• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ive been playing brawl for like the last 4 days.

-hiro
brawl really isnt a bad game. its just that melee's better to you guys. and it should be, since you've been playing it for the past 7 years

i hate when other people think its some unholy sin to like brawl over melee. Brawl isnt bad by any means, its just different from melee. I didn't even play melee competitively, but I know that melee is better than brawl at this point, due to the long-developed metagame (i dont think its better because of how technical it is.) But just cause melee is better metagame wise, doesnt mean that brawl just automatically sucks.

But typing this, i realized its just like one-sided fanboy fight. This is like sony fanboys hating on microsoft and saying they suck and their games are bad compared to sony, but microsoft fanboys having nothing bad to say about sony products and actually playing them also, but not as much as their microsoft products. But here its melee people completely hating on brawl, while the brawlers dont have any angst against melee. And if there's one thing the internet has taught me, its that fanboy fights can never be solved with logic, only with time.

hiroshi, i hope you come and play brawl. i hope you continue to play melee also. I hope you realize that just cause brawl isnt as good as melee to you yet, it doesnt mean that brawl just sucks completely, or that it wont get better. I hope you get so good at the game that a random scrub never beats you, and you only lose to named people, so you never have reason to believe brawl sucks. I hope others do these things im telling you about, because theres alot of good competitiion who's stuck in melee-mode, and think its unholy to play both games at the same time, or even touch brawl for a second.

/rant

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Congrats top ten'ers. From now on everyone is going to get way better just by seeing many different players' progression from the last month or so. Keep it up people, and also I'm coming back full force with Captain Falcon.

Not really though because he kinda sucks

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yo

Im starting to play falco in brawl a bit

hes kinda cool
Yea, Falco is SICKKK in brawl.

I was using him a lot yesterday vs xYz. Mad chaingrabs and cool combos. I invented a sick combo, I will post a video soon.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ironically enough, i also tried falco yesterday in training mode/against some comps

...he was ok. i dont think i'd play around with him over sonic, my current play around character. I could never do the actual spike after the chaingrab either. I alwyas whiffed it >.>;;

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Rest assured mooney, despite not knowing you gmoney does in fact hate you. He talks **** about a lot of people (behind their backs) but you and m2k are his favorite subjects. Honestly, some of the things he said about you made me angry.
Lol. I'm so used to this stuff that it doesn't matter. I mean look at PB&J. If you look at the last few pages of his posts, like half of them are mocking me in some stupid way.

In other news, I'm going to actually start playing this game competitivly. zomg!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol. I'm so used to this stuff that it doesn't matter. I mean look at PB&J. If you look at the last few pages of his posts, like half of them are mocking me in some stupid way.In other news, I'm going to actually start playing this game competitivly. zomg!

...lol

i think HRNUT, Rx, and col bol can attest for this when i say that PB&J has to be your biggest fan...

and yes, you should play competitively. your meta knight almost beat my diddy in pools, and i was sandbagging for 0% of that fight

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
...lol

i think HRNUT, Rx, and col bol can attest for this when i say that PB&J has to be your biggest fan...

and yes, you should play competitively. your meta knight almost beat my diddy in pools, and i was sandbagging for 0% of that fight
Yeah, he won't stop talking about me on smashboards and at tourneys. I knew PB&J was gay all along. I'm glad he was finally able to come out of the closet. Good stuff PB&J!

Finch

Smash Lord
You know that the melee vs brawl debate actually is? People who played melee being angry that their community got replaced by a similar but obviously worse game vs people who only play brawl and tell the melee side to give both games a chance.

Those who play and enjoy both don't participate.

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
why is afro no longer #1? and why is dedede spelled differently for colbol and seibrik? and where did this melee vs brawl argubate come from? and who cares about what gmoney or anyone says behind someone else's back?

this thread confuses me.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I want to do more friendlies with xyz lol.
for sure dude anytime... just catch me at the beginning or middle of a tournament... I get brawl'ed out by Semi's.

I predict ColBol, will make it on the rankings and Lambchops to start owning again, he took a lil' break thats all. I'm gonna make a new account name and use it solely for my secondary which will make it on the power rankings!! mUAHHAHAH... yes, I went there. :p

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Hey congrats everyone, good job making the power rankings. I may not have a random button like HRnut or be top tier, but Marth isn't out of the fight yet.

Btw thanks for the Honorable Mention panellists.

I'll show you all what Marth is capable of, and is it just me or are people being given the names of characters.
Like when you say Diddy Kong you think GDX
Game & Watch XYZ
Falco Tommy G
Lucas Galleon
Equi Wolf
Pit Danny
Metaknight Rx- and Gmoney tornadoing each other.
Dedede Seibrik, and Col Bol chaingrabbing each other, while being eaten by a huge Hungry Box.
The random button HRnut.
...and the list goes on.

Good job Florida, we're not all Snakes or Metaknight!

Top Bottom