• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

GandalfsPipe

Smash Rookie
Mankosuki: I use C. Falcon and Link. Thanks for the help, I pmd those two. This is cool man Im glad yall have a scene around here. Im very new at SSBM, (Ive had the game like 2 weeks heh) but played competitive SF for about 6-7 years, so it wasnt TOO hard to jump in. Still, SHHFL and some other techniques are still difficult to pull off with 100% accuracy. Does anyone else use C. Falcon? Thanks for your help Mankosuki.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Boomstick of the Panhandle Manhandlers uses C. Falcon as well. You could probably learn alot from him. He'll be at [thread=97521]RAM's Birthday Smash Bash[/thread] tomorrow. It's in Navarre which is about 45 minutes from you, but I know Dugasaurus plans on going so you could prbably ride with him.

(I realize now that I forgot to link Dugasaurus's name to the correct page last post, sorry about that)

GandalfsPipe

Smash Rookie
Mankosuki: Man I wish I could, Im getting to visit with my son this weekend, so I cant do anything untill sunday afternoon. Thanks for fixing the link on Dugasaurus.

gophar

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow floridian smash brotherses. Names Steven been playin for a while around Orlando going to gigabits tourneys but recently Ive been looking to smash on a more regular basis so I just figured I put my name out here on the boards.

I play Marth. My AIM sn is furiousgeorge754 if anyone wants to contact me. You can PM me on the boards Im here lurking quite often. Anyway EeeE

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
yo... I know there is a gigabits tournament on the 17th but I am however having a little smash "Shin-dig" the same day if anyone is interested i'll post the address and whatever else is needed so yeah...later

Edit: I should probably post that I have a tiny house 2 tvs 1 cube and thats basically all we can fit...lol

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hmm... I think I might go to this so called "shin-dig." Wait,.. are you that guy that I know from that place I've been to? But seriously, if anyone in the Dunedin or Cearwater area would like to go let either myself or M/H/B know. Also, if transportation is a propblem I may be able to provide said transportation. Thank you.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
sorry for the double post but you guys missed the insane crazy 3v1 challenge (I won once by myself lol lol rofl) and the crazy bo-bomb dodgeball it was full of fun but yeah I bet you were all busy with all your stuff and what not so yeah...later

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sorry Monk, I ended up going to gigabits (as did Rohins and Noucles) so none of us could have made it to your smashfest.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone at UCF smash with me and help me with advanced tactics? Not WD, Lcancelling or techs, but things like how to approach and etc, basically the mental side of the game.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You can't really teach mindgames man, they come from experience. But pritty much all of Noob Testament goes to UCF and I'm sure we'd be down to play. You're the kid with the ponytail right? If so yah you got all the tech stuff down you just need experience.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
yea I am. That's what I figured that just needed experience, but it be nice if I could get guidance while I play. Got utterly owned last giga.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
I need an update.. This is what it said

South West (W) - Plant City; ZorakBane; Falco, CF, Ganon, Jiggly, Ness, Fox

South West (W) - Plant City; ZorakBane; Captain Falcon, Falco, Game and Watch, Jiggly, Ness

also my wii number is 4913304221699587

maybe you should also have a section for AIM: zorakbane Yahoo: zorakbane etc
just a suggestion to keep smashers closer

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
those of you in tally ho, i go to bainbridge Ga bout every 2 months and thats 30 min from tally so we gotta play. holla at me wit ya'lls number so i can hit ya'll up next time i'm down.

vericz

Smash Champion
Got a minor update for 2 sections-

Tournament march 24 at Inet gamerz, Kissimmee, FL. Tournament isnt going to be that big and the prize is junk but WATO is going.

New member in WATO, his name is Ray, he plays jigglypuff, luigi, doc,

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
lawl nubs... I`m posting this from my wii... you wish you were posting from a wii :p
anyways, send me a message
# is:
6786-1107-5248-0986
peace

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
You do know that in order to send Wii messages that you need to register eachother's Wiis?
Anyways, look for my Wii # under my join date, if you decide to register me, give me some sort of notification. Thanks.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, I registered everybody that had their numbers in this thread...you included.

so I figured those would be the only ones to check it anyways.

And yes, typing on wii does suck, but it feels cool anyways. : p

and no, I'm not still on my wii. lol

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I need some insight of you, my fellow Florida smashers. Should I go to Gigabits for the April 21 tourney, or go to Twilightg Showdown 3 on the 28? I would like to know the many oppinions of which one to attend and why. I need to know soon, or I will not be able to take off those days. Thanks.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Gigabits by far. It's the hottest tourney series in Florida right now with alot of people showing up. They will also be holding Round Robins Pools since so many people show up. The pools will most likely not be elimination at all and simply used for seedings in brackets. Therefore no matter how you place, you get to play more people than ussual before the brackets even begin.

Although Twilight Showdown is closer to you, it's not nearly as popular. The first one had a decent turn out, but the second one was fairly small (though still bigger than cutting edge) and the 3rd one doesn't even have the venue officially declared. It might be at a Circuit City, it might be at Area 51 again, or worse case it might not even happen.

So yeah, I'd definately recommend Gigabits.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
IS there anybody that goes to Gainesville High School (GHS), because I need somebody to play since their hasn't been any tourney in a long while.

PM me or something if you want a match. I havn't played any outstanding pros since the last tourney I was in.

vericz

Smash Champion
manko/exarch- did you add the new tournament spot?? iNet Gamerz is a new gaming center in Kissimmee. Their 1st tourney was on march 24th and the next one (IGT1) is on May 19th.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I had added the May 19th one into the upcomming tourneys list, but didn't put March 24th into the past tourneys list. Even though they had already held one before, I figured this next one would be the first official one since it'll have more people show then just your crew. The previous tourney was more of a test one.

RyuDeathstrike

Smash Cadet
Some practice

I am looking for some people to play smash with so I can get better. I live in the Orlando area so just pm me or reply here if you want to play.

Top Bottom