• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida T.O. MK Ban/nerfing Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
unless m2k comes down to florids to compete, i wouldn't ban mk. personally i rather have game and watch banned and fight mk instead.
lol, just because I keep pushing your **** in... doesn't mean gw needs to be banned.... just play smarter.

anyway

mk... is actually fun to play against... just pick up a character that does well against him...

chances are if you main shiek/zelda... zomacruz... you have a 10% chance your going to win...even agaisnt the MK scrubs, i think i played you at last gigs and ***** you when i went MK... I don't even play mk... have you thought of picking up another character??

See..i'm a gw main... i get ***** by the scrubbiest snakes..and thats because snake has the advantage.... so i picked up falco/ddd for that matchup... and i've been holding my own..i suggest you do the same.

this is brawl... brawl is gay.

i'm against the ban... alot of snake mains will emerge, and thats just gonna be gayness written all over.

I don't care about DDD, i like that matchup....
CO18 lets get some friendlies in.

OverLade

Smash Hero
There is a lot of reason to ban him in other states, but none of those are applicable in Florida.

It's not MK players' fault that most of Florida sucks too much to do anything about him.

People who think they'd do well if MK was banned are ******** too.

The only thing that's going to happen to Florida if you ban MK is that we are going to advance slower than other states, and suck for it.

You guys need to just suck it up and learn to beat MK.

Yes MK is good. Yes you will be better for learning to deal with him.

AND NOW IS THE TIME TO PICK UP A SECONDARY OR CHANGE MAINS IF YOU ARE TERRIBLE VS MK.

Masky did it. So can you. Vote Masky '09.
In FL for the most part people wont do better with MK banned. In many other regions possibly, but I doubt results would change much.

But I agree completely. In melee, you have to main one of 6 characters. Brawl is really no different if you actually want money. Just man up and pick up a top/high tier character.....

Some low tiers can be repped to a degree....but you're not going to be getting top 10 without some luck.

the thing that people hate mk that most is his camping. if only we can ban the peole who use mk to win and not have fun at all lol. even though rx is nado spam artist he aproaches u. he's one of the mk players that plays like a man. the mk people wanna ban is the I got the lead let me time u out mk. THATS THE ****** *** MK
I really wasn't trying to time you out. :(

I was playing campy because I needed you to make a mistake in order for me to approach. I didn't want to take any unecessary risks.

Once I get more comfortable in tournament matches I wont play like that because I won't overcalculate things and lose confidence.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
wasnt talking bout u. just in general. but in melee bout half of the characters can win tourneys. but theres 7 top tiers in melee. 3 of them being better than the other 4 top tiers

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Let's wait until we see what happens at Genesis. . . other states are probably doing the same thing.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm doing well with Yoshi... ._.
A. Yoshi isn't a crappy character.
B. You haven't been to a tournament with considerable competition.

Both of the tournaments I've been to have had all of FLs best players + OOS. I've placed 7th, but at any normal regional tournament I'd get top 3 easily consistently.

Lots of players who do well at normal WHOBOs for example didn't do ANYWHERE near as hot at WHOBO. When the competition is stepped up you realize how good you really are.....

CO18

Smash Hero
A. Yoshi isn't a crappy character.
B. You haven't been to a tournament with considerable competition.

Both of the tournaments I've been to have had all of FLs best players + OOS. I've placed 7th, but at any normal regional tournament I'd get top 3 easily consistently.

Lots of players who do well at normal WHOBOs for example didn't do ANYWHERE near as hot at WHOBO. When the competition is stepped up you realize how good you really are.....
What, polterugst has gottten top 10 with good competition. Im pretty sure last tourney he got like 7th with alot of good players and an attendance of like 60, beating GDX and Nick Riddle along the way.
His Yoshi is mad legit.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm getting there. Chu Dat did appear at December's Gigabits, though (I did OK then, I suppose... =/).

I'll be attending a lot of tournaments this in May. Expect to see more of me. :laugh:

EDIT: CO18, M!x's tournament had 40 people. And I got 5th. I won against GDX there, but I didn't play against Nick Riddle (I won against him at one of R@vyn's tournaments, but he beat me in a MM afterwards).

OverLade

Smash Hero
Im not referring to the number of people at the tourney, nor am I saying anything about your skill. I have nothing but respect for Yoshi players.

I'm just saying so far how well you've been doing is relative.

There's doing well in a citywide tourney vs. doing well at a statewide vs. doing well at region etc...

-!-

Smash Lord
again personally I think MK shouldn't be ban but people want that... from what I read from before, why not have a simple Month of no MKs then??? have the tournaments organized and set for whole month... after that we can have a better idea of this whole deal... it will only be for a month and it's just an experiment...

is it not appealing???

nevershootme

Smash Master
again personally I think MK shouldn't be ban but people want that... from what I read from before, why not have a simple Month of no MKs then??? have the tournaments organized and set for whole month... after that we can have a better idea of this whole deal... it will only be for a month and it's just an experiment...

is it not appealing???
case in point, no one seems to be listening to each other and just drive the topic another way. even then with mk banned i'll miss him tons that i'll have to deal with falco's and wolfs with new characters

-!-

Smash Lord
case in point, no one seems to be listening to each other and just drive the topic another way. even then with mk banned i'll miss him tons that i'll have to deal with falco's and wolfs with new characters
yea it seems that way.. this was made to not just "talk" about it and do something, let's just hope something is done... most likely it will stay as it should and that would bee doing something about it I guess... even though it was just doing nothing at all...

to deal with Falcos and wolfs... just go Snake??? that's what I do... that or Kirby does well :)

nevershootme

Smash Master
yea it seems that way.. this was made to not just "talk" about it and do something, let's just hope something is done... most likely it will stay as it should and that would bee doing something about it I guess... even though it was just doing nothing at all...

to deal with Falcos and wolfs... just go Snake??? that's what I do... that or Kirby does well :)
snake isn't cutting it for me. since i need speed to take them on, on fox i can use snake for all i care. but for falco and wolf, they're a special case that i have to figure out a different character. kirby is ok... but he's a bit slow for my taste (although b-air is sexy enough)

Ruse

Fox
Banning MK makes the tournament viable cast more diverse.

Snake will start to get prominent, but then people will pick up Falco, D3, Olimar, etc., and then people will pick up counters for those characters.

Unlike MK, the other top characters have hard counters and stages where they're at a disadvantage.

But Florida doesn't have an MK problem, so maybe we should hold off until it becomes more of a national thing (which, at this rate, looks pretty likely). It won't really effect anyone here whether he stays legal or gets banned.

-!-

Smash Lord
snake isn't cutting it for me. since i need speed to take them on, on fox i can use snake for all i care. but for falco and wolf, they're a special case that i have to figure out a different character. kirby is ok... but he's a bit slow for my taste (although b-air is sexy enough)
:laugh: I do love those damm Bair and tilts.... have u been practicing your G&W??? that may be useful... maybe

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Okay this is the easiest way to solve this we need to make a poll of some sort that i'll try to keep up with starting now and if you post in here PLEASE SAY BAN OR NO BAN if we get 30 that say ban before we get 30 that don't then we'll ban him after this weekends tourney

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Okay this is the easiest way to solve this we need to make a poll of some sort that i'll try to keep up with starting now and if you post in here PLEASE SAY BAN OR NO BAN if we get 30 that say ban before we get 30 that don't then we'll ban him after this weekends tourney
DO IT LIKE THIS I HRNUT VOTE NO BAN

so the total for no ban is now 1

total for ban: 0

because i'm not backtracking in the thread for votes cuz opinions may have changed

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
having a tournament with MK banned is fine, and perfectly acceptable.

but anyone who votes to ban MK in florida is a scrub, and they wont realize that they are a scrub for another year or two.

-!-

Smash Lord
<content redacted>

well people want the thing ban so why not just give them what they want... i don't get it... people cry and cry and yet still just talk??? in the end he will stay as is I'm sure of it so this is pointless T_T just watch the not ban will reach 30 before the ban, so like I said this is pointless... if banning him will slow us down then why are we considering banning him??? it should stay as it is...

Fl. doesn't have a major problem, you don't see the top ten places in tourneys being mostly MK do you??? as I said before if you guys are willing to actually do something just wait till GENESIS and see what's what...

btw I vote for him to NOT TO BE BAN

Last edited by a moderator:

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I vote for everyone BUT metaknight to be banned!!!

This would be the true test of skill, since everyone would be using the same character, there would be no character johns!!!

It would be an even playing field for everyone!!!

Then it would be much easier to say who is truly better than who!!!

:colorful:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Soooo essentially I'm for the ban

BUT

I don't feel we should do it before genesis. And it's not for the reasons u prolly think.

I dont care about waiting to see their results

OR weather or not mk is really truely banable.

I just know alot of players are planing to go to genesis, a mk allowed tourny.
We ban mk anytime before genesis, theplayers going to genesis are gona be at a disadvantage.

The other REALLY shelfish reason i dont want mk banned YET is if he is banned before genesis, im gona be out of practice with my main, and be rusty at genesis itself.

Sure my rob is gona be beast or w.e. but that wont mean much in a tourny swiming with mks.

Since we dont wana fall behind to the norm (the norm beingoutside, outside being genesis) i dont think we should play around with banning him just yet, just to make sure fl's mk meta game doesnt fall behind, either on the mk's side, or one the side of the one figthing mk....

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol, I can't beat this character q_q
plz ban
I agree w/ Col Bol

Thu the thing is this

We want people 2 use more characters so we are going to do a trial run for a month(JUNE) without MK. N see how it goes. Of course this is just to promote more fun and the usage of more characters in tourneys.

Although, if I went to a tourney the only MK's I kno I'd lose 2 are good one's that kno how to Use the character frame for frame.

We are not gonna BAN MK but we are just going to put him on suspension for a month. I'll beat 100 dollars that in the end people will have said that they had more fun w/out MK unless they don't like D3.

But

I have a feeling that

Snake, Lucario, Wario, DDD, Luigi, Olimar and Falco will start ****** :-)

Which is alot better than just MK all over top 10 w/ 1 Lucario and DDD

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Masky, we will most likely wait till after Genesis to see what happens. After the results, it'll be decided on a national level. If other states decide to keep him legit, we won't ban him. If they decide to ban him we would ban him being that there wouldn't be any point in practicing with him if we can't use him in OOS tourneys. You're right though, Florida doesn't have a MK problem (even though at a tourney it's usually a MK fest). And you're right, the top placings don't consist of many MKs. All we can do is wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom