• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cheers for the advice OS, the game was so irritating because when you're scum its obvious to me that your pulling everyone's strings massively and no-one seemed to realise it, whatever else was said. Its probably because I just suck at vocalising my thoughts. I couldn't enjoy the game because it seemed like whatever I posted was just met with you talking in a more arrogant tone and then everyone agreeing with you.

Funnily enough I almost fakeclaimed cop on you near the end of D2.
I tried to dig your case up and such but meh. you know, IN MEMORY OF ____

But X1, don't you have to wait until he had done something scummy to call them out on it?

@OS: I didn't have a read on RR all game tho. Also it was hard for me to notice reads since I was under pressure all game lol.

So FF, do you think I failed here because of my language skills?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I tried to dig your case up and such but meh. you know, IN MEMORY OF ____

But X1, don't you have to wait until he had done something scummy to call them out on it?

@OS: I didn't have a read on RR all game tho. Also it was hard for me to notice reads since I was under pressure all game lol.

So FF, do you think I failed here because of my language skills?
Wait, English isn't your first language?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well Spanish is but I learned English in second grade, so I am more proficient in English than Spanish.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Same thing as Upick1 in disco, I should have been lynched multiple multiple times, but it just stopped and I got off scott free.

I have no clue why I didn't get lynched or anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I dunno. I didn't get any red flags from you early on. I was focused on defending myself and responding to the cases against my playerslot.

Sorry town.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I'm still a bit salty on the setup, but after looking at the roles more closely, and how unlucky town was/lucky mafia got, it feels slightly pro-mafia instead of too-much-pro-mafia

Anyways the game was extremely fun, as well as the roles
The amount of abilities Cdubs and FF had was nuts xD

I also have to agree with what KevinM ( I think it was him ) said on his interview: Janitors ( and roles which hide flips overall ) are probably the most anti-town role. I still think town didn't play bad, but it was impossible to evaluate and re-evaluate connections without flips. The level of activity was pretty good ( except for FF, who ended with less posts than Xiivi lol, but he had reasons as indy and also had legit real life johns ), and the only really distracting town was the combination Glyph+Ranmaru ( as one player together ). Mostly Glyph, since my real big case was against him. Ranmaru just replaced into a bad position and his distracting questions didn't help him either.

No idea why Glyph replaced out, but it was pretty disgusting and deffinitely hurted town. Also, I have to say: Didn't like at all on X1's part deciding on replacing out so late :( ( lol at Fire )

Scum played brilliantly, I have to recognize. I just read the QT and it felt the whole mafia worked as a team. That's pretty important imo. I was scum with Tandora in Tales of Symphonia, but we barely used our QT and were solidly defeated. In Death Note it was the opposite, as scum we discussed several issues and worked as a team and won solidly. So, congrats to mafia for playing as a team. BeatStick played pretty well, although after some re-check I found some tells on him ( buddying with me and wagoning Glyph D1, as well as his vote on Zen D2 which I found wagonny and scummy ). RR used his activity level at an optimum level along with a slight noob card style. I remember I did a case on you D1, but with Zen and X1 calling you town it was hard for me following on it and I dropped it quickly. Nabe was super-null, maybe the hardest player to follow, all I recall is him tunneling on Zen. OS managed to withstand a lot of pressure and at the end I think several people looked at him as town despite I guess no one cleared him 100% and very likely everyone has doubts about OS claims. But anyways if he would've get lynched, probably his plan would've worked and his scum partners would have had an easier time around. Congrats to OS and I think he deserves MVP this game

I'll post later my thoughts on my town partners and the indies. I think they did good overall.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He replaced out because he was getting the pressure. That's why I tried to disregard his actions as null and dumb.

Rajam, can you give an example of what questions were distracting? (from the top of your head?) So that I don't ask them again. I don't want to distract town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Any question that can easily be answered with an untraceable lie is a distacting question.

Example:

"If you felt Nich was town tomorrow, would you vote for him?"

That question is useless, because the guy could reply "No." and be done.

Rajam

Smash Champion
He replaced out because he was getting the pressure. That's why I tried to disregard his actions as null and dumb.

Rajam, can you give an example of what questions were distracting? (from the top of your head?) So that I don't ask them again. I don't want to distract town.
There were a lot, I don't recall them right now, but there was one question that was like "ok this is it. Ran is just asking questions for the sake of it". That question was:

"Are you taking notes? Why are you or are you not taking notes?"

Mmmmm also there was:

"Do you think I should go back and re-read old posts and see what happened before?"

Something like those

Rajam

Smash Champion
btw I claimed two shots, but I had three actually. Unless you've managed to get me lynched next Day if the game would've continued, I could've eventually sealed myself in order to prevent getting lynched.

Rajam

Smash Champion
oh also I think I could've convinced people to lynch Red Ryu based on the breadcrumb suggested on Ranmaru's journal :p

Beat!

Smash Master
Well that was the point. I was thinking about entertaining the possibility that you were the abductor. I was going to ask you to use the seal command on someone, since it would be harmless if you were telling the truth. Since you apparently had three "charges", it would've "outed" you immediately.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah. Sealing yourself would have basically just made everyone say "Okay, well he's scum" and then you'd die when you came back.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, I pegged OS/Beatstick, but way too late in the game to do anything about it. Wasn't expecting to go to Endgame after last night. -_-

Good game gents, though I will say I'm a little butthurt about how stacked against Town that game felt. I know it was mostly because we got unlucky REPEATEDLY, but gaaaaah.

I don't know why you thought I played decently, OS, I felt like I played like garbage. xD

Wish I had put more time into things at the start of the game. Might have been able to call out OS on his claim if I had been playing closer attention. :/

Also, the restrictions on Ran's role were kind of absurd, lmao. >_>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't know why you thought I played decently, OS, I felt like I played like garbage. xD
In a game with mostly no flips, a really bad claim that didn't clear you under no pressure, and not being inactive, you weren't really thought of as scummy until end game when scum decided to make you scummy. That's a decent game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I suppose when you put it that way... xD

Yeah, that was actually one of the main things that allowed me to peg you at the end.

"If Overswarm really IS cop, and I've claimed and been unconfirmed since Day 2, why hasn't he copped me by now?"

I should have put two and two together when you claimed copping BeatStick instead of Ran or myself on Day 4.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I suppose when you put it that way... xD

Yeah, that was actually one of the main things that allowed me to peg you at the end.

"If Overswarm really IS cop, and I've claimed and been unconfirmed since Day 2, why hasn't he copped me by now?"

I should have put two and two together when you claimed copping BeatStick instead of Ran or myself on Day 4.
Wouldn't have worked. You also didn't say anything in the game that implies you had me pegged either, so it was all for naught. ;)

More importantly, my response would have been the same as it was when I was asked that earlier: Beatstick was completely unknown. Ran was on the lynch block and I didn't want him in lylo anyway. Why are you trying to lynch the confirmed cop?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I hadn't figured it out until Ran had flipped Town, unfortunately.

What a dumb role that was.

Fair point on the defense, though.

Edit: @mod: You have GLG's name where mine should be, and vice-versa, in the endgame post.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now you guys can't say "I don't know what that roles is" or "Isn't it supposed to be journalist and not journal?" (if you did I'd remind you)

Gah why was it journal though... I don't understand. xD

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That really was a role that made no sense contextually, not to mention being extremely dumb. >_>

Fun fact: At least half of the pictures Xiivi used for roles are Radiant Dawn concept art, not Path of Radiance.

Most notable among them: Elincia, Mist, and Volke.

Rajam

Smash Champion
If what was written in that QT was all due to you ( I thought it was Xiivi ), then I don't understand how your ability was supposed to be used in a pro-town way ?¿?

EDIT: Include Raziek's ability there as well

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I didn't know how to use it, but I improvised. And it didn't matter because I was the last lynch xD

Yeah I wrote that non empty post.

At that point I would be dead, so it would be OMG HES TOWN so you'd actually take it to heart. (maybe, lol)

And I'm pretty sure it would be pro-town, since the qt would be released on my death. (scum wouldn't need that) Unless it was used with a traitor.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Good stuff. OS beasted this I must say.

Again, if you're looking for an axe murderer it doesn't mean that everyone with an axe is a murderer. They could be a lumberjack.
But if you eliminate everyone with an axe, you have a 100% chance at eliminating the axe murderer =D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Probably because he's a trai--. Yeah. There wasn't a traitor in the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Or that dude who you randomly find in the desert. : ] So good.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Eh, Stefan's not important enough for that.

You can literally go through the entirety of BOTH games, and never know he exists.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Yeah I didn't know how to use it, but I improvised. And it didn't matter because I was the last lynch xD

Yeah I wrote that non empty post.

At that point I would be dead, so it would be OMG HES TOWN so you'd actually take it to heart. (maybe, lol)

And I'm pretty sure it would be pro-town, since the qt would be released on my death. (scum wouldn't need that) Unless it was used with a traitor.
But I meant, you just posted your reads there ( did you put that thing breadcrumbing RR and Nabe were scum? ), and in a way it seems mod-confirmed. If you had put innocent people there, it would have ended worse than putting nothing, so, that's why I don't understand that role from a how-to-use in pro-town way point of view

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But I meant, you just posted your reads there ( did you put that thing breadcrumbing RR and Nabe were scum? ), and in a way it seems mod-confirmed. If you had put innocent people there, it would have ended worse than putting nothing, so, that's why I don't understand that role from a how-to-use in pro-town way point of view
Yes, that was me. Breadcrumbing RR and Nabe. Yeah, you are right. Only thing it can do is force you to look at it from a different point of view. I wouldn't trust it %100 percent either. Also I couldn't say names.

Maybe I was supposed to get notes passed to me?

Maybe Xiivi can help with understanding this role.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ah, I should have known OS was scum. I just couldn't bring myself to make a serious push because

a) Ran was just "What are you even doing and how does that make sense AT ALL" ********/scummy and needed a lynch badly.

b) Cop claim was awesome, I must admit, especially nailing the indy. Plus, it really fit in with how you played your game.

Interestingly, one of the things that made me paranoid was that faked "X1/Fire visited frozen" result. I went through it in my mind, and I realized that the role that best made sense for would have been a tracker, or a similar investigative role. :p

Anyway, shoutouts.

Adumb:
:( It really was some bad luck losing our vig AND basically the strongest town player N1.

Zen:
ARGH! Your case on me forced my claim (despite being really bad), leading to my roleblock N1 (and loss of the census), as well as being a huge factor in why I went after you D2. Also, I seriously don't know what you were thinking with that stunner stuff. *bangs head against the wall*

X1:
You were wrong a good bit, but you completely NAILED the Overswarm read. I should have listened to you on that one, I admit it.

Beatstick:
One of the few times I wish I'd tunneled more. I had you in my sights D2, but you held up well to the pressure, and then I realized that the stuff I was after you for applied to Zen even more, and when he flipped town, I totally forgot about you. Good job.

Red Ryu/Nabe:
You know, I barely paid you two any attention, the whole game. So, good job on that.

Frozenflame:
If I had a nickel for every time you were inactive... Still though, considering how long you survived and avoided pressure, it worked in your favor this time (as opposed to the disaster it was in BIM 3).

GLG:
I had a feeling you were town late D1, but it was you or me at that point, so I couldn't afford to let up. Sorry about lynching you there.

Vult:
Why couldn't you have lived longer? We really could have used that second revive.

CDubs:
I see town wasn't the only faction OS dominated. Sorry man, can't win them all.

Ran:
Seriously, what were you thinking?!?

Rajam:
I told you to forget about using that sealing power. :(

General Thoughts:
Town really suffered from a lack of good leadership this game. Adum being inactive and abducted N1, plus Frozen/OS being anti-town really just put town in a hole to begin with. Add in Vult only getting one revive + me losing the census, and mafia's got a firm hold on the game by D2. Still, those weren't balance problems (or even bad town problems) so much as awful luck. Ah well, can't win every time, and mafia totally deserved this win.

Misc comments to the MVP:
Well Overswarm, you dominated this game. There's really no other word for it. However, I thought I'd comment on a couple of points.

My early game inactivity wasn't actually to hide my PR. It was completely due to the reasons I stated, I just didn't have motivation for the reread, and didn't have a firm enough grasp on the game without it.

My D3-D4 inactivity was moreso due to the lynches basically being already set up, and I knew I'd lost any clear direction at that point.

The reason I didn't pay the abductor talk any notice was because I thought the abductor was mafia. I mean...

N1 kill + abduct
N2 kill + abduct
SK dies.
N3 No kill, abduct.

Really points to a mafia faction without a normal kill. What an odd turn of events. XD

Anyway, regarding my own play, I've determined that I'm more effective when I have a good townie partner who I can rely on for reads (See: Cello, DBZ). This game I just couldn't find one. I'm pretty good at pushing cases (I got GLG and Zen lynched this game), and also at avoiding my own lynch (Actually, I've never been lynched as town, although this game came a bit too close for comfort.)

Top Bottom