• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU BRAWL 3--Miami, FL--1/23/2010--3 PR members will be there!!!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE NOW SCIDADLE THANKS!

btw hype for this.

MM's?

edit:
yo wheres that ledge rule at...
Well, what do you guys want as a ledge grab rule? I'm thinking you guys can let me know and I'll watch the match.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Although planking has never been a serious issue for me (I kind of do it myself with ECE), I guess it can bother a great deal of others. 60-70 ledge grabs, maybe?

:069:

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Yo Polt I accept the 5$ MM. Those are some hard juevos of you, MVD, and Galleon not making it out of pools.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
The ledge grabs are counted by the game and displayed in the statistics on the victory screen
I'm aware of that. But how does that help? Am I suppose to stop the match and check? Check after the match and redo or give the round to the victim?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yo Polt I accept the 5$ MM. Those are some hard juevos of you, MVD, and Galleon not making it out of pools.
Eh, I'm over it now. I promise to not be so soundly defeated at Pound 4, though.

After the match, the player who did it forfeits, if the rule is in place.
Is it the forfeit of a match or a set?

:069:

Ruuku

Smash Lord
After the match, the player who did it forfeits, if the rule is in place.
That's a pretty bad way of doing it if you ask me. But I don't really care. If you guys want that, then I'll do it. I can also make it so that if a player wants the ledge grab rule to be in effect, he or she has to say it before the set starts.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
That's a pretty bad way of doing it if you ask me. But I don't really care. If you guys want that, then I'll do it. I can also make it so that if a player wants the ledge grab rule to be in effect, he or she has to say it before the set starts.
The ledge-grab rule is only for matches that time out. Therefore, it is a very GOOD way of doing it. It means that somebody cannot win by planking, which many people/characters cannot get around.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
The ledge-grab rule is only for matches that time out. Therefore, it is a very GOOD way of doing it. It means that somebody cannot win by planking, which many people/characters cannot get around.
I still think this isn't a good rule because of some other reasons but I don't want to talk about it in this thread. Let us discuss it whenever we see each other again.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Well I can see your logic from one aspect Ruuku.

1. If a player is stuck on the ledge and your opponent is MK then how can you get back on if he keeps pressuring the ledge? Are you going to DQ the player stuck on the ledge for being unable to get on safely.
First off everyone is going to bash this idea until it happens in tournament, but if that's how it is then i'll just have to make it happen.

2. Who does the ledgegrab rule affect? If a match times out and M2K wins by percent but has 61 ledgegrabs, and the opposer is Plank with 52 ledgegrabs. Then who loses the match they're both over the ledgegrab rule. Plank could call it on M2K but he himself is over the limit too.

There's a lot about this rule that is going to be abused but before the tourney starts please specify what the rule is for this.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Well I can see your logic from one aspect Ruuku.

1. If a player is stuck on the ledge and your opponent is MK then how can you get back on if he keeps pressuring the ledge? Are you going to DQ the player stuck on the ledge for being unable to get on safely.
First off everyone is going to bash this idea until it happens in tournament, but if that's how it is then i'll just have to make it happen.

2. Who does the ledgegrab rule affect? If a match times out and M2K wins by percent but has 61 ledgegrabs, and the opposer is Plank with 52 ledgegrabs. Then who loses the match they're both over the ledgegrab rule. Plank could call it on M2K but he himself is over the limit too.

There's a lot about this rule that is going to be abused but before the tourney starts please specify what the rule is for this.
Yeah, you have most of the negative aspects down. But I think I have a solution for that issue. Well, for my tournaments, that is. I'll post about it this weekend.

Coffee™

I need it....
So..........I wanna go to this. Can any1 give me a ride? Also, lol at the ledgegrab rule. 301% all day baby :)

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
i don't play pikmin and chaz just refers it as pikmin god
Because the Pikmin Gawd needs to be fed so you must throw your sacrifices to him.

Yes is it called a Bulborb, but how many people who actually played the game can say they didn't throw the pikmin in it's mouth just to hear the squeak they make when being eaten. Therefore it is a Pikmin GAWD!!!

So..........I wanna go to this. Can any1 give me a ride? Also, lol at the ledgegrab rule. 301% all day baby :)
Hell yea ledgegrab rules are in effect, R@vyn first match we play in tourney let's both grab the ledge 51 times and then start fighting. Because apparently this situation has never occured before, so people are too lazy to make a rule for it.

And as for a Falcon only tournament I would Win this without anyone even coming close, I'd even let people play snake since they won't be able to handle my falcon. Btw this is a challenge to anyone who thinks they have a Falcon, MM me to see if your even slightly close to being a man. Amounts aren't important, except Nick Riddle who has to MM me for 50$. :)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Because the Pikmin Gawd needs to be fed so you must throw your sacrifices to him.

Yes is it called a Bulborb, but how many people who actually played the game can say they didn't throw the pikmin in it's mouth just to hear the squeak they make when being eaten. Therefore it is a Pikmin GAWD!!!

Hell yea ledgegrab rules are in effect, R@vyn first match we play in tourney let's both grab the ledge 51 times and then start fighting. Because apparently this situation has never occured before, so people are too lazy to make a rule for it.

And as for a Falcon only tournament I would Win this without anyone even coming close, I'd even let people play snake since they won't be able to handle my falcon. Btw this is a challenge to anyone who thinks they have a Falcon, MM me to see if your even slightly close to being a man. Amounts aren't important, except Nick Riddle who has to MM me for 50$. :)
Wait... Why do I have to MM you for 50? XD

Master Raven

Smash Master
Nvm I don't see MVD on the list... if he isn't going, who's willing to team with me?

Coffee™

I need it....
I'd say team with me but you kinda never show up :laugh:. If not you though would anyone else like to team? My MK does cool stuff in teams :)
Lol let's do this!

Btw...ledgegrab rules are dumb.....ICs already do way gayer shiz. Can we limit their grabs too and possibly ban Snake Nades and MK's Nado? I don't those either.

ps arbitrary rules are dumb...

nevershootme

Smash Master
me and ruuku worked **** hard with the school for years to run these tournies on campus and it's practically a once in a blue moon experience. plus... what other universities in FL held a real tourney lately.

Previous turnouts at FIU tournies in general, can technically disregard yasumicon since it's not with the school's game room as it was with the anime club. all of these were singles turnouts

Yasumicon 2008: 40 ppl
Yasumicon 2009: 63 ppl
August 2008 tourney: 64 ppl
January 2009 tourney: about 42 ppl

Top Bottom