• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Food for thought.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
This thread was amazing until like page 5. Melee is the better game competitively and there is nothing you can do about it. However Melee being better competitively doesn't mean Brawl is uncompetitive, just less competitive. I can understand the hate though, if I had started from Melee, I would never ever touch Brawl, ever.

Oh and just to point out that in Melee powershield is actually easier(4 frames compared to 3) than in Brawl and the hitstun is the same, you can just cancel it in Brawl with certain actions(that are predictable because the actions are rather limited). I am totally fine with you hating on Brawl and I no longer take it personally, I play both and I think I know very well about both games and their pros and cons. But please stop using such arguments that are not true, like the powershield thing.

There is no need to objectively explain why you dislike something. We dislike things because we don't like them, not because one is competitively better or worse.
I would really like to see the Brawl and Melee community accept their differences and start acting together. It would make the community much bigger, the tourneys much bigger and everything would be better, if only you could accept it.

Wow I wrote a bunch of nonsense again

Bing

Smash Master
I dont really agree that Melee should be called more competitive. As you even said, each game has its pros and cons, and as its already been stated, Melee just seems to be a spectator sport that more people generally enjoy viewing. The communities really do need to bond together though, even if you dislike one game, theres no point in bashing it/spreading hate, it really accomplishes nothing, and you basically just look like a moron too. We could vault ourselves forward so many steps if people would just get along.

D

Deleted member

uhhh herp derp durrr hurrr derp hurrrrrrr

Please don't say anything like that ever again.
i kind of agree with him. i don't think you need to explain the reasoning behind your preferences to legitimize avoidance of verbal harassment, which is basically the issue of this thread. like, why? so if we don't like your rationale, we feel justified to continue to attack you? seems bad IMO

TreK

Is "that guy"
I call the most oblivious Godwin in the history of the internet.

People try to be kind to each other and reach mutual satisfaction for the greater good, and then, noirscythe happens.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
How are we defining competitive? Melee is definitely a better outlet for competition I think. Playing brawl effectively boils down to fighting as little as possible because of its random nature.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brawl isn't that random, but it is less competitive than Melee. This isn't because of tripping but has to do with other stuff as well.

Top Bottom