• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida T.O. MK Ban/nerfing Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Snake and Wario are why MK shouldn't be banned in FL concerning results.

But I think occasionally having MK banned tournaments is healthy as it'll keep the community interested and results interesting.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
The words of the almighty Hozart

"Ya know they wanted to ban Sheik when melee first came out"
Melee has tech skill, Brawl has button mashing skill. Huge difference.

Lol jk, brawl has a little skill i guess, but anyway.

Im with Red on this one.

Though im concerned if we ban MK, HRNUT will lose to all the new bowsers that will pop up in the wake!:laugh:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Snake and Wario are why MK shouldn't be banned in FL concerning results.

But I think occasionally having MK banned tournaments is healthy as it'll keep the community interested and results interesting.
its almost as if u are ur own enemy. u really dont wanna beat people with mk? just main someone else

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
its like the same with me, i main mk but hate him, i wanna main fox or falco, but i never get the practice with them

Sandtru

Smash Rookie
If you want to switch characters than you're gonna want to use those characters in tournaments to get that character knowledge and (more importantly) experience...

Everyone who's good who's switched mains has taken at least a slight hit in overall placement and ability while transitioning from one character to another...:027:

Coffee™

I need it....
I'll probably ban him at my next tournament just to see how the results are. Last tourney the majority of the people at least played MK in one match so it would be a nice indicator to what the game would look like without him.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I think i may too, just to test the waters, im not sure just yet, i need to see how the tally players take it first.

Masky

Smash Master
Ike should be banned in tournaments too... his forward smash is too cheap! :mad:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
its like the same with me, i main mk but hate him, i wanna main fox or falco, but i never get the practice with them
You should play as them, then. Why play a game that you don't enjoy? If that was the case, I'd just move on to something else. =/

*is neutral on the whole Meta Knight being banned thing*

-!-

Smash Lord
I personally think MK shouldn't be ban (I rather have DDD but ohh well lol) but many people do complain about it...

just like Master Raven said we should wait til Genesis is over and go from there... but I don't mind him being ban or not :)

Snake and Wario do good against the beast though

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
However, banning him for only tournaments here and there does not allow a metagame to evolve without metaknight.
We would need a longer break to see how things would develop without him.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
However, banning him for only tournaments here and there does not allow a metagame to evolve without metaknight.
We would need a longer break to see how things would develop without him.
I agree, the issue of the matter is that, what are we going to do about it. Everybody seems to have a conflicting idea about it. i feel that if one decision is going to be made it should be for most, if not all Tournaments in FL, at least the major ones. My main point is that i've seen alot of talk about this going on the boards, but I really just want to see if anybody really has the gall to do anything about it. Because if PHB bans MK, and no one else does, well that means we're not going to go anywhere. Thats why it has to be a unanimous descion of FL T.Os not just a tourney here and there sporadically.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
What if we decide to Ban MK throughout June?

Jus to see how every1'z tourneys end up.

This way we can see how Gigs, PHS, Naples and all other FL tourney results are.

MrFTW says that we should have 2 or 3 months w/ out MK so we can se how players develop

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I personally am for MK staying unbanned. Of course they will be ridiculous to fight, but there are a few characters that can run close to MK. Sheik can fight with MK and so can many other characters like Wario, Falco, and Snake.

It's not impossible, but at the same time it would also be pretty neat to see MK banned in a few tourneys because like everyone has said, the results would be very varied. I'm up for it but I personally don't mind MK.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its not the fighting of Metaknight I'm worried about, but more the entire scene taking the route of Texas. Seir voted to ban Metaknight as did Red, and when I saw that, I shifted from on the fence to proban. I then did reasearch on the Metaknight less CP system, and found there to be a huge number of viable characters, and an all of a sudden complex CP system, now that Marth, Rob, GDub, and Olimar (just to name a few) are vaible again. Dededee has the tools to deal with Metaknight, but dealing with those three is going to be a major hassle for me now that more will plow onto the screen, on top of the already troubling Kirby, Pickachu and Falco.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
unless m2k comes down to florids to compete, i wouldn't ban mk. personally i rather have game and watch banned and fight mk instead.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Im pro ban, however we should do a temp ban first to see how it goes. If we do anything at all.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
SO then the general consensu seems to be pro ban, so here's the question, how do you get the entire state of FL to ban MK for the next 3 months?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
well do players actually run gigs. or is Mwarhead one of the gigs employees?

Frames

DI
simple answer, just do it.... but convincing gigs is gonna be a tough one unless they're willing to submit to it
not really just tell them nobody will go if they dont ban mk they dont care either way as long as they get attendance they've always been open with rule changes if u guys reallly want it banned then say something to them

Masky

Smash Master
SO then the general consensu seems to be pro ban, so here's the question, how do you get the entire state of FL to ban MK for the next 3 months?
no smart TO in FL will ban MK at a serious tournament, at least not until after Genesis

AfroQT

Smash Master
I agree with Col Bol but remember that Akuma in SF2 was banned.
And you really could not beat that character.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
There is a lot of reason to ban him in other states, but none of those are applicable in Florida.

It's not MK players' fault that most of Florida sucks too much to do anything about him.

People who think they'd do well if MK was banned are ******** too.

The only thing that's going to happen to Florida if you ban MK is that we are going to advance slower than other states, and suck for it.

You guys need to just suck it up and learn to beat MK.

Yes MK is good. Yes you will be better for learning to deal with him.

AND NOW IS THE TIME TO PICK UP A SECONDARY OR CHANGE MAINS IF YOU ARE TERRIBLE VS MK.

Masky did it. So can you. Vote Masky '09.

nevershootme

Smash Master
look, just accept the fact there's always gotta be change in life. like i will not stress it, just run tourneys with and without MK in the picture and have a ****ing good time and win cash. at the same time you can develop multiple characters while going against mk, or be mk himself.

AfroQT

Smash Master
There is a lot of reason to ban him in other states, but none of those are applicable in Florida.

It's not MK players' fault that most of Florida sucks too much to do anything about him.

People who think they'd do well if MK was banned are ******** too.

The only thing that's going to happen to Florida if you ban MK is that we are going to advance slower than other states, and suck for it.

You guys need to just suck it up and learn to beat MK.

Yes MK is good. Yes you will be better for learning to deal with him.

AND NOW IS THE TIME TO PICK UP A SECONDARY OR CHANGE MAINS IF YOU ARE TERRIBLE VS MK.

Masky did it. So can you. Vote Masky '09.
If MK being banned becomes the standard theres no reason not to ban him in FL

Life After Death

Smash Champion
the thing that people hate mk that most is his camping. if only we can ban the peole who use mk to win and not have fun at all lol. even though rx is nado spam artist he aproaches u. he's one of the mk players that plays like a man. the mk people wanna ban is the I got the lead let me time u out mk. THATS THE ****** *** MK

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
An MK ban should go for a period of time, not just here and there.
We won't see pure results.

I'm pro ban at the moment, just to see how things would go.
But I'm very aware that with a ban, there won't be much advancement towards the MK matchup.
simply because he's banned.

MK isn't unbeatable, it may be really hard for certain players.
Remember, it's not the character, it's the player and how they use that character.
Every action has a reaction. Take note of your characters weakness and turn it into something else.
You get gimped easily by MK? Don't go near the edge. MK outranges you? Find a way around it.

There's a whole lot any character can do.

I just don't see why he has any legit reasons to be banned.
I'm just for it, as a whole, to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom