• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool possibilities! *MAJOR DISCOVERY found=vid on front page*

humble

Smash Ace
It turns out me and savior cannot test it as much as we WANT to due to various reasons so we will release the video in a few hours. Fair?
Indeed, we will be more then willing to help with testing anything to further samus. (so hurry up and post!)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Alright, to perform the tech you must understand how it works first and then apply that knowledge.

How it works.

ROB is rocking hard to the side and Samus's hurt box/character box is able to touch the stage during this rock.
The idea is to Uair, Dair, Fair or any other set up, footstool and then hit down on the analog to rock harder and then you should touch the ground.
I have had more luck when both Samus and ROB are facing the same direction.

Little is known about this tech. It might work with others, but IDK. You'll just have to look.

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzWk_cxO4aw

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I may work on one of samus's most ******** match-ups.......Olimar. We still need more testing on it so please unleash whatever findings you have.

humble

Smash Ace
This looks amazing, but I don't get how it works- why is the footstool jump canceled? Is this Samus specific?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This will not work on anyone but ROB. ROB's footstool animation cancels any attack being performed when the footstool touches the ground which is why certain (probably most) characters can infinite him this way.

This is the third found but I have no doubt there are more where this game from.

You might be able to find combos on other tall characters and heavies using this method but they won't infinite like this one does (and it probably does, and if it doesn't, it jablocks).

Anyhoo, this will only be the next in a long series of infinites found on ROB that eventually pound his *** into C tier where he belongs. Anyone wanna bet that Falco can like dthrow->footstool->dair->laser->grab?

Edit: I checked and Samus is the sixth character that has a confirmed footstool infinite on ROB. lol

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm....... it does seem like it can help her meta game if perfected.

but you need to be able to get close and samus can be out matched in hand to hand combat.

all in all im hungry for some BK

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol ROB gets ***** again. But maybe too hard to perform it in a serious match.

This will not work on anyone but ROB.

You might be able to find combos on other tall characters and heavies using this method but they won't infinite like this one does (and it probably does, and if it doesn't, it jablocks).
MAKE UP YOUR MIND D:.

I think we have a good chance of getting this on other characters, I'll be sure to do some testing when I get this tech down.

Top Bottom