

Smash Master
Twice? This was my first game.

But damn, did I get carried. Can't argue with that :p.

Do you always reply that angrily to jokes, btw?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I sent you a message D1, and we decided that me going with a watcher role was better for our team so we took you about and I started to be abductor.

People also thought my move on Zen was newbie town, oops.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I severely disagree with this game being endgamed given the situation it was in.

May talk about the game more later but seeing this is almost as bad as when I found out about the contract hitman in Scum Wars.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

How I beat all of you.​

It's that time again! :D

OS said:
I'll die, hopefully on D3. My play isn't meant to survive to the Endgame. Nabe will probably be our finisher, I'm just going to be loud and obnoxious and make it easy for people to wagon me by D3. A lot of people probably WANT to wagon me, but won't be able to do so because it's D1.

I'm going to attract a lot of N1 actions, but since there is no cop it's not a big deal.
This was basically the plan from the beginning of the game. Having a solid plan, whether it is good or bad strategically, is almost always better than doing things haphazardly and over-reacting to whatever town's flavor of the day is.

I won't quote the QT much more past this point, but you can see things in more detail there.

Adumbrodeus was one of the key pins in the plan we had laid out, as we were going to let adumb push a predictable lynch on me with Nabe being his buddy.... and Frozen Flame abducted him. Good considering he was a vig, but was kind of sad. X1 was the only other player I could see pushing on me regardless of circumstances, and he's too dangerous to buddy. Easier to get lynched.

Plan for Red Ryu:

You're "trying to lay low so you don't get NKilled" because you're a Watcher... you see if anyone visits who you're watching. This way you can end up saying "Overswarm visited X" on N2 to someone, they can push for my lynch hardcore the next day, and it will "clear" you. You can use this to manipulate for the rest of the game in secret. If you pick the right person, they can do all your aggression for you while you stay quiet
Beatstick wasn't really part of any scheme; he was just a guy we were hoping to keep around until end game so we'd win in a 3 man lylo situation with him around (unlynchable). Red Ryu though was my favorite form of deceit, and that's letting town come up with their own confusing ideas.

Red Ryu probably had the hardest role to play in this game; neither he nor I were supposed to make it to the end game, but he was able to not claim for a very long time. Red Ryu was basically a free mislynch whenever we wanted it and, towards the end, a free lynch on an abductor if we played our cards right. He was also a free mafia scapegoat. If it really looked like a lynchpin to a plan, i.e. Nabe, was going to die, Red Ryu could start out the day by claiming watcher after someone else (probably beatstick) claimed to get a message stating X visited Y.

This admittedly isn't the best use of the role, but was the best I could come up with that doesn't have a high chance of failure. It was tempting to use it to frame Raziek after he claimed, though.

I was also the planned Cop fake-claim. Claims are the strongest and most pivotal part of a mafia members play, and I felt that a Cop claim was a one-shot deal. You claim a guilty, they get lynched, they flip town, you get vigged or lynched the next Day and post trollface.jpg. That's it. If you're lucky, you get an indie flip, but no matter how good you are that's still just an educated guess in the end, save for situations where someone slips or you have extra information.

The plan, for the most part, was basically a carbon copy of Community Mafia. I was myself again, and Nabe was Sworddancer. We just had two extra mafia members and had this plan from the start instead of doing it after a scummate was lynched.

Once Nabe was abducted, our plan was kind of twisted. I was supposed to die, but now there was no benefit to it. That was bad.

The good news was, I had pegged CDubs as an abductor early on (lol). Claiming a guilty on him was pretty easy to do given his violent reactions to my questioning earlier; it meant my investigation of him made perfect sense. Him flipping indie basically let me coast to the end game. The only worry there was from Nich or X1 being the abductor, but roleblocking Nich helped alleviate that fear, and X1 got abducted himself.

From that point it was basically a game of "find the abductor" that was skewed heavily in our favor, so I'll just go through the game player by player:

Independenenenenenets

Frozen Flame

OS said:
If I don't post anything, my instinct is to kill Frozen Flame. Remember that X1 is still a possibility as an abductor.... and I "cleared" him, so he won't be lynched.

Chances are, I'm going to be abducted today if the abductor believes I'm the cop. Frozen Flame's outbursts seem to signify that he doesn't want me to investigate him though... I sincerely doubt he'd stick his neck out that far all of the sudden after trying to remain neutral for so long.
OS about possibility of abductor said:
1. frozenflame751

We know absolutely nothing about FF. His hiding early game has been telling, as has been his reaction with me. I know FF doesn't like to play emotional games as much as I do, but he is REALLY stuck on the logical line this game and the only emotion he shows is to ridicule someone else so he can piggyback off of someone else's towniness.

FF has no townie behavior on his own; he's been as safe as possible. FF is our NKill choice for tonight, and we'll roleblock someone else.
You did a good job of playing FrozenFlame early game. :p

I really thought your inactivity and careful "one large post every few days" was completely legitimate even though it basically let you kind of be a guiding hand to the game. I couldn't read what role you would be at all, and didn't really have much of a thought as to what your own reads were. I still don't exactly know what your read on me was.

After CDubs died though, you were easily the #1 choice for abductor. You did the automatic abductor slip (mentioning abductor first) that I had mistakenly attributed to CDubs... so actually good job on that. You mentioned it so briefly in passing that the next guy to say something about it was throwing it around like a sledge hammer in a bell tower. I didn't even think to go back to check to see if anyone else mentioned it.

More than that though was that you buddied me pretty hard. Given that AND the fact I was abducted, it pretty much solidified the fact that you were the abductor.

If you had buddied me hard, that would have meant you thought I was the cop and didn't want me to investigate you and/or you thought I was leading town and didn't want me to bring a mob to you. Following me, sure; any townie would do that. But the way you were playing was to effectively re-emphasize my points while not adding in your own. You weren't so much a guiding hand as you were a "me too" to my "big dog", and that seemed unnatural. You are generally playing the "big dog" role yourself.

But if the abductor thinks I'm the cop, he would abduct me... except you didn't. Instead, you protected yourself in another way. I didn't know about your induce ability, but the way it played out for me was thinking "he's buddying me so I investigate someone else and it doesn't look like he's the abductor".

You being protected from our NKill in some way after everyone in the game had claimed and there was no doctor was also pretty telling. XD

Rajam's ability coming up really made our play easier though. We were preeeeetty sure you were the abductor when the NKill failed, but... how to get you lynched on that?

Claiming a guilty on you was possible, but way too risky. Had I claimed a guilty on you and then failed, you'd have been lynched, then someone abducted, then I'd be lynched, and smoeone abducted. That's four gone right there, not countining any mafia kills. Even after CDubs flip, that'd be too many to be safe. Not enough players for that.

But enough about post-CDubs play.

Pre-CDubs:

You were our N1 kill choice. :D

We would have found out you were independent abductor waaaaay early with a failed NKill + the following roleblock. Then it would have just been a matter of time for one of the mafia to be lynched and we'd say "We have a roleblocker. FF is bulletproof, was roleblocked, then no abduction", but I changed course at the last minute because:

os said:
I'm not certain on the Frozen Flame lynch. Flame is a strong player that can really turn the tide of town. Given that a lot of town is acting scummy right now, it might be a good idea to let him live and let him help us toMorrow. It's dangerous, but it's less dangerous than just reducing town to chaos.
os said:
Right now we have a playing field set up in our favor. There are a few bad outcomes, but most are in our favor. The worst thing for us is to shake up the board and have random things happen; FF is decidedly anti-random play, and generally likes to take things a step at a time. While he's hard to stop, he's also fairly predictable once he gets going. This is to our advantage
It's funny to think that you weren't killed because you were logical and everyone else wasn't.

I'm also pro at buddying. Remember that Sun Tzu quote?

OS said:
Also, that quote?

I got it from Frozen Flame's facebook. I decided I wanted to buddy him so I found out his real name and looked him up on facebook and found a quote I could use. :B

CDubs:

You did a decent job. Most of the bad stuff first happened to you because of mistakes I made (not noticing FF's subtle abductor mentions and thinking you were the initiator) and random bad luck.

After things got started though, you had pretty emotional responses. Those are generally bad.

In real world mafia, emotions cover a wide spectrum... just like in real life. You can use these to your advantage if you're really good about it. Personally, I just play deadpan or extremely goofy so I'm not as easily read. I'm not that great at using legitimate emotion to my advantage in RL mafia.

In online mafia, emotions cover two ranges: Panic and Anger. If you're being emotional, you either are or are being assumed to be one of those two. Just like how there isn't sarcasm on the internet, only meanness, there isn't anything other than Panic or Anger in forum mafia.

What you probably thought as strong rebuttals to my points instead looked like panic (and once you foudn your footing, switched quickly to anger). You undercut your own arguments by the way you presented them, and because of that you ended up forcing me to tunnel you for something you weren't even guilty of!

It'd be like if a cop pulled you over and you said "you're not gonna look in the trunk, are you? I've got.. uh.. dirty laundry back there". Even if you're telling the truth and you are just embarassed about dirty laundry being visible by the law, that police officer is checking your ****ing trunk.

I'm also confused about your abilities. Who did you use them on?

Mercenariessss

Vult Redux

OS said:
Currently, I think I'll be killing Vult Redux. He's made a few solid posts, has few connections (let's us keep our momentum going), and isn't using Twilight to his advantage. He's like the opposite style Guru when compared to Zen. Zen spouts a ton of BS that is bad for Town and plays like he knows what he's doing, Vult plays like he knows what he's doing but keeps it to himself as if no one else could use that information.
The cardinal townie sin!

You witheld information from town while appearing as if you had a solid grasp on the game. You didn't have many strong connections and thus couldn't be traced back to us, showed yourself to be competent, and had bouts of inactivity. That's a recipe for disaster.

You nearly always want to post some semblance of a read or two, if not all of them. Laying everything out can be bad, but you should always post something that can be considered if you die. It helps town figure things out on your flip.

Luxor

You were a potential N1 kill too.

OS said:
Luxor could be a decent vote. He's so erratic no one would know WTF that was about.
But we decided to use you instead:

nabe said:
Send a message to Luxor like the one OS described. He's of the right mindset this game to buy a well-worded message. Ran is too unpredictable and likely to blab, he claims his role every game. You should claim tracker or something to Luxor; say FF and you saw him do nothing. FF's a likely kill on our part soon anyway, so his flip as VT would legitimize what you've said. If it does screw up, it won't be traceable back to you, so don't worry too hard about it. Don't say your name, but include something to identify yourself later in-thread if everything goes your way.
We sent a message to you to try to use you as a pawn.

I'm sorry. :(

OS said:
He can have more than one role. Raziek never said that was the only ability he had!

More importantly, Ryu can now fake a message from Raziek. :)
beatstick said:
That's really good actually. We should kill Luxor though. He might ruin it
But then Raziek's claim killed you.

Since we had an awesome way of putting pressure on Raziek by simply sending a message to someone, we wanted to keep that. You didn't have much in the way of connections either, so you were an easy pick to begin with... that was the cherry on top.

I can't state more strongly how important it is to post some sort of coherent, easily recognizable thoughts on a player as town. You have to set it up so that mafia's kills will help give TOWN information just by the virtue of them dying. Because Vult and Luxor had so few reads of their own posted (and little weight behind their posts), flipping naturally or as ???,??? wouldn't change anything for mafia.

Nich

OS said:
Nich would be a good choice, I think. He's been really quiet and normally isn't; likely a PR of some sort.
You labeled yourself as a PR pretty quickly.

But that said:

OS said:
Man, town in this game has ADD. Any other game would have been an easy Red Ryu lynch, but this game? They all turn to someone that no one has talked about. We've hadl ike 3 or 4p eople with wagons, and now Nich is the one being targetted? He's gonna be pissed
I still don't really know why Red Ryu wasn't lynched all game. o_O

Seriously, @town and mostly Zen. Do you remember why the wagon on Nich started? Do you know WHY? Go ahead and read back aroudn the time the deadline extension occurred (post #660) and read aroudn that area.

There was no cohereny case against you Nich. That cracks me up. Probably the most important townie role out there and a random case goes up. XD

It can be a difficult thing to hide a power role with inactivity; it's a pretty fine line. I called it pretty early given how you were playing; as scum, you'd be just as tunnely as normal. It helped I was already scum, too. XD

But making the decision when reading someone as to whether or not they could be a power role is important. Ask yourself "Could this guy have a strong role?" before arbitrarily saying vague clichés to get a wagon on him going.

Beatstick literally voted for you and posted "Derp." to hop on in the middle of the wagon and no one called him out on it. That's how easy your wagon came about because no one had any idea of what to do and the only guy to try to make a case just said really vague stuff.

Zen said:
Also why Nich should be the play, read through his posts:

-He lacks any town motivation.
-All of his "reads" are only semi-persued.
-The only case he has made was on Raz. Such an easy case to make...
-He should have been more on glg for his all his bs but instead he is playing more to the flow rather than building much of his own (other than Raz which had been gone over plenty already).
-He avoids commenting on what's going on in the general mix, pops up here and to stay active.
THIS IS NOT A CASE.

In any other game I'm pretty sure Zen would have gotten lynched for something like that pretty fast, but for some reason this Town was way more emotional than logical. I think it hurt that FrozenFlame, myself, and Nabe were all anti-town and adumbrodeus was abducted so early, but still.

A case should have quotes and shouldn't be disagreements about semantics or the like. You pick up on little things and then use that as a springboard to investigate them further, and then you push based on your findings.

If you're trying to find the axe murderer, you don't tell everyone to kill the first guy with an axe you see. You see him with an axe, then you watch him and ask a few questions.

Looking at zen's pseudo-list up above, it reads completely as personal opinion and "Nich is a power role".

OS said:
We have to be careful with how we play it. I'm going to be pro-Nich, as I have been in the past. This has the benefit of me dying, flipping Janitor, then someone saying "It isn't a coincidence the JANITOR was friends with NICH BEFORE HIS CLAIM!!! OGM OMG OMG". The idea that Nich was just getting the janitor info from me and making up claims of who they were could be planted, leading to a potential Nich lynch.*

If Nich does die today, I can push for an X1 lynch tomorrow fairly easily. I won't have to die on D3 if that's the case, but I still won't fear it and will go balls to the wall aggro on him. We'll stick to that plan if it comes to it.

If people suddenly leave the Nich wagon en masse, then just abandon ship completely on that. Don't even mention it much.

I'm not sure how to push for a Nich lynch. Whoever does is basically signing their own death sentence unless X1 does it for us. I might antagonize him a bit, he likes to butt heads when he feels he's being confronted. He'll push the Nich lynch to the end if it means "proving me wrong".
We did want you dead pretty early after your claim.

Next time you're a townie with two abilities like that? Claim one. Had you just claimed your coroner ability, you could have used the census taker ability that Night.

Xivii said:
giraffelasergun|Vult Redux/Nicholas1024/Cdubs1987/Raziek/frozenflame751/Luxor/Rajam/Red Ryu/Overswarm/
You would have gotten four anti-town in that immediately. Given that Vult was killed N1 and you knew you were town, that would have been 4/7 for you to focus on. You'd have had a greater than 50% chance just picking at random and effectively protected all of those townies from abduction and NKill because there's no way in hell scum would touch them to lower the pool.

You were pretty obvious about your power role existing and that ended up getting attention put on you, and I'm still not sure why you played that way. I figured you'd be just as tunnelling as normal, which is why I buddied you so hard to direct you. You're rarely lynched D1, if ever, if I recall correctly, so playing your normal style wouldn't have hurt much here I don't think.

X1:

OS said:
Take your pick:

A.) Intuition

B.) Because I said so

C.) Because I'm always right
*facepalm*

You've gotta upgrade your game.

You seem to come from the point of "the ends justify the means" and that isn't ever the case in mafia. You get bad reads and good reads both for the wrong reasons, and after the lynch doesn't work out and one of the people you read as scum that was scum survives, you come back to it later and say "SEE?! I TOLD YOU!!!!" and forget that you also told them a lot of other things that were wrong... but more importantly, forget that it's your responsibility to get town to listen to you.

Gauge the players around you and post accordingly. Don't post and expect them to just believe you. A 33% success rate in initial reads is good in mafia. A 33% success rate of getting town to listen to you is not. You should be able to support your reads with more than "intuition" or an appeal to authority. There are very few players that can get away with an appeal to authority. I can get away with it with some players, and with others I get a violent reaction. So, I rarely use it.

Intuition is just a vague name for picking up on small clues; you should be able to post those clues or ask questions to turn your clues into cases.

Work on getting town to listen to you rather than simply expecting them to, and your play will improve tenfold.

Also, learn to stoooooop posting. I wasted an entire day with you. By design. It wasn't an accident. I literally said "I'm going to butt heads with X1 to waste the entire Day so town doesn't get any reads" and then did so. Easily. Then I brushed it off and scum went back to controlling town, this time with a shorter day.

If something is stupid, just say it's stupid and ignore it. Don't worry about vindication or proving to others that you're right. If multiple town members are harassing you about something stupid, sure, go ahead and answer their questions. If one guy is saying "*******!" right before you putt, don't spend all day chasing him. He's trolling you and no one else is paying attention to him. You're playing into his hands.

You were one of the easier players in this game to manipulate. I could manipulate Nich easily too because I know his playstyle so well, but I had to do so passively. I had to talk to other people about Nich to make Nich decide for himself that he wanted to do what I wanted him to do. That's difficult and fragile. With you, I was able to actively manipulate and receive no punishment from town; I knew you wouldn't be able to convince them and knew you'd react a certain way to my antagonizing you.

Don't let people push you around. That doesn't mean go on the offensive the moment someone pushes you. That means don't let them get to you and don't let them control the flow of your game. You control it, and no one else. Make sure it is to your advantage.

@Fire!: Sorry about you coming into the game so late only to have it not let you play. :(

Zen:

Much of what I said to X1 is included for you too, as well as my snippet about your post with Nich.

OS said:
@ Ran as to why I'm not voting:

My vote is a tool, not a cudgel. I don't vote for "pressure" because it doesn't do anything. I talk for pressure, then vote to seal the deal.
You questioned me a lot about this.

That is stupid.

If someone says "I use my vote as a tool" and then you pull up a spot where he used it as a cudgel and there is absolutely no way that is not the case?

It doesn't make him scum.

Again, if you're looking for an axe murderer it doesn't mean that everyone with an axe is a murderer. They could be a lumberjack.

Focus more on getting real information, less cartoon-style evidence.

GLG

You came in on a stacked deck. Sorry. :(

You couldn't really do too much with your early position, Gordito's poor play kind of sealed your fate.

Afterwards, though? You should have been tearing it up. You actually called Beatstick and myself out on D1 for posting useless fluff (which we shouldn't have done) that emphasized pro-scum outcomes (which we shouldn't have done). You didn't follow up on it!

When you're a confirmed townie, you're stronger than any power role in the game. You can take control over anyone else when you are mod confirmed, and you are a giant target for scum. Your response should be "come at me bro" rather than small posts here and there and following others.

If you had taken control of town it would have been guaranteed that scum was reacting, not creating, the situations; that's enough to turn the tide in favor of town sometimes.

Other than that, not much. Just follow your reads and use the situation to your advantage. Your play improved a ton from FF6 mafia; I came into this thinking you'd be an easy player to manipulate and you actually scared me off with how you were posting. You had some bite to you this game, which was awesome. Looking forward to seeing your future games, just be more assertive in situations where you're confirmed town. ;)

Ranmaru

You need a lot more practice. I'm pretty sure you went insane at some point.

You were so scummy I temporarily entertained the idea that you were part of a different mafia faction that we didn't know about. We actively kept you alive knowing we could get you lynched whenever we wanted, so we saved it for the best possible time.

There are a lot of basics you were having trouble with, but it basically all boils down to this:

Don't draw attention to yourself.

Just work on hiding in the shadows some and finding that balanced between inactivity and activity that any player can use to be a strong player.

Personally, I post a lot and it works for me. I have a lot of time and practice, I have a way with words, and I love metaing people and writing my posts for specific players. I am a rarity with this playstyle, and for good reason; it's made my games harder in many circumstances, and several players have called me out on anti-town slips and anti-town posting styles simply because I post enough content to generally get caught with something. What's more, I deliberately bring attention to myself early game! Most players don't want that.

So try finding that sweetspot where you don't have as much attention drawn to you, and try to stay there. I don't know how often you've played mafia, but a few more games under your belt should help.

Rajam

You played well this game. Your claim was a little premature, but it made sense in the context of this game and, well, there were a lot of claims already.

Your reasoning was pretty sound in a lot of areas. Your ability helped scum win the game, but it only did so because of the circumstances at hand. With an ability like that, I'd suggest not letting anyone other than confirmed town (MOD confirmed) direct it.

I also enjoyed watching your play improve from my BBR games. You learned your lessons in each of the games and have kept them to it. You will be an excellent mafia player as time goes on, and are already pretty solid.

As a townie, I'd love to have you around simply because you think much differently than everyone else here. Maybe you think in Spanish? I don't know, but you take completely different routes to get to conclusions that other people do and I find it very difficult to manipulate you when I'm scum. I mostly just try to avoid you.

You can be a bit easy to brush aside since you aren't very assertive, but I don't know if being assertive would fit your playstyle anyway. GJ this game.

Raziek

You were also a pretty solid player. You made a lot of new player mistakes; things that seem logical, but really aren't. You won't make those mistakes again, so it's not a big deal. As you play more games you'll learn more about those things, and you're a solid logical player so you'll improve faster than most.

I'm not sure how effective your reads are; this game was a pretty bad example of reads since there were so many ??? flips and a fake Cop.

adumbrodeus

Wish you had gotten to play a bit more, but oh well. :(

I was planning on using your natural inclination towards reviewing me to get you to push a lynch on me later so Nabe could jump on it and be more of a townie... but you being vig could have hurt that strategy greatly.

I liked the way you posted your reads this game as town, so it made me happy when you were removed. XD

A lot of town players think posting lists is anti-town since it tells mafia what to do, but as mafia I can tell them that they're full of ****. It's not anti-town and doesn't help mafia. What helps mafia is disinformation and lack of information and BS cases like "you changed your mind on read X". Posting your reads doesn't mean you can't change your mind later, and if scum tries to use your reads to their advantage and you're constantly reevaluating them they become painfully obvious. So GJ on that.

My scummates <3

All of my scummates played awesome. We were a little, uh, dangerous towards the end. If Nich had flipped abductor I'd have been killed pretty fast. If Red Ryu had used his watcher claim or we had killed the abductor and not ended the day, he would have died. Beatstick became more connected to us as time went on and had a claim out there for no real reason that could have brought attention to him... I was actually a bit worried about post-abductor play. I knew we only needed one real mislynch, but sheesh. It felt like we were suddenly dominoes, except for Nabe who was our ninja.

Beatstick

Good job. You were a little shakey early and late game; independently your posts coudl raise a few eyebrows. Mid game though, I felt you were our safest and strongest player. With Nabe gone you kind of naturally fell into his role as our straight man and did so convincingly.

I was really impressed at how you managed to change you activity and content of your posts based on what phase of a plan we were in. You didn't draw much attention to yourself and didn't draw attention to anyone you didn't want to; you were basically an instant add-on to any wagon we wanted you on, and you did so expertly. Awesome job.

Red Ryu

Good job here as well. You had a pretty shakey early game too, but I think we all did, haha XD

I'd like to note that you're as lucky as they get in mafia. You had multiple times when people looked directly at you and started to wagon on you, then the wagon melted with little effort on our part. You'd post things that would make me go "!" and replan everything for your lynch that day, and then no one would notice or comment on it. I'm still not sure how you did that, but it was awesome.

Nabe

Playing off you in the early Day phases of the game was a lot of fun. It sucks you didn't get to go to end game because of FF, but it was awesomely set up for you anyway. :(

A few people noticed you weren't taknig too many risks early on, but they didn't follow up on it and/or they died/were abducted, so no biggie. You didn't really get your chance to shine this game but you laid the groundwork very very well. You'd be one of my preferred scummates in most games, I think.

Overswarm

You're awesome.

Mod and Game Balance:
Xivii

I really enjoyed this game. Looking at the role nows I can see the game being fairly balanced. It just kind of went in scums favor. Repeatedly. Over and over again.

Sometimes by our design, sometimes by luck, but seriously:

Town's most powerful role forced to claim by town on D1, gets roleblocked and loses awesome ability

Town Reviver killed N1, only gets one of two revives (would have been TWO mod confirmed townies!)

Town vig gets abducted before he gets to take his first kill.

Rajam, town sealer, gets roleblocked by Red Ryu the night he finally decides to use his ability. He would have sealed beatstick away and beatstick would have been pegged as scum for sure, sicne he was putting in the NKill.

I use the cop safe claim effectively and kill an independent, giving me control over the town.

No kills from serial killer on scum. No wasted kills on serial killer by scum.

All of those above had some luck in them. Had we missed a NKill by targetting CDubs, had Vult been able to revive someone else, had abumbrodeus got to vig someone (not me! hahaha!), had Nich been able to say "Hey guys, there are 4 scum out of that list and out of those 8, I'm town so we've got a good chance of catching scum out of that group" I would have died pretty fast. Could have changed a lot.

I don't think I agree with the multiple roles not present claim. I do think adding those to both scum and indies (red ryu was outed as scum when he claimed watcher) was an interesting thnig, but it really hurt town to give us that much mobility.

The amount of ??? flips in this game I feel deserved some different roles for town. I guess I only feel that way because Nich / Vult didn't get to effectively use their abilities, but some sort of anti-abductor (bring one person abducted back into the game), tracker/watcher type role, SOMETHING would have helped town a bit, I feel.

For balance reasons, I think they ability would be something along the lines of picking a player and watching them all game. First time an ability affects them, you're notified, then the ability is gone. Something like that so that town has some sort of ability to combat those ??? flips. A one-shot use by one player doesn't seem to be too much.

I don't really agree with the game being endgamed at this point, but it was listed as such directly in Soren's ability:

rolepm said:
The player will be unaffected by all other commands, be unable to vote, post in the game thread, communicate with any players, or count toward any win conditions until the player is unsealed.
Given that the game should end, but I don't know why that would need to be added to the ability. I guess it removes WIFOM and the like, but eh. Feel it kind of detracts from teh game in this one isolated case.

I think that's everyone and everything. Let me know if I missed anything.

If CDubs and FF just scroll to the bottom of this:

What'd you do with your abilities?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I still wanna be your scummate OS, this game would've been perfect, argh.

Good choice btw, I knew it had to be either one of you two (FF or OS) that abducted me when I got chosen d1.

Honestly, the major reason why this game favored scum drastically was lack of flips, town got almost no info during the course of the game.

Oh btw, I HAD balls...

Also, the choice of endgaming there.... why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jesus **** I didn't know it'd be endgame after my lynch.

Yeah, it was hard picking up glyphs slack. But then I was busy with school, and it was really hard to get into the game. Then I just gave up on town. I'm pretty sure I put some effor in. I'm sorry if I seemed odd to you guys.

I'll make a list later.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Cheers for the advice OS, the game was so irritating because when you're scum its obvious to me that your pulling everyone's strings massively and no-one seemed to realise it, whatever else was said. Its probably because I just suck at vocalising my thoughts. I couldn't enjoy the game because it seemed like whatever I posted was just met with you talking in a more arrogant tone and then everyone agreeing with you.

Funnily enough I almost fakeclaimed cop on you near the end of D2.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cheers for the advice OS, the game was so irritating because when you're scum its obvious to me that your pulling everyone's strings massively and no-one seemed to realise it, whatever else was said. Its probably because I just suck at vocalising my thoughts. I couldn't enjoy the game because it seemed like whatever I posted was just met with you talking in a more arrogant tone and then everyone agreeing with you.

Funnily enough I almost fakeclaimed cop on you near the end of D2.
Again, that's ends justify the means.

You'd be willing to take out SIX townies on a guess? Really? Possibly out the cop?

...why?

You're "so sure" I'm scum but in reality you don't know. The correct response is to constantly get me to clarify things and make me wakl on eggshells and hope I slip. Eventually, you'll die and flip town (well, in most games you'd flip) and people can pursue your reads aftewards.

If you had fakeclaimed cop on me and I was town:

One of us gets lynched. Then a NKill and abduction.
The other gets lynched. Then a NKill and abduction.

Six townies gone.

If I was scum:

One of us gets lynched. Then a NKill and abduction.
Possible other gets lynched depending on circumstances. Then a NKill and abduction.

But let's put it at best case scenario: you fake claim cop, claim a guilty on me and somehow get away with it while simultaneously clearing someone else (when you do not know their alignment). I counter-claim cop and you don't get lynched over it. I'm assuming you don't claim that you investigated Vult and got no result because you'd get lynched over that.

What then? You now have the cop claim and people are looking at you for guidance and you could dig town their own grave by accident or simply tell them "I am not the cop" and get lynched yourself.

This isn't even touching on the idea that someone else in the game would counter-claim cop on you, you'd get lynched, flip VT, and everyone would say "that's ****ing stupid" or the guy who counter-claimed you would flip cop and then you'd be lynched the next day.

Ends rarely justify the means in mafia, not in the short term.

Top Bottom