• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Brawl/Melee is fine with me! I haven't played with friends for a while either. : <

Bo0m

Smash Rookie
If North florida was going to make a trip for melee, which tourney is going to have the most turnout?

Shaky

Smash Ace
I would like to be added to the Brawl Smash Locator List.

Name: Shaky

Region: South East Florida

City: West Palm Beach

Friend Code: 0989-1506-0452

Main: Ness

Acid Burn

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone was going to Impact Clash 3, if so do you have any room in your car. I live in Palm Coast and could give some money for gas. About $50 for gas. Let me know if anyone has room for me thanks.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Dude, Florida ppl. I'm going on a family vacation to Disney World on the 27th for a week. Anything going on in Orlando in that week?

I'm preferably a Melee player but seeing as how I don't get much experience playing other people, Brawl is good too.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
hmm, I doubt I'll be in FL b the time it starts. Doesn't QDVS live in Orlando? He's like the only FL person I know. >_>

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
who wants to play Melee today or sometime this week? I'm leaving to visit my brother in Texas on Saturday and want to get some practice in so that I beast up Texas while I'm there. (I'd practice brawl too, but I think that's unnecessary)

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Dude, Florida ppl. I'm going on a family vacation to Disney World on the 27th for a week. Anything going on in Orlando in that week?

I'm preferably a Melee player but seeing as how I don't get much experience playing other people, Brawl is good too.
we could probably play at sheermadness's place, ill talk to him and we can tell colbol, skrach, xyz, dop, qdvs, rx, finch, garbanzo and frames to come thru

btw your sig is mad sick, def the best ive seen i was looking at all the combos for a good while haha

Loto

Smash Ace
who wants to play Melee today or sometime this week? I'm leaving to visit my brother in Texas on Saturday and want to get some practice in so that I beast up Texas while I'm there. (I'd practice brawl too, but I think that's unnecessary)
Yooo Ted, I wanna play some melee with you. lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
How are you gentlemen?

daisey said:
Thank you, there is going to be four of us, including myself. If it we're just me i wouldnt mind flying alone, but the guys that want to come wont be able to afford their ticket.
This is Daisey. She's a Smasher from the Bahamas who attended TGMTSBCO months ago. She's a really cool chick and is not half-bad at Melee. She's flying in to Ft. Lauderdale at some point and she's going to need a ride up to GA along with four other people.

Can Florida help?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
from Ft. lauderdale to GA?! that's insane. no way she can fly directly there?
I haven't got a PM back, so I'd have to say that the answer to that question is "no" for the time being. I'm gonna see if she can't get plane tickets into Clearwater so I can drive her up there. As far as getting back to a Florida airport for an exiting flight, I told her that she was on her own for that one. One of the big reasons why I'm heading up to GA in January is to get my stuff back and I'm not sure if I can fit her and the four other people she's bringing in my car alongside my crap.

I'll keep you guys posted. If there's any way you can help, drop me a PM or something.

Smooth Criminal

MattNF

Smash Lord
64 online?

Whaaa? Where have I been D: ?
Yeah, just google project64k and get the ssb rom from coolrom.com or someplace. And you can order a controller adapter from ebay.

Didn't you live in Orlando and not seek out any tourneys/smashers? I'd say you missed your opportunity.
I lived in Orlando for like 3-4 months, then I moved. But yeah, it's my fault I didn't go to any tournaments or smashfests. I was too shy to ask people for a ride since I didn't have a car at the time. >_>

PhragX

Smash Rookie
Sorry to sound so new here, but in fact I am. I live in Tallahassee and had no idea about this thread until tonight. I'm not much of a melee player but I do alright with Brawl. Y'all seem like a good group so I thought I'd introduce myself and try to get in on some of these games/tournaments...

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Ok, I added you, and welcome to the community

In the first few posts you can find upcoming/major tourneys and players near your area
for example, there is a tournament on the 9th/10th for both brawl and melee in tallahassee

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211957

if you wanna play with other people casually, you can also hit any of the other players that are sorted under "Tallahassee" up on AIM, as most people have their AIM screenname in their profile

PhragX

Smash Rookie
That's great! Now I have to figure out why I didn't join you all earlier in the year, when I first picked up Brawl. And that reminds me to add my AIM, too. Thanks, Col.

PhragX

Smash Rookie
Do these tournaments you mentioned usually have a large turnout? I've been brawling for ages, but never took the time to even see a live a tourney. I'm not so sure I play at that level yet.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Do these tournaments you mentioned usually have a large turnout? I've been brawling for ages, but never took the time to even see a live a tourney. I'm not so sure I play at that level yet.
the Panhandle 1 usually has between 28 - 40 people in Brawl Singles, U should come out! We've had great players like Reflex(1 in AL and GA) Kismet(2 in GA) HRNUT(3 in FL) GDX(10 in FL) and Gmoney(7 in FL) come trough. Next tourney is on the 10th, considering ur here in Tally, U should come out! Although, I WILL prove that I'm the best Sonic :psycho: lol

But Col Bol is right, the BIGGEST tourney is in Orlando, named GIGABITS. Right now Panhandle is the biggest in NFL I believe.

Top Bottom