• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For glory? More like for Jack***es

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Oh my god I wish there was no cussing penalty on here cause that's all this would be. WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE!? literally the only thing that happens when I play for glory is someone spamming the same move over and over or comboing me over and over WITH THE SAME COMBO! You cheap idiots do NOTHING but combo spam and ledge guard ALL THE TIME you don't play to enjoy it. You play to win. That's not something to be proud of! I would play "For Fun" but I hate items. And I like a flat plain stage to fight on.
This was gonna be a calm collected thread about players being too aggressive, but as I started making it I realized how truly infuriating the whole thing is.

Ugh...you people ate ridiculous, do you think doing the same thing over and over makes you good!? HAH, Do you really suck so badly that you have to do the same thing over and over to win? If that's the case you're pathetic.
They used a good combo on you that you kept falling for? What newbs.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
The only reason they are doing to same combos and cheap tricks on is because u let them combo u. You have to standem your ground and block or jump over that aura sphere. Play Safe If they have a K.O Punch. Show them that combos don't work on you like they do on noobs.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Ah-ha! *wags finger* You ~

The level 1 CPU is pretty pathetic though..
Seriously though, if you want to exchange FCs I usually main *dun dun dun* Little Mac. And I don't have the skill atm to "cheap" combo fluidly.

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
No they don't. I never said I don't want people to play competitively. And I'm sure as hell not the "right" one here.
I will do the first connection for you, let us see if then your brain "clicks" and helps you see the rest.

You said:
you don't play to enjoy it. You play to win.

Niala Said:
Grrr people play the competitive mode competitively. Grrr I don't like that.

Last edited:

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
They have a for pansies mode. just set a computer to Lvl 1. Happy day.
Ah-ha! *wags finger* You ~

The level 1 CPU is pretty pathetic though..
I will do the first connection for you, let us see if then your brain "clicks" and helps you see the rest.

You said:
you don't play to enjoy it. You play to win.
Niala Said:
Grrr people play the competitive mode competitively. Grrr I don't like that.[/quote]
I never said I don't like playing competitively! What is it with you people?
Seriously though, if you want to exchange FCs I usually main *dun dun dun* Little Mac. And I don't have the skill atm to "cheap" combo fluidly.
I suppose it could be fun. I main Robin and my FC is 1006-0928-7336
I really need to work on memorizing that..

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
You can´t be this dense.......

Okay then, when i am back from my job i will bother to link each part of Niala´s sentence to each part of your ridiculous drivel...

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
You can´t be this dense.......

Okay then, when i am back from my job i will bother to link each part of Niala´s sentence to each part of your ridiculous drivel...
Look, I understand what you're saying and why you said it. But that is NOT what i meant by that at all.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a rant thread. Keep practicing man. Learn from your mistakes, then get better. In the future you will probably reflect on this and laugh since you will have much better tactics. It takes time.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
FC 3196-3334-4755 . If I beat you. You have post a rant about how awesome I am okay ? ;D
Gotta get my street cred.

Last edited:

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
Might as well stick to playing computers.
Every game with a ranked mode is gonna have it's try-hards and Smash is no exception.

Eranthe

Smash Rookie
I understand the op's frustration at getting spammed by the same thing over and over. I also understand that you can't blame people for spamming what works. Instead of complaining about it, you'd be better off figuring out exactly how to counter each unique situation of move spam.

Which brings me to a question. How do you deal with PK thunder spam from a ness as falco? Played against a guy the other day that would stop spamming pk thunder only to try to get me back in the air so he could spam some more. Seems like PK thunder moves fast enough and is controllable enough to chase you really effectively, and if you do happen to land on the ground without being hit by it, and ness can use it to launch himself into you, and that has a ton of knockback power, leading to more PK thunder spam.

It's hard for me to adjust to playing with lag and I see a ton of players that are either really used to it or having less lag than me in the same game because they're able to string together some pretty good combos on me.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Which brings me to a question. How do you deal with PK thunder spam from a ness as falco?
The best option is just to clank it, since Ness cannot move while it is active you're not at risk of getting punished for it. Falco's best aerial for clanking the ball is probably Fair or Nair.

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
Ironically after posting on this topic, I played some kid in For Glory who spammed Sonic's charge attack and I 2-stocked him from him killing himself.
Spamming does not equal wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom