• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, but I didn't know anyone. It would have been nice if you (or a certain Diddy Kong player who lied about there being a converter and not showing up) introduced me to everyone. ._.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, but I didn't know anyone. It would have been nice if you (or a certain Diddy Kong player who lied about there being a converter and not showing up) introduced me to everyone. ._.

My bad man I was pretty tired. I actually only played one set that whole day the rest of the day hung out with tim since it was his last day at zp.

Master Raven

Smash Master
****ing 98% of post-rock ****ing uses the same ****ing song structure OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER roen;foiwjf;owj

post-punk > post-rock

also **** wifi, I am done with it. I will give it credit for helping me out but now I feel I'm at the point where it no longer does any benefit for helping me and all it does is piss me and other people off, not to mention my whole family is using their laptops a lot more often these days so it randomly lags like **** half the time. I'm more determined than ever to practice with other people offline so if anyone's up for practicing with me or if David wants to set up something at his house or whatever, I'm there.

Master Raven

Smash Master
wtf mink

also it's true that a lot of grindcore is repetitive, but at least it kinda makes sense considering how the genre is generally played and its roots. Over half the "post-rock" bands I've listened to might as well label themselves as ambient rock, because that's what a lot of it sounds like to me.

I mean don't get me wrong I like SOME post-rock but the stuff I like generally doesn't follow any specific formula, WHICH I'M SURE IS THE WHOLE ****ING POINT OF "POST-"ANYTHING

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah.
I get whatcha mean. Lol.

If you listen to:

Green Day
H.I.M.
MCR
Linkin' Park
Three days grace.

you will see:

Intro / Intro Riff
Verse 1.
Chorus
Verse 2.
Chorus
Breakdown/bridge/solo
Chorus
chorusx2.

edit: (old) MCR and Park are in my top 5 bands. So, no hate.

OverLade

Smash Hero
The Breakdown/bridge/solo is always the best part.

Don't you worry pleaseeeee. Don't you leave me because IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-i-i-iiiiii'll surely slip away... through love hate, sex and painnnnnnn i-i-iiiii'llllll falllll awayyyyy, into love hate sex and painnnn.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who's excited for paramore's new single?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never even been to a concert, so I wasn't really excited for that.
Plus, nothing ever comes to colorado anyways.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yup. :p

I went to a dane cook show a couple years ago, but that doesn't count.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
polt the guys who had the converters went to zp, dc and luis were there. the kids name was brandon for future reference he plays blazblue.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I support what Slush says.

Slush. Come down with Leaf. I hear he wants to come sometime post Genesis.
He's gonna drive/Fly to Cali for a tournament that he'll either not get out of pools, or most likely only two people beaten? (not saying he isn't good, just he'll get bracket ***** possibly)

One of my main rules of Smash, No spending over 250+ in one go for a single tournament. Whether it's gas/Plane tickets hotels etc. I will not spend so much money in one sitting for a single tournament I know I wouldn't succeed in.

Hell for MLG Dallas I spent possibly around $110 bucks, maybe less.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well, idk what he has planned. But you should see if it wouldn't be too much. It's only a 16 hour drive, and i could house you for free more than likely.

And i don't think they're coming to any FL shows. Thats why i didn't buy tickets.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If Leaf is willing to drive into SA (around 4 hour drive from Houston) and then to your place. I'd be glad to come along.
Of course lots of planning would need to be done (And since my skype won't load for some odd reason). Our only way of communication is AIM or the Xat chat.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hm. Well, it'll work out :D
If i didn't have work/school during the period Polt was goin' back, and i could find cheap airfare... i'd be down to go to Austin :p

But realistically...
Eh. Maybe. 2/10 chance.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
polt the guys who had the converters went to zp, dc and luis were there. the kids name was brandon for future reference he plays blazblue.
I saw neither DC nor Luis there. The only other (former) Smasher I saw there was GreenAce, and he didn't even recognize me at first (which is understandable considering he hasn't seen me in over a year).

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Well, idk what he has planned. But you should see if it wouldn't be too much. It's only a 16 hour drive, and i could house you for free more than likely.

And i don't think they're coming to any FL shows. Thats why i didn't buy tickets.
Ugh, that just ruined like half the reason I wanted to go. Do you know why, by chance?

Top Bottom