• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL at Pound 3, **Attendance list updated**

OTRU...

Smash Champion
dang thats a really good idea, a bus would be so much fun!!! the only thing is that it might be a lil bit hard to find, unless we get enough people to get a whole greyhound bus for ourselves

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hey Joetru, I want in on this, so don't forget about me! Even if the bus thing doesn't work out, I can always fill the place of someone who opted out late. I've got the $money$ :).

BTW if we got 30 people, and the bus cost $3000, it would only cost $100 per person, which sounds pretty good compared to flying seperately. (But I have no clue how much a bus would cost)

And I don't know how much driving seperatly would cost.

But I'd go if there's a way.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Me and Amber are looking at all the different places and their deals. Maybe we will find a place that's more agreeable since we have a full load. The UCF Club Bus idea might work out, and that could be a lot cheaper.

Edit: We might try calling places, so that we could discuss the issue instead of just checking online. Greyhound was only like $120, and I was thinking that if we could fill the entire bus, then maybe they will take us exactly where we need to go, instead of "pretty close to the venue".

Double Edit: I sent my name and email and stuff to this one company so they would send me an estimate, and they said they'd immediatly send an email, but they still haven't sent anything back and it's been almost 20 minutes. I think they are going to like Identity Theft me or something.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
**** GA we're getting FL in order once FL is taken care of we'll consider that.
Again, FL hating on GA
=P

Not to say that you guys shouldn't take care of yourselves first, but there'd be a pretty decent # of GA people willing to go in on group transportation, so it could open up options that might not be feasible if only FL was involved.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Again, FL hating on GA
=P

Not to say that you guys shouldn't take care of yourselves first, but there'd be a pretty decent # of GA people willing to go in on group transportation, so it could open up options that might not be feasible if only FL was involved.
I agree the more people we have the cheaper it will be.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
What if we got a 50 people charter bus for $5000ish? It seems reasonable if we cooerce ALL the smashers we know to take part. What we would have to do is collect EVERYONE'S money before making a purchase, so that if people backed out at the very last second, we would still take their billz. I think between FL and GA we could get 50 people and a handful of maybes to fill in their spots. But maybe I am talking crazy talk.

DoooooDah

Smash Rookie
Wow, I'm most likely gonna be the south captain too.

So ya'll better start suckin my **** cuz I'm definitely going to this.

I just took that whole work week off.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Plane is faster, but usually more expensive. Sometimes it's cheaper though. All depends.

I think it'd be PART of the trip if we were all on a bus together for an ~18 hour drive. Listening to Doodah yell "c0ck" over and over. (jk) What I mean is that, even though organizing a busload of people would be extra effort, it would mean that instead of just having fun while we're in Maryland, we'd be having fun the whole day before and the whole day after. This is in addition to saving around $50 a person. Even if we Greyhound and don't all ride together, I think a bus trip could be a lot more fun than a plane trip. I guess this is all wishful thinking.

Renth

Smash Hero
Plane is faster, but usually more expensive. Sometimes it's cheaper though. All depends.

I think it'd be PART of the trip if we were all on a bus together for an ~18 hour drive. Listening to Doodah yell "c0ck" over and over. (jk) What I mean is that, even though organizing a busload of people would be extra effort, it would mean that instead of just having fun while we're in Maryland, we'd be having fun the whole day before and the whole day after. This is in addition to saving around $50 a person. Even if we Greyhound and don't all ride together, I think a bus trip could be a lot more fun than a plane trip. I guess this is all wishful thinking.
agreed. we need someone to check out prices for a bus.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
agreed. we need someone to check out prices for a bus.
That's what I've been doing, but so far, my efforts are fruitless.

The most favorable choice (for me, at least) right now is still Greyhound. It's looking to be about $125. Plus I like Busses more than flying, because there is less BS you have to go through.

If I learn anything about a relativly cheap bus that we can all rent, I will let you guys know. Otherwise, it's gonna be Greyhound for me.

Edit:Unless someone needs me to ride with them and split gas. :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Truuuu, does anyone know if Greyhound allows for people to all ride the same bus? Or is the answer to this question obvious? It would suck to ride alone.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

BluRay

Smash Apprentice
im deffinitly going to pound 3 and i no if u buy a plane ticket n advance its around 120 round trip if not cheaper but another way us fl people could go is rent a van and drive there...... everyone would only hav 2 put in like 40-50 bucks each only mayb less.....but also a bus would prolly b really cheap n advanced too..... hhhmmmmm tough choices

hungrybox

Smash Legend
ALRIGHT GUYS, SERIOUSLY

I say we meet at either the next gigs or some other tournament and discuss this during lunch between singles and doubles.

Have at least a 15 or 20 person meeting

and they can spread the word to their crews after we have reached a desicion.

How's that?

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Plane is probably going to be cheaper than renting an entire bus. So if you wanna save money, you might as well just go by plane.

Renth

Smash Hero
Plane is probably going to be cheaper than renting an entire bus. So if you wanna save money, you might as well just go by plane.
it's a money spilting money saving idea if you would rather go plane go for it.

I agree. Pound 3 is gonna be awesome.
where do you place in tournaments? yeah... that's what i thought, shut up for MM me

hungrybox

Smash Legend
I call backseat b1tches

and someone had better bring some kind of portable smash

unless the bus has outlets

which i think it does/doesn't depending what bus we are riding/renting

We need some wise elder smash players to discuss this
they know what they are talking about

Rohins? Dguy? QDVS? Phanna?

Can someone actually call them and get a quote or a date or a price?

BluRay

Smash Apprentice
i got an idea how bout we do it old school and hike all the way there lord of the rings style i no a short cut over the mountains lol

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
i got an idea how bout we do it old school and hike all the way there lord of the rings style i no a short cut over the mountains lol
o_O you stupid hobit thats not a mountain that's a volcano. :laugh:

So yea if I win a tourney i might be able to go. Or someone could just give me a hundredsmthin bucks, that works too.

Top Bottom