• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Benaji you have to hit up smashers like Mankosuki. You're not really going to find many people on the boards that live that far Northwest aside from Pensacola players(like Manko).

North FL is not the most lively part of the state for smash unfortunately.

:rosalina:
Yeah I've hung out with Manko, Ruse, Holychef, Skater, etc. They're doing their own thing and a lot of them dropped brawl.

Benaji, try to look up Drumma boi or rice. Boomstick might still be out there too. I know there's a couple smashers in Fort Walton Beach. I'm trying to get them to name-search into this thread, or you can check out the thread below which is one about Pensacola, and has most of the NW FL smashers.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288914
Both Drumma Boi and Rice do melee, which I'm not consistent or good at. I'd work on it, but I don't see me getting enough practice like I do with brawl, since brawl has online play. Idk Boomstick, and I'm not sure if he plays brawl or not. Seems like everyone near me is going melee.

Boomstick moved back to Texas about a year or two ago. Rice & Drumma should still be available though. RAM is currently living in Pensacola like me, but he'll move to Orlando next year. About a month ago, Zone moved from Panama City to Pensacola.

@Benaji, as far as Brawl players in p-cola you used to smash with: Holy Chef moved to NJ, Ruse moved to Tally, and I've dropped Brawl for Melee/PM and Mortal Kombat. SkaterBaj still plays brawl though, along with that group of 5 or so (KOOMAN, TheSaintKai, DOODE, ect.) that sometimes came over.
What's up man! It's hard to keep up with Skater since he's busy doing a lot of things while I'm free and such. I went to a tournament with him and Saint not too long ago. I haven't met with the other people they hang with yet. You still live at UWF on campus?

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me, but I have a question regarding smash in Florida. As of next august, there is a likely chance I'll be visiting Florida for a week or 2 and my question is, any smashfests going on in there?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wish i lived in FL

i wanna go to that ft lauderdale tourney its not far from AL lmaao

edit: nevermind looked that ish up its 11 hours

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm going to be in Jacksonville for about two weeks. October 22nd to November 5th. Is the smash scene still non-existent there?

Also looking for Mortal Kombat players.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yay Tyger! Why didn't you go to Metrocon? The guy who ran it was a complete ***, with no offense to homosexual people.

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Sorry man. I was going through a lot at the time and was pretty burnt out. Had to cancel my attendance. I promise I will be there next year assuming the same staff is there.

But I definitely will be there this weekend at EXP for those who can make it. Being setups, we definitely need them.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Coming soon...

Tally-Free Tournies!!!

Want free money??? Come 2 Tally tournies!!!

Ur only gonna hafta get past :sonic: & Me

OverLade

Smash Hero
LMAO I just saw this. I don't mean that the guy was gay, I meant the word f@g but without the homosexual context because I have nothing against people with sexual preferences different from mine. I'm just saying he ****ed up the tourney.

AND LOL RANDOM TEXAS IN THIS.

razer gnes dphat infinity

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
I'll do that. :)

We are having a Smash Bros Melee & Brawl tournament in Jacksonville, FL on Saturday, December 3rd. Here is the info:

Facebook Event Link - http://www.facebook.com/events/277553815612590/

Singles Tournament for both games starts at 1:00pm! Doubles will follow!

Venue Fee: $5 (one-time fee)

Tournament Fee:
Melee/Brawl Singles - $10 (per entry)
Melee/Brawl Doubles - $10 (per team)

***Up to 10 players can have their venue fee waived by providing a tube TV and either a Gamecube or Wii console with a copy of Smash Bros Melee or Brawl! Please post a comment or message me if you plan on bringing it along!***

The Unity Ruleset will be used and MK is BANNED!

Please bring your own controller!

Prizes:
1st Place - 60% of Entry Pot
2nd Place - 30% of Entry Pot
3rd Place - 10% of Entry Pot

In case of tournaments with lower than 8 players, pot will be 80/20.

See you there!

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, is Southwest Florida dead for Smash? Been out of the loop for a long *** time. Would like to try out both Brawl and Melee again.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
You mean southeast?

Pembrook pines is SEFL.

SWFL is doing really well, FGCU VIPER has a scene over there and you could get in touch with him if you'd like.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
A user by the name Dewdadash also lives in Naples. You should catch the tourney he's hosting over there this month. He does Melee as well if you happen to play that.

:rosalina:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
We still play from time to time. :)

However, I live in gainesville now and will be back home in Naples during xmas break.

I'll have a tourney next week for melee and the week after that for brawl at my place.

Im not really sure who you are tbh though. Im guessing your beta as in the yoshi player?

We're all still active in brawl for the most part although we do play it less than we did a year ago or so. We haven't really played melee tho competively since like 07 so playing at melee again will be fun.

Oh and chudat will be there.

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm the Yoshi player. Played a bit with you guys a LONG time ago. I haven't even played Brawl since about 2007.

Wanting to learn a higher tier character for Brawl. Although I consider myself pretty decent with Yoshi in Melee, I never got anywhere in tournaments.

Thanks, Two-Ell :p

Top Bottom