• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fl Brawl Power Rankings!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Dude, there is no CFL Pr's, there THE FL Pr's.
I am going to be keeping track of CFL's Brawl Tournament placings, and if no one in CFL wants a mini PR chart, then I just won't make any posts about it.

It's all good.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
PS: tournaments were happening very soon after melee's release.

you know the funny thing? All these idiots like Linguini and Hungrybox act like they know **** or something about the melee scene and then act like they know anything about brawl.

Besides the fact that they probably still wet the bed occasionally when Melee came out...

you know what I remember about melee?

---Falco being stage dependent

---Falco ranked worse than Captain Falcon

---Sheik the best character over Fox

---Fox ranked below because "his real good stuff like shine combos were impractical in tournament matches"

---Wall bombing didnt exsist

---One of the best edgeguards in the game was peach's down smash, because ledge teching didnt exsist

---Luigi was ranked better than Mario, and definitely wasnt low tier.

---Ice Climbers were considered worse than Link They were perfectly acceptable Low tier characters... except no one even bothered to use them in low tiers either!

---Smash DI? ASDI? wtf is that?

---DI'ing up to survive most hits was practically unheard of. Ken surviving KillaOR's rest at FC3 crew battles was the most unimaginably good DI then. Now smashpr0playur76 can hit that DI

---Let's not forget Sheik's chain grab was borderline getting banned!!!

--------------------------------------------------

god ****ed idiots.

XIF

Smash Master
Why is melee getting replaced, tho?

why can't we have separate tournies?
Because the concept you cannot seem to comprehend is that it isnt you nor I that constitutes the entirety of the tournament scene.

Its the smash community.

And as Brawl is going to be vastly more popular than Melee to the public, and with online play, AND with MLG doing online ladders, there's going to be a gargantuan community for tournaments in brawl. And they all want to play Brawl not melee. Plus the fact that a large majority of the top melee players are already playing brawl almost exclusively means that Melee is already dead. Melee is Dead On Arrival come Brawl release.

I mean, there are a couple people out there that are probably hardcore Marvel vs Capcom fans, and they revel in their happiness when they manage to find a MvC cabinet at an arcade.

But who... the fvck... plays MvC anymore? its all about MvC2.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Just like people moved from 64 to melee, people will move from melee to brawl. Whats funny is, how much my friends and I loved 64 smash, and you know what happened the first time we played melee? I turned it on and played and said wtf is this, this isnt smash, its terrible, whats the crap when i press shield in the air? I move in the air and fall? But you know what? After playing for about a week we all fell in love with it. And they same group of random people exsisted back then, while we were all having a blast in melee, they were sitting and complaining that it wasnt smash 64, sitting around complaining and making up excuses about why its bad when we were all having fun.

its been over 6 years, its time to move on. Not saying people still wont play. What XIF and other people like myself are saying is you cant completely ignore/diss brawl because its not melee 2.0.

Learn to move on, learn to adapt, learn to ****, end of story.

Renth

Smash Hero
*snipity snip*.

Yeah okay that is what happened but you know. The N64 smash bros didn't have anywhere near the same size of community or good players. N64 never got off as being a good competitive game but melee did. Do not compare n64 ~> in the same catagory as melee ~> brawl.

Linguini

Smash Master
haha, im sorry i offended your honor o great xif.
I never said that I wouldnt be playing brawl, which I already am, starting yest I dotn play melee anymore.
But my opinion still stands so gtfo.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
:laugh:
---DI'ing up to survive most hits was practically unheard of. Ken surviving KillaOR's rest at FC3 crew battles was the most unimaginably good DI then. Now smashpr0playur76 can hit that DI
this line absolutly killed me... hahahha thanks for the good laff buddy. :laugh:

Queen,rx,bossmagnet, and colballs came over yeterday for a brawl session.

and I witness my little sister 2 stock colin twice with metaknight.

ask queen.

XIF

Smash Master
haha, im sorry i offended your honor o great xif.
I never said that I wouldnt be playing brawl, which I already am, starting yest I dotn play melee anymore.
But my opinion still stands so gtfo.
You didnt offend my honor, you're offending intelligence. The fact that you do or dont play brawl is none of my concern. You spouting off straight nonsense about the game online where people may actually take you seriously is.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
As it stands now I like melee better than Brawl, but everything changes with time so we shall see...

EDIT: Queen on Rx's account!!!

:colorful:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It's a natural fact that people who are content with the present resist change. I mean, I like Melee too...I'm getting so bored with it now...but I still like it.

Personally, I really like Brawl , though. I think it's impossible to tell which game is better or deeper...just from playing the new one a few weeks and basing it off a game we've been playing for 6 and a half years. IN time, Brawl's gameplay will change and change and change until it is near unrecognizable....just like Melee did. At that point, we'll know what it's capable of...if then. I'm not too crazy about people trying to compare it to Melee right now, though...fact is, it's not melee 2.0....it's a different game. So the first time you play it...it feels really awkward. And even now, it feels a lot different than Melee. I'm not sure you can compare the two.

I do have a feeling this game is REALLY deep, though. and I have a feeling that the tournament scene will be thriving with this game...and for me at least, the earlier these tourneys start, the better. I'm hoping most of the Smash community will embrace the new game and move to it. After all, the community down here is really the only reason I still play Melee.

Linguini

Smash Master
You didnt offend my honor, you're offending intelligence. The fact that you do or dont play brawl is none of my concern. You spouting off straight nonsense about the game online where people may actually take you seriously is.
Whats the nonsense xiffy? That I have an opinion, which I am entitled to? My opinion is that I like melee better ,thats all I posted o'great XIF.

XIF

Smash Master
Whats the nonsense xiffy? That I have an opinion, which I am entitled to? My opinion is that I like melee better ,thats all I posted o'great XIF.
Mewtwo is better than Fox.

He has a projectile which is a potential kill move, making his killing ability far more versatile than fox, that coupled with a great ranged back air for edge guarding, and his forward air as a very nice kill off the top move. Plus with DJC aerials and down tilts his combo ability is something to be reckoned with. Fox is limited by the fact that his entire gameplay, while for a while can be played at long range, ultimately must force the fox into a close ranged in order to deal significant damage and kills. This puts him at a greater risk than mewtwo simply because Mewtwo has a greater spacing ability with his back aerial plus his shadowball is a stunning projectile. While Fox may be faster, it is ultimately mewtwo's range (lets not forget his f tilt has quite a bit of range as well!) which puts him above Fox.

but of course... this is just my opinion.

Zoro

Smash Champion
ok i understand right now making a ranking is for fun but cmon....people that have only played the game once on the power rankings?

gtfo action ******* lol

lets at least wait till mankos tourney to start speculating whos better than who :laugh:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm really only annoyed at the fact that I still have to wait a whole 'nother week to play Brawl.

And if you like Melee, it's cool. Me and Raistlin still play smash 64 all the time. Just cuz a game no longer has huge tournaments, doesn't mean you have to stop playing it. That, and I have a feeling there will still be a lot of melee tournament hosted by die-hard fans for the first year or so (hopefully more, I like melee).

I was just starting to get good at it.

Zoro

Smash Champion
haha i feel the same way

I just started feeling like i was getting alot better

3 years to completely waste by not developing any skill at all
when i could have just picked sheik from the beginning and actually gotten better then switch to link if i wanted. I regret starting out with link just cuz i didnt get better until i played other characters. Hungrybox picks up the game competitively and in 6 months is on the power ranking. o wellz

im not making the same mistake for brawl im going to learn as much as i can. Im also not going to let character choices hinder me. Various chars sounds about right for me even tho im definitely going to use link as much as i can.

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
i think that they should release melee and put the online mode on there. that would be good for those who dont want melee to go. like muah! i havent played brawl but melee is classic. and legendary. legends never die!

Zoro

Smash Champion
i think that they should release melee and put the online mode on there. that would be good for those who dont want melee to go. like muah! i havent played brawl but melee is classic. and legendary. legends never die!
when you first play brawl
Your either
not gonna like brawl
like it and change
or its gonna take you like a month to realize no one is going to play melee again and be forced to change anyway.

ever

Nobody that has gotten good over the last year or so wants to quit melee
Its effort wasted but i figure go in with a positive mindset about brawl or just quit
Nothing will happen if you hold onto melee.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, I wouldn't call it completely wasted.

Tech skill in Melee doesn't exactly transfer over too well, but mindgames DEFINITELY do. You can still tell when people are going to roll, jump, attack, etc etc etc and punish them for it. So I really don't see much of a problem with all this "wasted time".

Idk...just give it time guys...it'll probably grow on you.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Well, I love Brawl, and I just got decent at melee in the last year.

Also, agreed with Fenrir on mindgames and stuff.

Top Bottom